Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-12-2017, 11:15 PM   #61
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: My three favourite AC/DC songs

For those who find the title of this post a little challenging, let's make it easy. Simply follow these two steps.
1:Find out the name of three songs by the band AC/DC.
2:Write the names of those three songs here.

Note: If you need to write about this great band, start an appropriately titled topic please.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-12-2017, 02:45 AM   #62
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
My faves are Bon Scott songs, performed by Bon, Brian destroyed then, just listen to that version of ‘ride on’ that express posted! WTF.. it’s that bad I’m not even sure it’s Brian Johnson..

That’s because it’s not Brian Johnson.

It’s Bon Scott on lead with Mark Evans doing backing vocals and Phil Rudd on drums and was produced by Vanda and Young.

It’s a re-release taken from the Dirty Deeds Album for the Who Made Who Album which was the soundtrack for the Stephen King movie Maximum Overdrive starting Emilio Estevez.

It's the only song on the soundtrack that has Bon Scott vocals as all the other tracks are sung by Brian Johnson.

The clip I posted is the only studio version of Ride On I could find on YouTube with Bon Scott on vocals.

It's the guitar work that's the real groove.

Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2017, 06:12 AM   #63
Lunch
Wait, what?

You must have a different ‘who made who’ album to me because that version isn’t on mine, I know ride on was the only Bon song on that album, I recall criticising it for being too slow back when I bought the album in 1986 when I was 10, only to be educated on the significance of it and the history of the band and Bon, ever since it’s been 1 of my favourite songs. It doesn’t sound studio at all either, sounds like garage after way too many drinks

Last edited by Lunch; 06-12-2017 at 06:30 AM.
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2017, 06:14 AM   #64
Lunch
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
For those who find the title of this post a little challenging, let's make it easy. Simply follow these two steps.
1:Find out the name of three songs by the band AC/DC.
2:Write the names of those three songs here.

Note: If you need to write about this great band, start an appropriately titled topic please.
Dude, you need to shave off your Hitler moustache, just let the people talk, you started a good thread, it’s getting good traction, just let it be

Last edited by Lunch; 06-12-2017 at 06:31 AM.
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2017, 01:42 PM   #65
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
You must have a different ‘who made who’ album to me because that version isn’t on mine, I know ride on was the only Bon song on that album, I recall criticising it for being too slow back when I bought the album in 1986 when I was 10, only to be educated on the significance of it and the history of the band and Bon, ever since it’s been 1 of my favourite songs. It doesn’t sound studio at all either, sounds like garage after way too many drinks
Your comment sent me to my CD (Who Made Who) and LP (Dirty Deeds) collection and I stand corrected as you are right.

What I thought was a poor quality recording is in fact someone's voice overdubbed as the original Bon Scott vocal is very clear and without doubt a million times better.

There are no original copies of Ride On on YouTube due to copy right infringement whatever that means.

Thumps up to you for picking it.

Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2017, 09:09 PM   #66
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Jail Break

Highway to Hell

Back in Black
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2017, 12:48 AM   #67
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Highway to hell
Shoot to thrill
Back in black
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2017, 03:18 AM   #68
yanknbank
Very regular

Couldn't get this to work the other day......

......fixed.