Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
0xyg3n

Default Commodore @$!?head's while I skate.

Just a little bit of background before I get to the point here. When I was younger I used to Inline skate mostly as transport to school. End of last year I got back into skating to keep fit and have some fun like I used to when I was younger.

Now to the point. (This is a copy and paste from another forum I post on).

I've finally had a gut full of the crap from commodore drivers and yes its only from commodore drivers 99 out of 100 are P platers aswell. No other driver of any model car seems to have a problem. If you ever want to come for a skate with me your welcome to see what its like.

Usually I only get a mouth full of abuse about getting off the road even when I'm clearly in the bike lane (I skate faster then most people can ride a bike so I'm classed more as a bike then a pedestrian). The cops dont care where I skate either they have seen me around a lot including going flat out down the main street of town in the bike lane.

But today I finally had it. The P plater swerved closer to the bike lane the front passenger yelled something all I could understand was "roller" (I dont see why anyone trys to yell stuff you can never understand it) next thing I noticed the rear passenger hang out the window and throw a heap of water at me. Really shits me what this world has come to. If your asking how I could see all this the bike lane is only on one side of the lake so I was skating into the flow of traffic. I always skate into the traffic as its easyer to see everything going on. Even when I was younger and stupider I would never do anything like this.

The only upside was that I didn't have to use up all my water as I was nice and cool. So thanks alot guys for the free shower.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

You sure it was water and not pee?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Good on you for having the common sense and decency to stay off the footpath in busy areas too. I can't see a problem with you using the bike lane. You wouldn't take up any more room than a bike and as you said you go faster than most people ride. Some people are just morons, all you can do is hope natural selection takes place.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 03-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #4
fmc351
let it burn

Boredom, idiots, posers, jealous... but mostly idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Some people are just morons, all you can do is hope natural selection takes place.
The process is too slow...

Maybe there should be a 'genuine consequences' natural selection test as part of the driving test.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:08 PM   #5
strik9
aka fpv747

pass the hankie. lol look out for a black f6. i,m only joking. but i find it funny. (yes i have a worped sense of humour) there is no difference to any car drivers. there are still w$$kers in falcons and i might aswell say it first. i could be one of them.lol. ( have you seen blades of glory)
Old 03-02-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
ExAreSix
STi Pilot

What's the hardest thing about Inline Skating?

Telling your parents you're gay.

But seriously, just jokes dude. Sorry about the commie drivers
Old 03-02-2008, 10:38 PM   #7
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExAreSix

Old 03-02-2008, 11:05 PM   #8
strik9
aka fpv747

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExAreSix

dam i knew i started somthing. lol if your not carefull i,ll get my inline skates out and whoop some a$se . i,m only joking, but i guess the poster ti this thread is,nt

Last edited by fpv747; 03-02-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Closed Thread