Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-02-2017, 10:22 AM   #61
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Murder- Suicide on our roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea90gl View Post
So you have not read it in the media in order for you to make a final assumption? So you are basically saying that you are incapable of using your own brain to figure things out? If the media tells you how it is it must be true then.

If the media tells you that you need to jump off a cliff then that must also be acceptable to you?. I do apologies for all of the above and I must be wrong since I do not rely on the media to tell me how it is. Using your own brain to figure things out would be useless since I didn't happen to tune in to the 6pm News Feed...
My point was you attack someone else for thinking they know everything, yet you are doing the same thing.

No, I don't need the media spelling things out for me, and yes I can make my own assumptions. They just happen to be different to yours but somehow you think you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Last edited by GasoLane; 23-02-2017 at 10:27 AM.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #62
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

And now....................back on topic please.
Old 23-02-2017, 12:40 PM   #63
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual View Post
Its all a shame.

What I find interesting is that the statistics that this bloke has caused will go down in the roadtoll as "speed related". And so with the 50% or single car accidents (that are suicides that also go down as speed related, and suicides into trucks, will add to the statistics that "speed kills" so the normal a to b driver has to slow down further.

Makes me mad.

Deaths that have nothing to do with normal driving (ie out driving to Kill) should NOT be included with the road toll whatsoever. They are suicides and murders.
I think you make a very valid point for government statistics that can be perverted for any of their road safety campaigns but remember Coroner reports do contain a lot of recommendations to the State Government for changes to be put in place if necessary.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2017, 02:14 PM   #64
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual View Post
Its all a shame.

What I find interesting is that the statistics that this bloke has caused will go down in the roadtoll as "speed related". And so with the 50% or single car accidents (that are suicides that also go down as speed related, and suicides into trucks, will add to the statistics that "speed kills" so the normal a to b driver has to slow down further.

Makes me mad.

Deaths that have nothing to do with normal driving (ie out driving to Kill) should NOT be included with the road toll whatsoever. They are suicides and murders.
Mmm but talking about suicide is verboten in Australian media.

How many people jump in front of trains each week? Lots.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #65
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

There is a reason for inclusion in road toll stats; think for example of road safety features that might have prevented or mitigated against this: solid dividing road barriers; fool proof self driving cars etc.
Old 23-02-2017, 05:24 PM   #66
getabout

I've struggled with depression and addiction for most of my life. I had a beautiful, shiny XY Falcon that I wrecked in a moment of absolute and total insanity while under the influence of grog and pills, many years ago. I bounced off a parked Commodore, destroyed three wheelie bins, a paling fence and ended up bouncing off a house and then stopped in their brick garage. To this day I thank God that I didn't hurt or kill someone. I was totally out of control in my life at the time and have a vague memory of lining up the parked car deliberately. Am lucky to be alive after being cut down from a tree and revived, numerous times waking up in ICU after overdosing etc. I still struggle but no matter how hard it got I would NEVER consider harming someone else if I wanted out. NEVER. Life is still hard but many many times better than it used to be..no comparison. I've often thought that one of the worst things about topping yerself is that you aren't around afterwards to see just how much people really cared, tragic in many ways.
getabout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2017, 09:23 PM   #67
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

I started this thread and my initial comment about the death penalty reflected my immediate abhorrence and shock in seeing this video. On further reflection I know that there is still no reason to have a death penalty and we can hope that after an appropriate time in detention this person can turn his life around and somehow make good to at least partially repay his huge debt to society and his and the victims families.
Old 23-02-2017, 10:16 PM   #68
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Edited and deleted
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2017, 07:39 PM   #69
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/ma...13-gux6r1.html
Quote:
The man accused of going on a deadly rampage down Bussell Highway in Capel in February has been charged with murder after his 4WD collided head-on with another car killing its driver, Jenni Pratt.

Shaun Southern, who remains in hospital after being injured in the crash, was charged with murder, acts or omission causing bodily harm or death and reckless driving
Old 18-03-2017, 11:12 PM   #70
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another one :

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/tr...18-gv17mx.html
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post