Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-09-2016, 10:23 AM   #1
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Thanks Ford dealership.....for nothing

wife was in town yesterday, new job, new address to find, GPS stopped working so she was lost basically, rang me and I said probably a fuse, take it to Ford and pay for a new one to be put in.....she did so.

well... no says the lady behind the desk,... you'll have to book it in and a mechanic will look at it, if it is not a fuse and you have done something to make it blow then time will come into it and it will cost you......(what about the warranty that is still remaining?)

wife said she is in a rush so could she buy a fuse and do it herself, not that hard,.....answer again was no....she would have to book the car in.

she rang me again and I told her to go to repco and grab another fuse, better get both sizes mini and micro as I didn't know which size it was, repco bloke was going to replace it for her but couldn't get the fuse out.....bugger of a place up behind the glovebox, 2015 Ford Fiesta

she came home and I replaced the fuse in five minutes.

well done repco......thanks for nothing Ford dealership...once again.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2016, 11:41 AM   #2
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Thanks Ford dealership.....for nothing

They had a choice of making a definite dollar and blew it trying to up the ante. Businesses really annoy me when they do that.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2016, 11:48 AM   #3
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
They had a choice of making a definite dollar and blew it trying to up the ante. Businesses really annoy me when they do that.
we have bought two new vehicles through there for the wife, her vehicles are always serviced there......

had to be a better way......Repco got my Kudos but Ford just went down another peg.

I honestly believe they could have said "we will replace the fuse for you at no cost but if the system fails and we have to look into it then we will have to book it in and charge accordingly!".......this I would have understood and would have been a gesture in good faith leaving us feeling a little better toward the dealership.

after the dealings I had with them with my BA and now my wife's Fiesta this dealership is finished in our eyes.....it really messed up her day schedule (in home care provider for the sick and elderly)

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
3 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2016, 11:58 AM   #4
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ Express your displeasure via a letter/email to the dealer principal. They probably won't give a stuff though (but it might make you feel better).....
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #5
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not worth it, the letter would be ignored anyway....after the annoyances of the transmission saga I think this is the final straw for her and this dealership, probably Fords in general I think.

then to top it off one of the rubber seals on the back door has come loose this morning and is hanging in the breeze, just needs re-glueing.....to say she went to work grumpy this morning is an understatement......good job we're taking a break and nicking off shortly or she would blow a gasket.

I wonder if the door rubber is a warranty issue and whether I should take it back there when she gets home....LOL, I'll do it myself, save the grief

This user likes this post:
Old 13-09-2016, 12:21 PM   #6
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been a ford man since i was 16 ,so 39 years after the crap they said to me regarding my pursuit ute and the crap service when i bought my new Ba xr8 back in 2005 no more fords for me ever.If they dont care well neither do i.I found by the time you argue with them and waste your time returning the car multiple times for a simple fix easier to do it yourself or just deal with the cosmetics if it is to do with that.Yes thats what they want you to do and sure its easier for them short term but hows there jobs looking when the customers they have ****ed of over minor items go somewhere else ????
Old 13-09-2016, 12:53 PM   #7
Glen 5150
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll be in the minority for sure, but I think you're being a tad harsh on Ford? Its easy in hindsight, knowing a new fuse fixed the issue, but both you and your wife didn't know that for sure at the time, and neither did Ford.

I'm not sure if you're upset Ford wouldn't sell you a fuse, or a mechanic wasn't readily available to sort out the issue immediately?

Anyway, glad it got sorted for you and it wasn't a major issue.
Glen 5150 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2016, 12:58 PM   #8
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Poppa Smurf.... are you still outback or living in blAdelaide?

Surely country dealers dont work that way
Old 13-09-2016, 01:06 PM   #9
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Just make a point of gently rubbing their noses in it when you go to buy another car... Something along the lines of...

Go into the dealer get their best price, thank them for their help, say it's a shame they had messed you around so many times before as you'd consider their offer but alas you're off to another dealer to see if they can match or beat their quote. Walk out with a smile.

