Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-06-2015, 12:09 AM   #31
bluestripes
Q - CAR

Default Re: Ta;lk to me about front swaybars - XR8

That's another good way to do it super roo... And it was interesting to find out the V8 racing Utes also have this mod; for I did not know.

Anyways - I absouluety love how my ute handle. It has given me greater confidence in corners and I just know I can push it harder then what one would think and it sticks ( obviously within reason ) - But, I also think the Pedders Extreme Coil over shocks are doing 80% of the work and I can only give the Pedders shocks a 5 star wrap !!

347 Windsor Stroked; (10:2.1) / TFS 190 heads / TFS R Series 90 manifold / Accufab 85mm Race TB / 90mm Lightening MAF / K&N 90mm pod CAI / FTI custom cam (230-236 @ 50) / Bosch 36lb inject / MSD coil + leads / ASR 8lt sump / Mcleod RST Twin Plate Clutch / Pacemakers PH4006 + 3" single exhaust / BA Premium brake pac / Pedders Xtreme coil over shocks / 30mm Whiteline sway / 3.45 LSD / Custom FG bonnet / Ghia interior upgrade / Enkie Rims - staggered / Quarter Horse tuned.
bluestripes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2015, 09:57 PM   #32
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats very interesting with the sway bar mounts , when i first bought my xr6 it was 3.5 years odd old and the sway bar mounts where bent, i bought a couple of replacements from ford, and they where a bit better made than the originals/more solid ,

i had originally put the damage down to lack of clearance , ie: the car had run over something or gone up a gutter to cause the damage to them..... maybe i was wrong , the originals did look somewhat flimsy though, on the other hand , just a thought ........if they are too strong it could be a problem if you tag something very solid, you may bend something else ??
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2015, 10:43 PM   #33
bluestripes
Q - CAR

Everything is a balance ...
I suppose rule of thumb may be ... Fix what's broken, then wait and see.

347 Windsor Stroked; (10:2.1) / TFS 190 heads / TFS R Series 90 manifold / Accufab 85mm Race TB / 90mm Lightening MAF / K&N 90mm pod CAI / FTI custom cam (230-236 @ 50) / Bosch 36lb inject / MSD coil + leads / ASR 8lt sump / Mcleod RST Twin Plate Clutch / Pacemakers PH4006 + 3" single exhaust / BA Premium brake pac / Pedders Xtreme coil over shocks / 30mm Whiteline sway / 3.45 LSD / Custom FG bonnet / Ghia interior upgrade / Enkie Rims - staggered / Quarter Horse tuned.
bluestripes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2019, 12:58 AM   #34
SwiFt_wayno
Starter Motor

I have the 30mm bar on my ba xr8. just lowered it off the stands after replacing all bushes, ball joints, bearing hubs and sway bar links, i noticed as i was taking it all apart the drivers side bracket was torn.
welded it up at work for a quick fix but I'll look into plazma cutting some hefty brackets.

old thread but i wanted to add my experience.
SwiFt_wayno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-09-2019, 10:49 AM   #35
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Before you remake the entire bracket, have a go at adding a reinforcement plate.

This is what my mate made for my car, and is the same design as what the V8 Utes of the day used as well. No issues here yet - I have a 30mm swaybar. It's the stock mounts, with a plate added to the front for rigidity.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2019, 01:44 PM   #36
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

I added some lateral locks as well. Stops the bar from sliding in the mounts.
Scroll down and have a look at the vid in this link.

https://www.energysuspensionparts.co...eral-locks.asp

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2019, 02:29 PM   #37
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Yes, I forgot to mention, I added them too.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post