Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
e-dan
Starter Motor

Default Fiesta alloy wheels?

Hi,

Do you guys have any recommendation for a place that sells alloy wheels for fiesta? I bought Fiesta CL but don't like the steel wheels and it looks a bit ugly as well. I was hoping I can just take the standard tyres and fit it to the wheels. I know it's expensive generally but maybe someone knows a good wheels for $300-$400 in all. Don't really need a fancy one, good strong decent wheels would still be better than the standard steel wheels.
Thanks.

e-dan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Fiesta alloy wheels?

Don't bother with the genuine Ford ones, they crack and buckle very easily, I've just kept the steel ones on mine for this reason.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you can get 15in rims and use your tyres for about $400 or less. bobjane are having a sale but i don't think any cheap rims fit the WT fiesta
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Vehicle-P..._nkw=csa+15%22

CSA Wheels "Nos", "Race" and "Bollenz" should fit.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #5
e-dan
Starter Motor

Thanks...will check it out...I don't really know about wheels...but can you tell me what the difference is between 15x6 and 15x6.5...would that affect anything?Does it need balancing etc?
e-dan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tyre width makes a HUGE difference to the fuel economy of these cars. A 205 width tyre uses at least half a litre per 100k more than say a 185 (at least and could be closer to a litre). But of course you do get a bit more grip with 7 inch wheels and 205s. However if I were to be totally sensible I'd run the same width tyre as you are running now on the CL whatever that is and just go to a alloy rim if that's what you want. Probably I'd really prefer to keep the steel wheels since it makes the car so much more versatile and just run a really good grippy tyre on those.

Its only because we bent the original Ford Zetec 6.5 inch rims that we went to an after market 7 inch, if I had a CL I would have kept the original steels on it. The nearest Ford dealer to me has a good range of after market Fiesta wheels in stock, when the new owners come back with bent rims they strongly recommend they don't buy a replacement rim from Ford and go to a stronger after market wheel. That's a good honest dealer, they tell me almost all the Zetecs they sold have changed rims by now.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post