Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-10-2007, 04:47 PM   #31
Ringo
I see you....

Hooray for me...I got a phone call today and have an interview next tuesday. Cross your fingers and wish me luck. Its with our oppositon so I have the knowledge, drive, and enthusiasm and applicable experience...I just need the opportunity and I'm not going to get it working where I do currently.

I have had a rotten year work wise and it has done my head in. To explain it all would make boring reading but as can happen in any workplace the wheels turn and through circumstances and politics you just end up getting screwed over and feel a "use by date" for last month getting stamped on your file.

I finally said enough is enough and I replied to an add about 5 weeks ago and got a phone call today to invite me to an interview. Just getting a phone call because other people are interested in me has done my self esteem wonders.. I haven't felt this good on a Monday for....well....ages.

Good on Gees Louise....glad to hear that you have quit that butthole pervy boss.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #32
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Hey Ringo
Congrat's mate , that's really great news .

It's a good feeling , Huh , lift's "your" self esteem making you a better employee , making a better business ...It all goes hand in hand .

Hope it comes through for you .

Norm

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 10:53 PM   #33
Ringo
I see you....

Thanks Normxb,

Problem is I'm getting ahead of myself.

I drove home with fantasies rolling through my head of me telling my boss that I've resigned and am going to the opposition....

Yep....I'm getting wayyyyyyy ahead of myself.
Old 19-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #34
Ringo
I see you....

I know I'm reviving this very old thread but the interview went really well and I have been verbally offered the job, which I have verbally accepted, and am now waiting on the letter of offer to come through....and it can't come soon enough.
Old 19-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #35
alstar5

Congrats Ringo! I also got my "dream job" and start on Monday 26th. Had a verbal offer 2 weeks ago and was beginning to get worried about not receiving the official letter. Got the official letter today in the mail though and hand in all the bank account and tax details tomorrow.

Through PM I've heard Russ is doing well too. If anyone's looking for work post here because it seems like a good luck thread!
2014 - 2014: AUII Futura SR
2015 - 2015: Kawasaki Ninja 650RL
2016 - 2016: Kawasaki Ninja 300
2018 - 2018: VZ Holden Commodore
2019: FG G6 Falcon
alstar5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #36
Ringo
I see you....

the letter of offer has come through and they are offering me a the job that will pay about 6% more.... plus double the bonus. Your little ripper.

Handed in my resignation today....Big boss now can't even look at me and the new arrogant and inexperienced smarty pants team manager has already said to everyone that he isn't concerned about the gap I will leave.....funnily enough no-one asked him if he was worried !

Yeah I reckon this thread must have some luck attached to it.