Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #91
gtfpv
GT

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
I've been browsing ebay and I spotted this for sale.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Azzurri-U...item415d6cb901

Thoughts?

BARGAIN !!!! interesting to see how much it goes for . i wouldnt buy unsen though because heaps of people sell problems . and carbon frames often are off loaded this way . .
surprising here , nothing along entry level these are all high mid range bikes for 1/3 to 1/4 of retail prices .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #92
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Interesting. I read on the TDU website that people who do the Tanunda part can opt to chicken out of Menglers Hill if they want and take the by pass route. Im not one to back out of a challenge though. I tend to do better with hills than outright high cadence. So I may give the hill a shot even if its a slower pace.
Yeah, they have an escape route to cut out Mengler's Hill, but it knocks 19kms off of your ride, so if you do the 33km Tanunda to Tanunda loop and take the escape route, you end up only cycling 14kms.
Old 20-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #93
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Check out this bike... (just for a few laughs).
http://canberra.gumtree.com.au/c-Stu...AdIdZ314517680
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2011, 08:43 AM   #94
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
I've been browsing ebay and I spotted this for sale.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Azzurri-U...item415d6cb901

Thoughts?

Not bad at all especially with the Dura ace groupset.. I'd be going over it with a fine tooth comb if you were keen on it.

Also remember that a carbon fibre bike is going to be more rigid than an alloy framed bike, so it may take a little longer to get use to it from a comfort point of view... IMHO
Old 21-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #95
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
BARGAIN !!!! interesting to see how much it goes for . i wouldnt buy unsen though because heaps of people sell problems . and carbon frames often are off loaded this way . .
surprising here , nothing along entry level these are all high mid range bikes for 1/3 to 1/4 of retail prices .
That's what caught my eye. It had some dam good componentry and starting from a good price, but yes, buyer be ware I could tell. If I was truly keen I would be inspecting this prior to bidding. other than that it's a great find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey
Yeah, they have an escape route to cut out Mengler's Hill, but it knocks 19kms off of your ride, so if you do the 33km Tanunda to Tanunda loop and take the escape route, you end up only cycling 14kms.
That kind of defeats the purpose I reckon using that shortcut. Sure if your skills arent up to it, by all means take that route, but I like to challenge myself and try new things. If you are going on the BUPA tour and are considering doint this section of the challenge, let me know and I will join ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Not bad at all especially with the Dura ace groupset.. I'd be going over it with a fine tooth comb if you were keen on it.

Also remember that a carbon fibre bike is going to be more rigid than an alloy framed bike, so it may take a little longer to get use to it from a comfort point of view... IMHO
Thanks for the tip. I doubt I will ever get into competitive riding. But a good quality road bike with cabon forks and maybe seat post and with 105 or Ultegra components will suit me just fine. I just got to keep an eye out on bargains. Am thinking of sticking with my LBS for fitment to be on the safe side too. Sure I'll pay more, but I will at least get the best advice and help I need when the time comes.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #96
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB92
Check out this bike... (just for a few laughs).
http://canberra.gumtree.com.au/c-Stu...AdIdZ314517680
haha. interesting write up. That bike will be a buyer be ware kind of purchase.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 21-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #97
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That kind of defeats the purpose I reckon using that shortcut. Sure if your skills arent up to it, by all means take that route, but I like to challenge myself and try new things. If you are going on the BUPA tour and are considering doint this section of the challenge, let me know and I will join ya.
I've signed up to do the 79km ride from Mt Pleasant to Tanunda Shav. Good luck with the ride though. It should be a good ride.
Definitely look in to Amy's ride though. It's a much easier ride. You could tackle the 60km route pretty easy. The only real climb is at the start for the start of the Southern Expressway. It's all down hill to the end of the expressway and flat along out by the coast in to McLaren Vale.
Old 21-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #98
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey
I've signed up to do the 79km ride from Mt Pleasant to Tanunda Shav. Good luck with the ride though. It should be a good ride.
Definitely look in to Amy's ride though. It's a much easier ride. You could tackle the 60km route pretty easy. The only real climb is at the start for the start of the Southern Expressway. It's all down hill to the end of the expressway and flat along out by the coast in to McLaren Vale.
Thanks mate, I'm gonna give it a crack. (Amy's ride) If the mrs pikes out, I might give the 60km route a good go. Thing is I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. Is there a 45km section? I might just have a crack at that. Either way Amy's ride is happening. I can't resist the temptation to ride the expressway with 3000 other cyclists. It will be a buzz.

