Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-06-2020, 09:32 PM   #31
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Default Re: wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Yeah so what he's got a DV incident to his name - There's tonnes of DV incidents happening on a daily basis. It hardly counts it's not like he smashed her up and she got taken out in an ambulance to hospital.

He threw a chopping board and it hit her and called her a few names over text. Absolute BS charges who hasn't thrown/broken **** and called their partner names?

Neither Tommy Robinson or Avi Yemini are 'far right'.

What makes him 'far right'? The fact we questions protesters and calls out BS like reffo protection from their own actions?
No, that is you.

The wife beater was quite clear in his diatribe he was talking about violence not race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Sorry, I don't want to get involved in this clowns self promotion but it needs to be called out for what it is.
Old 19-06-2020, 10:08 PM   #32
marty351
Shenanigans..............

An innocent girl was beaten to a pulp by so called "Aussies".

In my books that would equal an equivalent beating. And the some...

Who keeps fighting battles when the war has long been declared?
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2020, 10:41 PM   #33
superyob
Banned

Quote:
A quick google of this maggot reveals he is from the far right and has been convicted of beating his wife.

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/avi...-wife-1.486946

He has failed to get himself elected to parliament, rejected by has own community.

https://ajn.timesofisrael.com/yemini-not-represent-us/

He is not someone I would turn to for comment on law and order or community values.

He is a low life bottom feeder.

IMHO
Lol. And I don't use acronyms lightly! What you consider 'far right' was normal society in Australia up to early 90s. One just has to disagree with any aspect of current day unicorns to be branded 'far right'...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-06-2020, 10:53 PM   #34
Trendseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
Is the girl being attacked in any way mentally disabled?

It's absolutely disgusting regardless (please don't take me the wrong way) but she seems oblivious to what is going on, and made no attempt to protect herself or try and escape.

It's a strange (disgraceful) video, maybe she was just very scared and/or in shock which is understandable.
People react differently to sudden, unexpected violence. Most likely she was scared and in shock and couldn’t think clearly enough to decide what to do. In these situations, as well as fight or flee, there is also freeze. It could leave her traumatised for some time, and her parents should get her help.
Old 20-06-2020, 07:08 AM   #35
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah so what he's got a DV incident to his name - There's tonnes of DV incidents happening on a daily basis. It hardly counts it's not like he smashed her up and she got taken out in an ambulance to hospital.

He threw a chopping board and it hit her and called her a few names over text. Absolute BS charges who hasn't thrown/broken **** and called their partner names?

Neither Tommy Robinson or Avi Yemini are 'far right'.

What makes him 'far right'? The fact we questions protesters and calls out BS like reffo protection from their own actions?
According to some of the internet far right is anyone right of Stalin.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2020, 11:51 AM   #36
leesa

Quote:

yeah that is not okay.

what you're doing here is diminishing what he's actually done. it's not like her smashed her up? This sort of stuff is what abusers say to justify their behaviour.

If anyone has those sorts of tendencies.... and/or thinks it's okay to downplay it as not that serious.... please seek professional help because it is serious.
It's calling 'minimising' and is a trait of abusive men.

https://www.dcp.wa.gov.au/CrisisAndE...cteristics.pdf

Minimisation and denial:
  • saying it was ‘only’ a slap or that the victim is overreacting;
  • blaming alcohol/ stress/unemployment;
  • mitigating behaviour by downplaying the damage and injury;
  • providing inconsistent accounts;
  • using loss of control as an excuse.

There are resources and programs available to men who see these traits in themselves
-> https://ntv.org.au/
-> https://www.domesticviolence.com.au/...-education.php for those who have orders against them

and stories of success:
Quote:
"I'm very proud of who I am today and the changes that I've made that have made me the man I am today," he said.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-...etford/6436126

It's important that other men call this stuff out when they see it.
Yeah it's socially uncomfortable but men with abusive tendencies need to know that other men don't agree with them.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2020, 12:08 PM   #37
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
yeah that is not okay.

what you're doing here is diminishing what he's actually done. it's not like her smashed her up? This sort of stuff is what abusers say to justify their behaviour.

