Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-07-2019, 10:34 PM   #2821
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Nongs!

Nong: Describes Fuel-Starvation issue.

Advice: "Sounds like you have a fuelling issue. Here's how to diagnose it."
Nong: No it must be the car seat because I am sitting on it when the problem happens.
Nong: "I spent $1,000 on new seats and it hasn't fixed the problem, why are Ford's so ****."

Advice: "Still sounds like a fuelling issue, have you tried to diagnose it?"
Nong: "Nope it must be the CAT because my mate who fixes fridges for a living knows all about such things."
Nong: "I bought a filthy rusted out piece of **** from a wrecker, but it hasn't fixed the problem. I am never buying another Ford."

Advice: "I've owned maybe a dozen Ford sixes, anytime I had your problem it was related to fuel delivery"
Nong: "At this point I would rather cut off my own penis than admit to myself that I am a ****wit. I'm glad Ford closed down because they are such ****, and this forum is useless."
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2019, 11:19 AM   #2822
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the "business day" work week. Why the **** can't banks (who obviously operate over weekends) treat Sat and Sundays as a business day in regards to online transactions and transfers.

Had a nightmare goin on with Paypal and Commbank trying to cancel payments and make transfers which left my account sucked bone dry for 5 days because Paypal can't do anything faster than a 6 day turn around and took my money 2 days after i'd actually cancelled a scheduled payment.. Ridiculous. Resulted in a delay of my new wheels delivered while I was hoping to be ready for AFD with and now I might not make it :( harumph
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2019, 11:41 AM   #2823
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’m like that with the whole idea of business hours and work weeks. We entrench these ideals then moan when they beget inevitable traffic chaos and retail/leisure precinct congestion.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2019, 08:48 AM   #2824
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’ve been waiting over a year for an aged care package to assist in caring for my father in his own house. He is profoundly deaf, epileptic, and has fairly advanced dementia. IOW, the bugger can be a right handful. In a normal day I have had the urge to punch his lights out at least once by 7:30 in the morning.

Yesterday, we received a fat, important-looking envelope from the Government. About blooming time! I thought... No such luck, it was a load of utterly pointless guff that nineties software companies would have been proud of, AKA “Coming real soon!”. So - no practical change to the status quo, but doubtlessly some self-serving (insert epithet of choice) has given themselves a big pat on the back for designing and implementing a pre-assistance advisory programme, and it will end up on their LinkedIn profile.

Yep, I hate that!
3 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #2825
.:4:.
Kicking back

The serial borrower. I hate that. Worked today on a project to help the boys out as it was running over. Met the new project manager work employed. I was working away wearing my tool belt and every 2 minutes he was asking to borrow this or that. When i wasnt wearing my tool belt things constantly went missing. Sure enough, it was the new guy borrowing without asking. He runs the site like he owns it. All his tools are there, but its more convenient to inconvenience everyone there.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2019, 06:45 PM   #2826
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
, but doubtlessly some self-serving (insert epithet of choice) has given themselves a big pat on the back for designing and implementing a pre-assistance advisory programme, and it will end up on their LinkedIn profile.

Yep, I hate that!
impossible would have been a 6 month investigation with numerous conference interstate, with at least 10 bigoted, male hating butches procrastinating before it got that far
Old 29-07-2019, 08:04 PM   #2827
Kicking back

Been babysitting a site for a colegue who took 2 days off. Theres a reason i do not put my hand up for jobs for this particular project management company. They should change their company moto to 'we make promises, we dont provide results'. So firstly, i hate taking over a site unknown days before the handover. Nothing ever goes well. And 2 days before handover, yep the plans changed. The deadline didnt. My hands are tied due to lead time on parts. 3 day lead time with a 2 day hand over. I did get 1 of the bits to hopefully get over the line this arvo, but it was an hour drive in the wrong direction. The other stuff, again my hands are tied because nobody has approved it, and nothing in life is free, other then maybe a lovely day and still being alive. Tomorrow im taking the backseat on that job. Still going to put in a solid effort, but the bloke who took time off who ran the job is back, so ill more then happily hand back that mess.
Old 30-07-2019, 06:00 PM   #2828
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Ran into a right jobsworth at Service NSW yesterday. Took it all in, bit my tongue.

