Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-09-2007, 12:33 AM   #1
theostheone

Default Fiesta Electrical Schematics

Hi All,

I own a 04 WP Fiesta mk6 and i was hoping you guys could help me with a question about the wiring.

Is it possible to access the controller that flashes the blinkers when you unlock the car with the key remote? Basically i want to use neons/LEDs under the car that turn on for about 20-30 secs after the car has been unlocked so it lights up the ground outside the car and turns off once the car is turned on.

Simply wiring the LEDs to the blinkers isnt a good idea cos they will flash every time the blinkers are on, but if there is a controller that makes the blinkers flash when the car is unlocked, i could use that as the trigger to turn the undercar neons on.

If using the blinkers' trigger isnt a good idea, i suppose i could use the trigger that turns the interior light on once the car is unlocked, but i dont know if that is possible for the same reason as the blinkers.

Are there any electrcal wiring shematics available that would let me work it all out?

Thanks in advance,

Theo.

theostheone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 08:17 AM   #2
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by theostheone
Hi All,

I own a 04 WP Fiesta mk6 and i was hoping you guys could help me with a question about the wiring.

Is it possible to access the controller that flashes the blinkers when you unlock the car with the key remote? Basically i want to use neons/LEDs under the car that turn on for about 20-30 secs after the car has been unlocked so it lights up the ground outside the car and turns off once the car is turned on.

Simply wiring the LEDs to the blinkers isnt a good idea cos they will flash every time the blinkers are on, but if there is a controller that makes the blinkers flash when the car is unlocked, i could use that as the trigger to turn the undercar neons on.

If using the blinkers' trigger isnt a good idea, i suppose i could use the trigger that turns the interior light on once the car is unlocked, but i dont know if that is possible for the same reason as the blinkers.

Are there any electrcal wiring shematics available that would let me work it all out?

Thanks in advance,

Theo.
Take power from your interior light, as this comes on when you unlock the car & fades out, the only problem I had with doing this was the relay used to vibrate as the voltage dropped. (light 'fading') otherwise was fine.
I ran a wire from the interior light down the p.side 'A' pillar to a relay then to some neons in the footwells, worked great.

good luck.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 09:39 AM   #3
theostheone

Hi Scareybear,

If i do it your way does that mean the undercar neons will turn on every time the interior light goes on?? If that is the case i dont want to wire it up that way... I ONLY want them to come on when the car is unlocked using the key remote... and fade out after that...

I dont want to be driving around at night looking at a street map with the neons under the car turned on because they are wired to the interior light...
theostheone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2007, 08:05 PM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

id sujest talking to www.jaycar.com.au as they know their stuff and can help you out, they also stock the parts you will probably need and give you an idea how to do it, also im not sure but i THHINK they offer an install option.

give them a call and see how you go.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2007, 06:32 PM   #5
liquidXR8
Starter Motor

Good idea using the interior light!! Sounds like what you need to do is take the interior light signal and 'logical AND' it with the inverse of the ignition on signal,

ie :
interior light on + ignition not on = neons on

you could do this with a couple of jaycar relays or even better a transistor and a single relay if your handy with electronics. You could then add a capacitor to cure the problem of the vibrating relay and variable resistor to give programmable time delay after ignition on (this way you could look fully sick by driving off with the neons on too, then they would switch off after 2 min or something)
liquidXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post