Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 28-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #361
prasac
Banned

Default Re: TRP Racing Ford Falcon XR6T runs 9.1@159mph, update 8.48@165mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyDUZ747
Come to Adelaide,we race all through winter
Radelaide would be good to go, i bought the roller from SA. had the guy i bought it off known racing would be back on there not sure he would have sold it

maybe we can organise a few cars, couple cars down there i would like to see in the flesh. George Bastiras's TT Falcon being one
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #362
CYC06T

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
wish coulda got out there to race or watch some racing. we decided it was time to pull the box out of the Capri.

hopefully you get it sorted, saw the car nose over i thought shiiiit that can't be good was on a good pass also

shame the racing stops now for a couple months

Yeah it was looking good. It was really weird, everything just cut out for an instant it ran right through on the next pass.

Yeah, there may be the odd private day between now and then. Since Dom bought the Brent Rau eclipse from the US, he might get itchy to get it out as soon as it arrives
Old 29-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #363
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYC06T
Yeah it was looking good. It was really weird, everything just cut out for an instant it ran right through on the next pass.

Yeah, there may be the odd private day between now and then. Since Dom bought the Brent Rau eclipse from the US, he might get itchy to get it out as soon as it arrives
some sort of electrical glitch, if i had a $1 for the amount of cars i have seen do it in the last few months, well i wouldn't be rich but i'd have enough for a decent meal

i know i would, crazy 4-cylinder pumping 80psi+ how could you not want to, and the price he got it for is absolutely crazy we were talking about it a few weeks back.

i know Trick Mansweto has a private test day planned for early June, heard nothing afterwards. i might hire the track myself, shouldn't be too hard to get 12-20 cars together especially after noone has raced for a month or 2.
Old 29-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #364
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

I had a problem with the coils on the second run, caused the car to lurch in stage and same thing as I got to the line. I removed each coil and they had a lot of dust and bugs etc clogging them up, I haven't had that issuse before I recon it was all that wind and having the bonnet up.

Might be worth checking and cleaning all connections etc.

Paulie let me know about the private day depending on the price you can count me in.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #365
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
Paulie let me know about the private day depending on the price you can count me in.
the private test days are very dear, between $440-$550 depending on how many cars. it's better for the full on drag guys, last one we did we we got about 12 passes, i remember 1 little NA rotary that went out with us he did like 26 passes (woulda needed a rebuild afterwards )

at the moment i believe Sydney is showing to be the best prepped track in Australia, cars seem to be running PB's here left right and centre. Ray Treasure has been doing an absolutely fantastic job here.
Old 29-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #366
CYC06T

Quote:
the private test days are very dear, between $440-$550 depending on how many cars. it's better for the full on drag guys, last one we did we we got about 12 passes, i remember 1 little NA rotary that went out with us he did like 26 passes (woulda needed a rebuild afterwards )

at the moment i believe Sydney is showing to be the best prepped track in Australia, cars seem to be running PB's here left right and centre. Ray Treasure has been doing an absolutely fantastic job here.
Yeah I hear private days are pretty exxy!! 20 plus cars would be minimum to make it more cost effective.

As for small electrical faults or something costing me runs, I do seem to have had a couple of small niggling things recently, I guess that is bound to happen as we are trying to step it up bit by bit.

It's a shame, but it's all part of the journey I guess. I know things will happen sooner rather than later, but still have to be patient.
Old 31-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #367
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

Damn the last private day I went to was $220 and got plenty of passes.
Old 31-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #368
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I hear private days are pretty exxy!! 20 plus cars would be minimum to make it more cost effective.

As for small electrical faults or something costing me runs, I do seem to have had a couple of small niggling things recently, I guess that is bound to happen as we are trying to step it up bit by bit.

It's a shame, but it's all part of the journey I guess. I know things will happen sooner rather than later, but still have to be patient.
that's the beast of drag racing, one day the car will be on song the next it's a nugget happened to us at Jambo, car ran 8.43 best, we put 200lbs and radials on it and the things comes out and runs a 8.42 straight off the bat

the good thing about our cars is they are low maintenance compared to all the dinosaur engined guys out there.

Quote:
Damn the last private day I went to was $220 and got plenty of passes.
musta been for nuggets insurance goes up with faster cars, that would have been one of the days where u couldn't run 11.99 or faster i'd say.
Old 16-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #369
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What happened to old mate and his rig?
Old 17-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #370
CYC06T

Quote:
What happened to old mate and his rig?
Do you mean me??

If so, car has been dormant for 5 months while my mechanic was on holidays in Europe. he is back now and on the case....unfortunate for us we lost our spot at the top during the break, but we are back at it now. After the dramas we had last outing we decided to pull out the motor and check everything was alright. The bottom end hasn't been touched in about 4 years so we thought it could do with a look to see how it is tracking and give it a freshen up. We have a couple of other bits and pieces to play with while we are at it, but hope to back out again soon and chasing big Dan to see if we can liven things up a bit.

I am looking forward to getting back to the track that's for sure. It's been a quiet last 6 months.
Old 17-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #371
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey thanks for the update, Iam looking forward to the come back. Can I ask what manifold and plenum you are using and if its ported etc. Also which size TB are you using?

Looking forward to see it back out at the track and running some good numbers soon.
Old 17-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #372
CYC06T

Quote:
Hey thanks for the update, Iam looking forward to the come back. Can I ask what manifold and plenum you are using and if its ported etc. Also which size TB are you using?

Looking forward to see it back out at the track and running some good numbers soon.
Am using a Plazmaman plenum and throttle body combo. Can't remember off the top of my head the throttle body size. Plenum is an off the shelf item.

Yeah, I am keen to get back to the track soon. We have some real work to do to get competitive again. We have a few tricks left tho so hope to make it an exciting time.

Looks like the race for a 7 out of one of these things is really on.
Old 17-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #373
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So are you still using the stock lower manifold?
Old 17-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #374
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Am using a Plazmaman plenum and throttle body combo. Can't remember off the top of my head the throttle body size. Plenum is an off the shelf item.

Yeah, I am keen to get back to the track soon. We have some real work to do to get competitive again. We have a few tricks left tho so hope to make it an exciting time.

Looks like the race for a 7 out of one of these things is really on.
love it, nothing better than seeing the competition make everyone step up the game. Spiro's BA should be done soon also, could we see 3 or maybe more 7-sec Barra's next year?
Old 17-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #375
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep can't wait for barra season....
Old 17-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #376
CYC06T

Quote:
love it, nothing better than seeing the competition make everyone step up the game. Spiro's BA should be done soon also, could we see 3 or maybe more 7-sec Barra's next year?
Anythings possible Paulie. Unfortunately it's all speculation at this point. Until we move past 8.40's it is still a ways off for us at this point so we will see what's in the tank when we get back to the track. It sounds good in theory but making it happen isn't as easy as it sounds methinks.
Old 17-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #377
CYC06T

Quote:
So are you still using the stock lower manifold?
Yep. Sure am.
Old 18-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #378
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Anythings possible Paulie. Unfortunately it's all speculation at this point. Until we move past 8.40's it is still a ways off for us at this point so we will see what's in the tank when we get back to the track. It sounds good in theory but making it happen isn't as easy as it sounds methinks.
oh yeah, alot of people think it's easy, if it wasn't we wouldn't have had an 8.20 PB for 18 months now though that's our fault also. in the new year we will be stepping up our game also.
Old 18-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #379
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am not sure about you high powered guys but I find achieving a new PB easier then achieving consistency. In saying that I find neither easy but the PB one is more fun....
Old 18-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #380
prasac
Banned

Quote:
I am not sure about you high powered guys but I find achieving a new PB easier then achieving consistency. In saying that I find neither easy but the PB one is more fun....
with a hi-po car, just making it home without hurting anything is fun
Old 18-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #381
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If that was true you would have alot more money in your pocket lol.
Old 18-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #382
B&D Racing
Banned

Quote:
Maybe
B&D Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #383
CYC06T

It's so true hey. I have spent most of this year trying to learn how to drive the thing and bring it home in one piece. Its hard to step it up and have consistency at the same time. Pushing boundaries = breaking stuff. It's a simple equation and it holds true. We have run a heap of 8.6s for most of the year and have great consistency at that. It has been good to get a grasp on the car and a few different setups. Now though, it's time to start pushing on with it.

