Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-11-2016, 01:52 AM   #2551
xr8cam

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
Geez I hate the filthy grubs who smoke in cars, and then flick the butts out.

Had one picked up by the wind going over the derro's side mirror in the lane beside me as he flicked it away, and landed it nicely on my bonnet of my VL Brock, just at the base of the screen, where the wind fluttered it around and the smoke smell poured in through the plenum & out the A/C vents at me. Absolutely disgusting, and really ****ed me off as I rebuilt the entire A/C in that car with all new components 6 years back.

FFS you filthy mongrel, if you're dirty enough to smoke in a car, use a damn ashtray in the car, not inflict your habits on others.
Smoking & driving don't really mix. Besides the filthy smell, there's litterbugs like commodorenutt is talking about, risk of bushfires and it is another distraction to keep your eyes on the road. Ban the bloody things, they create nothing but misery.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2016, 01:57 AM   #2552
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6-FTW View Post
Well my day just got better, ive got a nice big scrape at the drivers rear quarter, mainly on the rear bumper side. No note, no evidence, **** my life
There's an idea. Forget dash cams, how about a-se-ole cameras to record people who scratch your car & leave!
This user likes this post:
Old 29-11-2016, 07:35 AM   #2553
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8cam View Post
Smoking & driving don't really mix. Besides the filthy smell, there's litterbugs like commodorenutt is talking about, risk of bushfires and it is another distraction to keep your eyes on the road. Ban the bloody things, they create nothing but misery.
Its always amazed me that while it is illegal to drive while using a handheld mobile phone, its perfectly OK to do so with a lighted cigarette. If you are wearing shorts and some ash goes up the leg of your shorts that could easily be enough of a distraction to cause an accident. Also general risk of fire inside and outside the car. Its a no brainer. Actually, smoking is a no brainer. Anyone who does it is not really thinking of the value of their life and what them being around means to their kids and what would happen to their kids if they are not around. That, and the blatant tax rip off. Would much rather spend my dough on car parts and stuff for my boy, wife etc. than cigarettes and alcohol. The government relies on sucking people in so they can get the money to fund their luxuries in life.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2016, 09:25 PM   #2554
.:4:.
Kicking back

I hate having to make on the spot decisions to explain things to my son and change it to be child friendly. Lately there has been a somewhat trend of a few p plated cars in my area to hang ***** pumps off the rear view mirror like some do with air fresheners or fluffy dice. When asked what's that by my son I hit the jackpot and told him it's a gravel vac, like what I use to clean the fish tank. Problem is, whenever he sees one in the carpark of the local shop, he tells the wife that the owner if that car has fish...
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2016, 09:45 PM   #2555
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXL078 View Post
Its always amazed me that while it is illegal to drive while using a handheld mobile phone, its perfectly OK to do so with a lighted cigarette. If you are wearing shorts and some ash goes up the leg of your shorts that could easily be enough of a distraction to cause an accident. Also general risk of fire inside and outside the car. Its a no brainer. Actually, smoking is a no brainer. Anyone who does it is not really thinking of the value of their life and what them being around means to their kids and what would happen to their kids if they are not around. That, and the blatant tax rip off. Would much rather spend my dough on car parts and stuff for my boy, wife etc. than cigarettes and alcohol. The government relies on sucking people in so they can get the money to fund their luxuries in life.
I hate it when governments/people like to constantly tell me how I should lead MY life.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2016, 12:11 AM   #2556
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXL078 View Post
I can see that plenty of people are replying to this thread while they are at work. Didn't mean to be particularly harsh just to say that it sounds like a bludge of a job to have to do two bus trips and that's your whole day, from the sounds of it. Having to reschedule the return trip is hardly the end of the world now is it? I know that schools pay hundreds of dollars for such bus trips. Most of the guys I supervise aren't even capable of getting a car licence for one reason or another.
I did say it was an easy day. Not every day is like that.

Dragging 12.5m of bus around the inner city with all the roadworks and obliviots who either have no idea, or don't care for anyone but themselves on the road, while trying to get 60+ kids, and the vehicle to wherever in one piece, has some stress involved.

Is it the most stressful job in the world? Of course not. I'm well aware it's very much a first-world problem.

You're lucky if you get your 30 minute lunch break every day, some days I can't even stop for a pee, or when I can, there are no facilities.

With nowhere to store my fresh, grilled chicken salad to keep for later, I wolfed down a few bits of chicken, and wrote off the $11 it cost me.
(Having an Endocrine disorder, skipping meals isn't such a great idea, but thanks for the concern about my health)

Yes, these trips do cost hundreds of dollars - because the vehicles cost tens of thousands to put - and keep - on the road, as well as the cost of the depot, the drivers, and of course we need to make some profit, as with any business.

That day, I made it back to my pick up on time, only to sit and wait for over 20 minutes, because they weren't ready yet.
So yeah, I think that's a bit rude.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2016, 12:31 PM   #2557
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I hate having to make on the spot decisions to explain things to my son and change it to be child friendly. Lately there has been a somewhat trend of a few p plated cars in my area to hang ***** pumps off the rear view mirror like some do with air fresheners or fluffy dice. When asked what's that by my son I hit the jackpot and told him it's a gravel vac, like what I use to clean the fish tank. Problem is, whenever he sees one in the carpark of the local shop, he tells the wife that the owner if that car has fish...

Have had to think on the fly a few times myself - you did great haha.

But why the hell is hanging these things from the mirror a "thing"??
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2016, 12:36 PM   #2558
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post

Who knows... they probably don't even know why they do it. I'm only 24 and already feel like an old man that doesn't understand the youth of today
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2016, 01:14 PM   #2559
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

People.....

Every day, I'm losing faith in humanity...

Yesterday I met a friend at a train station exit (Edgecliff). While I was waiting an alarm went off, it was the Opel card machine. Really, really loud, with a red flashing LED light. The exit is internal - like a tunnel and the siren was echoing and greatly magnified due to the acoustics.

The 2 train staff were walking back and fourth trying to work it out. I think it was a tamper alarm - the kind that are so loud it makes you back away from the machine before you go deaf.

While I was waiting, a very obviously blind lady (dog and cane) went trough the turn style. She became very agitated and confused, calling out "what's going on, what's happening?" Several times while turning around...

People brushed by and ignored her. One of the train staff walked past her while she was calling out and obviously confused. Without stopping he replied 'It's only an alarm'. and kept going.

She then asked an alarm for what? All this happened in the course of less than 10 seconds. I walked across to her, supported her elbow to let her know I was there and told her "Don't worry, it's only the ticket machine, you have nothing at all to worry about".

She looked at me, smiled, said thank you and walked off.

Just an alarm? Fire alarm? Smoke alarm? Terrorism alarm? Seriously.. that would have been 10 seconds of utter terror to that person, and people just walked around her like she didn't exist. And when I spoke to her people looked at me like I was doing something wrong...

Decided to drive to Watsons Bay. On my way back an elderly man that was very well dressed in a suit flagged me down. I pulled over and asked what was wrong. He told me that he had just missed his bus and the next one was in an hr, would I been kind enough to drive him down the rd to Double Bay? Now, 90% of the drivers would be going in the same direction.

Of course, I opened the door for him and helped him in.

It made me sick, he told me he was standing there for 15 minutes and people actually swerved around him, or saw him and turned the other way.

What if his wife was having a heart attack on the footpath? What if some kid robbed him and ran off? This guy would have been in his 80's..

What the hell are we becoming????

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2016, 01:20 PM   #2560
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
People.....

Every day, I'm losing faith in humanity...

Yesterday I met a friend at a train station exit (Edgecliff). While I was waiting an alarm went off, it was the Opel card machine. Really, really loud, with a red flashing LED light. The exit is internal - like a tunnel and the siren was echoing and greatly magnified due to the acoustics.

The 2 train staff were walking back and fourth trying to work it out. I think it was a tamper alarm - the kind that are so loud it makes you back away from the machine before you go deaf.

While I was waiting, a very obviously blind lady (dog and cane) went trough the turn style. She became very agitated and confused, calling out "what's going on, what's happening?" Several times while turning around...

People brushed by and ignored her. One of the train staff walked past her while she was calling out and obviously confused. Without stopping he replied 'It's only an alarm'. and kept going.

She then asked an alarm for what? All this happened in the course of less than 10 seconds. I walked across to her, supported her elbow to let her know I was there and told her "Don't worry, it's only the ticket machine, you have nothing at all to worry about".

She looked at me, smiled, said thank you and walked off.

Just an alarm? Fire alarm? Smoke alarm? Terrorism alarm? Seriously.. that would have been 10 seconds of utter terror to that person, and people just walked around her like she didn't exist. And when I spoke to her people looked at me like I was doing something wrong...

Decided to drive to Watsons Bay. On my way back an elderly man that was very well dressed in a suit flagged me down. I pulled over and asked what was wrong. He told me that he had just missed his bus and the next one was in an hr, would I been kind enough to drive him down the rd to Double Bay? Now, 90% of the drivers would be going in the same direction.

Of course, I opened the door for him and helped him in.

It made me sick, he told me he was standing there for 15 minutes and people actually swerved around him, or saw him and turned the other way.

What if his wife was having a heart attack on the footpath? What if some kid robbed him and ran off? This guy would have been in his 80's..

What the hell are we becoming????
It's only going to get worse in our self absorbed society mate
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2016, 01:32 PM   #2561
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Self absorbed but also we are far more paranoid as a society
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2016, 01:57 PM   #2562
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I hate everything so much, I just never leave my house. Give it a try sometime.
5 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2016, 10:01 PM   #2563
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
Who knows... they probably don't even know why they do it. I'm only 24 and already feel like an old man that doesn't understand the youth of today
Call me stupid, I still don't know what they had on their mirrors?
I'm nearly 50 & feel like I'm 24!
Old 30-11-2016, 10:10 PM   #2564
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't stand anything hanging from the mirror. It's bad enough some idiot behind you with crystals or something shiny swinging about & flashing the sun around in into other cars - it must be a terrible distraction to actually be in the car with it.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2016, 10:57 PM   #2565
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post

Have had to think on the fly a few times myself - you did great haha.

Dunno mate, but it almost falls into the category of being asked how Santa gets into the house when we don't have a chimney.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2016, 11:21 AM   #2566
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

The way lanyards are stitched with a twist in the neck strap.

Drives me up the wall....

2 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #2567
xr8cam

Quote:
I hate everything so much, I just never leave my house. Give it a try sometime.
Good call JYD. That is pretty much my wife & I's objective most weekends. No radio, tv or mobiles is a great way to free up some head space. Hearing the same negative headlines throughout the day has a massive effect on your subconscious, especially if your a more sensitive personality.
3 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2016, 06:42 PM   #2568
Lunch
Wait, what?

• people that take half an hour to get to the speed limit from traffic lights
• when 2 trucks r going at it taking up both lanes subjecting everyone behind them to their crap!
• when 3 trucks r going at it taking up all lanes subjecting everyone behind them to their crap!
• idiots the take the 'bathurst lane' at lights and don't play by 'Bathurst lane' rules
• slow drivers when u wanna drive fast
• fast drivers when u wanna drive slow
• slow drivers the accelerate when at the overtaking lane
• slow drivers that don't pull into the 'slow car turn out' ( yeah that's you idiot in front! )
• this thread

Last edited by Lunch; 01-12-2016 at 06:53 PM.
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2016, 08:40 PM   #2569
xr8cam

'Bathurst lane' Love it.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:13 PM   #2570
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Elderly drivers- driving from MT barker to Strathalbyn today, about 30 Kays behind 2 timid oldies, 100 zone, very few overtaking opportunities. Their speed pinballing between 40 and 80kph, get to wistow where there are 2 slow car pull outs, they miss the first one, then on the second one of them indicates once but doesn't actually move into the turn out ��
It astounds me how a car can seemingly loose 20kph in an instant without using their brakes, and I'm in a company car with signage, so I can't give them a mouthful either ��

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 01-12-2016, 11:51 PM   #2571
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
Elderly drivers- driving from MT barker to Strathalbyn today, about 30 Kays behind 2 timid oldies, 100 zone, very few overtaking opportunities. Their speed pinballing between 40 and 80kph, get to wistow where there are 2 slow car pull outs, they miss the first one, then on the second one of them indicates once but doesn't actually move into the turn out ��
It astounds me how a car can seemingly loose 20kph in an instant without using their brakes, and I'm in a company car with signage, so I can't give them a mouthful either ��
At least you remember your a rolling advert. Ive seen tradies with signed utes giving people a bollocking at lights not to forget outright dangerous aggression on the road. My missus was followed home one night by this lunatic because she wouldn't go over the speed limit. She rang ahead and I was out the front when she came around the corner with him in tow.I can't repeat what happened next, I am just glad there was no witnesses!
4 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2016, 03:13 AM   #2572
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8cam View Post
Good call JYD. That is pretty much my wife & I's objective most weekends. No radio, tv or mobiles is a great way to free up some head space. Hearing the same negative headlines throughout the day has a massive effect on your subconscious, especially if your a more sensitive personality.
That's basically the exact reason I deleted facebook a couple of years ago. I had hundreds of "friends" on the list but all it really meant was reading heaps of drama and crap. I was over it and wrote a status giving a month's notice that I would be deleting and never coming back, with the option to PM me for my mobile number for anyone that actually wanted to stay in touch... all I can say is that it's much better now living a quieter life and only spending time with genuine people. Not many people asked for my number tbh and I'm actually glad.

I think some people lose sight of just how much time they're spending on social media and how much it impacts their life. Which is probably my major pet peeve - people that take facebook so seriously they think they are actively changing the world with their status updates. Then there are the people that take it to heart when nobody gives their status attention. It really is a sad state of affairs when people base their emotions off a few clicks of the mouse. Or those that share way too much personal drama on there... I mean, it makes nice reading to know about love triangles and legal issues but I could never understand why people post that crap.

Geez! I hate facebook... and could go on about it for a whole year.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2016, 06:28 AM   #2573
Lunch
Wait, what?

Yeah I deleted that crap about 4 years ago, I gave no warning, just flat out smoke bombed!
Old 02-12-2016, 11:24 AM   #2574
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
Yeah I deleted that crap about 4 years ago, I gave no warning, just flat out smoke bombed!
Yeah, I should have just done it that way because I haven't stayed friends with anyone from back then anyway. All's well that ends well.

Last edited by Junkyard-Dog; 02-12-2016 at 11:30 AM. Reason: spelling mistake & OCD-based requirement to fix it.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2016, 12:57 PM   #2575
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

When you are in a bit of a rush, single lane, limit is 60 and the mongrel in front of you is moseying along at 40. See the lights 100m up ahead.. green. Till you get closer and the slow driver just takes their merry time crawling along, they go through a late yellow and you need to stop at the red.

Same with people at the lights that have their head in their lap on the phone, lights go green, they don't move till it's too late and they go through the yellow only for you to be stuck again on the red.

Should be a way to install after market rocket launchers to light them up when they do that...

4 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2016, 04:00 PM   #2576
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's basically the exact reason I deleted facebook a couple of years ago. I had hundreds of "friends" on the list but all it really meant was reading heaps of drama and crap. I was over it and wrote a status giving a month's notice that I would be deleting and never coming back, with the option to PM me for my mobile number for anyone that actually wanted to stay in touch... all I can say is that it's much better now living a quieter life and only spending time with genuine people. Not many people asked for my number tbh and I'm actually glad.

I think some people lose sight of just how much time they're spending on social media and how much it impacts their life. Which is probably my major pet peeve - people that take facebook so seriously they think they are actively changing the world with their status updates. Then there are the people that take it to heart when nobody gives their status attention. It really is a sad state of affairs when people base their emotions off a few clicks of the mouse. Or those that share way too much personal drama on there... I mean, it makes nice reading to know about love triangles and legal issues but I could never understand why people post that crap.

Geez! I hate facebook... and could go on about it for a whole year.
I'm happy I'm a little bit older and missed the Facebook generation.
I really don't get it, why would someone want to tell the world what they had for breakfast? I have a nephew who thinks the world wants to know what he does 24/7.

Recently I was out to lunch and there would have been 10 people at the table, out of those 10, 7 would have been doing their Facebook updates on their phones telling everyone what they had ordered for lunch.

Don't people converse anymore?
People have learnt not to talk on their phones in restaurants, now they Facebook.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2016, 06:24 PM   #2577
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

recently I was in the same boat with 9 others having intimate relations with their phones, so I quietly finished my meal, told the hostess they were paying the bill and walked out. 20 minutes later I get a text where the hell are you, we've been looking for you everywhere.... my reply...'martians took me away, I doubt I'll ever see you again' and I haven't not a great loss on my part
Old 02-12-2016, 07:13 PM   #2578
Lunch
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post

Recently I was out to lunch and there would have been 10 people at the table, out of those 10, 7 would have been doing their Facebook updates on their phones telling everyone what they had ordered for lunch.

Don't people converse anymore?
People have learnt not to talk on their phones in restaurants, now they Facebook.
I think I'll find they were insta-tweet-texting the other people on their tables, why talk when you can text
Old 02-12-2016, 09:23 PM   #2579
xr8cam

Totally agree with those who are over Facebook. This & the Mothers detail forum are the only social media I have ever been involved in. I know so many technologies have good applications but I reckon there's more negatives than positives when it comes down to it. Personally, I had a hard time at shool as we moved around a lot when I was a kid. You know, the new kid always gets tested out.. Thank goodness there was no computers or mobiles.When the teasing or bullying became physical, it ended there. Whether I won or lost, it was forgotten & we all moved on. Theses days, cowards hide behind keyboards. I doubt I would cope very well if I was a teen again.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:05 PM   #2580
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

I hate know it alls.
Can't tell them, can't show them. They know it all. Usually been in the job 5 minutes too.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: