Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 11-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
mariajosie
Starter Motor

Wink Mondeo TDCi hatch

Hello!

I am new to this forum. I purchased a Ford Mondeo TDCi hatch yesterday in tango colour with sunroof, leather seats and voice activated blue tooth with european plates plus some accessories to go with it. I haven't got delivery yet! The sales person has to ring me and let me know how long is going to take to get one! but I am very happy with my new purchase and something which I intend to keep for a while, I can't afford to swap any more cars. Is a very beautiful car. I gave my toyota rav4 2007 as a trade in, all I have to pay is the difference. I hope I have done the right thing in purchasing this car, I have always loved european cars, I don't know how I ended up with a rav! Anyway now I have to find a way of telling my parents what I have done, they don't know yet! I am hoping they will be ok with it! I am european myself! so I think my new mondeo and I will make a fine couple together.

mariajosie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
jared79
Sock Puppets

Mate, it's a great car. There are a couple of minor teething problems, but I am sure by the time you get it, it should be cool. Most of us here have had ours for a couple of months and therefore had a couple of minor issues. But all in all everyone seems to be very happy with their purchases. I know I am. O and welcome to the forum.

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 10:25 PM   #3
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariajosie
Hello!

I am new to this forum. I purchased a Ford Mondeo TDCi hatch yesterday in tango colour with sunroof, leather seats and voice activated blue tooth with european plates plus some accessories to go with it. I haven't got delivery yet! The sales person has to ring me and let me know how long is going to take to get one! but I am very happy with my new purchase and something which I intend to keep for a while, I can't afford to swap any more cars. Is a very beautiful car. I gave my toyota rav4 2007 as a trade in, all I have to pay is the difference. I hope I have done the right thing in purchasing this car, I have always loved european cars, I don't know how I ended up with a rav! Anyway now I have to find a way of telling my parents what I have done, they don't know yet! I am hoping they will be ok with it! I am european myself! so I think my new mondeo and I will make a fine couple together.
So what has this got to do with your parents sorry no trying to pry into your personal life did they lend you the money for something else ?

apstar

ps hope you gave the salesman your mobile number :togo:
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
Dusty1
Giddy up!

You'll love it. Same engine and gear box as the Peugeot 407 and Citreon C5 for about $6K cheaper!

I've had a few minor issues, but otherwise very happy with it.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #5
mariajosie
Starter Motor

Cool

Hello!

No the money is mine and I work very hard for it! and yes I gave the salesman my mobile number. This car is going to give me lot's of happines and I am just going to enjoy every minute of it!

When you say issues, what sort of issues did you have with your cars!
mariajosie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #6
jared79
Sock Puppets

Nothing major, mainly little cosmetic issues. Some of the XR5 owners had issues with the starter button etc. I have this little click sound come from under the dash when I take my foot off the brake, but only one other person has reported the same issue. I sure they can fix it at my next service.

Pretty much the only major issue I have seen is with the XR5 not starting with the button. But you are getting the TDCi and therefore have a key. All should be good mate.

As most people say, every new car has a couple of issues. Just as long as they are not major ones, a car is good. The Mondeo is great, thats all I can say.

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #7
ian b

I would agree with Jared.
I had the problem with the starter button, but this now appears to be resolved. Other issues with trim etc were fixed up today.
The biggest issue seems to be that everything has to come from Europe as Ford Australia have yet to build up a stock of spares. This in turn makes life hard for the dealers who then have to appease irate owners when the repair is delayed.
Come on Ford, there is life beyond the FG.
ian b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2008, 10:10 PM   #8
buts44
Starter Motor

Default Starter Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian b
I would agree with Jared.
I had the problem with the starter button, but this now appears to be resolved. Other issues with trim etc were fixed up today.
The biggest issue seems to be that everything has to come from Europe as Ford Australia have yet to build up a stock of spares. This in turn makes life hard for the dealers who then have to appease irate owners when the repair is delayed.
Come on Ford, there is life beyond the FG.
I had problems with the vehicle starting as well and told there was a module or simliar coming from europe - have you had this done or has the problem just dissapeared?
Old 14-05-2008, 06:38 PM   #9
ian b

I waited three weeks for the module to arrive from Europe as the Ford Australia told the dealer not to fit the replacement modules available in Australia and to wait for the European update.

The car has been back with me for nearly 3 weeks and no further problems to date.

Might be worth contacting Ford CRC to log the issue. I did this and was given a loan car for the period my vehicle was off the road.(and hopefully a refund of the towing costs)

One thing to bear in mind - if you have a terminal failure and need to be towed, the steering lock will not disengage, so park with your wheel straight just in case.
Old 14-05-2008, 07:09 PM   #10
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All the best with the new car. I have had mine for just under 3 weeks and done about 1800kms so far and love it!
Old 15-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #11
Francis

Would all you guy's buy it again or look to something else?
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #12
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

I am very pleased with my TDCi hatch, now with 27000 odd kms on the clock. No real issues to date.

If I was in the market to replace it I would go for the Titanium diesel
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis
Would all you guy's buy it again or look to something else?
No regrets or problems with my new Mondeo Wagon. Although I want to see more Mondeos on the road, I also like the fact that its still pretty rare so Im driving something a bit different.
Old 15-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #14
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT046
I am very pleased with my TDCi hatch, now with 27000 odd kms on the clock. No real issues to date.

I'm with GRT046 on this one. One year on and absolutely no regrets
Bluetooth
Euro Plates
Towpack
:
PedroinTas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #15
Dusty1
Giddy up!

GRT046 says it best.

I'm hoping the Titanium diesel wagon will be here by Jan 2011 as that's when my lease runs out. Otherwise I will be looking at the Titanium diesel or possibly the Territory diesel. I do a bit of highway travel and like the fact I can get near 700 kms out of a tank.

Long shot would be a GSE Turbo, but my missus doesn't think it's big enough to cart all the stuff around.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #16
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT046

Agree but need more incentive to change over like a 2.2L diesel engine

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post