This morning I dumped a carefully written complaint onto the people who handle customer feedback; waiting to hear from a mutual acquaintance if the jobsworth gets counselled or sacked.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:13 PM   #2829
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Companies / people that use the phrase 'Thanks for reaching out' when replying to an email.

I want to go to their office and smash the keyboard over their heads....

I think Uber started it.....

My recent phone update.

Now, every time I turn on and off my mobile data I get a prompt "Do you really want to turn it off?" And "Data charges may apply" when turning on.

No way to disable it as well...

Oh, and the torch app no longer stays on - it turns off within seconds because the camera is being used. Why who or what is using the camera at what seems like random times I can't tell you but it drives me up the wall...

And Waze STILL takes you to the back alley of addresses... how many complaints do they need to get? It drove me up the wall when I was using it as an Uber driver years ago and it's still happening today...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-08-2019, 08:16 PM   #2830
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Can't you look at which apps are asking for the camera, and work it out?

Old 06-08-2019, 08:22 PM   #2831
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Ran into a right jobsworth at Service NSW yesterday. Took it all in, bit my tongue.

This morning I dumped a carefully written complaint onto the people who handle customer feedback; waiting to hear from a mutual acquaintance if the jobsworth gets counselled or sacked.
Paydirt; jobsworth apparently being reamed by supervisor - and they surely earned it.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:37 PM   #2832
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Can't you look at which apps are asking for the camera, and work it out?

Ok, tried to have a fiddle.

7 Apps were using the camera. Camera, Carrier Services, Google Play, Messenger, Waze, QR Code reader, Whats App.

Tried to turn then off bar the Camera app itself. Get a warning that Carrier Services and Google Play may make phone unstable if camera is truned off. Left them on. Torch still turns off on its own as something is accessing the camera (and the camera flash is also turned off in the camera settings itself).

Bloody ridiculous....

Old 06-08-2019, 08:41 PM   #2833
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I don’t think you’ll kill it if you turn the camera off for those items.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:58 PM   #2834
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
I don’t think you’ll kill it if you turn the camera off for those items.
Turned them all off. Tried the torch, something still accessing it.

There are no specific permissions for the camera flash so I assume it's the only thing to turn off?

I'll try to turn off permission to the camera itself. See what happens.

It turns off faster if I give the phone a shake. Never did this before.

This is the msg that pop up on the screen for a few seconds after the torch turns off.

"Flashlight turned off due to flashlight related app in use"

Old 06-08-2019, 09:01 PM   #2835
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Turned them all off. Tried the torch, something still accessing it.

There are no specific permissions for the camera flash so I assume it's the only thing to turn off?

I'll try to turn off permission to the camera itself. See what happens.

It turns off faster if I give the phone a shake. Never did this before.
Is it a Motorola?
Old 06-08-2019, 09:02 PM   #2836
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Is it a Motorola?
Nope - LG Q6

Old 07-08-2019, 10:32 AM   #2837
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Buy a torch.
Use the phone for calls.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2019, 05:30 PM   #2838
Kicking back

I hate it when you crack a rib. Cracked one yesterday at work. It never hurts at the time, but when i woke up this morning, it hurts simply to exist. Running up and down ladders and contorting into positions no person should have to under desks was not a pleasant undertaking at work today either. Its i think the 5th one ive cracked over the years so i know its no fun, but theres not a lot i can do about it. No point even taking time off work, i still have to breathe.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:22 PM   #2839
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that little lady, would give something to take your mind off the pain, then you could post on 'What made me feel good today' or then again if you did you might get banned.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:44 PM   #2840
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I asked a DIY curtain hardware supplier a technical question, would their product be strong enough (I provided length and weights).

They told me to “ask your installer”.

No wonder we live in a country that flaming well imports almost everything.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:18 PM   #2841
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dealing with some suppliers:

Me: Can you give we a rough idea of what it would cost to get this delivered and installed.
Supplier: Give me all the details, and I'll do you up a quote.
Me: Fine, this is where we need it delivered, we're 1000km by road, we'll provide all you meals, accommodation, and fuel onsite. Never dealt with this before so have no idea of your costs, just need to know if its a $10k job or a $50k job? Cos at $50k we're not interested.
Supplier: Sure, give me a tonne more details, and I'll do you a detailed quote.

A week later, after providing a string or irrelevant information, we finally get a 20 page proposal, with installation cost of over $75k.
Supplier then goes ape**** when we turn then down.

Another supplier, similar story.
Me: Can you tell me what you have in stock in the way or 3~5 tonne crane bins.
Sup: Goes into great spiel about how many model and options they offer.
Me: Yeah, that's great but I need to know what you have NOW, so I can get them to site before the next major shut.
Sup: Tell me what you want and I'll give you a detailed quote.
Me: Ok, we need 10 of your model 5D.
Sup: 2 days later get a quote, with a 7 week lead time. "Oh yeah, the D model has to be special ordered from China, then we have to add the lifting lugs, but I can do ya 5B's if you don't want to wait that long?"
Me: Ok, we'll have 10 of those.
Sup: Next day sends through another quote, still with massive lead time.
Me: WTAF?
Sup: "We only have 6 in stock"

Or hows this one:
Me: Got a weird request, we need some safety or danger tape (you know what I mean?) but it has to be purple. It could even be purple & white.
Sup: Sure, I know exactly what you want, I'll see if we can find it in purple. How much do you need?
Me: Better make it a few hundred metres.
Sup: Sends through a quote for duct-tape!

Last edited by Crazy Dazz; 11-08-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-08-2019, 08:30 PM   #2842
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Don't you just want to give them all a jolly good birching!
Old 21-08-2019, 09:03 AM   #2843
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Flu/Man Flu! Not impressed!
Old 22-08-2019, 04:48 PM   #2844
Kicking back

As a favour to work whenever the trailer is full of scrap metal i leave an hour early to take it to the metal yard. The metal yard is 2 minutes from my house so i get home early too. So, its easy to separate the copper and steel when loading the trailer. And the projects guys did that. But the spastics had all sorts of food waste and general rubbish mixed in. So instead of the 10 minute unload i had to sort through their filth. So scrapped 600kgs, but still have about 200kgs of rubbish in the trailer. I dont care about the trailer not being empty. When my boss asks why its still got rubbish in it, ill just say because his project monkeys are grubs.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2019, 07:26 PM   #2845
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FML

Booked my wife for her Bday one of Melb's best restaurants for Saturday 12th October.

Just informed me doesn't want to go and is in the process of booking a winery she has discovered for the Sunday of her Bday.

Sunday October 13 is her birthday.

Bathurst 1000 is on.

Now completely in doghouse.

I hate that no matter what idea you come up with to spoil them, they always always have a freakin better idea.
zipping is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2019, 04:03 AM   #2846
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

You can’t take one of her girlfriends to dinner, on the 12th?

Quote:
Flu/Man Flu! Not impressed!
Turns out to be something like adult chicken pox. To be confirmed tomorrow; quite horrible - feels like I got trampled at Pamplona then head butted a beehive. The enforced downtime is sending me almost so nuts as the discomfort.
Old 23-08-2019, 08:13 AM   #2847
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got the Winter power bill in for the Quarter... $1506 for two people
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2019, 08:19 AM   #2848
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

What? I’d be fuming too!

I was told recently (by a Service NSW advisor) that in NSW if your billing address includes a resident who has been medically identified as suffering from cold (eg, a degenerative condition) then some small subsidies or offsets to energy bills may be applicable. Yet to see what I can claw back.
Old 23-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #2849
Kicking back

Its only minor but caught me out a few times lately. So im a creature of habbit. When i jump in my car i put my foot on the clutch. I use the handbrake. Lately ive been working with my manager and he has been running around in my car. His car is an auto. He never puts the handbrake on. Its not detremental in my car as he leaves it in gear like i do, but the amount of times lately ive jumped in my car, foot on the clutch out of habit then it starts to roll because the handbrake wasnt on. Its doing my head in. It doesnt help my handbrake was tightened last service ao it doesnt pull up enough to look on when its on either. And yes, i bring it up with him everytime, im mates with my manager so i get away with saying it in such a fashion ive seen people get sacked for less. But seriously. The car has a handbrake, how hard is it to pull when parked?
Old 23-08-2019, 04:43 PM   #2850
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
But seriously. The car has a handbrake, how hard is it to pull when parked?
Probably as hard as putting your foot on the clutch AND the brake when jumping in.