Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 06:55 PM   #31
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: USA 2020 Election

I've got splinters from sitting on the fence

I am amazed about how invested people get and treat these blokes like super stars with merch and signs and going to rallies etc. Even funnier for those diehards who are not even a US citizen. It is quite a circus.

Might be because you don't have to turn out the vote in Australia. Honestly can't see any polly around here getting any crowds other than members and volunteers.

As for the polls, methods are important but garbage in, garbage out. I think it's pretty ****en soft to lie about your voting intentions instead of just saying none of your business.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:21 PM   #32
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I've got splinters from sitting on the fence

I am amazed about how invested people get and treat these blokes like super stars with merch and signs and going to rallies etc. Even funnier for those diehards who are not even a US citizen. It is quite a circus.

Might be because you don't have to turn out the vote in Australia. Honestly can't see any polly around here getting any crowds other than members and volunteers.

As for the polls, methods are important but garbage in, garbage out. I think it's pretty ****en soft to lie about your voting intentions instead of just saying none of your business.
Merrica, It’s all quite comical.

Idiots voting for Idiots.

And the idiots that run their pre election Polls need to be sacked forever.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:25 PM   #33
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Looks like Biden getting trumped. 280 Vs 259 split??

Regards,
George V
Old 04-11-2020, 08:08 PM   #34
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Imagine if voting was all electronic. The result would be known at 00:00:01 am.
This user likes this post:
Old 04-11-2020, 08:19 PM   #35
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

So it looks like a close one, but Biden looks to be in a better position at this stage
Old 04-11-2020, 08:30 PM   #36
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Imagine if voting was all electronic. The result would be known at 00:00:01 am.
That would require an Internet connected system and the trust is not there for that yet I reckon.

They are still flat out trying to get people to exercise their right to vote in the first place and it seems to me they do everything to make it hard. Honestly we don't know how good we have it here.

Some will moan about having to vote but our only obligation is to turn up and mark our name off and frankly given how easy it is to vote here, there is little excuse.

Everytime I have thought it was a waste of time I still figure it is better to vote for what I thought was the less **** candidate.

I did get fined once (2016 ACT election) because I got on it hard the night before. $20 is nothing given what I spent on the ****
Old 04-11-2020, 08:36 PM   #37
tweeked
N/A all the way

My take, reading behind the lines from the way Trump has reacted, his people have crunched the numbers and he will get overrun in Georgia, North Carolina and Pennsylvania. The postals are running 3-4 to one in favour of the democrats. If he truly thought he would win he would sit and wait.

Old 04-11-2020, 08:40 PM   #38
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Not quite crickets, but there is a double-drummer just outside my back door which is deafening! I’ll have AUS over USA any time, thanks.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:50 PM   #39
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
My take, reading behind the lines from the way Trump has reacted, his people have crunched the numbers and he will get overrun in Georgia, North Carolina and Pennsylvania. The postals are running 3-4 to one in favour of the democrats. If he truly thought he would win he would sit and wait.
I was kinda hoping Trump would refrain from claiming victory but once again he has set it up to be a stolen election even though they are 'winning'

I fail to understand why people can accept an election result that favours them if they win after they claim it is rigged

I am hoping for a decisive win either way to put the loonies on both sides back in their box so I don't have to hear about this **** every day this week but it's going to take a long time due to postal votes. What's the hurry, he is still president until January.

I mean here in Australia we were not expecting the last federal election result (though plenty will claim otherwise) but no one has questioned the actual legitimacy of it and most people can understand why it went that way whether they think it should or not.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2020, 08:53 PM   #40
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Bit of a worry with Biden cuddling his dead son, then being told it's his grand daughter today. Couldn't they find a candidate a bit younger. He has had quite a few of them moments over the election build up.............
Old 04-11-2020, 09:04 PM   #41
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
The postal vote was not that strongly swung towards Biden in the other states, wasn’t far off 50:50 according to Sky, Pennsylvania was 3-1 Biden though.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:04 PM   #42
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Bit of a worry with Biden cuddling his dead son, then being told it's his grand daughter today. Couldn't they find a candidate a bit younger. He has had quite a few of them moments over the election build up.............
One is old, the other is old and a Narcissistic, Sociopathic, maniac, I’m glad I live in Australia 🤞.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2020, 09:05 PM   #43
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I also don't understand the level of interest that people who have no right to influence the outcome show in something occurring in another country.
True. Went to Bunnings on Monday and there was a guy wearing a TRUMP 2020 T-shirt, with what I believed to be his daughter (aged about 9-10) holding a USA flag!!?? Thought he might've been an American expat. Overheard him talking at the checkout and he was as bogan as one could be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1
Trump will win, this is 2016 again.
The GRU hackers helped Trump with that win. Even Trump himself was surprised he won. That's the problem with having a internet based voting system. It can be hacked.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:06 PM   #44
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Not quite crickets, but there is a double-drummer just outside my back door which is deafening! I’ll have AUS over USA any time, thanks.
What a ****ed up country that is.

I’ve lived there, believe me it is.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:23 PM   #45
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

One of my closest friends here in Sydney, is a non-white (olive-skinned) American. He much prefers Australia, although he saw it as his duty to vote.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:23 PM   #46
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
The postal vote was not that strongly swung towards Biden in the other states, wasn’t far off 50:50 according to Sky, Pennsylvania was 3-1 Biden though.
when the Georgia count was at 87% it was Trump 2269000 to 2020000 (249k in front) now at 94% 23800000 to 22780000 ( half the remainder counted) 102k in front) if the last 6 percent carries on the same ratio, Biden will get home by 20 thousand votes. Put $10 on Biden an hour ago as they had him at $2.65 and Trump at $1.30.

We will see if I am right!!

Old 04-11-2020, 09:28 PM   #47
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The problem is Trump has put so much effort into undermining postal votes how can you win off the back of them (assuming that is what happens) and then claim it as legitimate with a straight face We'd have to see the final postal vote count vs in person to see the impact but so far we know postal votes will be huge.

At least for Biden he could claim it even if there would be plenty who question it.

Last edited by MITCHAY; 04-11-2020 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:29 PM   #48
tweeked
N/A all the way

Michigan had Trump 320k in front with 70% counted, at 80% 220k in front, he will probably just hold on there.

Old 04-11-2020, 09:33 PM   #49
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It will be interesting to see the riots after this. How many cities will burn, how many people will be shot. It won't be pretty.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2020, 09:35 PM   #50
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
It will be interesting to see the riots after this. How many cities will burn, how many people will be shot. It won't be pretty.
I hope that does not eventuate but a close result either way does give me the feeling it will. How sad.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:39 PM   #51
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
when the Georgia count was at 87% it was Trump 2269000 to 2020000 (249k in front) now at 94% 23800000 to 22780000 ( half the remainder counted) 102k in front) if the last 6 percent carries on the same ratio, Biden will get home by 20 thousand votes. Put $10 on Biden an hour ago as they had him at $2.65 and Trump at $1.30.

We will see if I am right!!
Where abouts are you keeping track of the numbers Tweeked?
Old 04-11-2020, 09:41 PM   #52
Itsme
Experienced Member

Trump is a worried president atm hence the reason why he has lawyers at the ready to dispute the result of the election if it does not go his way.

Last edited by Itsme; 04-11-2020 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:52 PM   #53
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
Where abouts are you keeping track of the numbers Tweeked?
I took a couple of screen snapshots of a few swing states , nothing too technical!! Biden just past Trump in Wisconsin - his “ we won but were robbed” speach is making more and more sense.

Old 04-11-2020, 10:12 PM   #54
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm starting to see a fairly consistent result among most sources having Biden between 224-238 and Trump 213 with Trump leading most of the undecided electoral votes and that differs on where they are thinking AZ breaks.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:28 PM   #55
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Trumps conference should reinforce why he should have never got there in the first place.

America will hurt for a while after this, as some way to go to restore respect, but more importantly for them they really need to sort out their domestic issues.

Im also OK with giving China some stick, when its done right.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 05-11-2020, 02:00 AM   #56
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Many TV chanels taken up by the US election.

I want Trump to win, but I feel the other chap will just scrape in.

Have taken a passing interest in the way they do things over there. The money being spent promoting each party is mind boggling.

White house surrounded by fences with armed security, shops ordered to board up in case there is rioting..

May not get a result in several days due to postal votes.

True to American form, Trump is threatening litigation because he us upset about the dragged out process.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 05-11-2020, 02:16 AM   #57
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

It’s a dream for insomniacs here. The incremental tallying.

Coincidence that fuel prices at the pump have jumped heavily?
Old 05-11-2020, 02:25 AM   #58
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
It’s a dream for insomniacs here. The incremental tallying.

Coincidence that fuel prices at the pump have jumped heavily?
Well I'm pulling an all nighter in the CBD and as it's mid week there are no drunks to keep me entertained.

Biden at 238 vs Trump at 213.

No idea what the numbers mean but I assume more is better

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 05-11-2020, 08:12 AM   #59
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Well I'm pulling an all nighter in the CBD and as it's mid week there are no drunks to keep me entertained.

Biden at 238 vs Trump at 213.

No idea what the numbers mean but I assume more is better
This is like watching slow motion NFL 🤣

Not much action and “Mericans” talking lots of crap 💩
Old 05-11-2020, 08:16 AM   #60
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
This is like watching slow motion NFL 🤣
I was more thinking it’s like watching slugs crawl over a lettuce.
Closed Thread