Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 27-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
Pursya

Default WT Air Con

OK I'm not that familiar with Fords, but the two utes we have at work are both Fords.
When you dial the air con cool/hot control all the way to the left (cold setting), the air con will automatically start. As long as you have the fan rotating.
With the Zetec, this does not appear to happen, despite the control being marked "A/C" at the extreme left of the control.
Should the Zetec be working like the Falcon utes? Is mine not working correctly?

Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
Trinhy

Default Re: WT Air Con

The fan needs to be on and the a/c button on for the a/c to be on, what the temp dial says is Max a/c, there are other Max a/c markings too on the recirculate air button. The a/c in falcons are a little funny the way it works if I recall correctly.
Trinhy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

In the WS the a/c will only auto start (with the fan on) when going to the demister setting irrespective of temp...
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
Pursya

Thanks.
As I say, the falcons do it auto, as long as you have some fan speed dialled in. I think it's nifty.
But of course, if it was a choice between auto on a/c or one touch drivers window, which the Falcons don't have, I'll take the one touch window every day.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

I'd take a/c that works on a day of 25 degrees or more... At least the WT has far better ac than the WS..
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69 View Post
I'd take a/c that works on a day of 25 degrees or more... At least the WT has far better ac than the WS..
The WS is like an emphysema sufferer in the dash blowing at you through a cigarette butt.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
brydie76
Moff-fan

Meh, I don't see too much wrong with it. Not as good as many other cars, but waaaaaay better than no air con- at least the cabin is frosty after a few minutes!!!!

(Just got windows tinted too- not sure if placebo effect or no, but seems to help keep temps down in the cabin when parked in the sun as long as you keep the windshield covered too. Would definitely recommend)

Now rocking a 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport!
brydie76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by brydie76 View Post
Meh, I don't see too much wrong with it. Not as good as many other cars, but waaaaaay better than no air con- at least the cabin is frosty after a few minutes!!!!

(Just got windows tinted too- not sure if placebo effect or no, but seems to help keep temps down in the cabin when parked in the sun as long as you keep the windshield covered too. Would definitely recommend)
Frosty, WS?

I let mine idle with the A/C on for 30 minutes when I was driving it daily before I left work, then drove it another 50 minutes home and it would be barely cold.

I guess my version of cold is a bit more than the usual, considering when its 10 degrees outside I'm getting around in a t-shirt.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #9
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

I find on a hot day it is only useful when you are moving constantly, stop start traffic makes it useless as it just does not circulate. They may come out undercharged with R22 so having them topped up could fix it as long as it does not flood back onto the compressor while running.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #10
Oriory

The AC in my WS works fine in +30 degree heat, mabey I got a good one!
Oriory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #11
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Too many variables ... where the car is parked, tinted windows, dash mat, use of sunshades, personal body temperature, personal levels of sweat, local climate, humidity etc.

I think the WS aircon is terrible, my mate thinks it's great - we both live in Melbourne, both drive the same model car (his is a Zetec).
Old 29-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Our WS air con was absolutely terrible for two years. Maybe ours was over full and its slowly leaking but now its awesome and works on the hottest days great... who knows
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2012, 03:35 AM   #13
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Works fine if you have the recirculating air on, even in 40c. If you have 40c air blowing in the vents from outside while the aircon is on... Not so much. Oddly it took me a few years to realise that
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post