Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-07-2008, 01:01 AM   #61
fordfan351
Now serving defect #6

I am quite sceptical of the above website, all seems a bit dodgey pay a website and every petrol station will just give u upto 50 cents a litre of your costs, somehow I dont think so.

I googled the name of the website and it sent me to a site called ripoff report.com so appears this is possibly a scam, be great if it wasnt but when it looks to good to be true it usually is.
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2008, 01:08 AM   #62
cupic
Nikon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZSXY
Saudi Arabia increases production by 200,000 barrels a day, Nigeria decrease production by 300,000. And your telling me its not about the coin.

There is a simple saying. What goes up must come down. Maybe not this year or the year after, but a credit crunch is coming bigtime. Economies are going to go bust and we will all be left to sit and wonder how the f***n hell it happened.

If a Beduin shepherd farts in arabia, oil rocking up to $US300 pbl

This is all horse crap the arabs ruskies and the has the globe by the balls

Any excuse to print there own money is a good enough reason to jack up the price.Hurricanes in the Mexician gulf WTF only accounts for 3% of total world production.but when one strikes oil goes bananas

cheers
cupic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2008, 03:02 AM   #63
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I may be way off the mark here .But its seems to me oil went up around the time the U.S.A got there hands on it in iraq.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #64
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Well guys don't ever expect it to drop down again, and be ready to be paying it for the next 50 years. As I said in the other thread, I've just come back from a conference which had presentations from global resource experts. The world will be dependant on fossil fuels for at least the next 50 years, it simply isn't possible with current and foreseable technology to economically replace it.

Now it won't be conventional crude powering the world, it will be things like shale oil and oil sands. Which is a shame, because these processes are more expensive to operate, not to mention more polluting. So when they replace traditional crude, it will NEVER drop back down significantly as the production costs are higher. They will still be turning a massive profit, but the big oil companies will want to maintain the margin.

The world has used about ~1 trillion barrels of oil. The canadian oil sands alone has about 1.7 trillion barrels. Venezuala has a hell of a lot as well. We have so much it isn't funny. Then there is shale oil. There is about 2 trillion barrels in North America. Even relatively unexplored Queensland has about 16 billion barrels. At around $140/barrel, that is hundreds of trillions of dollars, far too much money for any corporation or government to ignore. And then there is coal-to-liquid technology, God knows how much oil we can get from that.

There is nothing wrong with the technology, it works, it's just been the economics that has held it back. There has been about 3 waves of interest in shale oil, the biggest being during the oil crisis in the 70s. Heaps of money was poured into projects, but when oil dropped back down again the money didn't make sense. But this time, if we really are running out, then these technologies will come out to play.

So be prepared to be shafted for the next lifetime. My prediciton is that biodiesel and electric cars will be on the road, but won't be the majority for some time as they are relatively expensive at the moment (for your average battler anyway), and will probably be held back by oil interested anyway.

My own little crazy conspiracy is that the US is deliberately trying to use up arab oil before they release their own sources, and developing the technology in the meantime. Look how rich the arabs are, now imagine that money in a stable western democracy. The US would control the world for another century!

Now chuck in carbon taxes. China has recently commissioned 800,000 MW of coal fired power stations! They are not going to shut them down, so if the world takes on a carbon tax system, it will have to be sequestered at massive cost.

The idea is we need to reduce emissions, generally by controlling emissions compared to a previous baseline. This could potentially be used to stunt the progress of developing nations such as China and India. Let alone Africa when it eventually gets going, if ever.

So the situation would be, the arabs have no oil left hence no control, the US controls the majority of the world's supply of oil, developing nations are strangled by carbon trading schemes, or simply by costs controlled by the US. And we keep paying massive amounts to fill our falcons until our grandkids are old men. The question is, who would we prefer to control energy? The yanks or the arabs? The only upside I could see is that Australia does have large reserves of shale oil, not massive but could help insulate us. Surely I'm not that crazy?

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2008, 02:46 PM   #65
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan351
I read on the CNN website today that the US is preparing for conflict with Iran...Analysts have predicted fuel around the $3 a litre mark in the event of this conflict becoming a reality. At $3 a litre society as we know it breaks down.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/...ran/index.html

Buckle Up!!
doesn't bush and his family own a oil company in texas? bet he's ****ed that the price of oil will rocket if he chooses to invade another middle eastern country...........................
Old 02-07-2008, 03:24 AM   #66
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

invade another country put the price up again. Pipelines don't grow on trees.
I got to stop reading these they just make me angry .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2008, 08:59 AM   #67
turbo4me

Not to mention little NZ has as much oil as the north sea.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:17 AM   #68
Plugg3r
Bogan w/ Wheels?

The worst bit of all this is all the major countries *Defiantly including Australia* are sitting on a gold mine of oil and aint going to touch it until they need too.

So until then *And probably then* we still we be paying BS prices for fuel.
Proven easily at the price of Diesel..

I think the cheapest option right now is move to Saudi Arabia where the fuel is flowing into your V8 at 0.17c p/ltr
Old 02-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #69
Kil4Collingwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFXR65spd
Someone sent me an e-mail which could be a load of rubbish but I think it could work. I have noticed for some years that BP seem to dictate the retail price of fuel. The local BP put the price up one day, and the following day the other servos follow suit. And it boggles the mind to see muppets lining up to buy at BP when it's 10c cheaper down the road. The e-mail suggested boycotting BP, therefore forcing them to lower prices to be competitive, and hopefully the other companies would do the same to remain competitive.

More to the point, I too feel that we pay too much tax. Your income is taxed before you get it. Everything you buy with the money left over is taxed. I wonder what the average percentage of our income ends up with the tax man......
I figured it out one week awhile ago, kept my payslip and receipts for EVERYTHING I purchased and after fuel, bills, shopping etc turned out to be around 60% or so, and I don't even drink or smoke god help you if you do.

And to top it off the tax office sends me a letter at tax time DEMANDING more money.

I honestly believe the only difference between our "democracy" and communism is we choose between two monkeys who will dictate our lives.

And where can I get my "I didn't vote for Kevin'07" bumper sticker?
Kil4Collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2008, 08:04 PM   #70
old_mate
Smash the Boost

Luckily I have a company vehicle, my Diesel Hilux sits in the garage. While i can afford to drive it on weekends I prefer not to, due to 20 bucks basically buying 120klms worth of driving.

It's getting to a point where im going to offload my XY soon while the muscle car/replica thing is big and people can still almost afford to fuel a cleveland. Will probably step back into a RS2000 esky or a SR20 powered Datto 1600. Such a shame, buy hey, that's life

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 07:54 AM   #71
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plugg3r
The worst bit of all this is all the major countries *Defiantly including Australia* are sitting on a gold mine of oil and aint going to touch it until they need too.

So until then *And probably then* we still we be paying BS prices for fuel.
Proven easily at the price of Diesel..

I think the cheapest option right now is move to Saudi Arabia where the fuel is flowing into your V8 at 0.17c p/ltr
I think you will find that pumping oil from australia and simular nations simply arnt finantually viable until petrol becomes more expensive. So it probobly wont drop in price at all. This is the reason why some countrys with large oil reserves are not using them yet.
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #72
Tribal
OCD keeps me busy...

Filled up the XR6 last night in Melb - first time I've ever had to pay $100 for a tank...
Tribal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #73
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
I may be way off the mark here .But its seems to me oil went up around the time the U.S.A got there hands on it in iraq.
sounds about right, they spend billions to get hold of the oil once its in thier hands prices skyrocket to try redeem some cash. It wouldnt surprise me at all
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 12:54 PM   #74
Carby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya
I'll probably get shot but ....... Whether this global warming crap is real, nobody knows, but at least we now have someone in power thats acually looking into the future more then just his time in parlament!
You should be shot - dumbo's like you voted this clown in, fair dinkum how utterly stupid are we agreeing to Kyoto. We generate a poofteenth of emissions compared to say even China and India and now we are going to get taxed to the eyeballs for Carbon emissions so we can get some "new clean technology in place." Now given we generate most of our base energy from Coal (we have heaps) over 80% in fact, and we know that the Labor party won't have a bar of Nuclear energy, do you mnd telling me how the these genuises in Government are going to get new base clean energy? Won't be Hydro ( we got no water) Wind Generation (fuc*en waste of time) and solar.... ummm maybe if we have panels to cover the whole of the NT we'd be right!!

