Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #181
nc_fairlane

Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
Quite possibly. Even quite likely. Is it known what map data they use? I thought the last update in 2015 needed a firmware update to read the [new] maps? Mine doesn't have that, it's got the 2nd last. I'll find out tomorrow if the ICC I bought late last week has the last version or not (I may have to pull the ICC out of my car again - in fact I probably will, since I'm sure I'll want to pick the nicest of the silver buttons to keep in my car - as I've got whole other set now to pick from in this new ICC).
The FG2 nav system has map data provided by Navixtras. The issue is the license the map data it’s self is the same as Igo primo. You would need to find a cracked version of igo that would be compatible with the icc.
nc_fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-10-2019, 08:30 PM   #182
raceteam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you stick a USB drive in then go to the update menu in the nav section it dumps some files/directory structure on to the drive. Should be able to confirm the supplier from there.
raceteam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-10-2019, 08:58 PM   #183
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

OS Version 6.4.1 - QNX

(So not WindowsCE)

saved_config_classname="RDS_GPSTMC_SUMITOMO"

Australia.fbl
Basemap.fbl
NewZealand.fbl
map/Australia.fbl
[sensis]#COUNTRY# R20
© Telstra Corporation Limited 2012
Sensis and Whereis are registered trademark of Telstra Corporation Limited
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2019, 06:34 AM   #184
raceteam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The OS of the NAV unit will be separate to the rest of the FDIM
Old 31-10-2019, 03:44 PM   #185
raceteam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a thought - the blank screen isn't caused by a dried out electrolytic cap is it? Could account for something working fine for years, then not restarting after a momentary power loss.
Old 31-10-2019, 06:31 PM   #186
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

The small board (which still works) has 3 caps - but, it works.
The large board (which doesn't work) has 3 - but they all have ~12v going through them.

There are also two things visibly failing here, the back-light and even when that's independently powered, the LCD panel. Both these circuits are very different, and appear to have very large ceramic caps already.

I'm not convinced the OS of the NAV unit will be separate either, there's only one "media" CPU and it's the same type on both boards. Also, the NAV button doesn't appear until after it boots and works out NAV exists - and the two buttons at the bottom change to three. If it were separate - it would know NAV exists and never need to show two buttons only. Also, I can't see SWS making two completely different OS's - but I imagine the NAV part is an application that exists in the larger flash memory that is automatically run at startup.

I had a read about QNX - it's a proper operating system. It has drivers (well, this would be a custom board, so drivers were written for QNX for the hardware things attached)... It has boot sequences... Part of all this is the driver initialisation process. My current thinking is, one of the "device" chips (bluetooth, usb, video-input) has died and the driver is "waiting" for it to respond before allowing the boot process to continue. It's not likely to be fault tolerant like a PC would be with timeouts for failed hardware - quick and dirty software probably to "get things done" only. This, I hope, I can find with my logic analyser but it's going to be a slower process than I had thought with simply fixing a bad regulator. There's a couple of I2C repeaters that will be first on my list. I'm still yet to find the 21v source for the back-light too!

My budget ICC with NAV came today - it has maps "19" on it :(

Most of the silver buttons are in good shape though (not all) but between the two I have, I can make one really good unit.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2019, 07:43 PM   #187
hellrc5

Qnx is a proper realtime OS designed to run much more complex systems than the ICC is so i have to assume it has proper timeouts etc but more likely asked to halt/shutdown the whole system if it cannot init one or more components. Recovering the content of the flash memory from the failed panel could answer some questions again assuming it contains system logs etc on a standard qnx filesystem.

This whole thread is really exciting, thank you for the great work and documentation @JasonACT

Sent from my Note7 FE - Flames Extinguished edition
hellrc5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2019, 09:18 PM   #188
JasonACT
Away on leave

On both boards, u408 (USB) & u1003 (video-in) [the two I2C level-shifting repeaters] behave normally initially, however while the working unit starts to get a lot of comms happening at 25 seconds into the boot cycle... The broken unit never gets to the point where comms start.

There's an empty 10 pin connector spot (next to the main ICC plug) and this is what I see on the not-working unit (I have not tried the working one yet):

Pin 1 : 13 seconds in goes from low to high
Pin 2,3,6,7,9,10 : Low
Pin 4,5 : Some sort of serial comms happening at 58.82KHz or 117.64KHz
Pin 8 : High.

Comms initialises at 15 secs in (take away 1 or 2 secs for my one handed start-capture press and power plug insert manoeuvre) and starts at 15.6 seconds.

(I know, it's probably 115.2K baud, these things are never accurate. I have not tested the voltages though.)
Old 31-10-2019, 10:31 PM   #189
JasonACT
Away on leave

The empty SD card spot starts to be active at 2.5 seconds into power-up (which is really immediately with my one handed start).

Just downloaded the bluetooth datasheet - another chip which hides its pins though. Seems like a pretty sophisticated unit.

Time for a break.
Old 31-10-2019, 10:38 PM   #190
hellrc5

If i had to guess that 10 pin pad set on the board it will be debug/jtag/bsp port. It is extremely lucky if it turns out to be a debug port but there is a simple rs232 rx/tx pin pair for ser comm, actually the 115kbps reading supports this as it is a very common ser port speed, relatively easy to verify if thats ser comm or not with a good terminal emulator on the pc side. I will really laugh if it dumps a bootlog there

3 users like this post:
Old 01-11-2019, 12:22 AM   #191
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrc5 View Post
This whole thread is really exciting, thank you for the great work and documentation @JasonACT

I understand very little of what's being documented but it reads like a good thriller novel.

I find myself logging in to find out the latest discovery.

One step at a time to find the culprit...

Well done to the detectives

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 02-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #192
JasonACT
Away on leave

Well, the 2 serial ports were no use, all I got were numbers (characters from '0' through to '9') in lots of 32 or 31, where it starts and ends with "192". Both boards initially output the same numbers. The working board continues to produce output (after a short initial break between bursts) where the bad one just stops.

I've tested all the regulators, they are fine
I've tested all the resistors, they are fine.
I've tested all the transistors, they are fine.
I've tested the CAN BUS module, it's fine.
I've tested the Touch Screen chip, it's fine (and continues to run on both boards - so I think it's interrupt driven).
It never gets to initialise the video input chip.
I think another chip (U901 - bluetooth area) is on the I2C bus that the video input chip is using - so it's also never being initialised. Best guess is, that's an Apple iPod authentication IC.
I've tested the audio codec chip, it doesn't seem to "talk back" on either boards, but the commands being sent in from the CPU are the same on both boards - so it seems to be working too.

This leaves Bluetooth and USB. The Bluetooth chip is near impossible to test out, and near impossible to repair/replace too... The USB chip though is exposed (but still a hard thing to replace)...

Working board's USB data direction pin

Broken board's USB data direction pin

So both boards start by initialising the chip (zooming in shows the 2 chips do the same thing in terms of it listening and talking [data direction]) then the working board moves onto something else before finally coming back to the USB for one last conversation. This is all very repeatable.

The broken board never seems to get past the initialisation stage. That image shows it slows down over time (it's a 30 second capture/graph) however I've done it a few times and it's pretty random - one shows solid white lines for the whole 25 second period to the right).

The USB chip has internal 3.3v and 1.8v regulators (which are exposed, but you are told not to use them to power anything). They checked out fine on the broken board.

I'll have to see if there are any line drivers between the USB chip and CPU - if there are, one of those gates may be broken preventing sensible information from being passed. That's now best case for a fix because replacing this USB chip isn't going to be easy.

Last edited by JasonACT; 02-11-2019 at 01:42 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-11-2019, 08:41 PM   #193
JasonACT
Away on leave

I ordered some USB3340 chips, along with some circuit boards to break-out the pins. The USB83340 is an "automotive level" part - which handles 20c more heat and has noise supression... Clearly they don't handle the extra heat, and I just want to see what this board does on the bench with a clean chip...

U400:

Playing the waiting game, again...

Last edited by JasonACT; 02-11-2019 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Pretty sure this thing connects directly to the main CPU :(
2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2019, 11:15 PM   #194
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You have spent a lot of nights on this. If you were to start repair-service for others after you find the problem you will need a little add-on fee in addition to your parts and time.
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2019, 05:59 PM   #195
JasonACT
Away on leave

I guess the idea is to get confirmation that this is "the thing" that happens to the units - so people can find their own local electronics repairer and get it done at a reasonable cost.

I'm still waiting for parts, but I have progressed (well, as long as I have not totally screwed the board - C401 isn't looking very healthy anymore).

Wrapped the board in foil to try and "hot air" desolder the chip - but that failed:

Dremel time (took the plastic cover and silicon away, exposing the heatsink):

That worked, took a 70 watt 400c soldering iron to do the job:

Lost one trace (pin 1 - the clock output, which is my fault but is easily repaired - and poor C401 - the black stuff is just the black plastic case that went everywhere):

But the waiting game continues...

Last edited by JasonACT; 11-11-2019 at 05:59 PM. Reason: (No, the board does not power up with that chip removed!)
4 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2019, 10:25 PM   #196
petero1

[QUOTE=JasonACT;6364323]I guess the idea is to get confirmation that this is "the thing" that happens to the units - so people can find their own local electronics repairer and get it done at a reasonable cost.

I'm still waiting for parts, but I have progressed (well, as long as I have not totally screwed the board - C401 isn't looking very healthy anymore).

Lost one trace (pin 1 - the clock output, which is my fault but is easily repaired - and poor C401 - the black stuff is just the black plastic case that went everywhere):

But the waiting game continues... Last edited by JasonACT; Today at 04:29 PM. Reason: (No, the board does not power up with that chip removed!)

Been following this for a while now Jason, you sure have made some progress.
I had a look at the details for the USB3340 and it seems to be a bit touchy in a few areas, namely the 3.3v and 1.8v regulators, the data sheet says
TABLE 3-1: ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM RATINGS
Parameter Symbol Conditions MIN TYP MAX Units
VBUS
, VBAT, ID, DP, DM,

SPK_L
, and SPK_R

voltage to
GND

V
MAX_5V Voltage measured at pin.

VBUS
tolerant to 30V with

external R
VBUS.

-0.5 +6.0 V
Maximum
VDD18 voltage

to Ground
V
MAX_18V -0.5 2.5 V

Maximum
VDD33 voltage

to Ground
V
MAX_33V -0.5 4.0 V

Maximum
VDDIO voltage

to Ground
V
MAX_IOV -0.5 4.0 V

Maximum I/O voltage to
Ground
V
MAX_IN -0.5 VDDIO + 0.7

Operating Temperature T
MAX_OP -40 85 C

Storage Temperature T
MAX_STG -55 150 C

Note:
Stresses beyond those listed under “Absolute Maximum Ratings” may cause permanent damage to the

device. Exposure to absolute maximum rating conditions for extended periods may affect device reliability.

The 1.8v is not allowed to go past 2.5v and the 3.3 can only go to 4v max.
You said that the board will not power up without the usb3340 so I was wondering if Sumitomo used these two outputs to run other parts of the board contrary to the manufacturers advice?

"The USB3340 regulators are designed to generate the 3.3 Volt and 1.8 Volt supplies for the USB3340 only. Using the
regulators to provide current for other circuits is not recommended and Microchip does not ensure USB performance or
regulator stability."
Probably a rework station would make removal of these buggars easier but they are not cheap for these one off jobs?
Hope the new chip fixes this problem.
petero1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2019, 11:08 PM   #197
JasonACT
Away on leave

It's hard to measure if the specs. have been ignored, clearly some have been. Not near this chip though - but without removing a lot of components to check the remaining circuit it's really hard to tell. There is a voltage regulator there that already provides a good power source for voltages at all the levels this chip needs - and it doesn't show any problem for me - so I wouldn't expect it to be badly engineered.

Though, I do know manufacturers test chips for purpose. USB83340's will be put through extreme conditions before being passed. That may be "more" than a car will ever experience, but might pass and yet reduce the life of the part. USB3340's (for sake of making up numbers) may not have been exposed to those limits... I recall some 300MHz Intel Celeron chips were some 450MHz parts because they needed to supply the market but didn't have enough "bad chips" to do so. An easy overclock back in the day. I'm guessing they are all the same fabrication - just priced differently depending on the tests performed.

I'll see when I get the parts, I suppose.
Old 22-11-2019, 01:54 AM   #198
wesky

My mind's blown. Thank you. Whilst I can't contribute technically, I can tell you that I've had a mini USB stick stuck in the USB jack located within the center console of my 2013 FG XR6 MKII EcoLPI since mid 2015. Never have taken it out. Have jumped a few cars and replaced the factory battery with a Dalkor 2 years ago - no trouble. Although, my new phone doesn't pair with the cars Bluetooth :(.
wesky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2019, 09:13 PM   #199
JasonACT
Away on leave

I'll start by saying I have no good news at the moment (don't want anyone to get excited - the board still doesn't work)...

I've removed a couple of configuration resistors (0 Ohm - so wires really):

Replaced them with switches:

The Red one is (an educated guess) the BOOT from FLASH signal (one is boot from 8 bit flash and the other one is boot from 16 bit flash - the SAT NAV units come with 16 bit flash - so are set opposite to this one)

The black one is "Version" according to the board, but it'll be 4 of the 5 boot mode switches:

I've also added an SD card slot (and a few wires to see with my logic analyser if it's being read)

Also one more switch on the board traces that measured as doing something (it might be the 5th board boot mode setting - according to the manual):

The SD Card has been written to with a very basic boot program that says "Hello World" over and over on the serial output port (I read the manual and configured an Arduino board profile, set all the outputs and baud rate) - Alas, I had no success running the program with any of the switches set to alternate positions - but the USB chip is missing in my tests:

The USB chip came today:

This has to be the most challenging thing I've ever soldered (and no, the ground base isn't "properly" soldered - but is connected):

You can see the little wire I've soldered onto pin 1 in this photo:

But it doesn't boot (yet).

The logic analyser on the data-direction pin does now look identical to the one from the working board. Identical - as in every single change is perfectly matched at the correct time now (so I won't bother posting a picture). That other chip was definitely broken... But I may have experimented on this board a little too far (You can see I've played with D400 - checking that it wasn't causing a problem - but it's back to normal now.) I also didn't bother fixing C401 because C400 is a parallel companion cap and I don't think fixing that will do anything.

I have stuffed around with the video input and iThing authentication chips - so I'll have to see now if I have not reset those back to how they originally were - another day though
5 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2019, 10:53 PM   #200
JasonACT
Away on leave

Nothing much to report yet...

I've read the Bluetooth chip's manual now. It's a complicated part, a computer in itself. Those two 115,200 baud serial COM lines on the unpopulated connector (CN8) I had discovered a few weeks ago are most probably the Rx and Tx lines going to/from the main CPU to this chip. So that's probably a Bluetooth diag. port.

Both the working board and broken board talk the same way to each other initially, well after the USB has finished initialising. No messages differ at this point. The working board however does a 2nd reset after about 8 seconds and tells the chip to start reporting back what Bluetooth devices are "around".

The broken board never gets to the 2nd reset.

The working board sends a single signal to the video-input/iThing chips (on the two wire bus) about 0.5 secs after the initial Bluetooth comms, but that never happens on the broken board. However that is the 2nd time it happens (the first happens on both boards much earlier - even before the USB chip is started). So I'm pretty sure that area of the board I had stuffed around with hasn't been changed for the worse.

So I think the Bluetooth chip is working. Something else within that 0.5 second period is not working, but I'm yet to discover what signal that is. The touch screen happens a little bit after, the audio chip happens a little bit before... What else is there?!
3 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2019, 06:37 AM   #201
raceteam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CANBUS comms? Does the broken one show up and interact on CANBUS?
Old 28-11-2019, 09:15 AM   #202
JasonACT
Away on leave

CANBUS seems fine, all the data blocks read out fine too on the broken board. They are stored on the smaller board, which has been confirmed to work with my working large board. The two small chips that interface the CANBUS chip to the large connector where the smaller board plugs in also show activity "on both sides" of them with my logic analyser. Not sure if they are level changing gates or tri-state or just drivers, but that whole part seems to work well.

I'll have to find out what the uart messages mean that are going to and from the Bluetooth chip, maybe (even though both boards have identical command/response data) it's a start-up command which triggers another i/o data line which is being waited for - but never happens on the broken board?

You know, it makes sense that a firmware upgrade (we know they upgraded Bluetooth back in 2013/14) could unbrick a board - but while the screen starts working again, you are left unable to connect to Bluetooth. New firmware might just ignore errors when the old one waited indefinitely?
Old 28-11-2019, 10:56 AM   #203
raceteam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had been told (but cannot confirm personally) by a dealer that they had been able to recover blank screens on occasion by firmware update but it certainly didn’t fix it every time.
Old 28-11-2019, 10:59 AM   #204
raceteam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also, any DTCs from the blank screen unit?
Old 28-11-2019, 11:01 PM   #205
JasonACT
Away on leave

There will be DTC's - I had them with my other mods, mostly to do with the internal temp sensor not being detected while I'm testing the bare boards.
I have not bothered to check them for this issue though - I assume it would have been mentioned before, but no-one has said anything about it for a blank screen.
I also have not programmed my CAN BUS software to read them, and I'm not likely to plug this one into my car to read it with Forscan.

Given my experience, with the USB chip failing, that would make it hard to update the firmware - which as I understand it, you do via USB. If only the Bluetooth fails, this is possible, if both fail (which I'm now leaning towards in this case - which is a jumpstart having caused the failure) then you're stuffed...

(I am leaning towards the idea that the Bluetooth is broken too.)

This is a snapshot of 3 things, USB init up top, CPU in the middle and bluetooth down below.
I could be wrong though, the middle and bottom signals are guesses.
I'll include what's seen on the COM lines at the bottom of this post below.

First thing I notice is it's a little bit random when the 2nd reset occurs (uart-break signal by holding the line low):

My attempt to produce a reset by shorting the line physically - went a bit early though:

Got it about right here, but the Bluetooth chip didn't do what I expected (re-send a comms signal):

Then the working board sent this on another attempt, it isn't a break that causes a restart (even though the manual says it will reset):

On the broken board, the uart-break signal I did by shorting the pin doesn't cause the Bluetooth chip to restart at all, the blip seen at the end isn't a COM signal, it's just a single blip from high-low-high - so no data.

The important bits, after removing the wrapping are as follows:

Initial attempt:

1 DA DC ED ED = sync packet
2 DA DC ED ED = sync packet
1 DA DC ED ED = sync packet
2 AC AF EF EE
1 AD EF AC ED = conf packet
2 DA DC ED ED = sync packet
1 AC AF EF EE
2 AD EF AC ED = conf packet
1 DE AD D0 D0 = conf resp packet
1 AD EF AC ED = conf packet
2 DE AD D0 D0 = conf resp packet

2nd attempt:

2 DA DC ED ED
1 DA DC ED ED
2 AC AF EF EE
1 AD EF AC ED
2 DA DC ED ED
1 AC AF EF EE
2 AD EF AC ED
1 DE AD D0 D0
1 AD EF AC ED
2 DE AD D0 D0
2 03 00 01 02 00 00
2 03 00 01 02 00 00

2 C0 48 00 00 B7 5E 8C C0 < EMPTY
03 00 01 02 69 01 15 DB
03 00 01 02 68 00

This is the RAW log of comms on the two COM lines on the Bluetooth diag connector ("Ready" is my interface output, * is when 1 second has passed when nothing is sent on either port - the first 4: "1 00" / "2 00" things happen when I plug in the power adaptor and spikes occur):

Ready
1 00
2 00
1 00
2 00
1 C0 40 41 00 7E DA DC ED ED A9 7A C0 @A ~ z
2 C0 40 41 00 7E DA DC ED ED A9 7A C0 @A ~ z
2 C0 40 41 00 7E AC AF EF EE BB 84 C0 @A ~
1 C0 40 41 00 7E AD EF AC ED A1 A6 C0 @A ~
1 C0 40 41 00 7E AC AF EF EE BB 84 C0 @A ~
2 C0 40 41 00 7E AD EF AC ED A1 A6 C0 @A ~
1 C0 40 41 00 7E DE AD D0 D0 83 58 C0 C0 40 41 00 @A ~ X @A
1 7E AD EF AC ED A1 A6 C0 ~
2 C0 40 41 00 7E DE AD D0 D0 83 58 C0 @A ~ X
2 C0 40 41 00 7E AD EF AC ED A1 A6 C0 @A ~
1 C0 40 41 00 7E DE AD D0 D0 83 58 C0 C0 40 41 00 @A ~ X @A
1 7E AD EF AC ED A1 A6 C0 ~
2 C0 40 41 00 7E DE AD D0 D0 83 58 C0 C0 DB DC 6D @A ~ X m
2 00 D2 03 00 01 02 00 00 A9 A8 C0 C0 C1 6D 00 D1 m
1 C0 48 00 00 H
2 03 00 01 02
1 B7 5E 8C C0 ^
2 00 00 3B 89 C0 ;
1 C0 50 00 00 AF 53 D1 C0 C0 D0 AD 00 82 05 00 01 P S
1 02 00 02 02 00 00 00 1F 2C C0 ,
2 C0 48 00 00 B7 5E 8C C0 C0 CA 6D 00 C8 03 00 01 H ^ m
2 02 69 01 15 DB DD C0 C0 CB 6D 00 i m
1 C0 58 00 00 X
2 C7 03 00 01
1 A7 5A 47 C0 ZG
2 02 68 00 54 67 C0 C0 CC CD 06 60 36 h Tg `6
1 C0 60 00 00 `
2 00 01 02 1F
1 9F DD 6F C0 o
2 00 46 00 6F 00 72 00 64 00 20 00 46 00 61 00 6C F o r d F a l
2 00 63 00 6F 00 6E 00 20 00 42 00 6C 00 75 00 65 c o n B l u e
2 00 74 00 6F 00 6F 00 74 00 68 00 00 00 00 00 00 t o o t h
2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 47 E5 C0 G
1 C0 68 00 00 97 D4 F9 C0 C0 E9 AD 00 69 05 00 01 h i
1 02 69 03 02 00 00 00 48 01 C0 i H
2 C0 50 00 00 AF 53 D1 C0 C0 D5 6D 00 BD 03 00 01 P S m
2 02 64 01 8D AF C0 C0 D6 6D 00 BC 03 d m
1 C0 70 00 00 p
2 00 01 02 00
1 8F D9 A4 C0
2 00 8D B0 C0
1 C0 78 00 00 87 D0 32 C0 C0 FA AD 00 58 05 00 01 x 2 X
1 02 64 03 02 00 01 00 45 FC C0 d E
2 C0 58 00 00 A7 5A 47 C0 X ZG
1 C0 FB AD 05 52 2D 00 01 02 5C 05 52 00 00 00 42 R- \ R B
1 00 43 00 53 00 4D 00 5F 00 44 00 45 00 56 00 5F C S M _ D E V _
1 00 52 00 5F 00 32 00 5F 00 34 00 5F 00 30 00 5F R _ 2 _ 4 _ 0 _
1 00 31 00 30 00 30 00 35 00 32 00 38 00 00 00 00 1 0 0 5 2 8
1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
1 11 C0 C0 FC AD 05 51 2D 00 01 Q-
2 C0 60 00 00 `
1 02 5C 05 52 \ R
2 9F DD 6F C0 o
1 00 01 00 5F 00 30 00 30 00 30 00 30 00 5F 00 30 _ 0 0 0 0 _ 0
1 00 30 00 31 00 46 00 43 00 53 00 50 00 5F 00 52 0 1 F C S P _ R
1 00 45 00 4C 00 5F 00 43 00 56 00 43 00 00 00 00 E L _ C V C
1 00 00 00 34 7C C0 4|
2 C0 68 00 00 97 D4 F9 C0 C0 EF 6D 00 A3 03 00 01 h m
2 02 57 01 C8 A8 C0 C0 E8 6D 00 AA 03 W m
1 C0 40 00 00 @
2 00 01 02 02
1 BF 57 1A C0 W
2 00 98 34 C0 C0 E9 6D 00 4 m
1 C0 48 00 00 H
2 A9 03 00 01
1 B7 5E 8C C0 ^
2 02 00 10 86 D1 C0
1 C0 50 00 00 AF 53 D1 C0 C0 D5 AD 00 7D 05 00 01 P S }
1 02 57 03 02 00 00 00 43 7C C0 W C|
2 C0 70 00 00 8F D9 A4 C0 C0 F2 6D 00 A0 03 00 01 p m
2 02 55 01 B0 95 C0 C0 F3 6D 00 9F 03 U m
1 C0 58 00 00 X
2 00 01 02 02
1 A7 5A 47 C0 ZG
2 00 47 A3 C0 G
1 C0 60 00 00 9F DD 6F C0 ` o
2 C0 F4 6D 00 9E 03 00 01 02 00 B8 8D 29 C0 m )
1 C0 68 00 00 97 D4 F9 C0 h
2 C0 F5 22 01 "
1 C0 EE AD 00
2 E7 00 00 09
1 64 05 00 01 d
2 00 00 00 06
1 02 55 03 02 U
2 30 00 00 63 0 c
1 00 00 00 FB
2 02 00 00 00
1 8D C0
2 00 00 00 22 0C C0 C0 78 00 00 " x
1 C0 70 00 00 p
2 87 D0 32 C0 2
1 8F D9 A4 C0 C0 F7 22 01 E5 01 00 09 00 00 00 06 "
1 30 00 00 63 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 E4 35 C0 0 c 5
2 C0 40 00 00 BF 57 1A C0 C0 C6 02 02 35 00 00 10 @ W 5
2 00 01 00 03 70 00 00 63 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 p c
2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 CF C4 C0
1 C0 78 00 00 87 D0 32 C0 C0 F8 02 02 03 01 00 10 x 2
1 00 01 00 03 70 00 00 63 02 04 00 00 00 34 32 36 p c 426
1 34 32 38 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 07 49 C0 428 I
2 C0 48 00 00 B7 5E 8C C0 C0 CF 22 01 0D 00 00 09 H ^ "
2 00 02 00 06 30 00 00 64 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 23 0 d #
2 42 C0 B
1 C0 40 00 00 BF 57 1A C0 C0 C1 22 01 1B 01 00 09 @ W "
1 00 02 00 06 30 00 00 64 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 C2 0 d
1 14 C0
2 C0 50 00 00 AF 53 D1 C0 C0 D0 02 02 2B 00 00 10 P S +
2 00 03 00 03 70 00 00 64 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 p d
2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 14 C0
1 C0 48 00 00 B7 5E 8C C0 C0 CA 02 02 31 01 00 10 H ^ 1
1 00 03 00 03 70 00 00 64 02 04 00 00 00 32 32 32 p d 222
1 37 36 35 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 42 BC C0 765 B
2 C0 58 00 00 A7 5A 47 C0 C0 D9 22 01 03 00 00 09 X ZG "
2 00 04 00 06 30 00 00 65 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 18 0 e
2 74 C0 t
1 C0 50 00 00 AF 53 D1 C0 C0 D3 22 01 09 01 00 09 P S "
1 00 04 00 06 30 00 00 65 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 53 0 e S
1 56 C0 V
2 C0 60 00 00 9F DD 6F C0 C0 E2 02 02 19 00 00 10 ` o
2 00 05 00 03 70 00 00 65 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 p e
2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 8D DC C0
1 C0 58 00 00 A7 5A 47 C0 C0 DC 02 02 1F 01 00 10 X ZG
1 00 05 00 03 70 00 00 65 02 04 00 00 00 34 32 36 p e 426
1 34 32 38 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 7C 07 C0 428 |
2 C0 68 00 00 97 D4 F9 C0 C0 EB 22 01 F1 00 00 09 h "
2 00 06 00 06 30 00 00 66 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 7F 0 f
2 77 C0 w
1 C0 60 00 00 9F DD 6F C0 C0 E5 22 01 F7 01 00 09 ` o "
1 00 06 00 06 30 00 00 66 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 0E 0 f
1 1F C0
2 C0 70 00 00 8F D9 A4 C0 C0 F4 02 02 07 00 00 10 p
2 00 07 00 03 70 00 00 66 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 p f
2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 2D A1 C0 -
1 C0 68 00 00 97 D4 F9 C0 C0 EE 02 02 0D 01 00 10 h
1 00 07 00 03 70 00 00 66 02 04 00 00 00 34 32 36 p f 426
1 34 32 38 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 E4 A3 C0 428
2 C0 78 00 00 87 D0 32 C0 C0 FD 22 01 DF 00 00 09 x 2 "
2 00 08 00 06 30 00 00 67 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 CA 0 g
2 A9 C0
1 C0 70 00 00 8F D9 A4 C0 C0 F7 22 01 E5 01 00 09 p "
1 00 08 00 06 30 00 00 67 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 59 0 g Y
1 AA C0
2 C0 40 00 00 BF 57 1A C0 C0 C6 02 02 35 00 00 10 @ W 5
2 00 09 00 03 70 00 00 67 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 p g
2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 CC 6B C0 k
1 C0 78 00 00 87 D0 32 C0 C0 F8 02 02 03 01 00 10 x 2
1 00 09 00 03 70 00 00 67 02 04 00 00 00 30 32 31 p g 021
1 34 39 30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 B6 70 C0 490 p
2 C0 48 00 00 B7 5E 8C C0 C0 CF 6D 00 C3 03 00 01 H ^ m
2 02 59 01 CC E1 C0 C0 C8 6D 00 CA 03 Y m
1 C0 40 00 00 @
2 00 01 02 02
1 BF 57 1A C0 W
2 00 94 24 C0 C0 C9 6D 00 $ m
1 C0 48 00 00 H
2 C9 03 00 01
1 B7 5E 8C C0 ^
2 02 01 00 10 51 C0 Q
1 C0 50 00 00 AF 53 D1 C0 C0 D1 2D 05 FC 29 00 01 P S - )
1 02 59 03 4A 00 00 00 01 00 4C 00 47 00 2D 00 50 Y J L G - P
1 00 39 00 37 00 30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 9 7 0
1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 0F 00 38 00 BA 8
1 30 C0 0
2 C0 50 00 00 AF 53 D1 C0 C0 D2 6D 00 DB DC 03 00 P S m
2 01 02 64 01 E2 70 C0 C0 D3 6D 00 BF d p m
1 C0 58 00 00 X
2 03 00 01 02
1 A7 5A 47 C0 ZG
2 00 00 26 9C C0 &
1 C0 60 00 00 9F DD 6F C0 C0 E2 AD 00 70 05 00 01 ` o p
1 02 64 03 02 00 01 00 6C 1A C0 d l
2 C0 58 00 00 A7 5A 47 C0 X ZG
1 C0 E3 AD 05 6A 2D 00 01 02 5C 05 52 00 00 00 42 j- \ R B
1 00 43 00 53 00 4D 00 5F 00 44 00 45 00 56 00 5F C S M _ D E V _
1 00 52 00 5F 00 32 00 5F 00 34 00 5F 00 30 00 5F R _ 2 _ 4 _ 0 _
1 00 31 00 30 00 30 00 35 00 32 00 38 00 00 00 00 1 0 0 5 2 8
1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 F9
1 FE C0 C0 E4 AD 05 69 2D 00 01 02 5C 05 52 i- \ R
2 C0 60 00 00 `
1 00 01 00 5F _
2 9F DD 6F C0 o
1 00 30 00 30 00 30 00 30 00 5F 00 30 00 30 00 31 0 0 0 0 _ 0 0 1
1 00 46 00 43 00 53 00 50 00 5F 00 52 00 45 00 4C F C S P _ R E L
1 00 5F 00 43 00 56 00 43 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 _ C V C
1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 CD
1 93 C0
2 C0 68 00 00 97 D4 F9 C0 C0 EC 6D 00 A6 03 00 01 h m
2 02 59 01 93 D0 C0 C0 ED 6D 00 A5 03 Y m
1 C0 68 00 00 h
2 00 01 02 02
1 97 D4 F9 C0
2 00 6A 95 C0 C0 EE 6D 00 j m
1 C0 70 00 00 p
2 A4 03 00 01
1 8F D9 A4 C0
2 02 02 00 57 42 C0 WB
1 C0 78 00 00 87 D0 32 C0 C0 FD 2D 05 D0 29 00 01 x 2 - )
1 02 59 03 4A 00 17 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Y J
1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3E >
1 2B C0 +
2 C0 70 00 00 8F D9 A4 C0 C0 F7 6D 00 9B 03 00 01 p m
2 02 59 01 7B 3C C0 C0 F0 6D 00 A2 03 Y {< m
1 C0 40 00 00 @
2 00 01 02 02
1 BF 57 1A C0 W
2 00 71 92 C0 q
1 C0 48 00 00 B7 5E 8C C0 H ^
2 C0 F1 22 01 EB 00 00 09 00 0A 00 06 30 00 00 63 " 0 c
2 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 F5 0E C0 C0 F2 6D 00 A0 03 m
1 C0 50 00 00 P
2 00 01 02 03
1 AF 53 D1 C0 S
2 00 C5 FC C0
1 C0 DE 22 01 FE 01 00 09 00 0A 00 06 30 00 00 63 " 0 c
1 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 5A 31 C0 Z1
2 C0 78 00 00 87 D0 32 C0 C0 FB 02 02 00 00 00 10 x 2
2 00 0B 00 03 70 00 00 63 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 p c
2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 95 E4 C0
1 C0 60 00 00 9F DD 6F C0 C0 E7 02 02 14 01 00 10 ` o
1 00 0B 00 03 70 00 00 63 02 04 00 00 00 34 32 36 p c 426
1 34 32 38 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 7D 54 C0 428 }T
1 C0 E0 2D 05 ED 29 00 01 - )
2 C0 40 00 00 @
1 02 59 03 4A Y J
2 BF 57 1A C0 W
1 00 17 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 81 91 C0
2 C0 48 00 00 B7 5E 8C C0 C0 CC 22 01 10 00 00 09 H ^ "
2 00 0C 00 06 30 00 00 64 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 6E 0 d n
2 1A C0
1 C0 68 00 00 97 D4 F9 C0 C0 E9 22 01 F3 01 00 09 h "
1 00 0C 00 06 30 00 00 64 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 A2 0 d
1 D6 C0
2 C0 50 00 00 AF 53 D1 C0 C0 D5 02 02 26 00 00 10 P S &
2 00 0D 00 03 70 00 00 64 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 p d
2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 A3 D1 C0
1 C0 70 00 00 8F D9 A4 C0 C0 F2 02 02 09 01 00 10 p
1 00 0D 00 03 70 00 00 64 02 04 00 00 00 32 32 32 p d 222
1 37 36 35 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 63 72 C0 765 cr
2 C0 58 00 00 A7 5A 47 C0 C0 DE 22 01 FE 00 00 09 X ZG "
2 00 0E 00 06 30 00 00 65 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 98 0 e
2 51 C0 Q
1 C0 78 00 00 87 D0 32 C0 C0 FB 22 01 E1 01 00 09 x 2 "
1 00 0E 00 06 30 00 00 65 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 AE 0 e
1 5B C0 [
2 C0 60 00 00 9F DD 6F C0 C0 E7 02 02 14 00 00 10 ` o
2 00 0F 00 03 70 00 00 65 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 p e
2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 F9 1D C0
1 C0 40 00 00 BF 57 1A C0 C0 C4 02 02 37 01 00 10 @ W 7
1 00 0F 00 03 70 00 00 65 02 04 00 00 00 34 32 36 p e 426
1 34 32 38 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 AD C0 428
2 C0 68 00 00 97 D4 F9 C0 C0 E8 22 01 F4 00 00 09 h "
2 00 10 00 06 30 00 00 66 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 BF 0 f
2 D0 C0
1 C0 48 00 00 B7 5E 8C C0 C0 CD 22 01 0F 01 00 09 H ^ "
1 00 10 00 06 30 00 00 66 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 D3 0 f
1 7F C0
2 C0 70 00 00 8F D9 A4 C0 C0 F1 02 02 0A 00 00 10 p
2 00 11 00 03 70 00 00 66 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 p f
2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 D6 E7 C0
1 C0 50 00 00 AF 53 D1 C0 C0 D6 02 02 25 01 00 10 P S %
1 00 11 00 03 70 00 00 66 02 04 00 00 00 34 32 36 p f 426
1 34 32 38 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 B6 8A C0 428
2 C0 78 00 00 87 D0 32 C0 C0 FA 22 01 E2 00 00 09 x 2 "
2 00 12 00 06 30 00 00 67 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 D3 0 g
2 E7 C0
1 C0 58 00 00 A7 5A 47 C0 C0 DF 22 01 FD 01 00 09 X ZG "
1 00 12 00 06 30 00 00 67 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 E5 0 g
1 ED C0
2 C0 40 00 00 BF 57 1A C0 C0 C3 02 02 38 00 00 10 @ W 8
2 00 13 00 03 70 00 00 67 02 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 p g
2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 8C 2B C0 +
1 C0 60 00 00 9F DD 6F C0 C0 E0 02 02 1B 01 00 10 ` o
1 00 13 00 03 70 00 00 67 02 04 00 00 00 30 32 31 p g 021
1 34 39 30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 C3 0D C0 490
2 C0 48 00 00 B7 5E 8C C0 C0 CC 6D 00 C6 03 00 01 H ^ m
2 02 59 01 9F DB DC C0 C0 CD 6D 00 C5 Y m
1 C0 68 00 00 h
2 03 00 01 02
1 97 D4 F9 C0
2 02 00 66 85 C0 C0 CE 6D 00 C4 03 00 f m
1 C0 70 00 00 p
2 01 02 04 00
1 8F D9 A4 C0
2 50 78 C0 Px
1 C0 78 00 00 87 D0 32 C0 C0 F9 2D 05 D4 29 00 01 x 2 - )
1 02 59 03 4A 00 17 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Y J
1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 65 e
1 61 C0 a
2 C0 50 00 00 AF 53 D1 C0 C0 D7 6D 00 BB 03 00 01 P S m
2 02 59 01 17 CF C0 C0 D0 6D 00 C2 03 Y m
1 C0 40 00 00 @
2 00 01 02 02
1 BF 57 1A C0 W
2 00 7D 82 C0 C0 D1 6D 00 } m
1 C0 48 00 00 H
2 C1 03 00 01
1 B7 5E 8C C0 ^
2 02 05 00 FF 11 C0
1 C0 50 00 00 AF 53 D1 C0 C0 D2 2D 05 FB 29 00 01 P S - )
1 02 59 03 4A 00 17 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Y J
1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 A1
1 DB DD C0
2 C0 58 00 00 A7 5A 47 C0 C0 DA 6D 00 B8 03 00 01 X ZG m
2 02 59 01 28 75 C0 C0 DB DD 6D 00 B7 Y (u m
1 C0 58 00 00 X
2 03 00 01 02
1 A7 5A 47 C0 ZG
2 02 00 88 BD C0 C0 DC 6D 00 B6 03 00 m
1 C0 60 00 00 `
2 01 02 06 00
1 9F DD 6F C0 o
2 8A 81 C0
1 C0 68 00 00 97 D4 F9 C0 C0 EB 2D 05 E2 29 00 01 h - )
1 02 59 03 4A 00 17 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Y J
1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 94
1 EF C0
2 C0 60 00 00 9F DD 6F C0 C0 E5 6D 00 AD 03 00 01 ` o m
2 02 59 01 A2 1C C0 C0 E6 6D 00 AC 03 Y m
1 C0 70 00 00 p
2 00 01 02 02
1 8F D9 A4 C0
2 00 F4 AF C0 C0 E7 6D 00 m
1 C0 78 00 00 x
2 AB 03 00 01
1 87 D0 32 C0 2
2 02 07 00 15 06 C0
1 C0 40 00 00 BF 57 1A C0 C0 C4 2D 05 09 29 00 01 @ W - )
1 02 59 03 4A 00 17 00 07 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Y J
1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 19
1 B5 C0
2 C0 68 00 00 97 D4 F9 C0 C0 E8 6D 00 AA 03 00 01 h m
2 02 59 01 F3 50 C0 C0 E9 6D 00 A9 03 Y P m
1 C0 48 00 00 H
2 00 01 02 02
1 B7 5E 8C C0 ^
2 00 0A 15 C0 C0 EA 6D 00 m
1 C0 50 00 00 P
2 A8 03 00 01
1 AF 53 D1 C0 S
2 02 08 00 39 7D C0 9}
1 C0 58 00 00 A7 5A 47 C0 C0 DD 2D 05 F0 29 00 01 X ZG - )
1 02 59 03 4A 00 17 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Y J
1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 D6
1 21 C0 !
2 C0 70 00 00 8F D9 A4 C0 C0 F3 6D 00 9F 03 00 01 p m
2 02 6A 01 7F FE C0 C0 F4 6D 00 9E 03 j m
1 C0 60 00 00 `
2 00 01 02 00
1 9F DD 6F C0 o
2 00 4E B5 C0 N
1 C0 68 00 00 97 D4 F9 C0 C0 EE 2D 07 DD 39 00 01 h - 9
1 02 6A 03 6A 00 00 00 15 00 46 00 6F 00 72 00 64 j j F o r d
1 00 20 00 46 00 61 00 6C 00 63 00 6F 00 6E 00 20 F a l c o n
1 00 42 00 6C 00 75 00 65 00 74 00 6F 00 6F 00 74 B l u e t o o t
1 00 68 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 h
1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 00 38 00 38 00 38 8 8 8
1 00 38 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 8
1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 24 00 08 04 43 $ C
1 9E C0
2 C0 78 00 00 87 D0 32 C0 C0 FD 6D 00 95 03 00 01 x 2 m
2 02 01 00 64 E1 C0 C0 FE 6D 00 94 03 d m
1 C0 70 00 00 p
2 00 01 02 00
1 8F D9 A4 C0
2 00 42 AE C0 B
1 C0 78 00 00 87 D0 32 C0 C0 FF AD 00 53 05 00 01 x 2 S
1 02 01 02 02 00 00 00 42 8E C0 B
2 C0 40 00 00 BF 57 1A C0 @ W
1 C0 F8 8D 00 7A 04 00 01 02 01 04 00 00 94 60 C0 z `
2 C0 48 00 00 B7 5E 8C C0 H ^
2 C0 40 41 00 7E DA DC ED ED A9 7A C0 C0 40 41 00 @A ~ z @A
2 7E AD EF AC ED A1 A6 C0 ~
1 C0 40 41 00 7E AC AF EF EE BB 84 C0 C0 40 41 00 @A ~ @A
1 7E DA DC ED ED A9 7A C0 ~ z
2 C0 40 41 00 7E DE AD D0 D0 83 58 C0 C0 40 41 00 @A ~ X @A
2 7E AD EF AC ED A1 A6 C0 ~
1 C0 40 41 00 7E DE AD D0 D0 83 58 C0 @A ~ X
2 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2019, 12:21 PM   #206
hellrc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post

to update the firmware - which as I understand it, you do via USB. If only the Bluetooth fails, this is possible, if both fail (which I'm now leaning towards in this case - which is a jumpstart having caused the failure) then you're stuffed...
yeah, unless you are really determined and remove the flash from the board and overwrite the content with a known good and newer version

firmware update - the hard way

2 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2019, 08:16 PM   #207
JasonACT
Away on leave

I'm still hoping to be able to boot from the SD card slot at some stage - if that's possible then I won't need to pull off the flash chip to dump it. I have no doubt that I could do that, but I don't have the tools to put it back (much like the bluetooth chip) because they are BGA devices and require better tools than I own. It's quite possible to re-flash it too with edits, if SD boot can be enabled. The whole i.MX31 chip is meant to stop you doing that with lots of security features, but that's when it's configured for internal boot mode, which I don't think these screens are. The two different configurations for 8 bit & 16 bit flash (SAT NAV) give it away that's it's external boot - which has no security enabled.

I'm doubting I have the 2 serial lines guessed correctly now too. I would say the Bluetooth chip (while it has heaps of flash memory) doesn't store anything Ford related. I can see the Ford details are being passed on line 2 and are read back from line 1 much later. This would make sense, because if the chip is broken (I think it is, but I couldn't see before how the logic analyser proves that) then it becomes unresponsive before sending its "break" signal back to the CPU. I still don't understand why my forced grounding of the line didn't make the CPU attempt another handshake though.

It's funny, when I search the Internet now for answers, this thread comes up pretty often - so I should document as much as I know too.

The Bluetooth chips are CSR BlueCore5 (or BlueCore 5) and they are running the BCSP protocol. This surrounds packet data with known byte values. Packets start and end with 0xC0. 0xC0 is replaced with 0xDB 0xDC. That makes 0xDB a special character too (along with 0xC0) so it's replaced with 0xDB 0xDD. Any other combination of 0xDB 0xXX is an error.

Then there's 4 bytes of flag data after the fist 0xC0. Two bytes of CRC before the last 0xC0. (This is depending on the flags, but this screen does it that way.)

Searching for BCSP "Link Establishment Protocol" will find you a pdf with the special codes in my last post (I found them in the Linux source code, but the document describes what's happening). Once the transfer of those codes is complete in the order required, the device opens up and allows lots more things to be sent. Before then, those 4 codes are the only ones that can be used.

I'm also doubting that connector (cn8) is a diag port - it is more likely a port that would allow an alternate Bluetooth module to be used. These are pretty popular devices and it would seem more logical to desolder the existing chip and solder in a replacement CSR Bluetooth 2.1 device on that port... That would be my choice, except I don't use Bluetooth in the car, only configured my phone once years ago - an LG P970 which, if you look closely at the serial dump is being sent from the chip (I assume that's the sort of information the chip will store). So if I can convince myself it's the Bluetooth that's broken, I'll remove the CSR chip at some stage and code up a microcontroller to produce the serial responses needed to see if it will then boot.

Here's a better formatted version of the serial comms (with the BCSP stuff removed, and no interleaving by only outputting data on the end 0xC0 byte).

Broken device:

Ready
1..DA DC ED ED .................................................. ....
2..DA DC ED ED .................................................. ....
2..AC AF EF EE .................................................. ....
1..AD EF AC ED .................................................. ....
1..AC AF EF EE .................................................. ....
2..AD EF AC ED .................................................. ....
1..DE AD D0 D0 .................................................. ....
2..DE AD D0 D0 .................................................. ....

Working device:

Ready
2..03 00 01 02 00 00 ................................................
1..05 00 01 02 00 02 02 00 00 00 ....................................
2..03 00 01 02 64 01 ....................................d...........
1..05 00 01 02 64 03 02 00 01 00 ........................d...........
1..2D 00 01 02 5C 05 52 00 00 00 42 00 43 00 53 00 ..-...\.R...B.C.S.
1..4D 00 5F 00 44 00 45 00 56 00 5F 00 52 00 5F 00 ..M._.D.E.V._.R._.
1..32 00 5F 00 34 00 5F 00 30 00 5F 00 31 00 30 00 ..2._.4._.0._.1.0.
1..30 00 35 00 32 00 38 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..0.5.2.8.........
1..00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..................
1..00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ....................................
1..2D 00 01 02 5C 05 52 00 01 00 5F 00 30 00 30 00 ..-...\.R..._.0.0.
1..30 00 30 00 5F 00 30 00 30 00 31 00 46 00 43 00 ..0.0._.0.0.1.F.C.
1..53 00 50 00 5F 00 52 00 45 00 4C 00 5F 00 43 00 ..S.P._.R.E.L._.C.
1..56 00 43 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..V.C.............
2..03 00 01 02 57 01 ....................................W...........
2..03 00 01 02 02 00 ................................................
2..03 00 01 02 00 10 ................................................
1..05 00 01 02 57 03 02 00 00 00 ........................W...........
2..03 00 01 02 55 01 ....................................U...........
2..03 00 01 02 00 B8 ................................................
1..05 00 01 02 55 03 02 00 00 00 ........................U...........
2..00 00 09 00 00 00 06 30 00 00 5D 02 00 00 00 00 .........0..].....
2..00 00 .................................................. ..........
1..01 00 09 00 00 00 06 30 00 00 5D 02 01 00 00 00 .........0..].....
1..00 00 .................................................. ..........
2..00 00 09 00 01 00 03 70 00 00 5D 02 01 00 00 00 .........p..].....
1..01 00 09 00 01 00 03 70 00 00 5D 02 01 00 00 00 .........p..].....
2..00 00 09 00 02 00 06 30 00 00 63 02 00 00 00 00 .........0..c.....
1..01 00 09 00 02 00 06 30 00 00 63 02 04 00 00 00 .........0..c.....
2..00 00 10 00 03 00 03 70 00 00 63 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..c.....
2..00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..................
1..01 00 10 00 03 00 03 70 00 00 63 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..c.....
1..34 32 36 34 32 38 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..426428..........
2..00 00 09 00 04 00 06 30 00 00 63 02 00 00 00 00 .........0..c.....
1..01 00 09 00 04 00 06 30 00 00 63 02 04 00 00 00 .........0..c.....
2..00 00 10 00 05 00 03 70 00 00 63 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..c.....
1..01 00 10 00 05 00 03 70 00 00 63 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..c.....
2..00 00 09 00 06 00 06 30 00 00 64 02 00 00 00 00 .........0..d.....
1..01 00 09 00 06 00 06 30 00 00 64 02 04 00 00 00 .........0..d.....
2..00 00 10 00 07 00 03 70 00 00 64 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..d.....
1..01 00 10 00 07 00 03 70 00 00 64 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..d.....
1..32 32 32 37 36 35 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..222765..........
2..00 00 09 00 08 00 06 30 00 00 64 02 00 00 00 00 .........0..d.....
1..01 00 09 00 08 00 06 30 00 00 64 02 04 00 00 00 .........0..d.....
2..00 00 10 00 09 00 03 70 00 00 64 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..d.....
1..01 00 10 00 09 00 03 70 00 00 64 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..d.....
2..00 00 09 00 0A 00 06 30 00 00 65 02 00 00 00 00 .........0..e.....
1..01 00 09 00 0A 00 06 30 00 00 65 02 04 00 00 00 .........0..e.....
2..00 00 10 00 0B 00 03 70 00 00 65 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..e.....
1..01 00 10 00 0B 00 03 70 00 00 65 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..e.....
2..00 00 09 00 0C 00 06 30 00 00 65 02 00 00 00 00 .........0..e.....
1..01 00 09 00 0C 00 06 30 00 00 65 02 04 00 00 00 .........0..e.....
2..00 00 10 00 0D 00 03 70 00 00 65 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..e.....
1..01 00 10 00 0D 00 03 70 00 00 65 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..e.....
2..00 00 09 00 0E 00 06 30 00 00 66 02 00 00 00 00 .........0..f.....
1..01 00 09 00 0E 00 06 30 00 00 66 02 04 00 00 00 .........0..f.....
2..00 00 10 00 0F 00 03 70 00 00 66 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..f.....
1..01 00 10 00 0F 00 03 70 00 00 66 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..f.....
2..00 00 09 00 10 00 06 30 00 00 66 02 00 00 00 00 .........0..f.....
1..01 00 09 00 10 00 06 30 00 00 66 02 04 00 00 00 .........0..f.....
2..00 00 10 00 11 00 03 70 00 00 66 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..f.....
1..01 00 10 00 11 00 03 70 00 00 66 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..f.....
2..00 00 09 00 12 00 06 30 00 00 67 02 00 00 00 00 .........0..g.....
1..01 00 09 00 12 00 06 30 00 00 67 02 04 00 00 00 .........0..g.....
2..00 00 10 00 13 00 03 70 00 00 67 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..g.....
1..01 00 10 00 13 00 03 70 00 00 67 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..g.....
1..30 32 31 34 39 30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..021490..........
2..00 00 09 00 14 00 06 30 00 00 67 02 00 00 00 00 .........0..g.....
1..01 00 09 00 14 00 06 30 00 00 67 02 04 00 00 00 .........0..g.....
2..00 00 10 00 15 00 03 70 00 00 67 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..g.....
2..12 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..................
2..03 00 01 02 59 01 ....................................Y...........
1..01 00 10 00 15 00 03 70 00 00 67 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..g.....
2..03 00 01 02 01 00 ................................................
1..29 00 01 02 59 03 4A 00 00 00 01 00 4C 00 47 00 ..)...Y.J.....L.G.
1..2D 00 50 00 39 00 37 00 30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..-.P.9.7.0.......
1..00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 0F 00 ..................
1..38 00 ............................................8..... ..........
2..03 00 01 02 64 01 ....................................d...........
1..05 00 01 02 64 03 02 00 01 00 ........................d...........
1..2D 00 01 02 5C 05 52 00 00 00 42 00 43 00 53 00 ..-...\.R...B.C.S.
1..4D 00 5F 00 44 00 45 00 56 00 5F 00 52 00 5F 00 ..M._.D.E.V._.R._.
1..32 00 5F 00 34 00 5F 00 30 00 5F 00 31 00 30 00 ..2._.4._.0._.1.0.
1..30 00 35 00 32 00 38 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..0.5.2.8.........
1..2D 00 01 02 5C 05 52 00 01 00 5F 00 30 00 30 00 ..-...\.R..._.0.0.
1..30 00 30 00 5F 00 30 00 30 00 31 00 46 00 43 00 ..0.0._.0.0.1.F.C.
1..53 00 50 00 5F 00 52 00 45 00 4C 00 5F 00 43 00 ..S.P._.R.E.L._.C.
1..56 00 43 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..V.C.............
2..03 00 01 02 69 01 ....................................i...........
2..03 00 01 02 68 00 ....................................h...........
2..36 00 01 02 1F 00 46 00 6F 00 72 00 64 00 20 00 ..6.....F.o.r.d. .
2..46 00 61 00 6C 00 63 00 6F 00 6E 00 20 00 42 00 ..F.a.l.c.o.n. .B.
2..6C 00 75 00 65 00 74 00 6F 00 6F 00 74 00 68 00 ..l.u.e.t.o.o.t.h.
2..00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..............................
1..05 00 01 02 69 03 02 00 00 00 ........................i...........
2..00 00 09 00 16 00 06 30 00 00 63 02 00 00 00 00 .........0..c.....
1..01 00 09 00 16 00 06 30 00 00 63 02 04 00 00 00 .........0..c.....
2..00 00 10 00 17 00 03 70 00 00 63 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..c.....
1..29 00 01 02 59 03 4A 00 17 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 ..)...Y.J.........
1..01 00 10 00 17 00 03 70 00 00 63 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..c.....
2..00 00 09 00 18 00 06 30 00 00 64 02 00 00 00 00 .........0..d.....
1..01 00 09 00 18 00 06 30 00 00 64 02 04 00 00 00 .........0..d.....
2..00 00 10 00 19 00 03 70 00 00 64 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..d.....
1..01 00 10 00 19 00 03 70 00 00 64 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..d.....
2..00 00 09 00 1A 00 06 30 00 00 65 02 00 00 00 00 .........0..e.....
1..01 00 09 00 1A 00 06 30 00 00 65 02 04 00 00 00 .........0..e.....
2..00 00 10 00 1B 00 03 70 00 00 65 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..e.....
1..01 00 10 00 1B 00 03 70 00 00 65 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..e.....
2..00 00 09 00 1C 00 06 30 00 00 66 02 00 00 00 00 .........0..f.....
1..01 00 09 00 1C 00 06 30 00 00 66 02 04 00 00 00 .........0..f.....
2..00 00 10 00 1D 00 03 70 00 00 66 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..f.....
1..01 00 10 00 1D 00 03 70 00 00 66 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..f.....
2..00 00 09 00 1E 00 06 30 00 00 67 02 00 00 00 00 .........0..g.....
1..01 00 09 00 1E 00 06 30 00 00 67 02 04 00 00 00 .........0..g.....
2..00 00 10 00 1F 00 03 70 00 00 67 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..g.....
1..01 00 10 00 1F 00 03 70 00 00 67 02 04 00 00 00 .........p..g.....
2..03 00 01 02 03 00 ................................................
1..29 00 01 02 59 03 4A 00 17 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 ..)...Y.J.........
2..03 00 01 02 04 00 ................................................
1..29 00 01 02 59 03 4A 00 17 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 ..)...Y.J.........
2..03 00 01 02 05 00 ................................................
1..29 00 01 02 59 03 4A 00 17 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 ..)...Y.J.........
2..03 00 01 02 06 00 ................................................
1..29 00 01 02 59 03 4A 00 17 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 ..)...Y.J.........
2..03 00 01 02 07 00 ................................................
1..29 00 01 02 59 03 4A 00 17 00 07 00 00 00 00 00 ..)...Y.J.........
2..03 00 01 02 08 00 ................................................
1..29 00 01 02 59 03 4A 00 17 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 ..)...Y.J.........
2..03 00 01 02 6A 01 ....................................j...........
1..39 00 01 02 6A 03 6A 00 00 00 15 00 46 00 6F 00 ..9...j.j.....F.o.
1..72 00 64 00 20 00 46 00 61 00 6C 00 63 00 6F 00 ..r.d. .F.a.l.c.o.
1..6E 00 20 00 42 00 6C 00 75 00 65 00 74 00 6F 00 ..n. .B.l.u.e.t.o.
1..6F 00 74 00 68 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..o.t.h...........
1..00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 00 38 00 ................8.
1..38 00 38 00 38 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..8.8.8...........
1..00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 24 00 ................$.
1..08 04 .................................................. ..........
2..03 00 01 02 01 00 ................................................
1..05 00 01 02 01 02 02 00 00 00 ....................................
1..04 00 01 02 01 04 00 00 ..........................................

Looks like it's gone to sleep Possibly like many readers here.

Last edited by JasonACT; 29-11-2019 at 08:45 PM. Reason: BCSP & P970
2 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2019, 07:13 PM   #208
JasonACT
Away on leave

Ok, I know it's a dry subject - nobody go to sleep please!

Broken board, Bluetooth measured against the touch screen:

Working board (same):

Working board (same, with me pressing my finger on the home button after powering it up):

The iThing chip being read at the same time as Bluetooth is configured (power up doesn't re-read it):

Time to remove the Bluetooth chip, I've completely run out of ideas! And I still don't know which line (1 or 2) is the CPU and which is the Bluetooth module because I can't find what the codes mean!

Oh, I take it back - the flash chip isn't coming off in one piece!

Might as well continue now:

Lots of little pieces:

Some clean up will be needed:

This was the best I could do:

Time to see what is (BT vs Touchscreen):

Well. What can I say. Line 1 was the Bluetooth chip. Line 2 is the CPU and it's pining for the BT chip to talk to it. Nope, it's not going to light up the screen until Bluetooth whispers sweet nothings into its ear.

I really have to hand it to SWS Australia. They seem to have picked a power regulator that passes on spikes AND they have allowed an integral component of a car to be disabled by a non-functioning ancillary (but definitely not required) component.

Hmm, I might try ordering another CSR BT 4.1 module, they are probably backward compatible - I'm not sure I can be bothered programming up a command-response program for my spare microcontroller at this point. Being fairly content that it's just poor coding now.

Last edited by JasonACT; 30-11-2019 at 07:39 PM. Reason: EDIT: To add, blank screens are probably stuck in high-power mode too :(
4 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2019, 09:34 PM   #209
Ansith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome work! Looks like you've finally go the answer on what actually fails on these.
Ansith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2019, 11:00 PM   #210
XRPete

Hi JasonACT,

So, are you saying that the Bluetooth chip is causing this?
if so, Ive taken a picture of my chip from the side, as i noticed it sits rather high.

Maybe its just a matter of getting these re-flowed?

These boards could heating up enough to de-solder some points off the board slightly?

Correct me if I'm wrong here..

XRPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post