Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Hey BLUEPRINT (rad drain q)

Is there a rubber seal (washer) on the AU rad drain plug?

I cleaned out my cooling system recently and it's leaking from the drain plug. I put a bit of thread tape on it and that slowed it down but it still drips.

There was no rubber washer on it when I first removed the drain plug but I guess it could have dropped off.

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #2
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Yes to rubber washer... i usually also add some pipe thread sealant to the thread of the plug when re-installing... but be warned, the plugs are normally to soft and will break without notice after using to many times...
Old 05-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
ronwest

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEPRINT
Yes to rubber washer... i usually also add some pipe thread sealant to the thread of the plug when re-installing... but be warned, the plugs are normally to soft and will break without notice after using to many times...
Thanks mate... yeah I've broken plastic plugs before, lol.

I'll have a hunt around and see if it's laying around down the shed.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #4
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest
Thanks mate... yeah I've broken plastic plugs before, lol.

I'll have a hunt around and see if it's laying around down the shed.
No problems amte... anything to remind you about how good i am, just impress your daughters
Old 05-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #5
ronwest

Quote:
No problems amte... anything to remind you about how good i am, just impress your daughters
I'm constantly reminding them...
:
Old 05-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #6
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
I'm constantly reminding them...
:
Ah... good man... so when are they due for a visit? :
Old 05-03-2008, 05:18 PM   #7
ronwest

Quote:
Ah... good man... so when are they due for a visit? :
The two youngest are the petrolheads... the older of the two has just broken up with her bf but gets to keep the SS ute so she'll be down for the v8's later in the year.
Send me an offer and I'll see what I can do, lol.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:33 PM   #8
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Bloody hell... no SS's allowed in my driveway!... i'll have to go for the other 2 then :P
Old 05-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #9
ronwest

Quote:
Bloody hell... no SS's allowed in my driveway!... i'll have to go for the other 2 then :P
Well it would be the other "3" but you'll have to make second daughter's husband an offer... I only pimp for 1, 3 and 4, lol
Old 05-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #10
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
Well it would be the other "3" but you'll have to make second daughter's husband an offer... I only pimp for 1, 3 and 4, lol
Dont worry... i remembered... hence why i said only the other 2... number 3 and 4...
Old 05-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #11
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Pm ??
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #12
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C
Pm ??
PM about??
Old 05-03-2008, 07:53 PM   #13
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
PM about??
Don't think he was requesting one, read more to me as a suggestion.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #14
GK
Walking with God

Oh boy! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 08:17 PM   #15
ronwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Oh boy! LOL!

GK
Heh, it's ok for you, George. You undoubtedly knew that banter is counted in here. Ignorance is my only excuse.

Apologies folks.

I'll PM BLUEPRINT and tell him he's exceeded his limit and to cut the crap (I believe that I have two banters left in my account)
Old 06-03-2008, 08:53 AM   #16
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

There is a banter limit? :?
Old 06-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #17
ronwest

Quote:
There is a banter limit? :?
Yahadtaskdinja?

It's a very difficult area and there are very few people who actually understand it but I'll try to explain it.

For each on topic and very serious post you are awarded a percentage point towards a banter post.

As I understand it there are many factors involved in working out how high the percentage point for an otavsp is. I've heard that such things as your post count (anything over 1000 is good), which phase the moon is in, the wind direction, whether you're an AM or PM person, your occupation (pole dancer is good) and most important of all, how serious you treat your otavsp.

For instance, the fact that you have queried banter is counted as a banter post (the stigma of which can only be negated by a number of onavsp) but because I answered your banter question with a vsaotp it is not counted as a banter post towards me (so I still have two bp's up my sleeve whereas you are into negative territory).

That's about all I know on the subject but if you've further questions just PM someone... apparently anyone will do.

Hope this helps ;)
Old 06-03-2008, 01:41 PM   #18
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Exclamation

Quote:
Yahadtaskdinja?

It's a very difficult area and there are very few people who actually understand it but I'll try to explain it.

For each on topic and very serious post you are awarded a percentage point towards a banter post.

As I understand it there are many factors involved in working out how high the percentage point for an otavsp is. I've heard that such things as your post count (anything over 1000 is good), which phase the moon is in, the wind direction, whether you're an AM or PM person, your occupation (pole dancer is good) and most important of all, how serious you treat your otavsp.

For instance, the fact that you have queried banter is counted as a banter post (the stigma of which can only be negated by a number of onavsp) but because I answered your banter question with a vsaotp it is not counted as a banter post towards me (so I still have two bp's up my sleeve whereas you are into negative territory).

That's about all I know on the subject but if you've further questions just PM someone... apparently anyone will do.

Hope this helps ;)
I'm going to burry my head back in the sand again... it seems to like it there...
Old 06-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #19
ronwest

Quote:
I'm going to burry my head back in the sand again... it seems to like it there...
A wise decision.

Wait until the wind swings around to the NE... it's safer