Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-08-2005, 06:42 PM   #1
RedStar71

Default Just got my ST wing!!!!!!

Hi all
I just got my Fiesta ST rear wing from the UK today!! Man is it big in comparison to the EGA one that I got fitted by the dealership. About 2/3rds larger. One Big *** Wing!
Need to get it painted and then fitted after the old wing is removed. That may be a problem as the EGA wing presses into the panel and will need to be pulled out with a bit of force. I'll leave that to the dealership as they fitted it in the first place... Then the holes need to be filled as the ST wing bolts on in a different place. I'll post pics as I get them. Cannot wait to be the first and only Fiesta in Oz with an ST rear wing! Thus begins the transformation into a Zetec S/ST replica....

Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 01:08 AM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Make sure the rear door strut thingos dont need shortening... cause mine did (when i got the Wolf wing). Cause if i didnt, when the tailgate was open fully, the spoiler would rub against the metal. Just saying the ST tailgate might not open as far....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 02:25 AM   #3
Danny
GT4.

Jason, I'll buy the factory wing off you ok! Thats If you're selling. Let me know.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 04:38 AM   #4
RedStar71

Yes I'll be selling the factory one for about $200. As it is in perfect nick at the moment. The only thing I am worried about is that the guy who installs them at the dealership told me the bolts are a design that is not meant to pull out of the car easily. So it may get slightly damaged coming off. Hope not as that may affect the car! I'll wait and see. If it comes off perfect then no problem I'll sell the thing off to who ever wants the wing. If they damage it slightly (scratches ect) then I'll drop that price a bit. It would help cut down the price of fitting and painting the ST wing. It has cost me $500 so far!
Teki the wing apparently bolts in with no hassels from what I can see and have read on UKFN I will keep an eye on it though. The wing is actually very similar in design to the factory one I have installed, just 2/3rds larger! The wing should clear the body with no problem when fully open, checked that this afternoon after I got the car back from the dealership. Should have some pics of the wing tomorrow (pre-paint).
Cheers

Jason
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

Old 10-08-2005, 07:42 AM   #5
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Awesome, can't wait to see it fitted!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 09:33 AM   #6
whippet_zetec
Supes

yes, cant wait to see pics
Old 10-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #7
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

I put my hand up for the wing about 5 mins after this thread was made lol.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 07:13 PM   #8
Danny
GT4.

Its MINE!!!!!!!!! grrrr.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:39 PM   #9
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

lol suuuuuuuure. First in best dressed
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 04:26 AM   #10
RedStar71

Yeah Mitch got in first. lol
Got some great news today on the ST parts front! I just got offered another job that will double my salary, so all of that new dosh will go into the ST Bumpers and other goodies! I have another career that will hopefully begin in October as well but untill that happens two jobs will get me to the ST/Zetec S look-a-like. I saw on another forum that they call cars with special bits to make it into another model, "Clones". So my car will be an "ST Clone" when done. Going to go the full hog with the stripes and everything.
Took a lot of pictures today but my brother hasn't downloaded them into my shared directory yet so should have some tomorrow to show you all.
I'll do a full conversion article on it for the Forum and Tim's Site as well.
Cheers

Jason

Old 11-08-2005, 02:46 PM   #11
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
lol suuuuuuuure. First in best dressed
Will you take a bribe?
Old 11-08-2005, 04:33 PM   #12
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStar71
Took a lot of pictures today but my brother hasn't downloaded them into my shared directory yet so should have some tomorrow to show you all.
I'll do a full conversion article on it for the Forum and Tim's Site as well.
Cheers

Jason
Cool!

Tim
Old 11-08-2005, 09:09 PM   #13
RedStar71

Okay here are some pics!
Here is my "Red Rally Rocket" as she is today:

Here is the Zetec S badge that drew some fire in another thread but by the end of all this she will be a "Zetec S" clone:

Here is the Standard EGA wing that Mitch has put his name on once it gets off the car:

Okay and here is the new part as you get it from Ford with black primer:

And finally here is an idea of the size difference:

Don't worry Mitch that didn't scratch it. lol
So as things progress I'll send pics but hopefully I will have a Zetec S clone all done in the next few months!

Old 11-08-2005, 10:37 PM   #14
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WOW!!!

thats such a nice wing!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 12:13 AM   #15
Danny
GT4.

Coool. I like it.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:17 AM   #16
Tripe

Default Nice!

Hi Redstar71

That's a great looking wing, heaps bigger then the standard one!! Should provide plenty of extra shade for the back too! :

I think that when you get the wing painted, you should get them to paint your front grille either all red or just the black outside frame red and leave the criss-cross bits black. What do you think? Just a suggestion.... Either way it's a great looking Fiesta already!

Also, how did you get on with the repairs to the bodykit?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 01:05 AM   #17
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

WOW!!!!!!!! THATS HUGE!!!!!! NICE! but yea, i think your going to have to shorten the struts on the rear door....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 12-08-2005, 01:33 AM   #18
b2tf
not here much anymore

That is one very big wing. Should look good fitted and painted though - the hand holding it up kinda spoils it and i imagine it'd be hard to drive that way.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:40 AM   #19
RedStar71

Yes it will look great once it is fitted. And yeah holding it there would make driving difficult. lol
Tripe I know exactly what you mean about the grill. I did a photoshop pic of it to test the idea and it looked not bad at all. I won't need to though when I get the ST front bumper and grill as those parts fully replace the standard grill.
Cheers all, more pics as things get done.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:10 AM   #20
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Looks great! Good for winning those "My wing is bigger than your wing" arguments! : :

Hey maybe you could do the AU XR style and put the black one on the red one and have TWO wings!!

:monkes:

More pictures!!

Tim
Old 16-08-2005, 09:05 PM   #21
RedStar71

Well Car is booked in to get bodykit repaired and EGA wing removed next week. Then the ST wing will get installed and painted on the same day.
Already begun the next step with the ST white stripes ordered from the UK with the ST metal interior door pulls and clear indicators. Getting a quote for the two bumpers to be imported next week.
So my Aussie "ST lookalike" is starting to come together.
Cheers

Jason

Old 16-08-2005, 09:13 PM   #22
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

AWESOME! Looks like yours will be the nicest Fiesta.... anychance of importing the engine as well? lol

Old 17-08-2005, 02:03 AM   #23
RedStar71

No joke, I may do that!
I think that would be one way to fix the misfire! :
Depends on a few things but it could very much be on the cards....
I always loved the look of my Fiesta from the moment I first saw her but the performance is a bit of a letdown. 74kw just doesn't cut it, 110kw would be great and then with chipping ect....
Anyone know of any problems I may have with the Transport Department with the possible engine swap? Would definitly bump up my insurance :

Last edited by RedStar71; 17-08-2005 at 02:15 AM.
Old 17-08-2005, 08:32 PM   #24
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you change the engine you will have to pay a fortunte to get it EPA tested, engineered etc.

It can be done but FI on the 1.6L engine will get better results for similar power.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 09:18 PM   #25
RedStar71

Yeah you are probably right Pieoter.
The cost would actually be very high. May as well import a real ST!
Turbo install would be a good way to go I think since the engine can handle a lot more stress that it does at the moment. With Turbo, exhaust upgrade and custom ECU she would be a weapon!
That would be about 6 months away I'd say at the moment. So I'll keep going with the ST parts for the time being.

Old 17-08-2005, 09:57 PM   #26
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Pioeter's right... to get the car EPA tested you pay some extraordinary figure (in the 4 digit range) and if it doesn't pass, tough, you pay anyway.

Mods are the go - except insurance doesn't like it. But neither do they like new higher performance engines either....

Tim
Old 21-08-2005, 06:06 PM   #27
0xyg3n

RedStar71 you using fordpartsuk to order parts. Hope your got deep pockets I recently priced up a set of ST wheels and it wasn't cheap. Doesn't help that the au dollar and uk pound is so crap.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 09:28 PM   #28
joshf2
striped

whats the st front bar worth? and the cost to ship it over?
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 11:11 PM   #29
RedStar71

Yep using Ford Parts UK to get the stuff. It is VERY expensive with the UK pound vs the Aussie dollar. The front Bar is about 500 pounds so about $1200 Australian and then I am gussing the total postage as about 100 pounds so that puts it up to $1400 then you have to pay import duty and car excise so I am looking at about $1500-1600 for the front bar.
Not cheap to get an ST look-a-like!
ST wheels are about 130 pounds a piece so that ends up being $310 a wheel, again then you have to pay import duties ect....
Why do you think I am working two jobs at the moment! :voldar02:

Old 23-08-2005, 11:31 PM   #30
joshf2
striped

hmm, looks like i may have to wait for a dodgy replica to rear its head then

its still a fantastic looking bar though
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post