Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 05-06-2020, 07:17 PM   #1
AussieG62013

Default Mondeo MD Indicator & Wiper Arms Swap 2017 to 2015

OK I noticed that the 2017 Mondeo Titanium have the indicator stack and wiper stack on the correct sides so can this be done on my 2015 Mondeo Titanium were there on the opposite sides for euro cars. Has anyone already done it ???
AussieG62013 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2020, 09:58 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Mondeo MD Indicator & Wiper Arms Swap 2017 to 2015

Possibly. You'd need at least the steering column and wiring loom from the later model to do the changeover but it's probably feasible.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2020, 07:12 PM   #3
AussieG62013

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Possibly. You'd need at least the steering column and wiring loom from the later model to do the changeover but it's probably feasible.
Steering column has nothing to do with it
Wiring loom maybe I have so far sussed out that there is a plastic bracket that the stalks clip into so it just might need that whole assembly from a 2017.

Just need to find it from a wreckers.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:25 AM   #4
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Perhaps next time you could be a little more informative about what you have already know rather than waste my time and play the know-all.

We looked at doing this with one of our (different brand) vehicles and it required both a replacement column and wiring harness. I guess it depends on whether the intention was to sell it in both markets when it was designed.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-06-2020, 12:23 PM   #5
AussieG62013

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Perhaps next time you could be a little more informative about what you have already know rather than waste my time and play the know-all.

We looked at doing this with one of our (different brand) vehicles and it required both a replacement column and wiring harness. I guess it depends on whether the intention was to sell it in both markets when it was designed.

Welcome to my ignore list.
I did not know this originally when I made the first post and I am still looking into it but you yourself said it was "probably feasible" meaning you haven't tried it yourself yet on this exact model Ford Mondeo. It just baffled me how a steering column would need to be swapped over as I have done it to two other models in the past without replacing a steering column.

Sorry if you felt offended that was not my intention to offend anyone but you won't read this now that you have put me on ignore which I feel now offended as it seems very harsh.

Old 08-06-2020, 09:47 AM   #6
Mondaveo

When you say 2015 Mondeo, do you mean a MD (Mk5)? I thought all MDs landed in this country with left-hand wipers/right-hand indicators?

Check out this thread from user Luketapp, who did the mod you describe on a 2011 MC (Mk4) Mondeo. He used the stalks from a 2012 Focus and it turned out to be pretty much a plug-and-play swap:

https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11469974

This got me to thinking about doing the same mod to my MC from an MD with the lane departure control on the stalk. The MD stalks look the same as the Focus so I think the odds are good that the designs will be a compatible swap, but the only way to find out for sure would be to try it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2020, 12:06 PM   #7
AussieG62013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaveo View Post
When you say 2015 Mondeo, do you mean a MD (Mk5)? I thought all MDs landed in this country with left-hand wipers/right-hand indicators?

Check out this thread from user Luketapp, who did the mod you describe on a 2011 MC (Mk4) Mondeo. He used the stalks from a 2012 Focus and it turned out to be pretty much a plug-and-play swap:

https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11469974

This got me to thinking about doing the same mod to my MC from an MD with the lane departure control on the stalk. The MD stalks look the same as the Focus so I think the odds are good that the designs will be a compatible swap, but the only way to find out for sure would be to try it...
Yes I have a MD Titanium 2015 I think they changed in the 2016 or 2017

Thanks mate that was very informative was it just a matter of unplugging the stalks from there plastic bracket and then plugging the proper stalks in if so I don't see a need to remove the steering wheel just the housing to get access to the stalks or are they part of the whole plastic bracket and just a matter of swapping the the assembly over and that would mean the wheel will come off.

I have found a wrecker on ebay selling the stalks only ? but then I came across another but it was out of a Ford Ranger looking the same.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:07 PM   #8
DougalXR6

They must have changed in late 2015 as my MD Trend built in October 2015 has the wipers on the left hand side and the indicators on the right.
DougalXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2020, 04:11 PM   #9
AussieG62013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougalXR6 View Post
They must have changed in late 2015 as my MD Trend built in October 2015 has the wipers on the left hand side and the indicators on the right.
Thanks for that.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:57 PM   #10
AussieG62013

I have purchased both stalks and the bracket just need to wait for them to show up in the post.

I will first try to see if it's a matter of just replacing the stalks if that fails then remove the steering wheel and swap the brackets over with the stalks.

Till then it's a waiting game with Australia Post.
Old 21-06-2020, 04:01 PM   #11
AussieG62013

Update :-

Yes it can be done and it is easy as long as you know what your doing.

The stalks alone did not do the trick so it came down to the stalks and the bracket the stalks bolt to all this has to be swapped out once done I now have my indicator on the right side and the wipers on the left side as it should be. So if you have the 2015 model yes you can do it just get the setup from a 2016 on wards to swap yours with.