All I know is that we are going to be more highly taxed to become more clean on a process that is undefined......... :
Carby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #75
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carby
.... We generate a poofteenth of emissions compared to say even China and India and now we are going to get taxed to the eyeballs for Carbon emissions so we can get some "new clean technology in place."
I must admit I have no idea how any of our governments expects any industry to operate in a few years time with all the "taxes" imposed on us. Manufacturing is already in an ordinary state as is farming with competition from overseas affecting both - so the governments answer is to further tax (through carbon trading) these industries until they dont exist. Granted that the details of carbon trading have not been released yet, however I cant believe this will be introduced in 2010.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #76
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carby
All I know is that we are going to be more highly taxed to become more clean on a process that is undefined......... :
Fair post and quite reasonable concern. Kyoto = yuck, Howard was quite right not to sign.

(Visit your 'energy supplier' to see much 'talk and preparation' for increased bills to pay for your carbon footprint blah blah blah).

Me? Going solar hot water.....
http://home.search.ebay.com.au/solar...Z1QQsofocusZbs

That TUBE technology, as opposed to traditional 'panel' - any views???
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #77
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEAn86
(i only use odd numbered pumps)
OK, someone has to ask ... why only odd numbers ?
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #78
Fantome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Fair post and quite reasonable concern. Kyoto = yuck, Howard was quite right not to sign.

(Visit your 'energy supplier' to see much 'talk and preparation' for increased bills to pay for your carbon footprint blah blah blah).

Me? Going solar hot water.....
http://home.search.ebay.com.au/solar...Z1QQsofocusZbs

That TUBE technology, as opposed to traditional 'panel' - any views???
pm sent
Fantome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #79
blackauman
Gotta Love Manual V8!!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Would it be out of line to say buy some economical used car to go to the shops and work and use the pride and joy for fun driving?? At least if the economobile gets scratched at the shops you wont care.
This is what takes place at my place. The XR stays in the shed a lot of the time, this has a few effects:-

1. Excel gets binged at supermarket, don't really care.
2. Costs less in fuel.
3. Keeps Km's down on XR.
4. Makes XR more enjoyable to drive because not in it all the time (makes it special everytime).
  • Tickford Snorkle
  • K&N Air Filter
  • HI-Flow Cats
  • Sports Exhaust
  • 7" Touch Screen DVD Player
  • 12" Sub and 4ch Amp
blackauman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #80
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
Snappy, no offence mate, but you are way off the mark.
Oil started increasing in 2000, where it went from US$10.70/barrel.
In 2001 it went up 300% to $32.00/barrel, and in February 2003 when the USA went into Iraq it was around the $100/ barrel.

One of the biggest contributing factors to the oil crisis right now is the subprime crisis in the USA. This has forced market speculators into commodities such as oil, and they have hedged prices to the extent that they are now. Furthermore, oil suppliers are reluctant to increase production for they fear that they have already oversupplied oil on the basis that there is an immense amount of oil stocks ready for shipment, but awaiting an actual buyer.

If you cast your mind back to the IT boom late in the last century and the bust earlier this century, it demonstrates clearly what hedge based buying can do. In the airline business, most of the upper echelons in the know predict the price of oil to be back around $105.00 per barrel by November.
Another thing, the price of oil is cyclical in so far as rallying prices and boom/bust sequences.

In the 70's when the world experienced its last oil scare, the price pressures forced markets to invest heavily in alternative energy. This led to developments such as the worlds first hydrogen powered cadillac; driven and promoted by no less than Jack Nicholson. After demonstrating to the oil producers a capacity to not need to rely upon their only source of trade, the oil board (now OPEC) lured the world back to oil with lower prices. After the shock and meltdown of financial markets on the back of an oil driven global recession, OPEC will again ask us to trust them as they again try to lure us into a false sense of security based on their product.

Some say their profiteering has gone on too long and that more is known about the downside to their product, rendering oil obsolete in the future and rightfully punishing OPEC nations for their greed. I say, bring it on.

Quote: