Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: What is the verdict? .... Yes or No. Pick 1 of each.
EXTERIOR - YES 172 46.11%
EXTERIOR - NO 189 50.67%
INTERIOR - YES 273 73.19%
INTERIOR - NO 93 24.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 373. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2013, 12:50 AM   #361
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Default Re: VF Holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
I didn't really like the rear end at first, but its growing on me. It makes the VE look old.

Is it just me or are the wheel arches more... tastefully proportioned? It almost looks like they took some out of the fronts and put it in the rears?

All I can say is that if Ford want the Falcon update to be remotely successful they're going to have to pull out the cheque book and keep making 'em out, cause GM certainly made sure it had all of their goodies!
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:54 AM   #362
Buntz
Straight Eight

It's still playing catchup with FG.

that lead will be pushed back further come 2014.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:00 AM   #363
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntz View Post

How so?? FG is closely equipped to VE... VE was better in some respects. I think this car makes FG look very outdated.. So many people have been saying that Falcon and Commodore are so poorly equipped. Holden has taken this on board and made the car comparable to other makes. I can see 3500 - 4000 commodores again once this thing is released. Any one cross shopping it with Falcon won't need to look twice.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #364
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:

Ha ha ha, surely you are joking.

I look forward to Ford's counter punch but this thing makes the FG look like the previous generation. Ford US better let Ford Oz pack the 2014 model with goodies.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:18 AM   #365
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
How so?? FG is closely equipped to VE... VE was better in some respects. I think this car makes FG look very outdated.. So many people have been saying that Falcon and Commodore are so poorly equipped. Holden has taken this on board and made the car comparable to other makes. I can see 3500 - 4000 commodores again once this thing is released. Any one cross shopping it with Falcon won't need to look twice.
Style wise the Falcon still looks much fresher. And if people want equipment, they will buy a Korean car.

If they want a big comfy RWD sedan with great fuel economy, that is reasonably specced... then the EcoBoost Falcon will win hands down.

All they have to do is drive one, which they should if they 'cross-shop'.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #366
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

I love the FG but it does not look fresher at all. Still a very good car but this is like VR vs ED while we were waiting for EF in the nineties.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #367
Lardman

The headlight design is a bit of an off for me, but the design language they're using is more in line with Opel etc - Perhaps a subtle target at Euro markets?

Either way, I can see this becoming the new BMW 7 or S class, in terms that they're in a segment people only really buy for luxury or space, whereas they're focusing on the Cruze as the new workhorse for the masses...

Large cars aren't what they used to be.
Lardman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #368
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Style wise the Falcon still looks much fresher. And if people want equipment, they will buy a Korean car.

If they want a big comfy RWD sedan with great fuel economy, that is reasonably specced... then the EcoBoost Falcon will win hands down.

All they have to do is drive one, which they should if they 'cross-shop'.
Good luck with that...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #369
Vormund

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
Over on LS1, they were saying the live stream started a little early and it had Mike in casual clothes saying that they should applaud and that the crowd should be encouraged to applaud as well.
Yep I can confirm that. I saw it and heard him say "I'll clap anyway"
Vormund is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #370
Lardman

Quote:
Good luck with that...
Pretty much. You'd be surprised how few people actually care about driving dynamics when they buy a car now. They just want it to be roomy and get them from 'a to b'

It doesn't matter how capable the Ecoboost is if it doesn't have the good initial impression to get people hooked. At the moment people shy away from the thing because the interior is...

well in a word, ****.
Lardman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 03:31 AM   #371
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX View Post
Since they have the column shift for the caprice cop car, should do a bench seat Ute.
It's not a true column-shift though, it comes out from the dash. Looks stupid! Should be a real column-shift!
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 06:31 AM   #372
AG3

Quote:
I think this car makes FG look very outdated..
True, this is more obvious in the interior styling, they really look a decade apart.

For the exterior styling, the gap isn't as big, since the FG still looks ok.

Last edited by AG3; 11-02-2013 at 06:47 AM.
AG3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #373
brydie76
Moff-fan

I actually don't mind it, tail lights remind me of an Eos though (not necessarily a bad thing). You can tell Holden wants to capture some of the "Euro" sales, be it actual Euro eg VW or the "Euro-look" like it (Hyundai etc).

And as far as test driving cars, I went to look at 3 new cars on the weekend and didn't test drive one. 2 of them features alone would make me very happy with the car if I bought it (as long as there isn't something dreadfully wrong with the car). I will test drive only when i am pretty much so committed to the purchase and happy with a price- imagine most people would be the same nowadays.
(And yup, the 2 with the best features were Hyundais. That and their warranty can't be beat nowadays. Think a lot of manufacturers- Ford and Holden included- will need to look at that over the next few years)

Now rocking a 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport!
brydie76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #374
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3 View Post
True, this is more obvious in the interior styling, they really look a decade apart.

http://www.carshowroom.com.au/carpho...4171126002.jpg

http://photo.netcarshow.com/Holden-V...3_photo_0a.jpg
They do look a decade apart, but I still thinks the FG interior is better. Having said that, I still think the interior on my AU is best interior in a falcon yet. The ride, comfort and handling is better too.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #375
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like it, it will be interesting to see what ford come up with in response. I'm due for a new car in March, and i had my heart set on a GT 335, but the new VF has made that decision much harder. If only holden gave it a decent motor upgrade, i think i'd be swayed into upgrading my Caprice to another holden...
jimmyxr6t04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #376
prydey
Rob

Quote:
I can see 3500 - 4000 commodores again once this thing is released.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #377
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will hold judgement until I see one in the flesh, as at the moment I really don't like it. There's something about the interior I really dont like (apart from the seats). Then again, I haven't really liked the look of any commodore at any release stage.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #378
The Snout

""Yeah it's difficult but if you make world-class stuff ... you can sell it in San Francisco, Sydney, Boston to Brisbane and it is world class, you cannot do that if it's not world class."

Falcon will have to spend a year not offering class leading features while competing against a car that is clearly superior in it's offerings on those same features. Base Commodore and Falcon aren't in the same league anymore. Saving grace may be if it's not in the same league on price either.
The Snout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #379
Stagg
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can see the value of the VE commodore dropping overnight when the VF comes out, and I can also already smell the burning rubber of the miners who destroy the rear tyres on their brand new SS commodore

In my eyes any new Commodore to cashed up bogans is exactly like a new iPhone model to hipsters everywhere, when it it released, they **** their pants... twice
Old 11-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #380
cool65
carefactor zero

Haven't read all the previous posts but looks more like the chrysler 200

https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...mg.wZYTPsPM1fk

What future bogan is going to want to do up a grandpa car - you would laugh if it pulled up next to you at the lights with a doof doof coming out of it.
cool65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #381
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

Well the weight reduction and HUD and light colored leather for the interior are BIG selling points with me. If there was no Falcon tomoro Id buy the VF commodore - Im always supporting AU or NZ industry. Wanted to buy a Fisher n Paykel dish washer recently but this is the Mrs' field so I had to relent and let her have her Bosch.
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #382
Rico 110s
Falcon follower

Seriously now surely anyone can see that the dashboard is no more than a mixture 2008 lancer and Cruze, Holden are truly the masters of spin if they get away with this one.
Rico 110s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #383
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Apart from the front grill, I think it's great. The tech at this stage is perfect. Would stay well clear of buying one for the first 12months (give them a chance to work the bugs out), if the build quality and pricing is competative a SSV or Calais V would suite our needs perfectly when it's time to upgrage the BF2 Ghia. So far, good work Holden.

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #384
cool65
carefactor zero

First photos of racecar from GRM
http://motoring.ninemsn.com.au/showr...rc-v8-supercar
cool65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #385
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool65 View Post
Not the nicest looking race car.. It might look better with different liveries?
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #386
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The interior and exterior makeovers are definitely A LOT more than everyone was previously speculating, hell I can still remember the Dribble (Drive) articles how the VF will just have slightly updated plastic bumpers LOL … well I guess Holden has proved them wrong after all, again.

It also amazes me how many people are voicing their critical and to some extent negative opinions about the VF yet barely any details have been published yet! Do people realise that this only is the Calais model? Yes it’s NOT the SS … yet people make such remarks as “it’s not aggressive enough”. Then we have the typical drivetrain/driveline comments, yet Holden has not actually released any information on the changes at all!

And lastly I love all the comments made by people who never actually go and buy a new car, they are priceless. In all seriousness unless you are in the market for a new car nobody cares! Yes wether its Ford/Holden or any other maker, unless you are ready to fork out cash on a new car, they just don’t care!
Old 11-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #387
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

BJR's livery

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/02/11/...-vf-commodore/
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #388
blk6t

I also like it, it's a great upgrade for the Commodore...the Calais looks great in my opinion and never really been a fan of the "Calais" in the VE, looked lost.

My only gripe is no release of the SS, which is a big mistake in my opinion, the SSV really wowed the crowds during the release of the VE.

Either way as previously stated, Holden VS Ford is DEAD...gotta stop comparing this to the FG, the VF is more advanced and designed for a broader global market with GM support...it is the Aussies vs the imports and the VF is the first modern Aussie car that can genuinely compete in my opinion.

The only downside to the commodore package now is it's size, it's still a big car...

Anyway for the sake of Aussie car manufacturing I hope the Commodore goes gang busters overseas and exports pick up, plus I hope to see the Commodore rise again in our sales charts which I think will happen as most have been patiently waiting...Holden's biggest task is to maintain that sales run after the hype wears off...
Old 11-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #389
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ_Smooth View Post
Apart from the front grill, I think it's great. The tech at this stage is perfect. Would stay well clear of buying one for the first 12months (give them a chance to work the bugs out), if the build quality and pricing is competative a SSV or Calais V would suite our needs perfectly when it's time to upgrage the BF2 Ghia. So far, good work Holden.
This is going to be an important thing. VE was very poor in this regard especially with electronics and with the amount of tech in the new model it has the potential to be disastrous. Lets hope they have done a fair bit of testing this time.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #390
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3 View Post

For the exterior styling, the gap isn't as big, since the FG still looks ok.

you really have to look at these pics and think about driving rather than looking at the stereo . the VF looks cramped , the seats dont look aligned , the steering wheel looks suss ,and towards the centre of the car, and the falcon looks more comfortable and spacious .
the exteriors look on par . when you compare the new VF calias to the fg g6t . i can see why you would buy the falcon .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: