Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 07:45 PM   #1351
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

So the Waste Trailer mob are doing exactly what they were told not to.Crowds at the beaches etc.14 more cases today,and after todays stupidity on the beaches the number will no doubt increase by a bigger number.When the rest of the country get back to normal the mob over there will still be locked down for months.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2020, 07:47 PM   #1352
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

It seems to me there are some confusing "anomalies" in the stay-at-home rules.

On one side of the equation it's legal but on the other it's not?

For example;

It's legal for a tyre store or a Car dealership to remain open, but is it legal to leave your home to buy new tyres, get your car serviced or go to a car showroom to look at new cars?

If it's not a valid reason to leave your home for these reasons, then why do the above businesses stay open?

In some cases its a bit of a paradox.
This user likes this post:
Old 10-04-2020, 07:53 PM   #1353
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post

For example;

It's legal for a tyre store or a Car dealership to remain open, but is it legal to leave your home to buy new tyres, get your car serviced or go to a car showroom to look at new cars?

If it's not a valid reason to leave your home for these reasons, then why do the above businesses stay open?

If you need your car for work then keeping it roadworthy is legal.
Old 10-04-2020, 08:48 PM   #1354
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post

For example;

I work in Healthcare and a happy little story I heard just last week was a nurse that I work amongst had a deflating/flat tyre, straight after her shift she went down to the local Bob jane T mart to get it fixed as she needed the car for obvious reasons.

They told her to wait 30 odd minutes, and when they were done she had 4 Brand new tyres on her car and was told "thank you for being a front line worker, and this was on us" !!!.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:00 PM   #1355
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I'm filthy that it's ok to go away for Easter if its to your own holiday shack, so what they're saying is if your elitist and can afford a shack you only use a few times per year it's ok to invade those little communities because your rich.

Meanwhile, my whole family has been stuck at home for longer than they quarantine someone coming in from overseas for but I can't hook up the camper and be self sufficient up the river.
6 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2020, 09:01 PM   #1356
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
My point exactly. If they don't keep the people onside as soon as their backs are turned people will deliberately disobey to spite them.

The messaging has been incredibly unclear, maybe deliberately so.

It took ages to get a ruling up here in qld that motorcyclists can't go for a ride, which is stupid. We are antisocial people at the best of times, no one wants to go near us. I've not heard of a single case of motorcyclist to human transmission...

People aren't allowed to go for a dive in their cars. Again zero chance of transmission.

I'm still trying to find out if we are allowed to buy and sell on gumtree under the "2 people allowed to visit your house" rule or if we'll get pinged $1300 for selling a flipping lawn mower.

But I guess we can't expect more from our politicians and cops, afterall we all know what they are like, and they haven't lifted their game one millimetre for this...

Which part of

Stay
The
Fu#k
At
Home

Is it that that you don’t understand?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
4 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2020, 09:03 PM   #1357
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Nice to see all the beaches packed in Perth today. Beautiful weather, I took my drone and got some great footage. No sharks to be seen. Tomorrow is going to be even hotter. Let's see if McGowan closes the beaches.
Hope you're not complaining about people at the beach. It reminded me of this Betoota article.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/brea...1amznPXE4UQvPs

As for the post about tyres, Car parts and car maintenance are essential items. You can buy new tyres.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:04 PM   #1358
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Which part of

Stay
The
Fu#k
At
Home

Is it that that you don’t understand?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's MP asking questions about the draconian nature of Victoria's restrictions:

Quote:
Victorian crossbenchers have called on the Government to immediately review some of the most draconian regulations put in place to suppress the spread of coronavirus, including directions prohibiting people sitting alone in public spaces and going fishing.

"I understand we need to take disruptive and drastic measures … but when you make those measures stupid or nonsensical, that's when you lose the community support."
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-...-njsV6y5FiuwJw

On Thursday at work I drove 200km+ around Melbourne's suburbs, visiting 10 different businesses and chatting with various amounts of their staff and their customers and dropped off/picked up goods.

On any given day at work I come into close contact with 50+ people.

Its fine to do that, but I can't go for a drive on the weekend by myself or wash my car even if I'm the only person at the car wash

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 10-04-2020 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:18 PM   #1359
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To anyone now at home instead of going to work beware of bill shock from your power supplier.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:22 PM   #1360
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The hypocrisy is out of control.

We are not allowed to drive unless 100% essential because the more you drive the more chance you will be in a crash and the more times you will have to visit the fuel station, yet I saw information today saying essential workers who travel in a single vehicle now HAVE to take 1 car per person. So more cars on the road, more chance of crashes, more social interaction at fuel stations.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2020, 10:39 PM   #1361
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
To anyone now at home instead of going to work beware of bill shock from your power supplier.
But look what you might be saving to offset that;

- Saving on bait cause you can't go fishing

- Saving on petrol

- Saving on tickets and overpriced popcorn at the cinemas

- Saving on a pint at the local pub

- Spending less because you might lose your job

And the list goes on.
5 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2020, 10:49 PM   #1362
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Governments are struggling to contrive the best attack against this virus, to keep it controlled and contained, all around the world spending billions to keep their countries citizens and economies alive.

And we all are concerned about our rights to drive here and there in our classic cars, motorbikes, or to go to the beach.

FFS, it's a global emergency that everyone has to suffer a little bit for, until it's under control.

Me, I have to go to work against my wishes, so I can be exposed to the population who don't take this situation serious, and will be the one's helping spread it.

The government hasn't done this before, and is learning along the way, and so far Australia is fairing well compared to other countries. The rules have been made up quickly, without time to consider every situation, of course there are questions.

Do something for the country and stay at home for a bit!

We aren't all intelligent, clever, or possessing common sense. The rules are to cover all of us (even people who don't fit into the above)

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Old 10-04-2020, 10:58 PM   #1363
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post

We are not allowed to drive unless 100% essential because the more you drive the more chance you will be in a crash and the more times you will have to visit the fuel station, yet I saw information today saying essential workers who travel in a single vehicle now HAVE to take 1 car per person. So more cars on the road, more chance of crashes, more social interaction at fuel stations.
Yeah we got told by work they’d rather us not carpool anymore. Gone from 2 cars to 5. Roughly 150km round trip. Upside is I’m slowly getting through the backlog of podcasts but other than that I think it’s a bit ridiculous.

Then get to work & sit in the same room for our prestart meetings, just distanced more than usual.

Can’t really complain as at least I still have a job to go to. I do feel for the huge list that don’t anymore.

69 Camaro, ls1, t56 htv2300 slowly being built

Build thread - http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/showthread.php?t=12534
Old 10-04-2020, 10:59 PM   #1364
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Or a simpler way to put it...

"The virus doesn't move, people move it.
If we stop moving, it stops moving, and the virus dies."

It's that simple.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:02 PM   #1365
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Governments are struggling to contrive the best attack against this virus, to keep it controlled and contained, all around the world spending billions to keep their countries citizens and economies alive.

And we all are concerned about our rights to drive here and there in our classic cars, motorbikes, or to go to the beach.

FFS, it's a global emergency that everyone has to suffer a little bit for, until it's under control.

Me, I have to go to work against my wishes, so I can be exposed to the population who don't take this situation serious, and will be the one's helping spread it.

The government hasn't done this before, and is learning along the way, and so far Australia is fairing well compared to other countries. The rules have been made up quickly, without time to consider every situation, of course there are questions.

Do something for the country and stay at home for a bit!

We aren't all intelligent, clever, or possessing common sense. The rules are to cover all of us (even people who don't fit into the above)
There is way too much mixed messaging between what Federal Government and State Governments are doing - we're operating like we're 8 different countries.

Victoria has given Victoria Police ridiculous extra powers that are being applied unfairly and abused with no review process - until something picks up pace on social media then they decide to 'review' fines.

South Australia appears to be allowing groups of up to 10 people where as here in Victoria we can't do anything except the four things on our approval list and the police are handing out fines for ridiculous circumstances.

Victoria Police are on a doozy this year - George Pell and the sham trial by media having to make it to the highest court in our country and now this.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:04 PM   #1366
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
There is way too much mixed messaging between what Federal Government and State Governments are doing - we're operating like we're 8 different countries.

Victoria has given Victoria Police ridiculous extra powers that are being applied unfairly and abused with no review process - until something picks up pace on social media then they decide to 'review' fines.

South Australia appears to be allowing groups of up to 10 people where as here in Victoria we can't do anything except the four things on our approval list and the police are handing out fines for ridiculous circumstances.

Victoria Police are on a doozy this year - George Pell and the sham trial having to make it to the highest court in our country and now this.

As I said, each Government is working out what to do, so each State has their own plan. George Pell has nothing to do with it.

1971 Fairlane 500
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
7 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2020, 11:06 PM   #1367
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
As I said, each Government is working out what to do, so each State has their own plan. George Pell has nothing to do with it.
'Working out what to do' is not a good enough excuse to persecute your own citizens and George Pell has everything to do with our sham police force and court system influenced by media pressure.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:11 PM   #1368
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
'Working out what to do' is not a good enough excuse to persecute your own citizens and George Pell has everything to do with our sham police force and court system influenced by media pressure.
The only other option is getting all citizens to be OK with the thought it's alright to die.
The quarantines are only to alleviate a rush to the ICU and the morgues. It's accepted that unless a vaccine comes out we're all to get it eventually
I'm a middle aged smoking fatty so when I get it I know I'm going to die.
I'm fine with that because often I want to anyway. But I'm looking forward to a couple of sweet months of double dole before I go so I'm staying the **** at home mostly and don't care what others do
Old 10-04-2020, 11:11 PM   #1369
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Damien, you're argument is outside this topic, Covid 19 has nothing to do with your sham police force and court system.

1971 Fairlane 500
4 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2020, 11:55 PM   #1370
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Damien, you're argument is outside this topic, Covid 19 has nothing to do with your sham police force and court system.
Yes it does, it has everything to do with the current restrictions and extra powers granted in Victoria to our police who are judge jury and executioners with the ability to penalise people with $1600 fines at their discretion and the only oversight being social media.

There's serious social and political issues with this scenario.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 11-04-2020 at 12:01 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 12:03 AM   #1371
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yes it does, it has everything to do with the current restrictions and extra powers granted in Victoria to our police who are judge jury and executioners with the ability to penalise people with $1600 fines at their discretion and the only oversight being social media.

There's serious social and political issues with this scenario.
Yes, even in Wuhan. Nothing to do with Victoria... you’re just a fly on the backside of the world. Wake up, bro!

1971 Fairlane 500
3 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 12:07 AM   #1372
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Yes, even in Wuhan. Nothing to do with Victoria... you’re just a fly on the backside of the world. Wake up, bro!
We're not China and some communist dictatorship that can lock it's citizens inside their homes, feed bull**** to the 'World Health Organisation' who then parrots falsevinformation to the world - well we claim we aren't anyway but it seems I've been mistaken.

I'm curious about NSW as it has the highest amount of cases out of any state, what suburbs in Sydney have the highest instances of community transmission and cross it with the demographics receiving the fines?

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 11-04-2020 at 12:27 AM.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:43 AM   #1373
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Australia's current Case Fatality Rate is 0.84% i.e. our hospital systems can cope and provide appropriate care.

Using lockdown and social distancing hopefully we will curb the virus to 10,000 cases, and that means approx 100 dead.

But when C19 is left uncontrolled/hospitals overwhelmed the CFR becomes 10-12%.

Uncontrolled C19 into our entire population of 25,000,000:

10% CFR = 2,500,000 dead
5% CFR = 1,250,000 dead
3% CFR = 750,000 dead
1% CFR = 250,000 dead

Which number do people want?

FWIW, NZ which has early on implemented a total shutdown, their CFR is 0.16% (2 dead)
4 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 12:57 AM   #1374
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Australia's current Case Fatality Rate is 0.84% i.e. our hospital systems can cope and provide appropriate care.

Using lockdown and social distancing hopefully we will curb the virus to 10,000 cases, and that means approx 100 dead.

But when C19 is left uncontrolled/hospitals overwhelmed the CFR becomes 10-12%.

Uncontrolled C19 into our entire population of 25,000,000:

10% CFR = 2,500,000 dead
5% CFR = 1,250,000 dead
3% CFR = 750,000 dead
1% CFR = 250,000 dead

Which number do people want?

FWIW, NZ which has early on implemented a total shutdown, their CFR is 0.16% (2 dead)
I want the actual numbers not the fear porn BS estimates that is being thrown around.

The USA appears to have 470,000 cases and 17,000 deaths out of 330M people.
Old 11-04-2020, 07:54 AM   #1375
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some people are just going to bitch and complain no matter what. Sad really.
7 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 08:21 AM   #1376
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post

Thank goodness for solar!
5 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 08:23 AM   #1377
superyob
Banned

Quote:
This virus is the catalyst for a dry run at a communist style lockdown, especially in the Union of Soviet Socialist Republic Victoria. This is to gauge our reaction as a population. The next one will not be benign...

Tin foil? If it looks like a duck...
3 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 10:01 AM   #1378
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post

Yes... I have to work in fairly close proximity with 40 plus people five days a week and part of my job i looking after stuff they've touched and handled . That's okay apparently but if I want to take my XR6 for a run on my own or do something that's not 'essential' it's not okay .

Double standards everywhere you look but not quite as much common sense and trust on many things it seems . .I have no problem with social distancing . I have no problem with no gatherings more than two people and carrying some basic things to sanitize stuff because I don't want to get the disease and certainly don't want to be responsible for someone else getting it. It has to be enforced with common sense and respect though and not have so much confusion with interpretation by the coppers...I bet they wish for much better definitions too. Punish the blatant and defiant of course but be a bit flexible with anyone unsure of what's essential or isn't. Hope that's the case and every infringement in every State gets appropriate review .

Last edited by roddy1960; 11-04-2020 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-04-2020, 10:30 AM   #1379
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Thank goodness for solar!
Yeah, who is this bloke "Bill Shock" they speak of.............
3 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 10:40 AM   #1380
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Yes... I have to work in fairly close proximity with 40 plus people five days a week and part of my job i looking after stuff they've touched and handled . That's okay apparently but if I want to take my XR6 for a run on my own or do something that's not 'essential' it's not okay .

Double standards everywhere you look but not quite as much common sense and trust on many things it seems . .I have no problem with social distancing . I have no problem with no gatherings more than two people and carrying some basic things to sanitize stuff because I don't want to get the disease and certainly don't want to be responsible for someone else getting it. It has to be enforced with common sense and respect though and not have so much confusion with interpretation by the coppers...I bet they wish for much better definitions too. Punish the blatant and defiant of course but be a bit flexible with anyone unsure of what's essential or isn't. Hope that's the case and every infringement in every State gets appropriate review .

You've shot your argument down with one word - want. You want to go for a drive, you don't need to.
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread