Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 02:07 PM   #151
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: USA 2020 Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
trump never was a polictiiacan, maybe people really need a great spin doctor , a showman, then maybe they will be happy.

he's a do,er not a talker, but people can,t see the bigger picture.
Trump

#Unfit

#Gaslighter
Old 07-11-2020, 02:35 PM   #152
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
But has he?

If that were the case there would be an absolute landslide victory to the opposition.

It's still borderline.

Seems many have voted for the first time.

If they don't vote is that a null vote or an automatic vote for the current leader?
Its not so much who voted for who. The popular vote is pretty close to 50-50. In 2016 it was also pretty close to 50-50, I think Hilary won the popular vote by only about 2m. This doesn't really surprise me, because I have family and friends living there, across different states, and they were all saying it would be pretty even.

The division comes from intolerance of other's views. DT's rules = if you don't agree with me you become my enemy.

Unfortunately it is starting to rub off here too.
This user likes this post:
Old 07-11-2020, 02:46 PM   #153
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 07-11-2020, 03:08 PM   #154
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Geesh... bit teary with the emotion of that video!
(Not sure wether my tears are sadness, joy or simply tears of “How the feck does a civilised country head SO far off the rails”?
It IS sad
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
5 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2020, 03:25 PM   #155
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Geesh... bit teary with the emotion of that video!
(Not sure wether my tears are sadness, joy or simply tears of “How the feck does a civilised country head SO far off the rails”?
It IS sad
The trump era reminds me of the Simpson’s episode with the Shelby ville monorail.

Remember the whole I’m going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. Where did that go. The trump supporters will now say how it was symbolic or something.

The bromance stuff with grown men calling him an alpha male is kind of gay and sickening in equal parts. Bend the knee, kiss the ring language. Weird and I’ll never get the mentality of people who buy into it

I do get why people may be disenfranchised and how they fell for trumps conman act. But you’ve got to wonder why they still buy into it
Old 07-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #156
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Thought it was a promo for the Gympie Music Festival...........
Old 07-11-2020, 04:55 PM   #157
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
Trump

#Unfit

#Gaslighter
good luck with joe, he might live his term out. don,t you know that the dem run states have most the problems. people can't get out of california fast enough. who knows bidens ,china policies?? big tech is getting worse, msm is a total joke. trump would have done something about these issues, but now it'll be swept under the carpet and sweet back room deals.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2020, 05:13 PM   #158
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
good luck with joe, he might live his term out. don,t you know that the dem run states have most the problems. people can't get out of california fast enough. who knows bidens ,china policies?? big tech is getting worse, msm is a total joke. trump would have done something about these issues, but now it'll be swept under the carpet and sweet back room deals.
I don’t care about Joe, I’m Australian 👍

I know that clown in Office right now is a Sociopath, a Narcissist, and has no Empathy for anyone (including his countrymen).

BTW: You can use Caps to start your sentences if you like 👍

This all reminds me of the Movie “Downfall”. That is about another Sociopath, and it ended pretty badly.
5 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2020, 06:29 PM   #159
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
If Trump was all that good as he made out to be he would certainly have certainly romped in on this election.
In reality the voters have wised up to the con man he is in this election.
Cheers.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:30 PM   #160
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Its not so much who voted for who. The popular vote is pretty close to 50-50. In 2016 it was also pretty close to 50-50, I think Hilary won the popular vote by only about 2m. This doesn't really surprise me, because I have family and friends living there, across different states, and they were all saying it would be pretty even.

The division comes from intolerance of other's views. DT's rules = if you don't agree with me you become my enemy.

Unfortunately it is starting to rub off here too.
Interesting observation. There seems to be only one side that feels uncomfortable publicising their views, and it is not Trumps opponents. Why have the polls been so wrong in the US for the last two elections, the UK and Aus recording "surprise" results?

Intolerance exists on both sides, its funny though the one that preaches tolerance is so intolerant of other views that you end up with a silent group of voters who are too afraid to answer truthfully.

2 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2020, 06:46 PM   #161
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...-glitch-434065
Old 07-11-2020, 06:53 PM   #162
sixman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Yeah, the republicans in charge of Georgia dont know how to run an election.....
Who would want them running a state?
Rear tyres: Toyo R888 265-30-19
3.5inch custom exhaust with imitation stock tip, PW Stage 2 cooler (black), ID 1000, XCAL3, Plazmaman intake, Herrod Spark Booster
BorgWarner EFR 9174
Autotech 420rwkw
Old 07-11-2020, 07:18 PM   #163
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixman View Post
Yeah, the republicans in charge of Georgia dont know how to run an election.....
Who would want them running a state?
Atlanta is a democrat city.

It is incredible on its face that the Dems could increase their vote by just under 40% over 2008/12/16 votes.

They took no chance after Stacey Abrams narrow loss.

Trump did extremely well with minorities except in four of the five cities in the marginal States.....Atlanta, Detroit, Philadelphia and Milwaukee
Old 07-11-2020, 07:23 PM   #164
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Interesting observation. There seems to be only one side that feels uncomfortable publicising their views, and it is not Trumps opponents. Why have the polls been so wrong in the US for the last two elections, the UK and Aus recording "surprise" results?

Intolerance exists on both sides, its funny though the one that preaches tolerance is so intolerant of other views that you end up with a silent group of voters who are too afraid to answer truthfully.
Is that really the reason for the failures in polls though? Its a nice easy theory to run with for lazy media, I'd like to see evidence that was the cause. Judging by some of the footage we have seen, I would argue Trump supporters have no issues showing their allegiance. I also find it hard to believe LNP and Torrie voters were afraid to speak out at the last election, if that was what was being implied.

Anyway, agree its both sides. It takes two to tango, but one to spark the fire. There has been some pretty heated contests in the past, but we've never seen it this bad until the last couple of years.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:57 PM   #165
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Is that really the reason for the failures in polls though? Its a nice easy theory to run with for lazy media, I'd like to see evidence that was the cause. Judging by some of the footage we have seen, I would argue Trump supporters have no issues showing their allegiance. I also find it hard to believe LNP and Torrie voters were afraid to speak out at the last election, if that was what was being implied.

Anyway, agree its both sides. It takes two to tango, but one to spark the fire. There has been some pretty heated contests in the past, but we've never seen it this bad until the last couple of years.
The polls get it right with the Trump type "supporters" - many of those do not care what other people think. The polls get it wrong with those in the middle, the voter who actually swings. These people more often than not decide elections. These are the ones who do not want to be called names because of their possible vote.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:07 PM   #166
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We are getting a crash course in the US election system, but one thing I don't get is why there is so much emphasis being placed on TV networks calling a state.

Anyone know?

Just heard that Biden might actually claim victory IF / WHEN CNN calls Pennsylvania blue. Given that a TV network's call is not official, why is it used as the indicator? Likewise, Trump cracked the wobblies when Fox called Arizona blue. Why is it such a big deal if its not official?
Old 07-11-2020, 08:41 PM   #167
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
But has he?

If that were the case there would be an absolute landslide victory to the opposition.

It's still borderline.

Seems many have voted for the first time.

If they don't vote is that a null vote or an automatic vote for the current leader?

If they didn't vote it shows a complete lack of interest in their own country. Those people have no right to be heard.
It wouldn't necessarily be a landslide...
Have you seen and heard the type of people who are backing him?
Nothing you could say to them could make them change their minds. They are one eyed, dyed in the wool supporters who could not listen to another point of view.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:46 PM   #168
PhilT2

Biden is about 4 million votes ahead of Trump, how many do you need for a "landslide"?
Old 07-11-2020, 09:09 PM   #169
hayseed

Personally, I'm finding this Morbid fascination with American Politics, quite disconcerting...

There's more than enough Domestic issues that are far more worthy of our Attention..
5 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2020, 09:16 PM   #170
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
We are getting a crash course in the US election system, but one thing I don't get is why there is so much emphasis being placed on TV networks calling a state.
Because is it becomes widely accepted that Trump is loosing then it harder to keep his people engaged/enraged.

It's a vibe thing...
Old 07-11-2020, 10:36 PM   #171
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Trump cracked the wobblies when Fox called Arizona blue. Why is it such a big deal if its not official?
From what trump was complaining about, media calling states early win for the opposition, was making voters feel like it wasn't worth showing up to vote as it was pointless..... Or something like that
Old 07-11-2020, 10:54 PM   #172
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It does look like Allan Lichtman nailed it, again. That will make 14/14 presidential predictions.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:19 PM   #173
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, here be the latest from the New York Times:

Pennsylvania: Biden leading by 28,833 votes a margin of 0.5% of the vote. 20 electoral votes. 4% of the votes to be counted, mostly from Pittsburg and Philadelphia.

Arizona: Biden leading by 29,861 votes a margin of 0.9% of the vote. 11 electoral votes. 3% of the votes to be counted mostly from Phoenix.

Nevada: Biden leading by 22,657 votes a margin of 1.8% of the vote. 6 electoral votes. 7% of the votes to be counted mostly from the Las Vegas region.

Georgia: Biden leading by 7,248 votes a margin of 0.1% of the vote. 16 electoral votes. 2% of the votes to be counted mostly from the Atlanta region.

And whilst there are a number of legal actions in train in each of these states the only "win" that the claimants have had is having the separation distance between observers and ballot counters reduced from 3 metres to 1.8 metres. You can offer bets on wins that might be won in the future. Various experts have offered that a lot of these actions might get very small numbers of ballots excised from the count, but I'm no expert in US election law, which varies from state to state.

Adding the electoral votes shown above to those already "won" by Biden we get a total of 306 electoral votes, or 36 more than a majority.

I am not going to be surprised if, sometime in the next 48 hours the MSM will be telling us the USA has a president elect who is not the current incumbent.

Now, assuming that the POTUS is not successful in being re-elected, and that he has many business interests outside of US jurisdiction, and has spent the last 4 years being briefed by the NSA (National Security Agency), the CIA (Central Intelligence Agency), The JCoS (Joint Chiefs of Staff) and the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) among others, where do you think the US Authorities might like him to be located?

Not thinking about commercial debts, which according to NYT investigations are of the order of $400,000,000, and a potential debt of $72,000,000 if an Internal Revenue Service audit is concluded to be not in his favour. In the face of this I might be persuaded that US territory is, to use Richie Benaud's phraseology, "not the place to be".

Just asking the question, you understand.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Old 08-11-2020, 05:07 AM   #174
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's official, Biden has won Pennsylvania and so has enough college votes. He's the President elect.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:11 AM   #175
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
It's official, Biden has won Pennsylvania and so has enough college votes. He's the President elect.
How strange the US system is. Its basically "official" because the TV networks have called it.

If what is being reported on Fox is true, this has a loooooooooong way to go yet. Apparently a voting software glitch in Michigan under counted 6000 Trump votes. Same software is used in 30 counting centres in the same state......apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit
From what trump was complaining about, media calling states early win for the opposition, was making voters feel like it wasn't worth showing up to vote as it was pointless..... Or something like that
Can't be. They only started calling results after election had closed, so it would have had no influence on voters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed
Personally, I'm finding this Morbid fascination with American Politics, quite disconcerting...
Welcome to the 51st state.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:42 AM   #176
sixman

Im going to take a wild guess that those who believe Trump and Fox news also believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny....

Trumps going to have a meltdown and come up with his Nero Decree. Tantrum on the way with full support from Fox.
Talk bout sore losers
Rear tyres: Toyo R888 265-30-19
3.5inch custom exhaust with imitation stock tip, PW Stage 2 cooler (black), ID 1000, XCAL3, Plazmaman intake, Herrod Spark Booster
BorgWarner EFR 9174
Autotech 420rwkw
Old 08-11-2020, 06:59 AM   #177
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
Complete rubbish.
Has there ever been a head of state that has put up with so many attacks and hatred from what are suppose to be impartial news sources
I don't know about 'head of state', but the head of our state has certainly copped a flogging from right wing news and some boundary pushers for the last few months
Old 08-11-2020, 07:33 AM   #178
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I don't know about 'head of state', but the head of our state has certainly copped a flogging from right wing news and some boundary pushers for the last few months
Seriously Trev.... are you bloody related to Dan?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
3 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2020, 08:02 AM   #179
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

…While you’re here, how has the apparent result affected the media and vibe in CR?
Old 08-11-2020, 08:37 AM   #180
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post

There's more than enough Domestic issues that are far more worthy of our Attention..
Agree seed, I'm appalled by the towing capacity of dual cab utes.

5 users like this post:
Closed Thread