Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-09-2021, 11:56 AM   #151
FTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Will AU XR8 220's be a collectable car.

I alternate my Congo Green AU XR8 Series 3 manual as a work car. Home to work and back is roughly 1100km. It's not a bad way to see the country. I just got 170,000km. I bought it 5 years ago with 119000km. Awesome cars, great sound and beautiful steering. I've thought of selling but it's too nice to use

2001 Congo Green AU 111 XR8 sedan, manual option 2G body kit but now wears the Rebel kit

1997 EL GT Sparkling Burgundy, sunroof, auto.

Our former Tickford cars:

1997 XH11 XR8
1998 AU XR8 manual sedan
1999 AU XR8 manual ute
2002 AU XR8 auto sedan, sunroof
FTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2022, 03:45 PM   #152
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Prices still rising. Although not a 220, I recently sold my manual TE50 T3 with 270km on it very easily, had a lot of interest/calls about it as well.

I also saw this sell at pickles Canberra, that's $15300 after fees. It was here in Canberra and my towie looked at it for me. Needed a fair amount of work and it's either had a very rough life or the kms are not correct. The interior was filth, then engine bay was gross and most panels on the outside were dinted, plus the front end, needed new headlights, bar, indicators, bonnet, fender etc.

Really good news for us owners of these cars.

Last edited by fordomatic; 29-03-2022 at 04:06 PM.
fordomatic is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2022, 05:44 PM   #153
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The price of project cars is crazy at the moment.

Whilst I can understand it from an Economic perspective, it's still not very sensible. Prices are up across the board due to supply shortages, and I suspect due to more and more cars being written off. This is being exacerbated because too many cars are still insured at pre-covid values, so with the cost of labour, small accidents are seeing them written off.
BUT, paying more as a result, for a car that won't be on the road for some time (years in many cases) AND that will be even more expensive to restore, just doesn't make financial sense.

Personally, I'm STILL waiting for everyone to start driving Chinese Electric Cars (as people have been saying for the last 20 years) so that I can snap up some smelly petrol guzzling bargains.

I have always like the AU XR8s. Whilst the look is a bit dated, at least it's unique. Many years back, I came within a inch of buying a beautiful black s2, with LPG. If I hadn't gotten jerked around by the finance company and then the dealer, I'd have her still in the garage today.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2022, 06:06 PM   #154
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

I honestly dont think AU XR falcons have dated at all from an exterior view.
Interior is as to be expected.
For me an S2/3 220kw XR8 with leather and a manual is higher on the list than a T Series, unpopular i know but i just like the look more.
(No disrespect to T Series owners/ I owned a T2)
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2022, 06:57 PM   #155
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
I honestly dont think AU XR falcons have dated at all from an exterior view.
Interior is as to be expected.
For me an S2/3 220kw XR8 with leather and a manual is higher on the list than a T Series, unpopular i know but i just like the look more.
(No disrespect to T Series owners/ I owned a T2)
I’m the same mate, those quad lights are the epitome of the AU.

Having owned both T3s and S3 XR8s, the XR8s get way more thumbs up than the T3s. My P250 gets the most attention of all, people can relate to them. I won’t say my opinion of T1 and T2 as it’ll upset people, I respect their heritage though.

There is a reason why S3 manual 220s are fetching over 30k now. In saying that, I wouldn’t pay 30k for one though