When I was helping the organisation I work for with their fleet of company cars we would always go into dealers that the driver's had services done including those that had treated us (mainly the driver's of the cars) like rubbish before, get a quote and let them know that because of their previous poor service they will not get this chance to supply us with our allotted state wide fleet needs. If of cause they wish to prove that they can look after us, then we will consider them again in the next run in about 3-6 months depending on their service to the driver's if the cars in question experience with them.

We realised there was no point in being blown off by a dealer and never go back, because a) we needed a lot of cars regularly b) they won't change unless they get hit in the pocket. So we always politely let them know their shortcomings and what that cost them and why, and let them know we were keeping tabs on them for the future.

Only the Ford dealer in Newcastle was a serial offender in all of NSW at that time.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2016, 01:22 PM   #10
Magna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy View Post
Just make a point of gently rubbing their noses in it when you go to buy another car... Something along the lines of...

Go into the dealer get their best price, thank them for their help, say it's a shame they had messed you around so many times before as you'd consider their offer but alas you're off to another dealer to see if they can match or beat their quote. Walk out with a smile.
why? the salesperson didn't have anything to do with the service, and you've just stuffed them around when they could be working on a genuine sale to earn their commission?

I'd write a letter to the dealer principle stating that you've bought cars there before and may not consider them in future.
Magna is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2016, 01:46 PM   #11
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen 5150 View Post
I'll be in the minority for sure, but I think you're being a tad harsh on Ford? Its easy in hindsight, knowing a new fuse fixed the issue, but both you and your wife didn't know that for sure at the time, and neither did Ford.

I'm not sure if you're upset Ford wouldn't sell you a fuse, or a mechanic wasn't readily available to sort out the issue immediately?

Anyway, glad it got sorted for you and it wasn't a major issue.

not being harsh on Ford at all, the dealership, once again, is the problem, I like the little car,

no-one knew what the problem was but it all has to start somewhere, if the fuse blew again then it would have to be escalated but it has to be replaced first....wouldnt have taken a mechanic to do that.

wife also just wanted to buy a fuse from them so she could do it herself......they wouldn't even sell her a fuse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz
Poppa Smurf.... are you still outback or living in blAdelaide?

Surely country dealers don't work that way

outback mate, nearest dealership is a couple hundred K's down the track, used to be a good lot when it was private but now northpoint own it.....used to know the owner and service manager very well.....thats all changed.

we have actually got better service from the city dealerships

Old 13-09-2016, 01:54 PM   #12
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Why? Simple, a letter hardly ever works. And yes a salesperson has been stuffed around and is separate to the service dept, but at the end of the day they still work for the one company. Not to mention that most negotiations end up in the ear of a head manager anyway. In my experience, that is the only level of management that will take any notice. A letter from a name with no face, with a statement that you won't be going back anyway gives very little reason to make any change. Why, because that person with that issue won't be giving their business anyway.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2016, 02:28 PM   #13
Glen 5150
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
not being harsh on Ford at all, the dealership, once again, is the problem, I like the little car,

no-one knew what the problem was but it all has to start somewhere, if the fuse blew again then it would have to be escalated but it has to be replaced first....wouldnt have taken a mechanic to do that.

wife also just wanted to buy a fuse from them so she could do it herself......they wouldn't even sell her a fuse???
Yet you keep going back there? So if a mechanic wasn't available, who did you expect to check the fuse? The lady behind the desk? The bloke at Repco had no luck? If your wife went to the parts department, I can't understand or explain why they wouldn't sell her a fuse, but if they did, she still would of had to come home for you to fit the new fuse anyway?
Old 13-09-2016, 02:35 PM   #14
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yet you keep going back there? So if a mechanic wasn't available, who did you expect to check the fuse? The lady behind the desk? The bloke at Repco had no luck? If your wife went to the parts department, I can't understand or explain why they wouldn't sell her a fuse, but if they did, she still would of had to come home for you to fit the new fuse anyway?
who said a mechanic wasn't available?.....where did you get that from....again I repeat, wouldn't have taken a mechanic, anyone of the lads out the back could do it.

my wife is a very independent woman, she would have fit the fuse herself......does far harder things in her working day.

the dealership is the closest to us.. hence why we continued (note "continued" not continue) to return, the next is a fair jaunt but one we will be making henceforth.

Old 13-09-2016, 02:50 PM   #15
Glen 5150
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
who said a mechanic wasn't available?.....where did you get that from....again I repeat, wouldn't have taken a mechanic, anyone of the lads out the back could do it.

my wife is a very independent woman, she would have fit the fuse herself......does far harder things in her working day.

the dealership is the closest to us.. hence why we continued (note "continued" not continue) to return, the next is a fair jaunt but one we will be making henceforth.
My point is, if a mechanic was available, then someone would of looked at it immediately rather than being suggested to book a time. Again hindsight, knowing it was the fuse, and its easy to say anybody could of fixed it including lads out the back? Nobody knew what the issue was at the time.

Perhaps your wife should of changed the fuse at the Repco car park herself if it was that easy?
Old 13-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #16
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as a matter of fact a mechanic was available.....not knowing what the issue was is a matter of deduction, starting with the replacement fuse......

bottom line they were trying to get money out of a little job.

3 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #17
Glen 5150
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

bottom line they were trying to get money out of a little job.
Or your wife was in a bit of a panic with lack of GPS with work commitments, and she got upset when she didn't get immediate service.

We'll agree to disagree, but I think you are overreacting, and its unnecessary Ford bashing.

As I said, glad it got sorted and it wasn't a major issue.
Old 13-09-2016, 03:19 PM   #18
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Which 'lads' out the back, if its a country dealer there wouldnt be that many 'lads' standing around doing nothing.

Northpoint you say, Pt Pirie i assume, small Dealer servicing a large rural area.

Most service dept's overbook and flog the guts out of what staff they have, perhaps they just didnt have time at that moment to pull a TA off a service to change a fuse.
So i dont see it as a Ford issue, nor a dealership issue, it comes down to the service advisor and they made a choice based on the info they had on hand, not the first, wont be the last.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2016, 03:36 PM   #19
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Or your wife was in a bit of a panic with lack of GPS with work commitments, and she got upset when she didn't get immediate service.

We'll agree to disagree, but I think you are overreacting, and its unnecessary Ford bashing.

you see once again you have the story wrong......I am not "Ford bashing"

read the original post PROPERLY and if you still don't understand what is being said then get an adult to explain it to you,.

Old 13-09-2016, 03:40 PM   #20
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:

Glen.

100% correct.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2016, 03:40 PM   #21
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Which 'lads' out the back, if its a country dealer there wouldnt be that many 'lads' standing around doing nothing.

Northpoint you say, Pt Pirie i assume, small Dealer servicing a large rural area.

Most service dept's overbook and flog the guts out of what staff they have, perhaps they just didnt have time at that moment to pull a TA off a service to change a fuse.
So i dont see it as a Ford issue, nor a dealership issue, it comes down to the service advisor and they made a choice based on the info they had on hand, not the first, wont be the last.
so why not just sell her a fuse and leave it at that......any problems after that would be dealt with as they arise......

Old 13-09-2016, 03:46 PM   #22
Magna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy View Post
Why? Simple, a letter hardly ever works. And yes a salesperson has been stuffed around and is separate to the service dept, but at the end of the day they still work for the one company. Not to mention that most negotiations end up in the ear of a head manager anyway. In my experience, that is the only level of management that will take any notice. A letter from a name with no face, with a statement that you won't be going back anyway gives very little reason to make any change. Why, because that person with that issue won't be giving their business anyway.
so you're suggesting to string the guy along, then sink the boot in when he's just trying to make a living and can't influence anything. nice
Magna is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2016, 03:50 PM   #23
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Ford service don't sell spare parts. You should have told her to go to Ford Spare parts they would have sold her a fuse, and most likely fitted it too if they are like the guys I know at Ford spares!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2016, 03:57 PM   #24
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Ford service don't sell spare parts. You should have told her to go to Ford Spare parts they would have sold her a fuse, and most likely fitted it too if they are like the guys I know at Ford spares!
one and the same in rural areas......Michael (the previous feller at the service desk) would have got one for her then probably fitted the fuse....times have changed.

I've walked in many times to the service desk (which is also reception) in the past and asked for various parts and paid then got them

I'm a bit tempted to go in next week and ask for a fuse myself just to see what happens.

Old 13-09-2016, 04:00 PM   #25
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
so why not just sell her a fuse and leave it at that......any problems after that would be dealt with as they arise......
Fair question, have you rung and enquired as to why your Wife couldnt buy the fuse, is it possible they feared the system may be damaged if a new fuse is installed without properly diagnosing the issue which saw it blow in the first place.
I think if you're prepared to make such public condemnation you should be prepared to investigate the issue thoroughly and provide the Dealers response first so people can make a more informed opinion.

Someone should give them a call and see if its possible to buy the part over the counter. Get the spares counter, service wont sell parts, they fit them.
Old 13-09-2016, 04:02 PM   #26
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Fair question, have you rung and enquired as to why your Wife couldnt buy the fuse, is it possible they feared the system may be damaged if a new fuse is installed without properly diagnosing the issue which saw it blow in the first place.
I think if you're prepared to make such public condemnation you should be prepared to investigate the issue thoroughly and provide the Dealers response first so people can make a more informed opinion.

Someone should give them a call and see if its possible to buy the part over the counter. Get the spares counter, service wont sell parts, they fit them.
I reckon I'll go in next week and ask for one to see what happens......cant see what difference it would make......doubt it is a female thing.

I just don't understand why she couldn't get one, it's just a bloody fuse, I've bought quite a bit of gear off them exactly the same way in the past.

and I buy a fair bit from other dealers this way as well.

Old 13-09-2016, 04:07 PM   #27
Glen 5150
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
you see once again you have the story wrong......I am not "Ford bashing"

read the original post PROPERLY and if you still don't understand what is being said then get an adult to explain it to you,.
Well use little words and type slowly for me please. If you think I lack intelligence then humour me....please. You are bashing or ranting on someone, is it Ford or the Dealership? Your posts suggest with previous dealings, they are either incompetent, they were only interested in making a quick buck, or both? It seems you didn't get the service and immediate attention you think you and your wife deserved after buying vehicles and having them serviced there over the years? Yes?

If you're upset Ford wouldn't sell a fuse, and if your wife went to the parts counter and was denied, then fair enough, I agree with you. We've established that your wife couldn't fit a new fuse otherwise it would of been rectified at Repco when she had the new fuse, without going home for you to fit it? So that only leaves the Dealer didn't jump when you wanted them to?
Old 13-09-2016, 04:14 PM   #28
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as said in previous post.....the parts counter, reception and booking counter are all one and the same, the parts are sold and dispensed from there, bookings are made from there and payments are made from there.

wife was quite willing to pay for the fuse to be replaced......denied without a booking, business not busy

wife wished to buy said fuse......denied without a booking

can't explain it any simpler than that.

I am not upset, just angry, simple request I would have thought.

I just gave northpoint a call just now with a query about some "spare" fuses that I could take with me on a trip......waiting on a response.

Old 13-09-2016, 04:16 PM   #29
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
I reckon I'll go in next week and ask for one to see what happens......cant see what difference it would make......doubt it is a female thing.

I just don't understand why she couldn't get one, it's just a bloody fuse, I've bought quite a bit of gear off them exactly the same way in the past.

and I buy a fair bit from other dealers this way as well.
If they had sold it to her and she had installed it in the carpark as you believe she could have and it fried the unit, would you expect them to replace it under warranty?
Old 13-09-2016, 04:21 PM   #30
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If they had sold it to her and she had installed it in the carpark as you believe she could have and it fried the unit, would you expect them to replace it under warranty?
all depends on what caused the problem in the first place......simple answer yes....fuses don't usually blow for no good reason but the replacement fuse has not blown so I'm not sure what the problem was in the first place.

just received an answer from northpoint regarding the purchase of fuses and I was told they don't keep them in stock......I'm to go to an auto electrician to buy them.

don't know what to make of that.