It's gunna be fun. At least when we go 8.3's and better I will be looking forward to lining Joe up in the Capri. Would be a crowd pleasing run I'm sure ....

Now it just can't come soon enough. On the flipside though, Dom will be taking his new toy to the track this weekend to start putting the eclipse to work. With the 6 second barrier already being broken in Australia by a 4 cylinder now, he is very keen to see what the fastest 4 cylinder in the world really goes like....
Old 20-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #384
prasac
Banned

Perceval Racing have come out in the last few months and really set the 4-cylinder world on fire, they have run a 6.58@211 with a GM Ecotec motor. be good to see how the Eclipse goes out here, seen a couple of imported 4-cylinders here in Australia now.
Old 20-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #385
CYC06T

Quote:
Perceval Racing have come out in the last few months and really set the 4-cylinder world on fire, they have run a 6.58@211 with a GM Ecotec motor. be good to see how the Eclipse goes out here, seen a couple of imported 4-cylinders here in Australia now.
Home from the track now. A crazy day. Dom Rigoli and his eclipse ran 6.93 @ 201 on the first pass off the trailer. The next pass it was on a cracker and the turbo let go. It also sheared 4 of the 6 flywheel bolts off. After a concerted effort, we couldn't quite get the car back out, but what a big start to the new Aussie home for the eclipse.

The eclipse's best mph is 201sothe boys are right on it.

Big day. Temps got up to 37 odd degrees....
Old 20-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #386
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Home from the track now. A crazy day. Dom Rigoli and his eclipse ran 6.93 @ 201 on the first pass off the trailer. The next pass it was on a cracker and the turbo let go. It also sheared 4 of the 6 flywheel bolts off. After a concerted effort, we couldn't quite get the car back out, but what a big start to the new Aussie home for the eclipse.

The eclipse's best mph is 201sothe boys are right on it.

Big day. Temps got up to 37 odd degrees....
It was damn hot in the helmet need a open face
Old 21-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #387
prasac
Banned

saw the Eclipse runs, looked good, congrats to all involved that's a great effort. shame about the turbo etc, can't wait to see it back out again.
Old 21-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #388
CYC06T

Quote:
saw the Eclipse runs, looked good, congrats to all involved that's a great effort. shame about the turbo etc, can't wait to see it back out again.
I'm pretty sure the boys wanna get straight back out on Friday,
May as well keep the roll on. There is definitely a 6.80 in it on current tune. It's only launching on a 1.1 60'. It can run 1.0 60's. Dom was off and on it on the 6.93 pass.

Fun times.
Old 22-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #389
prasac
Banned

same setup still as Brent had or they completely overhauled the engine? i was reading somewhere the old builder of the engine was saying they pump in 82psi+ into it, can't go for too long with that much boost

will pop out Friday and have a look, first 4-cylinder in Oz to crack 200mph i think? 6-sec off the trailer is awesome, car was bought for a bargain.
Old 22-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #390
CYC06T

Quote:
same setup still as Brent had or they completely overhauled the engine? i was reading somewhere the old builder of the engine was saying they pump in 82psi+ into it, can't go for too long with that much boost

will pop out Friday and have a look, first 4-cylinder in Oz to crack 200mph i think? 6-sec off the trailer is awesome, car was bought for a bargain.
My understanding is that the engine itself is largely the same config as Brent had it. They've had to make some ignition changes and have put waste gates on it and are only running 70 pounds. When Brent went 6.80's it was running no gates and 83+ pounds.

It is a fairly simple setup when you get down to it. The car is just built well and if driven well it can pull crazy times.

I am not sure if Colin Wiltshire pulled 200 in his eclipse when it went 6.90's?? It's definitely an exciting car and worth a look.