If anyone has those sorts of tendencies.... and/or thinks it's okay to downplay it as not that serious.... please seek professional help because it is serious.
It's calling 'minimising' and is a trait of abusive men.

https://www.dcp.wa.gov.au/CrisisAndE...cteristics.pdf

Minimisation and denial:
  • saying it was ‘only’ a slap or that the victim is overreacting;
  • blaming alcohol/ stress/unemployment;
  • mitigating behaviour by downplaying the damage and injury;
  • providing inconsistent accounts;
  • using loss of control as an excuse.

There are resources and programs available to men who see these traits in themselves
-> https://ntv.org.au/
-> https://www.domesticviolence.com.au/...-education.php for those who have orders against them

and stories of success:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-...etford/6436126

It's important that other men call this stuff out when they see it.
Yeah it's socially uncomfortable but men with abusive tendencies need to know that other men don't agree with them.
http://www.oneinthree.com.au/
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2020, 12:18 PM   #38
leesa

Quote:
Sure... and yet it is completely irrelevant to everything that I said. It's not some sort of competition, there's no "but but but men are victims too" when it comes to calling out what you said. It's not okay, period.

The fact that there are men who are also victims is a different matter, feel free to talk about it but it still doesn't excuse what you said.
Old 20-06-2020, 12:52 PM   #39
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Sure... and yet it is completely irrelevant to everything that I said. It's not some sort of competition, there's no "but but but men are victims too" when it comes to calling out what you said. It's not okay, period.

The fact that there are men who are also victims is a different matter, feel free to talk about it but it still doesn't excuse what you said.
I don't particularly care what people think of what I say, I'm not going to back away from what I said, I think its minor and barely classifies as 'DV'.

At the end of the day what he's done in his personal life doesn't effect his skills as a journalist who covers controversial topics that the MSM won't touch with a fifty foot pole because of backlash from advertisers when the offended types start trying to hurt people financially because they don't agree with an opposing opinion.
Old 20-06-2020, 01:14 PM   #40
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I watch that video and it is not Avi that makes my blood boil. It is the violent perpetrators, and the many (many!) people that stood by and chose to "not notice".

This **** wouldn't have happened if you guys would just re-name Victoria already.
Mulva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2020, 01:31 PM   #41
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I don't particularly care what people think of what I say, I'm not going to back away from what I said, I think its minor and barely classifies as 'DV'.

At the end of the day what he's done in his personal life doesn't effect his skills as a journalist who covers controversial topics that the MSM won't touch with a fifty foot pole because of backlash from advertisers when the offended types start trying to hurt people financially because they don't agree with an opposing opinion.
I would like to know what you consider DV .You called out Leesa and said it wasn’t really domestic violence because he didn’t seriously hurt her.Getting hit with a chopping board is a different to geting badly injured,yes but what is the next attack going to be,bash her senseless or kill her??You should apologise for making stupid statements
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-06-2020, 01:39 PM   #42
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think some are steering this thread off topic - what is shown in that video is not domestic violence.

Maybe create another thread dedicated to the appalling issue of DV so this thread can stay on the appalling topic of this vicious 8-on-1 attack on a 15 year old girl?
6 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2020, 01:45 PM   #43
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulva View Post
I think some are steering this thread off topic - what is shown in that video is not domestic violence.

Maybe create another thread dedicated to the appalling issue of DV so this thread can stay on the appalling topic of this vicious 8-on-1 attack on a 15 year old girl?
That's the best part about it is there is more concern about my thoughts and the journalists personal life than the 8-on-1 attack on a 15 year old child in a prominent public space in Melbourne CBD.
4 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2020, 01:49 PM   #44
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
…but what is the next attack going to be,bash her senseless or kill her??
Could postulate the same about that group that bashed that 15 year old girl (and you'd be on topic). What is their next attack going to be? They already bashed her senseless...

That is no way condoning DV - it just seems we are straying a long way from the topic which is that group bashing
2 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2020, 02:17 PM   #45
leesa

I'm not looking for an apology or to derail the thread, just calling it out where I see it as unfortunately bringing it up in general conversations is the only way to get the ball rolling on a cultural change to weed these sorts of comments and behaviours out.

To get back on topic... it seems like the second video is saying that this chick has gone out and assaulted other girls. Is that right?
Old 20-06-2020, 02:26 PM   #46
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
I'm not looking for an apology or to derail the thread, just calling it out where I see it as unfortunately bringing it up in general conversations is the only way to get the ball rolling on a cultural change to weed these sorts of comments and behaviours out.

To get back on topic... it seems like the second video is saying that this chick has gone out and assaulted other girls. Is that right?
Even if she did, does that make it any less horrific about her being the victim in this?

Seems like finally Victoria Police has decided to investigate after changing their minds, only after community outrage of course.
Old 20-06-2020, 02:29 PM   #47
leesa

Quote:
Even if she did, does that make it any less horrific about her being the victim in this?
No not at all, just trying to find out if that's really the reason her gofundme was cancelled and all the money refunded.
Old 20-06-2020, 02:47 PM   #48
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse
A quick google of this maggot reveals he is from the far right and has been convicted of beating his wife.

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/avi...-wife-1.486946

He has failed to get himself elected to parliament, rejected by has own community.

https://ajn.timesofisrael.com/yemini-not-represent-us/

He is not someone I would turn to for comment on law and order or community values.

He is a low life bottom feeder.

IMHO
Playing the man is a solid indicator of someone with no argument on the topic. I don't know anything about this chap and I don't care. If you can be bothered really looking into the affairs of most of our public figures you'd be crushed under the weight of dirt you'd find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa

Violence should not be condoned, domestic or otherwise. I'm also not keen on psychological torture. I'm not keen to crucify the chap in the video though until I know the details of his case. Just because you are convicted of something doesn't mean your guilty and vice versa. Throwing anything at your spouse isn't ok though. Not a bit. Even if you don't connect.

Regarding her history if she had done something to those specific girls there might be a case for pause. If, as it says in the second video, this was just about her getting friendly with some bloke those girls think they own I can't see that as acceptable at all.
guzzis3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2020, 03:36 PM   #49
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
Playing the man is a solid indicator of someone with no argument on the topic. I don't know anything about this chap and I don't care. If you can be bothered really looking into the affairs of most of our public figures you'd be crushed under the weight of dirt you'd find.
Galactically missing the point!

I couldn't give a rats about this nobody, I wouldn't know him if he jumped out of my porridge.

He is encouraging his minions to view a You Tube clip that earns him money!

The clip is of a violent attack on a young girl. The victim and her family have asked the media to please leave this alone.

This dirt bag is claiming his motive is to stop violent attacks. The same dirt bag is a convicted wife beater!!

Some people can justify anything to themselves.

I'm hardly 'playing the man', just pointing out facts.
Old 20-06-2020, 03:40 PM   #50
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Galactically missing the point!

I couldn't give a rats about this nobody, I wouldn't know him if he jumped out of my porridge.

He is encouraging his minions to view a You Tube clip that earns him money!

The clip is of a violent attack on a young girl. The victim and her family have asked the media to please leave this alone.

This dirt bag is claiming his motive is to stop violent attacks. The same dirt bag is a convicted wife beater!!

Some people can justify anything to themselves.

I'm hardly 'playing the man', just pointing out facts.
Yeah bud that's what journalists do - the more views they get the more they get paid by Youtube in ad revenue or attract sponsors outside of Youtube.

No different to MSM journalists except Youtube ones generally won't shy away from controversial topics.
Old 20-06-2020, 04:04 PM   #51
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Yeah bud that's what journalists do - the more views they get the more they get paid by Youtube in ad revenue or attract sponsors outside of Youtube.

No different to MSM journalists except Youtube ones generally won't shy away from controversial topics.
You're wrong, whatever you think of MSM when they were asked by the victim and her family to please leave this story alone they did.

This wife beater mashugana is all about self promotion.

Absolutly nothing to do with 'controversial topics'.

The Herald Sun hardly prints a paper with out a headline about African gangs.

It's a Strawman arguement.
Old 20-06-2020, 04:14 PM   #52
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
You're wrong, whatever you think of MSM when they were asked by the victim and her family to please leave this story alone they did.

Oh yes I'm sure the victim and her family approached the MSM and because they're decent upstanding corporate citizens sat and and said you know what Mrs Victim we care about your daughters welfare so we won't publish a controversial news story.

Since you seem to know the victims family why don't you invite them here and they can tell us themselves?

You again with your wife beater comments playing the man rather than the ball, more controversy over journalist skipping a chopping board off the missus head rather than the child copping a beating by the kids of reffos.
Old 20-06-2020, 04:22 PM   #53
superyob
Banned

Quote:

Whatever his agenda, and you may be correct, I have seen his videos where he puts himself in harms way. Unlike all other MSM 'journalists' who throw rocks and hide in or retreat to safe places, this guy has more balls than a basketball court...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2020, 05:32 PM   #54
leesa

The girl is 15, she is a minor.
People can't just go around plastering a minor's face across the internet. I'm sure there's probably some sort of law and/or journalist guideline about this.
Old 20-06-2020, 05:54 PM   #55
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
The girl is 15, she is a minor.
People can't just go around plastering a minor's face across the internet. I'm sure there's probably some sort of law and/or journalist guideline about this.
What about the 15 year old Islander kid who was murdered in Deer Park a few days ago? That was all over MSM locally.
Old 20-06-2020, 06:19 PM   #56
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
But it goes to character and reputation - the commentator is diminished on both counts by the DV conviction. He's angry on behalf of one victim whilst having perpetrated violence on a family member.

That is central to the discussion surely?
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2020, 06:22 PM   #57
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think it was Avi that filmed this group bashing then posted it on YouTube - I thought he picked up the vid that was already posted by the thugs and then put his editorial over it.

I can certainly see how some are not happy that he did that - and if what they say is true they have a point but is it the greater evil in all this? Let's not pretend that his is the only video of this bashing...if he pulled his video today there would no longer be that bashing with commentary that condemns it; all we would have is the offender's fight-porn version of their work.

I'm incredibly surprised that some are more outraged by Avi than they are outraged with the thugs that group-bashed a 15yo girl and the many people that chose not to notice the bashing. I think it is the by-standers that **** me off more than the thugs.

Seriously disappointed at those that are trying to find as much fault as they can with Avi and the 15yo girl that was gang-bashed. Have a look at how much content they have posted in this thread and who their outrage or disappointment is directed at. Is this where I am meant to say "What a time to be alive."

Quote:
Yes the phone footage is disturbing and the attackers need to be brought to justice.
Ooooh, scathing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
But it goes to character and reputation - the commentator is diminished on both counts by the DV conviction. He's angry on behalf of one victim whilst having perpetrated violence on a family member.

That is central to the discussion surely?
I thought the video was central to the discussion. What Avi may or may not have done does not diminish what I saw in that video.

Last edited by Mulva; 20-06-2020 at 06:30 PM.
6 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2020, 06:43 PM   #58
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulva View Post
I thought the video was central to the discussion. What Avi may or may not have done does not diminish what I saw in that video.
I agree, the video is the discussion, but you rest on your reputation when you put yourself out as a media commentator. Unfortunately for Avi, he doesn't have the authority or credentials to get outraged over violence against a women when he is a convicted DV offender. It's just hypocrisy.

I'll happily listen to him on other topics like interviewing protest marchers, etc.
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2020, 07:33 PM   #59
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Avi is the brother of Manny Waks.

I prefer the latter’s take on how you engage with society when it presents issues. He is dogged and outspoken, but definitely not a bully or muckraker.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2020, 07:39 PM   #60
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
Is the girl being attacked in any way mentally disabled?

It's absolutely disgusting regardless (please don't take me the wrong way) but she seems oblivious to what is going on, and made no attempt to protect herself or try and escape.

It's a strange (disgraceful) video, maybe she was just very scared and/or in shock which is understandable.
We used to play a game in HS where we would single someone out and then chase them as a mob 10-15 then shove them around and eventually 'stacks on' them.

All for 'fun' of course.

The smart ones realised that the chase was half the fun and knew that if they were the next target best to just stay where you were sitting and not move. The mob would get within a few feet then just stop because half the fun was scaring the tripe out of someone and wanting them to run so they can be chased.

Having said that I did think the same thing, why wasn't she defending herself more? I guess agro promotes agro so God knows what would have happened if she tried to say something back or take a swipe at someone.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 20-06-2020 at 07:46 PM.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post