If I give the BUPA challenge a go, maybe I'll catch up with you there.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 21-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #99
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry Shav. I think the only options for Amy's ride is 30, 60 or 100. The 60km ride is pretty flat after the expressway so you should do it no worries. From memory, if you look at the web site, it should have a route map with profile. Otherwise, something like mapmyride.com will.

Let me know if you do the TDU.
Old 21-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #100
gtfpv
GT

if your not a regular rider 60km isnt a cinch . i dont know how old you are or how much you ride . but if you arent doing 20km rides a few times a week , your going to struggle doing 60kms in one go .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #101
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Im 34 and I've done a few 20km rides before. that's why im gonna try the 30km one to see how i go.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 21-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #102
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have now been riding on a road bike for about 6 years of something. I also have a nice mountain bike.

Now I have also worked in a bike shop on weekends for the past 2 years or so and have certainly learnt a lot.

A few things to consider before you buy a bike are:
What sort of riding are you going to be doing? easy rides with the family, to work, fitness only, road or off road?
How much do you want to spend?
How likely is it that you will actually use it?

If you have had any back, neck or shoulder injuries be aware that a road bike is about the worst thing you can buy. On a hybrid you sit up higher than on a mountain bike, which sits you more upright then a flat bar road bike/commute bike which is better than your road bike.

You do at the end of the day pay for what you get! The more you spend, the lighter, stronger and better equipped a bike will be. Whether this is wheels, drive train components, seats there will be improvements. Any reputable bike shop will not stock anything that you would not consider. They will all do the job, just some will do it better!

Carbon or not? Carbon fibre will be lighter and stiffer than alloy framed bikes. They also believe it or not are a lot comfier. I would not believe my boss until I got my new bike (Avanti Quantum Team 2010).

New or second hand? No second hand bike will come with any kind of warranty! But you can get lucky with second hand bikes I have in the past myself. Beware especially with Carbon fibre framed bikes as the frames can be cracked very easily. Just over tightening the seat post can crack the frame! Also, I know where I work we offer as a store free servicing for the first 12 months. A general service is worth $60. If you buy second hand and things need adjusting then you have to pay to have it serviced unless you can do it yourself.

Size: Don't be put off by the size of a bike ie; it is 57cm and you need a 54cm. Every model has a different geometry to the frame and there are not many out there that are directly comparable. There is a fair amount of variation. You may fit on an Avanti 56.5cm but you may also fit a Scott 52cm.

Just a few points to consider. I could keep on going but I would be here typing all night.

The first bike I bought was an Avanti team corsa for $1200 back in 2004-2006. Can't remember exactly when. I ended up snapping the gear cable and chain within about 2 weeks. I had to spend about $350 before it was up and running properly. Also, it had been used for triathlons and the frame had started to corrode, there were hair line fractures of the seat tube and a few other small problems. I did end up riding it until the start of last year however, I had replaced the frame, the wheels and just about the entire drive train.

Just be careful about diving in the deep end. Think about what you want, do some homework and then make your decision. Don't be pushed into buying anything EVER as you may regret it later on.

Sorry for the waffle but I hope this may be of some help to those looking at getting into cycling!

Cheers, Rhys

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #103
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
if your not a regular rider 60km isnt a cinch . i dont know how old you are or how much you ride . but if you arent doing 20km rides a few times a week , your going to struggle doing 60kms in one go .
No, it's not a cinch, but if you go easy enough it's do-able.

Here's the 65km (not 60 like I first thought) map and profile.

http://www.bikemap.net/route/660080

The biggest hill is in the first few kms and it's the climb at the start of the southern expressway. Then, it's pretty much downhill for 20kms, then flat for a bit and only a couple of small hills towards the end. If you've done a few 20km rides prior, then you should be able to do this 60km ride. There is a drink stop along the way, so you can stop and rest a bit if you're feeling tired.

I did this ride last year with very minimal training due to injuries (knee problems) and haven't done much riding in the past either. It's only now that I'm starting to ramp things up a bit.
Old 21-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #104
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IMO if you wanna go fast get fit and have lotsa fun u cant beat down-hill riding.
you can pick up a decent hard tail for a reasonable price and if your partially chicken the soft tails are mildly dearer. on some tracks they have a by-pass route for beginners when it comes to big drop-offs and the like and the adrenaline rush is insane and you learn quick cos if you mess it up your in pain.
just my 2 cents though seems your fairly into the road bike scene though.
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #105
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Hey Sam,
Is that route map also the same route as the 30km one but starting from Majors road?

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 22-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #106
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsau
I have now been riding on a road bike for about 6 years of something. I also have a nice mountain bike.

Now I have also worked in a bike shop on weekends for the past 2 years or so and have certainly learnt a lot.

A few things to consider before you buy a bike are:
What sort of riding are you going to be doing? easy rides with the family, to work, fitness only, road or off road?
How much do you want to spend?
How likely is it that you will actually use it?

If you have had any back, neck or shoulder injuries be aware that a road bike is about the worst thing you can buy. On a hybrid you sit up higher than on a mountain bike, which sits you more upright then a flat bar road bike/commute bike which is better than your road bike.

You do at the end of the day pay for what you get! The more you spend, the lighter, stronger and better equipped a bike will be. Whether this is wheels, drive train components, seats there will be improvements. Any reputable bike shop will not stock anything that you would not consider. They will all do the job, just some will do it better!

Carbon or not? Carbon fibre will be lighter and stiffer than alloy framed bikes. They also believe it or not are a lot comfier. I would not believe my boss until I got my new bike (Avanti Quantum Team 2010).

New or second hand? No second hand bike will come with any kind of warranty! But you can get lucky with second hand bikes I have in the past myself. Beware especially with Carbon fibre framed bikes as the frames can be cracked very easily. Just over tightening the seat post can crack the frame! Also, I know where I work we offer as a store free servicing for the first 12 months. A general service is worth $60. If you buy second hand and things need adjusting then you have to pay to have it serviced unless you can do it yourself.

Size: Don't be put off by the size of a bike ie; it is 57cm and you need a 54cm. Every model has a different geometry to the frame and there are not many out there that are directly comparable. There is a fair amount of variation. You may fit on an Avanti 56.5cm but you may also fit a Scott 52cm.

Just a few points to consider. I could keep on going but I would be here typing all night.

The first bike I bought was an Avanti team corsa for $1200 back in 2004-2006. Can't remember exactly when. I ended up snapping the gear cable and chain within about 2 weeks. I had to spend about $350 before it was up and running properly. Also, it had been used for triathlons and the frame had started to corrode, there were hair line fractures of the seat tube and a few other small problems. I did end up riding it until the start of last year however, I had replaced the frame, the wheels and just about the entire drive train.

Just be careful about diving in the deep end. Think about what you want, do some homework and then make your decision. Don't be pushed into buying anything EVER as you may regret it later on.

Sorry for the waffle but I hope this may be of some help to those looking at getting into cycling!

Cheers, Rhys
Good points Rhys. Cheers for the low down. Good to know others opinions on bike choice.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 22-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #107
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb-fairmont
IMO if you wanna go fast get fit and have lotsa fun u cant beat down-hill riding.
you can pick up a decent hard tail for a reasonable price and if your partially chicken the soft tails are mildly dearer. on some tracks they have a by-pass route for beginners when it comes to big drop-offs and the like and the adrenaline rush is insane and you learn quick cos if you mess it up your in pain.
just my 2 cents though seems your fairly into the road bike scene though.
Couldn't agree more!

And don't bother with B-Lines even if you're a beginner haha. If you aren't falling off and making mistakes, you aren't going fast enough. I don't think I've put together one fluid run lately cos I've been pushing too hard haha

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #108
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
Couldn't agree more!

And don't bother with B-Lines even if you're a beginner haha. If you aren't falling off and making mistakes, you aren't going fast enough. I don't think I've put together one fluid run lately cos I've been pushing too hard haha

Haha so true!!! i see your in cairns mate used to live up there (where i picked up down-hill) had an absolute hoot lol i first started out doing it on a small eastern battery then saved up and got a orange hard tail and didn't look back damn i cant remember what the name of the track i went down first time starts with a P palmers or something like that anyways it was an absolute hoot then we moved down to brissy where the down-hill riding is **** and easy and ended up quitting the sport and selling my bike (i'll try and find a pick) orange hardtail was a 2003 model would be very old now lol.

Last edited by Uncle Niceguy; 22-09-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 22-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #109
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this is the current model version of what i had from 03' to the end of 06' it was awesome in every aspect and always seem to come out the other side unscathed.

http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/miii/

Last edited by Uncle Niceguy; 22-09-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling
Old 22-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #110
Terror6X
Formerly eawags

How tall are you Sam?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220861167...ht_1297wt_1139
Terror6X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #111
belvo

im new to road cycling found this specialized double on bike exchange ill go check it out on Saturday but im sure they'l tell me they sold all of them.
http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/bicyc.../vic/100384068
belvo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #112
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by belvo
im new to road cycling found this specialized double on bike exchange ill go check it out on Saturday but im sure they'l tell me they sold all of them.
Looks like a pretty good buy (2010 model) now that 2012 models are well and truly about you can pick up what is left of older models pretty cheap. Specialised tend to be over priced due to the brand name when compared with an avanti, or scott from my experience anyway. Having said that the specialised to my knowledge have one hell of a nice frame compared with most other brands.

Just on the side also, I have not looked around for deals as I don't need a new bike but you can pick up some absolute bargains with older models. For example my boss is selling a 2009 Avanti Cadent Team (Carbon ZERO wheels, carbon frame, seat post, full dura ace) was in 2009 worth 10,500 and he has 4,500 on it. Just one example but do your research and find an older model and then you will get a lot more bang for your buck and honestly the difference between 2009 dura ace and 2012 dura ace is maybe 50 grams and bugger all else.

Very nice bike I am on a Quantum Team the more race oriented version. Pretty much the same thing though.

Ps not trying to sell you this bike just pointing out that you can do better when looking around for what is left of old stock.

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #113
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey Sam,
Is that route map also the same route as the 30km one but starting from Majors road?
http://www.bikemap.net/route/660126

No, the 30km one also starts from Flinders Uni. The difference is that at the end of the expressway, the 30km riders turn left and head in to McLaren Vale. The 60km riders turn right and head out to the coast.
Only the 25km one doesn't start from Flinders. That one starts from the top of the hill at the start of the expressway. I think it's Major's Road from memory.

All the routes are here: http://www.bikesa.asn.au/RideGuides_...ApplicablePDFs
Old 22-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #114
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's very similar to mine. I also have a Specialized Allez, but I think it's probably a 2009 model. Can't remember quite when I bought it.
It's a good bike. $699 is a good price too. I paid about $1000 for mine.
Old 22-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #115
HLC
Audi S3

Some EXCELLENT Advice and VERY NICE bikes posted in this thread already.

Starting out cycling it depends on how hands on you want to be. Do you want to get into it hardcore? decent kit, decent bikes, decent rides? Or do you want to do it more casually? Ride to the shops? Bike path loops etc??? Do your own maintenance?

It all depends on what sort of riding you do.

I myself do around 200-220km a week on a track bike on the street.

Last saturday I rode Perth - Mandurah with a couple of mates, 110 kays in one hit, fixed gear. 32kph average speed. Not bad for a single gear bike (52/16 gear ratio with headwind) and not having done a longer ride like that in a few months. Especially when I'm only doing around 20-30km a day in the arvo's after work.

If you want an easy to use, easy to maintain bike, get a single speed. No gears to worry about, reasonably cheap to get yourself in and a great urban commuter.

If Bike Messengers swear by Single Speeds & Fixed Gears (track bikes) then average joe will do ok.

One thing I do not reccommend is riding fixed straight out - especially brakeless.

Ive built a few track bikes over the last 12 months and all cost a varying amount, from as little as 350 to up over 1500 - which is decent coin on a bike with 1 gear and no brakes lol.

anyway, pic for reference.

Anyway, a lot of these guys have given better advice than me, especially in regards to road training... I can cover off on the more urban/social end of things.

Especially because in a year or 2 my knees will blow out from riding a big ratio brakeless and will need surgery to ride/walk again HA HA
Old 23-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #116
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC

Especially because in a year or 2 my knees will blow out from riding a big ratio brakeless and will need surgery to ride/walk again HA HA

At least you'll have the biggest legs in town!

Very nice bike; Love this thing!!!!
Trying to negotiate with the FIL to let me let loose on his old school Malvern Star - would love to go for the streamlined fixed gear/ no brake setup like yours.
Old 23-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #117
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
At least you'll have the biggest legs in town!

Very nice bike; Love this thing!!!!
Trying to negotiate with the FIL to let me let loose on his old school Malvern Star - would love to go for the streamlined fixed gear/ no brake setup like yours.
Cheers!!

HA HA yeah! My calves havent grown that much though in the last 12-18 months, definately more toned, but OMG my quads and other muscles on my thighs ha ha all my slim fit business pants are a bit TOO SLIM FIT around the thigh area now HA HA Most of my shorts are cut off jeans because anything with a stich around the bottom of the short cuts off circulation like compression tights HA HA

Depending on what the Malvern Star is just let it slide. Track Frames can he had for really cheap lately - especially quality frames too. Just bought a Leader 721 Track Frame as a prize for a Race im holding tomorrow from www.gearbrisbane.com <-- my fav Aussie retailer for Bike/Fixed related product. $250 landed on my front door! And then you can build bikes with as expensive or as inexpensive parts as you want. Obviously, price does mean quality. Especially when there are bugger all moving parts to worry about!!!

Just ordered a Nitto NJS Jag stem last night and new riser bars for a more agressive cockpit! www.tracksupermarket.com

So my bike there, cheap frame (because I thrash them lol) but Dura Ace Cranks/chainring, Campagnolo Pedals, MKS NJS toe clips w/Cadence Straps and Doublizers, Dura Ace Seat Post, Selle Italia Turbo, soon to have Nitto Stem & Bars, KMC Track Chain. Headset soon to be replaced with a Dura Ace NJS or Tange NJS.

The worst part on the bike is the frame. Wheels are Shimano something or Spinergy Rev X clincher, or Velocity B43 w/ Formula sealed bearing hub, roselli sprocket/lockring or Hed Disc (Clincher/Track) with Dura Ace NJS Sprocket/lockring. Carbon wheelset (Spinergy/Hed) will be up for sale soon. Never ride the wheels because I fear i'll destroy them on the street!

http://njs-keirin.blogspot.com/ is also another good one for awesome Jap track bike parts!

Then there are sites like www.wiggle.com and Ribble, Probikekit, cell bikes etc for good stuff at great prices!
Old 24-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #118
belvo

http://www.bscbikes.com.au/bsc2/inde...0-ultegra.html
just bought one of these from bsc for $1200 plus shoes pedals and helmet for a extra $270.
belvo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #119
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Quote:
http://www.bscbikes.com.au/bsc2/inde...0-ultegra.html
just bought one of these from bsc for $1200 plus shoes pedals and helmet for a extra $270.

That looks like a great bike and a good deal too
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #120
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Well I got the bike the other day, got some Look pedals and cleats for my new Shimano shoes and I had my first test ride today.

Really enjoying this so far.

Unfortunately I now have a shopping list for Ribble, wiggle, cell bikes and chain reaction !!!
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post