Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 22-04-2020, 06:05 PM   #1
steerage250

Default MC Mondeo 2.0L Ecoboost fuel injector removal ?

Has anyone removed the injectors from their 2.0L Ecoboost engine?

(I have a problem with the engine running rough while the engine is cold. I have changed the plugs and coil packs, and cleaned the MAF sensor. I got a mobile mechanic in and he reckons fuel injectors are the next possibility. Sadly, his preferred injector shop won't remove them from petrol cars (only diesel))
steerage250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2020, 08:27 PM   #2
steerage250

Default Re: MC Mondeo 2.0L Ecoboost fuel injector removal ?

OK - injectors out. This is what I learnt:
  • The copy of a Ford workshop manual I have, said to de-pressure the fuel system my disconnecting the (low pressure) fuel pump at the connector behind the left lower C-pillar trim (all engine types). Don't bother looking, my car doesn't have any connectors behind either the left or right lower C-pillar trims (an hour of my life wasted). In fact the cable that I strongly suspect is for the fuel pump and gauge goes from the loom straight through the floor with no connector. Just de-pressure the fuel system by cracking the fuel line onto the fuel rail with a rag around it. You'll need a fairly short 19mm open-ender
  • The air intake hose onto the bottom of the throttle body was difficult to remove. I eventually got it off by un-bolting the manifold and pulling the manifold up
  • Beware the small, rigid, hidden, plastic hose under the manfold going to the block (I suspect it is for the PCV valve). Mine broke while tugging the manifold upwards to get it off the intake hose. I couldn't work out how to remove the snap-on fittings on each end, but the hose does come off those fittings quite readily. A piece of rubber hose will replace this item.
  • Lots of electrical connectors to disconnect - and each of them needs a different, cunning method to release them!
  • Thankfully, the injectors came out of the block very readily (no need for a slide-hammer with special fitting)
steerage250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: