Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
bingoTE50
Steve

Default Ford Forums is outstanding.

Hi Guys and Gals ,

I just wanted to say how good Ford Forums is. I am a member of a fair few different forums , LS1 being one ( well I own one - so flame away ) and I have to say that ease of use , information ,range of topic , the help of the general FF Community , and the Management on this site are outstanding.

Keep up the good work.
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2017, 05:36 PM   #2
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Forums is outstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoTE50 View Post
Hi Guys and Gals ,

I just wanted to say how good Ford Forums is. I am a member of a fair few different forums , LS1 being one ( well I own one - so flame away ) and I have to say that ease of use , information ,range of topic , the help of the general FF Community , and the Management on this site are outstanding.

Keep up the good work.
G'day...ABSOLUTELY AGREE.. I'm a member of a U.S based FordForum ..Pathetic compared to this and a Model rail one , also US based...It's pretty darn good , not this good but not bad at all until any mention of politics , touchy they are with that..
What I like so much about AFF is it's fair to all, same rules for everybody but you get a gentle reminder if you're pushing it too far first before anything happens..and the range of topics , the amazing help and sometimes you can even offer a bit of help for a fellow AFF'er...
Any better car forum in OZ would need to be off the planet better to beat this one..I don't think that's likely...Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2017, 05:40 PM   #3
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

I find Russ's spread sheets to be amazing..................
Old 23-02-2017, 06:31 PM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Old 23-02-2017, 07:20 PM   #5
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
G'day...ABSOLUTELY AGREE.. I'm a member of a U.S based FordForum ..Pathetic compared to this and a Model rail one , also US based...It's pretty darn good , not this good but not bad at all until any mention of politics , touchy they are with that..
I've been/am currently being persecuted for liking model trains as well - it's just not fair
FairmontGS is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2017, 07:22 PM   #6
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
I've been/am currently being persecuted for liking model trains as well - it's just not fair
Boo, get a haircut!

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-02-2017, 07:34 PM   #7
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
https://youtu.be/ig3GcDBjQN4
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2017, 09:00 PM   #8
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
G'day... If I sat down and really thought about it I've probably spent enough on my layout to go a long way to buying a Sprint...That's over the past 10 -11 years...
Doing HO 1:87 scale is the cheapest probably , but locomotives with DCC and Sound at about $350 each ..ten of them now..Then there's lesser ones , another 30 plus between $50- $150... then 150 approx rolling stock , then over 100 metres of mainline track , then fancy controllers x3...then scenery stuff including a bunch of buildings , scale correct cars , rock moulds , bridge kits , electronics..........I reckon $15,000 plus...Bloody hell !!!!!!!!!!...What have I done ?
Realistically though I love spending time building , run the occasional consist..wiring track...Fun...
That model train Forum is great but don't mention any sort of American politics or the Moderators get a tad ancy...Found that out first hand...
Re Casey Jones (Alan Hale )...No bloody wonder they couldn't find them on Gilligans Isle...He was moonlighting as a train driver...Great little YT clip Charliewool...brings back memories....Cheers Rod..

Last edited by roddy1960; 23-02-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Old 23-02-2017, 09:12 PM   #9
superyob
Banned

I fully understand that passion roddy1960. I plan to build an awesome slot car track in my man cave one day and race my Chargers, Falcon 2 doors, GT40s, Plymouth Superbird, Dodge Daytona and Challenger and token L34 Torana, to my hearts content...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2017, 09:48 PM   #10
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Honestly, I was going to post something similar to OP.

My latest car isn't a Ford and so have been sussing out appropriate forums for the last 6 months or so.

Nowhere is there the sense of camaraderie and bonhomie that exists in this forum.

Well done us

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2017, 11:02 AM   #11
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Brilliant forum, filled with fantastic and passionate members!

Coming here for me is like the internet version of going to the pub with your mates and talking about cars and chewing the fat on all aspects of our lives. Mucho fun and great debates!

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2017, 05:01 PM   #12
Mercury 8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Wow that just made me feel very old......
Mercury 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2017, 07:29 PM   #13
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Thumbs up Re: Ford Forums is outstanding.

Indeed, this is by far one of the very best Ford forums for enthusiasts and the general Ford owner alike. There are other good Aussie based Ford forums, but not quite like this one.

Very informative and well administered with a generally helpful bunch of people willing in the spirit to help each other out.

This is a totally volunteered running outfit, no-one gets paid for their valued time running it. It's solely supported by sponsorship and donating members.

The AFF and it's members actively supports donations to worthy causes, for example we recently raised $7500 for Isaac with the Make A Wish Foundation, as well as donating for bushfire/flood appeals throughout 2016.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2017, 08:08 PM   #14
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yay for model trains 🚂 The only thing better than collecting model trains is not being a Virgin
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2017, 08:26 PM   #15
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Yay for model trains 🚂 The only thing better than collecting model trains is not being a Virgin
That is where the problem lies...

You can't be into model trains AND not be a virgin.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2017, 08:32 PM   #16
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post

The two concepts are mutually exclusive; never the twain shall meet...

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2017, 09:33 PM   #17
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump View Post

I see what you did there- mark twain was a huge train fan as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 25-02-2017, 10:11 AM   #18
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
I fully understand that passion roddy1960. I plan to build an awesome slot car track in my man cave one day and race my Chargers, Falcon 2 doors, GT40s, Plymouth Superbird, Dodge Daytona and Challenger and token L34 Torana, to my hearts content...
G'day , Maybe one day we could get another sub Forum on AFF going like ,"What's ya Passion other than Cars" or Hobby Time or something..if it's not already there in amongst a myriad of locations on AFF that is......
It'd probably be quite amazing what we get up to outside of cars...Then again it'd probably surprise what we get up to inside of cars...
I was telling one of the US guys about AFF the other day on one of the threads on the American train forum...He owns a few Fords and hopefully he'll check out AFF..He won't be disappointed.. Told him it leaves the US crap Ford forums in the dust...
I love the idea of the man cave slot car track...Scalectrix or so ?...They are fantastic...bloody realistic and they're going sound too now like model loco's.. Here's a vid on a German crowd called Minitaur Wunderland..
It has the lot in Hamburg....Hamburg with the lot you might say...sorry 'bout that '......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACkmg3Y64_s....Cheers Rod..
Old 25-02-2017, 11:01 AM   #19
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day superyob....Check out this bloke's work....It reminds me big time on what model rail layout design is like...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYjhBDquSEc .. To kind of quote Crocodile Dundee...
"That's not a slot car track..THIS is a slot car track " Check out the sound modules they can do too when you get a chance..Not too expensive to build into a layout either ..Tons of videos on that.. Then cars like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nzj...NzjJ-4h6ec.... Lovely jubbley as that cook says...
On that subject on Model Rail Forums..the old guys keep saying it's not right..
not how ya do it with sound until they try it and then they're hooked...Same here..now I'm hooked on loco's that have digital sound (DCC) that translates the movements to prototypical sound..Add extra dimension..
AFF keeps you in touch with Ford stuff the same way..Why Forums are so cool..Cheers Rod..

Last edited by roddy1960; 25-02-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Old 25-02-2017, 11:12 AM   #20
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Don't say that too quickly, it starts to sound like bedsheets
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2017, 05:49 PM   #21
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Exclamation Re: Ford Forums is outstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
G'day superyob....Check out this bloke's work....It reminds me big time on what model rail layout design is like...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYjhBDquSEc .. To kind of quote Crocodile Dundee...
"That's not a slot car track..THIS is a slot car track " Check out the sound modules they can do too when you get a chance..Not too expensive to build into a layout either ..Tons of videos on that.. Then cars like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nzj...NzjJ-4h6ec.... Lovely jubbley as that cook says...
On that subject on Model Rail Forums..the old guys keep saying it's not right..
not how ya do it with sound until they try it and then they're hooked...Same here..now I'm hooked on loco's that have digital sound (DCC) that translates the movements to prototypical sound..Add extra dimension..
AFF keeps you in touch with Ford stuff the same way..Why Forums are so cool..Cheers Rod..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx
Yay for model trains �� The only thing better than collecting model trains is not being a Virgin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS
I see what you did there- mark twain was a huge train fan as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960
G'day , Maybe one day we could get another sub Forum on AFF going like ,"What's ya Passion other than Cars" or Hobby Time or something..if it's not already there in amongst a myriad of locations on AFF that is......
It'd probably be quite amazing what we get up to outside of cars...Then again it'd probably surprise what we get up to inside of cars...
I was telling one of the US guys about AFF the other day on one of the threads on the American train forum...He owns a few Fords and hopefully he'll check out AFF..He won't be disappointed.. Told him it leaves the US crap Ford forums in the dust...
I love the idea of the man cave slot car track...Scalectrix or so ?...They are fantastic...bloody realistic and they're going sound too now like model loco's.. Here's a vid on a German crowd called Minitaur Wunderland..
It has the lot in Hamburg....Hamburg with the lot you might say...sorry 'bout that '......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACkmg3Y64_s....Cheers Rod..
WTF did I miss in all of the above posts?
Never mind, I must've posted in the wrong thread.
Cheers! I'm out!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2017, 07:52 PM   #22
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
WTF did I miss in all of the above posts?
Never mind, I must've posted in the wrong thread.
Cheers! I'm out!
G'day.. Sorry ,.We got 'off track' a little bit but as I was pointing out I'm hoping one of our nutcase Ford mad , fellow model rail forumers might have a look at our Australian Ford Forum. AFF has no peer , certainly nothing as good relating to the Blue Oval do they have in the U.S. at least not that I've ever come across over the years anyway ,that's for sure.
.As good as the MRF is it isn't as much fun and all encompassing as this one , which is what the thread is all about .I think that if the Ford fan chap does have a look at AFF he'll be more than surprised even based in a Ford outpost and not in the home of Ford Motor Company..
. We did get 'side tracked' and lose our 'train of thought' though I suppose... Sorry 'bout that again but even the keep on topic reminders are more entertaining than anywhere else..
Cheers Rod...

Last edited by roddy1960; 25-02-2017 at 08:08 PM.
Old 25-02-2017, 08:00 PM   #23
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Hey Rod, let's start a Model Train & Slot Car thread in The Bar!
Old 25-02-2017, 08:08 PM   #24
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
Hey Rod, let's start a Model Train & Slot Car thread in The Bar!
Here's an idea, find a Model Train or Slot Car forum instead

Also, those bagging out the US Ford Forums should know that is where this community spun off from, and BON (Blue Oval News) before that, before Ford US wrecked it. Though admittedly the Aussie section was the best part of FF.com and it probably owes us more than we owe it. Nevertheless, it was an important stepping stone to what we have today.

But we are still primarily a car (Ford) forum and I'd prefer it stays that way.

Last edited by Raptor; 25-02-2017 at 08:17 PM.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2017, 08:47 PM   #25
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

^^ start a poll.
There always good value.

OR
throw your train sets up in the show and shine section..
Mont5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post