Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 29-12-2018, 09:47 PM   #61
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2019 Ford Focus

Sat in one a week ago and then another today. Overall, I think the quality and look is quite good. The sunroof blind is only a partial blind though, and let’s through plenty of heat and light (the Escape has a much better blind). Haven’t seen one with the Design Pack, but to be honest the Titanium pretty much ticks all our boxes, bar being a few thousand dollars overpriced compared to the competition. Will hold out and see what Ford do with discounts, they sure as hell slashed the guts out of the Escape after I bought mine lol.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:11 AM   #62
LaserLikeFocus

Quote:
Focus Trend Hatch: $30,015
Outrageous.

The bottom of the barrel Audi A3 with ORC is 41k.
LaserLikeFocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2019, 10:37 AM   #63
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
Yes the stop start . . . can be turned off.
Turned off, yes, but you have to turn it off every time you start the car.
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2019, 10:40 AM   #64
CatonaPC©

Personally, I'm holding out for the Active. This to me will be the version I think Ford will sell the most of.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2019, 01:23 PM   #65
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC[emoji767
;6240185]Turned off, yes, but you have to turn it off every time you start the car.

Of course yes that’s right as the stop start system is part of the meeting emission standards and economy targets.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-01-2019, 12:08 AM   #66
LaserLikeFocus

The 2019 Mazdas with the you- beaut Skyactiv X might be a lot more - but a current, 2018 BN Mazda 3 Maxx (one up from bottom "Neo") sedan - automatic, with built in sat nav sells for 22.5k from the bigger dealerships in Sydney - with a shirt box trade in and some cash you could probably get under 20k as a price.

29 k for a CL trim Focus?

Ford have lost the plot, and I've come to have brand loyalty - KB Laser, LS Focus, XE, EA & BA Falcons in the family.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:27 AM   #67
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserLikeFocus View Post
I'm in no way a supporter of the pricing strategy Ford have employed here, but the Focus Trend is more of an 'LX' spec. Ford have all but officially confirmed a base model Ambiente spec model, which would serve as a successor to the 'CL' model you've referenced.

I think Ford have a real chance to get the Focus back onto the sales charts here. It's probably not going to sell 3,000 cars a month, but if they could get 500 or so units out of dealers a month with minimal discounting, I see that as a huge win for them.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2019, 09:40 AM   #68
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

unfortunately bad reputations and poor customner support are easy to acquire and hard to loose. It takes a lot of work to get back up there.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2019, 11:42 AM   #69
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserLikeFocus View Post
The 2019 Mazdas with the you- beaut Skyactiv X might be a lot more - but a current, 2018 BN Mazda 3 Maxx (one up from bottom "Neo") sedan - automatic, with built in sat nav sells for 22.5k from the bigger dealerships in Sydney - with a shirt box trade in and some cash you could probably get under 20k as a price.

Ford have lost the plot, and I've come to have brand loyalty - KB Laser, LS Focus, XE, EA & BA Falcons in the family.
You can't compare pricing on brand new models vs ones close to being replaced. Of course cars about to be replaced are being cleared out with much lower pricing. Dealers need to cut the price to keep people interested with older product.

You can gaurantee that the next 3 will be priced higher. They are all moving up in price. The days of 19,990 drive away are gone, unless they are desperate to move a huge stockpile of unsold cars. The i30 , Astra and Corolla went up to the 22-23 k rrp area for the base models when they launched.

Ford no longer sell base model Ambiente's, the Trend which is middle of the road spec is not a base model in price or spec. Even though it is the entry level model for Focus.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #70
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

This is where the Sales and Marketing Department of Ford Oz needs to be motivated to get these Focus MkIV's "back in favour" with the general public, I hope, marg99.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2019, 08:51 PM   #71
wizamc79
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton View Post
I think Ford have a real chance to get the Focus back onto the sales charts here. It's probably not going to sell 3,000 cars a month, but if they could get 500 or so units out of dealers a month with minimal discounting, I see that as a huge win for them.
If they would hurry up and get the cars out to look at it would be nice... I've got some money which is burning a hole in my pocket that I want to sink into a wagon but just keep getting told soon.... gets a bit fustrating.... at least here in the illawarra
wizamc79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2019, 09:18 PM   #72
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizamc79 View Post
If they would hurry up and get the cars out to look at it would be nice
Earliest showing has an ETA at the end of the month, and some early February, hang in there!
Craig@AUDI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2019, 10:36 PM   #73
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Some dealers already have them
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2019, 08:36 AM   #74
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Some dealers already have them
Nothing showing as delivered in a wagon, was it a wagon or hatch?
Craig@AUDI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2019, 10:13 AM   #75
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If they would hurry up and get the cars out to look at it would be nice... I've got some money which is burning a hole in my pocket that I want to sink into a wagon but just keep getting told soon.
We've picked what we want (Magnetic with HUD & Active Pack 2.0, which is the only way to get front sensors) so for us it's a waiting game when we can look at one and what deal we can do. I'm sure the security footage from the local dealer must have me stalking them five times a week after hours looking for the Titanium
Old 12-01-2019, 11:32 AM   #76
LaserLikeFocus

You know, Ford might get me back in the tribe with a wagon.

The wagon looks great. There is so much scuttlebutt on pricing you'd think we're buying diamonds from de Beers.

23,390 with sat nav (cheapest source I've found, might be nonsense). Not bad. The dealerships that are competitive and deliver nationally will probably pick up a lot of misers such as myself. Particularly with cash and a shirt box trade in.

However, the wagon looks like it will only be priced up at 35k or more.

6k off an Audi A3 Sportback.

Not good.

Why not a Trend/base wagon? I know they're trying to compete with the VW Golf Alltrack (which I've looked at too and they're fairly decent), but I don't get this marketing strategy at all. They've given up on fleet sales completely by the looks of it.

At least I can't find any information on what I want.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:57 PM   #77
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If Ford wants to advertise a quality product how about stop using low res pictures of the Focus on their website. It's 2019 not 2006. It just baffles me...
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #78
KosCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
If Ford wants to advertise a quality product how about ---
I agree - the current website for Focus is terrible. If you download the brochure for the new Focus, you get a whole 5 pages - WOW!! It looks as if they really couldn't be bothered trying and just slapped something together.

Anyway have had a look at one and will be in the market for a Titanium later this year. I noticed that they are using a rotary dial for gear selection. Just curious, does anyone know what would happen if you are driving along and reached to get something and your hand accidentally knocked the rotary gear selector into another gear?? Is the gear selector locked once you are driving?
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2019, 05:25 PM   #79
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosCo View Post
I noticed that they are using a rotary dial for gear selection. Just curious, does anyone know what would happen if you are driving along and reached to get something and your hand accidentally knocked the rotary gear selector into another gear?
It'll go to neutral like any other gear lever, but won't jam the brakes on and go to reverse or park. If anything the rotary dial should prove to be harder to accidently knock into neutral that a standard gear lever.
Old 13-01-2019, 11:07 AM   #80
KosCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton View Post
If anything the rotary dial should prove to be harder to accidently knock into neutral that a standard gear lever.

Thanks for your input - it makes sense that it would operate that way.
Old 14-01-2019, 11:58 PM   #81
CatonaPC©

Quote:
If they would hurry up and get the cars out to look at it would be nice...
Yeah, I agree. I'll have to wait till March for the Active. When the LZ came out, I was one of the first to drive out with a Trend, but I could have driven out with any model, as they had all of them in the yard. This time I had to wait 2 weeks before I even saw one (an ST-line hatch) to sit in and it's the only one the dealer had.
Old 16-01-2019, 03:50 PM   #82
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is only one Ford dealer on the Gold Coast (population 650000) and they also have only one new Focus -a blue ST line.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2019, 10:12 AM   #83
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cars are starting to flow through to dealerships, in Brisbane Metro Ford have three on display (2 x ST-Lines and a Trend) and I'm sure more coming through. Other dealers I've driven past have a handful on display also. I'm told Titanium's will start hitting dealerships late this month, early next month.
Old 17-01-2019, 10:06 PM   #84
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why does Ford advertise it as having a big infotainment screen? It's still only 8" big as before, am I missing something? or is it supposed to appear bigger now because it comes out of the dash?

Just marketing hype?
Old 20-01-2019, 07:30 PM   #85
kiwiinoz

Any advertising yet....nah why bother. Ffs marketing
Old 21-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #86
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiinoz View Post
Any advertising yet....nah why bother. Ffs marketing
I did read an article stating Ford were going 2 ways with advertising, one using the Active and the other using the regular models. So it's coming. Probably just waiting till they get sufficient supplies first.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2019, 12:41 PM   #87
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Cars are held up due to the stink bug outbreak. Some dealers have 1 or 2. Some have none.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2019, 02:06 PM   #88
KosCo

Quote:
the stink bug outbreak. Some dealers have 1 or 2. Some have none.
Why would the car dealers want 1 or 2 stink bugs? (Sorry, couldn't resist that).
Old 22-01-2019, 11:49 AM   #89
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cars are held up due to the stink bug outbreak. Some dealers have 1 or 2. Some have none.
It's really hurting the dealership I work for (another brand), I didn't even think about Focus being effected but of course being German built. I wonder what number of Focus' are caught up in this?
Old 10-02-2019, 11:41 PM   #90
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw one on the road today.

Aftermarket parts are already showing up in China to customise the interior.