Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 02-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Default Air box removal & Fuel Filter

Removed the lower airbox yesterday.

Good result!! :
Throttle response much better, engine feels like it spins much easier . . oh and the noise when I put my foot down . . . yesir!!!

Nobody has stock of the K&N replacement panel filter so am looking for an alternative - BMC or Simota . . suggestions?

Where, in the name of all things good, is the fuel filter on the LS??
Got to be one somewhere just can't find it.
Does anyone know? :

Fredo

Late 2005 LS CL, 5spd Manual, 5 Door, Titanium Grey
To Do List:-
:- Using 95 RON Fuel (DONE -easiest upgrade of all) :- XR5 Springs (DONE) :- Lower air box removal (DONE) :- K & N Panel Air Filter (DONE)
:- 2.25" Cat Back (DONE) :- DBA Brake upgrade (DONE)
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
BlackLS
yum

IMO the best filter is a replaceable cotton filter.

Not too sure where it is, I get the feeling it could be intank, or that cylindrical plastic part infront of the fuel tank, although I've been told that is the carbon canister not the replaceable filter.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
IMO the best filter is a replaceable cotton filter.

Not too sure where it is, I get the feeling it could be intank, or that cylindrical plastic part infront of the fuel tank, although I've been told that is the carbon canister not the replaceable filter.
Now its funny you say that about the fuel filter Mate cause I was just talking to a guy at local Ford dealership.
What this guy does is arrange the parts that are needed for the next job in the service centre and put them into a bin for the mechanic.

Well, 'ol Mate reckons that every time a Focus goes in for a service that requires a fuel filter, the new one that he puts in the bin is always returned.

Says he has never used one in 2 years!

So I wonder where the filter is? Gotta be one doesn't there?

Fredo

Late 2005 LS CL, 5spd Manual, 5 Door, Titanium Grey
To Do List:-
:- Using 95 RON Fuel (DONE -easiest upgrade of all) :- XR5 Springs (DONE) :- Lower air box removal (DONE) :- K & N Panel Air Filter (DONE)
:- 2.25" Cat Back (DONE) :- DBA Brake upgrade (DONE)
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
abdulwahed88

use a knn filter
abdulwahed88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #5
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

BMC is the best option IMHO
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post