Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 01-02-2023, 06:17 PM   #1
Zaki

Default DPS6 TCM backlog wait time??

Hi guys,

my 2013 focus with DPS6 is currently with dealership on account of TCM replacement under warranty. It's been 2 weeks now. Due to backlog on TCM hardware availability, wait time was over 6 months in 2022. Just want to touch base on someone who has the most recent experience as i heard it's now easing a bit and max wait time is 1-2 months. Can someone confirm ?
Zaki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2023, 07:47 PM   #2
mickyj

Default Re: DPS6 TCM backlog wait time??

I’m interested in this one as well Ford Dealer told me weeks . I got the feeling they wanted me to ask how much I’d get for it as a trade in just my thought
mickyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2023, 09:08 PM   #3
Zaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyj View Post
I’m interested in this one as well Ford Dealer told me weeks . I got the feeling they wanted me to ask how much I’d get for it as a trade in just my thought
Welcome on board the "waiting list"
Called them today for ETA for TCM. I was told that my part request is on "the list of high priority" but unfortunately they don't have an ETA as the Ford vendor for TCMs haven't shared any. So the part is yet to be manufactured....
Old 15-02-2023, 08:56 AM   #4
mickyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
Welcome on board the "waiting list"
Called them today for ETA for TCM. I was told that my part request is on "the list of high priority" but unfortunately they don't have an ETA as the Ford vendor for TCMs haven't shared any. So the part is yet to be manufactured....
Lucky on weekends I can drive my other car . And being my age I get a seniors card so all public transport is free . I do miss being able to drive whenever I want to . Upcoming medical appointments looks like going by bus or taxi
Old 15-02-2023, 03:40 PM   #5
Zaki

Quote:
Lucky on weekends I can drive my other car . And being my age I get a seniors card so all public transport is free . I do miss being able to drive whenever I want to . Upcoming medical appointments looks like going by bus or taxi
Looks like you'll be taking the bus for a while now good thing it's free. BTW, how much is Ford offering for a buy back?
Old 15-02-2023, 07:03 PM   #6
mickyj

Quote:
Looks like you'll be taking the bus for a while now good thing it's free. BTW, how much is Ford offering for a buy back?
Can’t answer that question
Gentleman told me the TCM was on back order but marked as urgent . It arrived Tuesday afternoon I collected a fixed focus lunch time Wednesday so took a week to be fixed .
My question is why did the first Ford dealer who’d done every service since new hold the focus for a month . Then say we went over the car it was the battery which we’ve charged for a week . That was in 2022 serviced January 2023 told them the issues also check the battery . The report was car is fine battery is fine but next service you will need new tyres .

What does that tell us dealer one couldn’t be bothered dealer 2 was fantastic
But I’ll never go back to dealer number 1
Old 15-02-2023, 07:04 PM   #7
mickyj

Quote:
Gentleman told me the TCM was on back order but marked as urgent . It arrived Tuesday afternoon I collected a fixed focus lunch time Wednesday so took a week to be fixed .
My question is why did the first Ford dealer who’d done every service since new hold the focus for a month . Then say we went over the car it was the battery which we’ve charged for a week . That was in 2022 serviced January 2023 told them the issues also check the battery . The report was car is fine battery is fine but next service you will need new tyres .

Forgot I todays dealer about the first one name ect he said he couldn’t comment on another Ford dealer but he’s been told things about them
Old 17-02-2023, 09:01 AM   #8
Zaki

Quote:

Maybe the dealer let it sit for a few weeks, the battery died and it erased any codes with it and when the scanner was hooked up, the car didnt show any errors so he just changed the battery.. and sent you on your merry way.
Old 17-02-2023, 04:28 PM   #9
mickyj

Quote:
Maybe the dealer let it sit for a few weeks, the battery died and it erased any codes with it and when the scanner was hooked up, the car didnt show any errors so he just changed the battery.. and sent you on your merry way.
But they didn’t that’s what we couldn’t understand they charged the battery for a week my youngest heard them tell me anything could be wrong with the car before they announced the 3 month old battery was no good but didn’t replace it
Go forward a few months to January tell them it’s doing the same things it was revving in their yard while I waited to be seen . They serviced it said no issues and the battery they said was bad was fine . The RAA tested it twice 2 weeks ago no issues with battery 🤷*♂️

I think dealer 1 did nothing and wanted me to trade it in and leave them alone RAA said similar or had those thoughts
Old 12-03-2023, 10:03 PM   #10
Zaki

Alright guys, just some update and to conclude the thread. I got my car back after 6 weeks of waiting on TCM. I kept on calling them every week and every time they told me that TCMs are unavailable and you are on the waiting list but they don't have any ETA on part availability. After 5 weeks they said we've move you to the topmost urgent priority. After 10 days i got call to collect the car.
Looks like there's a limited supply of TCMs available but you have to be on "urgent/Topmost priority" level to get your hands on one.
Old 14-04-2023, 02:32 PM   #11
Bone
Starter Motor

I picked up my 2013 Focus this morning from the dealer after having the TCM replaced under the extended warranty. There was no cost. Car towed to dealership on Tuesday 07 March 2023, they confirmed a dead TCM on 29 March, part ordered from Ford Aust warehouse in VIC 29 March, part arrived Wednesday 12 April, car ready for collection Friday morning 14 April. I honestly expected a turnaround time of 2 months minimum. In my case nearly 6 weeks so that was a pleasant surprise

To keep the dealership on their toes, I did register the warranty claim via Ford Australia and their case manager was contacting the dealership every week for an update and thus keeping me up to date on that same weekly basis.
Bone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: