Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-08-2006, 09:56 PM   #1
shepv8
V8's for ever

Default 06 Focus headlight adjustment

My headlights are in terrible alignment, they need to be raised up a bit to give more light at a distance.
Any one done this?? How do you do it

shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 10:17 PM   #2
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Be aware that the left hand light (left hand side of the road) is supposed to shine higher than the right hand light (oncoming traffic). You might end up trying to adjust something that shouldn't be adjusted
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 10:55 PM   #3
shepv8
V8's for ever

interesting, I did actually notice that.
They are quite bad though. Im usually a good nite driver, never use high beams ever, but these lites just dont give enough distance at nite.
Old 19-08-2006, 01:06 AM   #4
Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepv8
interesting, I did actually notice that.
They are quite bad though. Im usually a good nite driver, never use high beams ever, but these lites just dont give enough distance at nite.
you have one of two problems:

1. The bulbs from the factory are absolute garbage and need to be replaced with something decent (which i can attest to... owning one myself, i agree, they are crap)

2. the alignment is out. there is an adjusment for headlight angle if i remember correctly, just under the headlight switch itself. maybe wind it all the way up and go from there. otherwise it requires endless fiddling with the angle of the headlight and bracket and it WILL annoy the living bejesus out of you :

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 03:28 AM   #5
BlackLS

There is a white hex (allen) grub screw, the top is visible on the top of the headlight. You might want to use a cordless drill to adjust this (just be careful!)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 11:47 AM   #6
shepv8
V8's for ever

cool ,thanx, will give it a try tonite when the sun goes down
Old 19-08-2006, 05:53 PM   #7
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Check the headlight adjuster next to the light switch if it's like a Fez. Had mine wound down without realising & wondered why I couldn't see ****.
Old 19-08-2006, 07:12 PM   #8
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Do any of our Foci even have that switch?

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 11:26 AM   #9
BlackLS

Nope, South African Focus don't have the height dial. Not even on the Ghia. (although XR5 does)

Compared to the CL on the LR that had it.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 12:59 PM   #10
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Ok, do they have a manual one on the actual light like my old 306?
Old 20-08-2006, 10:07 PM   #11
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine were also too low from new so I used an old alan key, foget the size now but the adjusters are easy accessed, just open the bonnet and there they are behind the headlight assy.

I keep the key in the glovebox now along with a set of T keys you will also need should a rear lamp blow.

Also, if you drive a lot at night the standard lamps will need to be upgraded - standard headlights are rather marginal. There's another thread about this.
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post