Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-05-2019, 08:52 PM   #211
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 
Default Re: Falcon GTHO Revived

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
Did anyone here goto today's presentation at motor ex?
No, but here is some footage of Matt Russell - Drift Cadet, taking the FGX XR8 sprint with Holy Grail package and drifting it at MotorEx:

Drift Lap

Old 13-05-2019, 09:20 PM   #212
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
This user likes this post:
Old 13-05-2019, 11:23 PM   #213
borts154
Starter Motor

I went in on Saturday as on Sunday (Presentation Day / Mothers Day) I was otherwise occupied.

Will I get one for my XR8? No. Too much $$$$ for me.

Got a chance to talk to one of the Premcar engineers who answered all of my questions about the Miami engine and Falcon in general with ease.

Given Premcar still do a fair bit of work with Ford most of what I was told (about what was happening at the time FPV was still active) isn't appropriate for sharing in public. I don't want to get them into trouble with Ford.

I got the impression that they didn't like looking back at that time given the way things ended up & not being able to get something with 'more' than what the GT-F had out the door. The frustration with the Ford bean counters & bureaucracy was clear, best for both of us that the subject was changed.....

Having read through the forums & the various aftermarket power kits available I knew that the Input Shaft on the ZF gearbox is a known weak point once above a certain power point - which (and I stand to be corrected) I think the Holy Grail reaches. I asked about that & sadly I can't remember the full response now but my recollection today was that the gearbox (I am paraphrasing here) should cope with the power from the engine due to their calibration. Unlike many on this Forum I'm not technically minded enough to be able to challenge that... sorry ppl....

The other thing I took away was that whilst the 335 tune had the throttle blade opening to 60% the XR8 Sprint and the GT-F had a different technique implemented for them in the tune. From what I gathered on the forum the GT-F tune had the throttle blade opening to 80% - maybe I just read something here wrong.

Looking back I'm kicking myself I didn't ask a question about the warranty seeing as there is no other public information about it, where the "other intercooler" was off and more inside info on the "HSV KW" comment in the launch video.....
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2019, 09:22 AM   #214
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Quote:
Originally Posted by borts154 View Post
Looking back I'm kicking myself I didn't ask a question about the warranty seeing as there is no other public information about it
From the Premcar Holy Grail website Q&A: http://www.premcarholygrail.com/holy...nical-qna.html

Quote:
Warranty … is there any? I understand my Factory Warranty will possibly have lapsed by the time the build of my Holy Grail?

We warrant the work we do … we will provide clear documentation that deals specifically with Warranty and Intended Use of your Holy Grail... on receipt of your 1st part payment (deposit) – we will issue a Purchase Contract and it will include a Warranty Statement for your records.
Old 14-05-2019, 12:30 PM   #215
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Warranty? from what I can see its just another aftermarket upgrade.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Old 14-05-2019, 07:57 PM   #216
borts154
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
From the Premcar Holy Grail website Q&A: http://www.premcarholygrail.com/holy...nical-qna.html
Thanks for reminding me champ, should have wrote "limited" instead....
Old 15-05-2019, 09:59 AM   #217
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No, but here is some footage of Matt Russell - Drift Cadet, taking the FGX XR8 sprint with Holy Grail package and drifting it at MotorEx:

Drift Lap

The sound of it just revving at standstill for me wasnt impressive for a 5K exhaust so thought this drift video might be more impressive........nope

I think any aftermarket exhaust would sound better .....to me it just sounds like the stock exhaust .....guess it could be the sound clip?

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 15-05-2019, 11:45 AM   #218
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

TBH IMO most Miami exhausts don't sound that great, its that MIami "cackle" strong feature, lacks base like from the windsor/clevo days, so a $1k cat back to a full $5k system they don't give me that deep throat woody feeling

An observation in this thread reminds me of a comment made by a very good long time and current Ford supporter I know who has bought alot of our Falcons/Tickfords/FPV's....
This built him a good relationship with those behind the Ford scenes and in discussions I have had with him over the years one comes to mind in this thread he's had with Ford.

Ford Enthusiasts are far harder to please than the SS/HSV customer base.
Probably because our GM supporters have had far more "choice" than we Ford devotees have.
This is in turn puts Ford in a no win situation for we pass on far more negative POV.
I'm guilty of it, we don't have this, why didn't they do that yaddayaddayadda......
Not much please's us.
Now post Factory here we have the company that knows our hipo cars back to front, its boundaries its limits.
Yep I agree their pricing is OTT but horse's for course's.
I don't get why Ford supporters need to belittle a company that for some are very happy to deal with.
Puffing the chest out like some here at times is down right rude imo.
No I'm not a customer, I'm just a bloke who compares apples with apples, some like to DIY, some prefer other alternative Tuners etcetcetc......
It just comes down how much your willing to pay, if you can do it cheaper good luck to you, I see others appreciate going to a company like this and for one they can afford to.
Peace out
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
8 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2019, 12:03 PM   #219
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
TBH IMO most Miami exhausts don't sound that great, its that MIami "cackle" strong feature, lacks base like from the windsor/clevo days, so a $1k cat back to a full $5k system they don't give me that deep throat woody feeling

An observation in this thread reminds me of a comment made by a very good long time and current Ford supporter I know who has bought alot of our Falcons/Tickfords/FPV's....
This built him a good relationship with those behind the Ford scenes and in discussions I have had with him over the years one comes to mind in this thread he's had with Ford.

Ford Enthusiasts are far harder to please than the SS/HSV customer base.
Probably because our GM supporters have had far more "choice" than we Ford devotees have.
This is in turn puts Ford in a no win situation for we pass on far more negative POV.
I'm guilty of it, we don't have this, why didn't they do that yaddayaddayadda......
Not much please's us.
Now post Factory here we have the company that knows our hipo cars back to front, its boundaries its limits.
Yep I agree their pricing is OTT but horse's for course's.
I don't get why Ford supporters need to belittle a company that for some are very happy to deal with.
Puffing the chest out like some here at times is down right rude imo.
No I'm not a customer, I'm just a bloke who compares apples with apples, some like to DIY, some prefer other alternative Tuners etcetcetc......
It just comes down how much your willing to pay, if you can do it cheaper good luck to you, I see others appreciate going to a company like this and for one they can afford to.
Peace out
Agree with most of what you say especially the ford fans being hard to please ....I guess it's being historically the under dog that makes us so critical as we're always looking to get the jump on the opposition ?

What annoys me about this is its so overpriced .....and it's being talked up like they've reinvented the wheel ....they even try ed to take credit for the Michelin tyres ? .....if it had the speed to back up the trumpet blowing then it may have some cred , why didn't they track it against a GTS ....maybe they don't have the belief
It needs some walk to match the talk

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 20-05-2019, 11:00 PM   #220
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Testing around engine

Old 20-05-2019, 11:46 PM   #221
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

The engine is built to holy grail spec. Nice

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 21-05-2019, 06:18 PM   #222
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Not sure what's the point of this video, correct me if I'm wrong, but for this package, there's nothing different with the motor that every other blown Miami is there?
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
Old 21-05-2019, 08:00 PM   #223
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

You get a $25.000 intercooler. That = holy grail built engine spec...

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 21-05-2019, 08:10 PM   #224
sir.richard
Starter Motor

Its the reliability, driveability and smoothness that you are getting. My car came back with its driveline like it was new - just 5x better.

It really is as if you got a different car back. An upgrade to this power with all that....well its cheaper than a c63S or BMW M2 Comp, which it will SPANK on tracks.

Its upper limits are exceptionally hard to find. You couldn't upset it unintentionally even well above speed limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
Respect to your post and congrats on your purchase. Your enthusiasm is commendable.
Look, most of the gripe is around the exorbitant cost. Yeh we kinda get it, limited run specific engineering and all that but geez the entire package is mega expensive, hard to digest.
The technical stuff is definitely great :
http://www.premcarholygrail.com/holy...ification.html

Interesting to see why there wasnt any revision on one of the weakest links in the chassis.... rear bushes in general and the main rear bush itself and its housing. These flog out in a very short period of time with standard power and grip pressures so one can only imagine how they would cope with the additional forces....

Anyways, look forward to reading more about your long term ownership experience if you end up sharing it.

Cheers
Old 21-05-2019, 08:16 PM   #225
sir.richard
Starter Motor

Trust me these guys arent afraid to put it anywhere, like the drifting at the Melb show grounds a week ago - no notice or prep..heres the keys you cant kill it! Its on youtube

Its more a matter of time and resources. If someone had a relevant GTS, maybe next track day it could be checked out. I havent been in one and would love to.

This project has been going since they first thought up the Miami. Slowly polished and perfected. What you are getting is engineering of an engine perfected over 10+ years. You cant get that anywhere else...everyone else is just doing mods on the amazing engines these guys created! They also have to recoup some costs - when you look at the quality of the parts they are using, they are incredibly good. Trailing arm is a big example where I havent seen anything even remotely close in the market. I can tell you it works incredibly well.

We need to get you guys for a fang around the block so you can see if you can feel the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzman View Post
Agree with most of what you say especially the ford fans being hard to please ....I guess it's being historically the under dog that makes us so critical as we're always looking to get the jump on the opposition ?

What annoys me about this is its so overpriced .....and it's being talked up like they've reinvented the wheel ....they even try ed to take credit for the Michelin tyres ? .....if it had the speed to back up the trumpet blowing then it may have some cred , why didn't they track it against a GTS ....maybe they don't have the belief
It needs some walk to match the talk
Old 21-05-2019, 08:18 PM   #226
sir.richard
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
Not sure what's the point of this video, correct me if I'm wrong, but for this package, there's nothing different with the motor that every other blown Miami is there?
Easy way:
- smaller supercharger pulley
- or upgrade supercharger
- Fuel injectors
etc

None of the above is needed if you do it properly, as the engine was always made to to this.

Much of what you get the benefit of - aside from mad quality parts - is testing and software programming. It shows when you drive it!
Old 21-05-2019, 08:20 PM   #227
sir.richard
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Warranty? from what I can see its just another aftermarket upgrade.
Its a fair bit more. Read about WHO they are their skills etc

If you compare this to, say, get stage 3 700kW for $15k" then you are doing yourself a major disservice!

This is NOT NOT NOT Aftermarket quality work guys. Youll understand once in one.
Old 21-05-2019, 08:44 PM   #228
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

You do realise that no one is bagging the experience or heritage dare I say it, it's the cost v result,
In real world everyday use these cars standard are already more than we can imagine, fitting a intercooler , tune makes them ballistic IMO, no one who's been in mind has ever called my GTE slow that's for sure,
From that I still have 18 grand to play with,

As I've said before, it would be great if the guys would sell "packages" instead of the complete unit as not everyone can throw 25,000 onto this,

I'd be interested in the "suspension" package if it ever came up or the "tune" package, but I'm happy with my Herrod intercooler on both cars
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
Old 21-05-2019, 09:02 PM   #229
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir.richard View Post
Easy way:
- smaller supercharger pulley
- or upgrade supercharger
- Fuel injectors
etc

None of the above is needed if you do it properly, as the engine was always made to to this.

Much of what you get the benefit of - aside from mad quality parts - is testing and software programming. It shows when you drive it!
The engine is capable of so much more. Premcar just keep it limited. Why pay that much for a limited car.

So much more available from aftermarket tuners like KPM..

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 22-05-2019, 02:06 AM   #230
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir.richard View Post
Trust me these guys arent afraid to put it anywhere, like the drifting at the Melb show grounds a week ago - no notice or prep..heres the keys you cant kill it! Its on youtube

Its more a matter of time and resources. If someone had a relevant GTS, maybe next track day it could be checked out. I havent been in one and would love to.

This project has been going since they first thought up the Miami. Slowly polished and perfected. What you are getting is engineering of an engine perfected over 10+ years. You cant get that anywhere else...everyone else is just doing mods on the amazing engines these guys created! They also have to recoup some costs - when you look at the quality of the parts they are using, they are incredibly good. Trailing arm is a big example where I havent seen anything even remotely close in the market. I can tell you it works incredibly well.

We need to get you guys for a fang around the block so you can see if you can feel the difference.

Like your passion , but I'd like to see it beat a GTS down a dragstrip then round a track then people might take notice .....but all we hear is talk and some of its a bit exaggerated e.g. holy grail engine build ?

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 22-05-2019, 02:08 AM   #231
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get Luke Youlden to do it ....that would be believed

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 23-05-2019, 02:53 PM   #232
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Centre Cap

Old 23-05-2019, 02:56 PM   #233
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Premcar SVT Holy Grail Matt Russell Drift Circuit

Old 23-05-2019, 03:53 PM   #234
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
My "OEM" caps on the BFGT are Billet aluminium. Am I missing something here ?

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
2 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2019, 04:37 PM   #235
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

AU tickford, BA BF fairmont and BA BF FPV all had them. Bet they are the same part re-badged.

Any quality forged wheel will come with a centre cap that wont melt at the track. Doesn't have to be metal though.

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Last edited by arronm; 23-05-2019 at 04:46 PM.
Old 23-05-2019, 04:40 PM   #236
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Quote:
taking the **** yeah ?

Previous:
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
Old 23-05-2019, 05:23 PM   #237
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

An Episode of Whichcar TV that goes to air on Sunday May 26th 2019 between 3/3.30pm on Channel 10 BOLD will feature the Premcar SVT Holy Grail.

A written preview of the episode here: https://www.whichcar.com.au/episodes...-cars-and-mums

Quote:
Then we bring together two Australian motoring icons when Scotty goes for a ride in a GTHO Phase III with racing legend John Bowe as his chauffeur. From one handy steerer to another, find out what John really thinks about the most valuable Ford Falcon to date.

Time warp forward 50 years and Scott swaps from the passenger seat to the pilots pew in the GT’s spiritual successor. The Falcon bloodline came to an end before FPV had a chance to make one last icon, but Scott drives the next best thing, and it’s a supercharged blur of power and glory.
Old 23-05-2019, 07:13 PM   #238
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

OOOppps,centre cap fell out....

Xtreme Ford Tuning

2 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2019, 07:41 PM   #239
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your sarcastic sniping is becoming tiresome.

We know you don't like it so why not start your own "Not the Holy Grail" thread and leave this one alone.
Old 23-05-2019, 08:01 PM   #240
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Just adding some joke and humor to the thread.

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Closed Thread