Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Mid North Coast Ford Owners Club

Old 09-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #1
GT425
Boss 290

Default Wanted Falcon/Fairmont xy/xw

I'm after a clean and straight Falcon/Fairmont XY/XW to restore. Can be a 6cyl or V8. If anyone knows of such an animal I would like to hear from you.I
am retired have lots of time on my hands and would love to restore an old beauty to its original glory.I hope someone out there knows of one hidden away in a farm shed or one that is being used as a paddock basher.
Please contact me on my email
eric.keefe@bigpond.com

GT425 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-04-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
XR.1967
XR 1967

I have a XW in the shed.. I'll send you a few photos of it so you can have a look.
XR.1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
GT425
Boss 290

Hope you got my email I am realy interested . It looks good from the picks.
GT425
Old 17-04-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
curlychook
blown john goss coupe

gday has the car xw been sold or is it still available. grant 65852308
dylbro@dodo.com.au
curlychook is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 06:43 PM   #5
GT425
Boss 290

To all you people out there. I have found an xy consequently my search is over.To xr1967. Thank you for your interest I hope curlychook buys your car.

GT425
Old 18-04-2007, 07:34 PM   #6
JefXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice choice,xy's are my favourite ford especially the xygt !!!ahhhh i wish i could afford one :(
JefXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 10:02 PM   #7
killerjoolz
KillerXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefXR8
Nice choice,xy's are my favourite ford especially the xygt !!!ahhhh i wish i could afford one :(
Hey Jeff...we have one each....XW and XY Sedan & Ute...tryin to con my hubby into takin the ute on one of our runs,but to no avail...lol

2009 TWEEKD FG XR8 IN SILHOUETTE
all mods done by Walter Markham from Oztek Performance
killerjoolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 07:21 AM   #8
JefXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerjoolz
Hey Jeff...we have one each....XW and XY Sedan & Ute...tryin to con my hubby into takin the ute on one of our runs,but to no avail...lol
i think ive seen a red or orange one of yours thru the forums somewhere,is that the xy or w i cant rem?
JefXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 07:48 AM   #9
killerjoolz
KillerXR8

Yep thats it XY ute,Vermillion Fire,Thats hubby's toy....lol

2009 TWEEKD FG XR8 IN SILHOUETTE
all mods done by Walter Markham from Oztek Performance
killerjoolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2014, 03:09 PM   #10
BGBLOK

Default Re: Wanted Falcon/Fairmont xy/xw

My daily driver. XY 250 column auto C4 1 owner 108000 miles. original owner threw a coat of white over it 17 years ago to protect it as he said the metallic silver was just about falling off it after 20 or so years. (doesn't look like any primer under it!) Original colour is silver Frosted Pewter. Car has factory power steering, dealer fitted aircond when near new, no power brakes, drums all round. Original interior is maroon colour and not been replaced or repaired anywhere!..
has had front door skins by the look of it and the drivers has rusted again.Straight and never been pranged. floors, plenum, torque boxes, front crossmember under radiator rust free. I am about to restore the engine bay to original but I am considering a cleveland transplant and have bought a 1979 Sportsman Fairlane with a recond GEM engine in it for a donor car for all running gear & brakes (4 wheel discs, 4 pinion LSD).
Car is in Perth though.
proactms@bigpond.com

Last edited by BGBLOK; 22-11-2014 at 08:31 PM.
BGBLOK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post