Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2023, 04:58 PM   #271
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I see Chinese made MGs everywhere!

True story ! People think it's a Pommy car !

Oil leaks ?

7 years warranty so what ! People think that means no cost will be involved if something goes wrong ?
Read the fine print ! and understand that they are not going to repair nothing unless they have to and have a bag of tricks that await you as well.
They have bugger all spare parts sitting in Australia, too bad it you need a Starter motor or engine or Gearbox blows up, you have a big wait on your hands !

It's like all the old European dirt bikes back in the 70's 80's you could had to wait 6 months for parts to arrive. so if you road every weekend you bought a Jap dirt bike as they had a true spare parts backup that you could call upon to deliver.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2023, 06:45 PM   #272
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
True story ! People think it's a Pommy car !

Oil leaks ?

7 years warranty so what ! People think that means no cost will be involved if something goes wrong ?
Read the fine print ! and understand that they are not going to repair nothing unless they have to and have a bag of tricks that await you as well.
They have bugger all spare parts sitting in Australia, too bad it you need a Starter motor or engine or Gearbox blows up, you have a big wait on your hands !

It's like all the old European dirt bikes back in the 70's 80's you could had to wait 6 months for parts to arrive. so if you road every weekend you bought a Jap dirt bike as they had a true spare parts backup that you could call upon to deliver.
Let's get our hand off it, shall we?

Australian Consumer Law is in place for a reason - ACL does have the ability to protect the consumer due to parts delays that are unreasonable. And in that time delay, they must be offered a loan vehicle free of charge.
This user likes this post:
Old 13-01-2023, 07:06 PM   #273
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you have a prang the panel beaters wait months for parts.
Source GC panel beater
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2023, 03:27 PM   #274
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Let's get our hand off it, shall we?

Australian Consumer Law is in place for a reason - ACL does have the ability to protect the consumer due to parts delays that are unreasonable. And in that time delay, they must be offered a loan vehicle free of charge.
Not true ! my brother bought a New 4X4 and no loan car that's for sure, he had to get the starter motor redone himself, things broke as well and he had to fix himself, even the fuel filler broke and that came a year after.
He was not happy at all with any of the service.

Other brother has just bought a New China car front wheel bearing gone only so far, but had to wait 6 weeks that I know of, if he has got it repaired yet ?

I liked driving my brothers 4X4 Diesel G Wall. but it aged fast and things just broke or played up and he got a shocking bad deal trade in !
But nothing wrong with motor or gearbox or diff etc.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2023, 10:19 PM   #275
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

More price increases from MG......................

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...s-in-australia

No way in hell is a MG 3 worth $20,000 and beyond.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-03-2023, 11:25 PM   #276
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Many people who buy these Chinese owned and made cars don't realise that even in China warranties simply do not exist (even for Toyota's and other makes). Which means that if there is a common problem the manufacturer will not honour it and simply doesn't really know about it. Therefore if they don't know there's a problem and they carry over that tech or mechanical issue it simply gets carried on to all the other cars they make with that same equipment. Model after model until they 'upgrade it'.

The snowball effect is that parts are not as available for 3rd party warranty repairs in countries like ours with laws that require warranty. Your MG/Haval/GWs etc aren't selling you the car in Australia (unless things have changed in the last 4 years) it's a third party importer who then buys parts for warranty repairs from the manufacturer that doesn't produce enough parts to do warranty repairs in their own country, so why bother producing enough for overseas exports to places like Aus? Well they don't, so, you wait and have to fight the importer for warranty repairs.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-03-2023, 11:45 PM   #277
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy View Post
Many people who buy these Chinese owned and made cars don't realise that even in China warranties simply do not exist (even for Toyota's and other makes). Which means that if there is a common problem the manufacturer will not honour it and simply doesn't really know about it. Therefore if they don't know there's a problem and they carry over that tech or mechanical issue it simply gets carried on to all the other cars they make with that same equipment. Model after model until they 'upgrade it'.

The snowball effect is that parts are not as available for 3rd party warranty repairs in countries like ours with laws that require warranty. Your MG/Haval/GWs etc aren't selling you the car in Australia (unless things have changed in the last 4 years) it's a third party importer who then buys parts for warranty repairs from the manufacturer that doesn't produce enough parts to do warranty repairs in their own country, so why bother producing enough for overseas exports to places like Aus? Well they don't, so, you wait and have to fight the importer for warranty repairs.
In which case, when these cars get a few years on them, in warranty or not, then it's going to be interesting to see if these cars end up being disposable due to a lack of parts support.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2023, 12:43 AM   #278
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: How to change Ford FG upper control arm bushes + Home made pressing tool 

Thanks for the video.
I learnt so much about MGs in less than five minutes!
The truth always hurts.
After sales support sucks.
Good luck trying to get the dealer to fix your issues.
I'd rather stick with known brands like Toyota, Hyundai & Mazda if I was to get another vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Mods; Delete if not needed.

https://youtu.be/RgPQ9eWWTNo
gkhn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2023, 12:55 AM   #279
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
In which case, when these cars get a few years on them, in warranty or not, then it's going to be interesting to see if these cars end up being disposable due to a lack of parts support.
The first time I experienced this was trying to fix a couple customers Great Wall V200s, you just couldn't get parts for them no matter how hard you tried.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2023, 01:17 AM   #280
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: How to change Ford FG upper control arm bushes + Home made pressing tool 

This reminds me...
Let's also not forget about some European cars such as Renault.
I once had a brand new Renault work van which was leaking coolant from reservoir/small hoses from day 1.
Obviously being Renault, they have weird plastic hoses which you cannot just get it from places like Repco...
They (Renault stealership) could not replace it. Needed to keep topping it up with coolant.
Of course it made a mess in the garage every time I park it (big green puddle).
After taking it back to the Renault stealership multiple times, they finally got the part and replaced it after almost 2 months.
And this is supposed to be a brand NEW commercial vehicle which was leaking coolant.
I can't even imagine ordinary vehicles.
I wouldn't even drive near a Renault dealership now after my experience with them (take an alternative route).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
The first time I experienced this was trying to fix a couple customers Great Wall V200s, you just couldn't get parts for them no matter how hard you tried.

Last edited by gkhn; 10-03-2023 at 01:46 AM.
gkhn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2023, 01:39 AM   #281
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
More price increases from MG......................

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...s-in-australia

No way in hell is a MG 3 worth $20,000 and beyond.
As soon as Kia pulled out of the small car market and killed the Rio the price rises came in, it didn't take long

Thats what happens when all the competitors pull out of a segment and one stays in, hands over the market to them,
3 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2023, 07:59 AM   #282
gaz084
F1D procharged ute

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: With the amount of detail Gareth has put into his BF heat exchanger by-pass modification ... and also his work on his supercharged BA EGAS build thread has been a help to many on this forum when it comes to DIY inginuity. 

My wife just Won one of these last night with Johnsey and Amanda 101.7....she is lady luck,last time i won something was a vhs box set to the panthers 1991 grand final and i was 6!

The Car looks good,with the cost of living and interest rates continuing to rise,its a good compromise for someone that isn't a car lover like us lot and has a low income.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11283622
gaz084 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2023, 08:42 AM   #283
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Far out, Chinese brands at the next press release: “We’re moving upmarket” where have we heard this before?

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 10-03-2023, 08:44 AM   #284
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This parts issue is not only a warranty problem either.

A friend of mine bought two LDV vans (he is an electrician). They are OK as transport & have good space etc. but recently one was smashed into by a cement truck at a building site while it was parked.

All seemed happy, insurance coverage was OK but after 7 months it is still off the road due to lack of replacement body panels needed for the repair.

He is not a happy camper.

Dr Terry
Dr Terry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2023, 09:27 AM   #285
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post

A friend of mine bought two LDV vans (he is an electrician). They are OK as transport & have good space etc. but recently one was smashed into by a cement truck at a building site while it was parked.

All seemed happy, insurance coverage was OK but after 7 months it is still off the road due to lack of replacement body panels needed for the repair.

Dr Terry
I've learnt 3 things from this.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2023, 10:24 AM   #286
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post

Dr Terry
Exactly, Nor is It unique to Chinese Vehicles..!!

Just ask Trev57 about His Ranger Steering Rack...

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11497166
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2023, 10:36 AM   #287
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Qld gov have just bought 50 mg hs prev for Qld Police
Old 10-03-2023, 12:36 PM   #288
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
qld gov have just bought 50 mg hs prev for qld police
hwp ?

Old 10-03-2023, 12:37 PM   #289
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy

I've heard a few stories along the same lines. Warranty is a nightmare, they seem to be wiping their hands of it. They really don't care if they lose a customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6

They have always been a disposable item. Built to the absolute cheapest cost. 10 years and you won't see many on the road anymore, there's just no longevity built into them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz084
My wife just Won one of these last night with Johnsey and Amanda 101.7....she is lady luck,last time i won something was a vhs box set to the panthers 1991 grand final and i was 6!

The Car looks good,with the cost of living and interest rates continuing to rise,its a good compromise for someone that isn't a car lover like us lot and has a low income.

I'd sell it and buy something decent lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry

Dr Terry

You'd have to be fuming. Does he get a loan car from the insurance company in the mean time at least?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2023, 01:12 PM   #290
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
hwp ?
I m guessing radar units .,. Parked on the side of the road…. Making use(not!) of their PHEV system.

A panelbeater I used for my last car told me Chinese vehicle parts are terribly hard to source and the owners get terribly angry.

I see an Mg hs owner in my town house complex who does Uber has seen the light/ he now has a Tucson diesel.
Old 10-03-2023, 01:31 PM   #291
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
I m guessing radar units .,. Parked on the side of the road….
Being Chinese, they'll end up as fixed speed camera's.

5 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2023, 05:19 PM   #292
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not a bad idea.
I had one as a rental standard hs for three weeks last year
Dreadful car awful
3 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2023, 07:16 AM   #293
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is an excellent YouTube video( ReDriven) on the MGHS, needless to say, it ain’t that great.Worth a watch.Cheers.
Old 16-03-2023, 07:48 AM   #294
anobserver
Oppressive patriarch

We've been looking for a new daily, and theres a huge number of low mileage mgs on the market.

Compared to the japanese and korean cars, its really noticeable.

Never considered buying one, though.

BA RTV.

Last edited by anobserver; 16-03-2023 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Spelling
anobserver is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2023, 01:35 PM   #295
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ex rentals
All the rental coys could get during covid was Chinese
Old 19-03-2023, 10:29 PM   #296
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I joined an MG owners group on Facebook. Quite a few people whinging about issues on their brand new cars.
I’m also in a Grand Cherokee group. At least the complaints on there are usually about vehicles that are 6+ years old.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2023, 10:35 PM   #297
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
I joined an MG owners group on Facebook. Quite a few people whinging about issues on their brand new cars.
I’m also in a Grand Cherokee group. At least the complaints on there are usually about vehicles that are 6+ years old.
Let me guess, that group is made up of a bunch of Karen's. In the beginning, they are boisterously proud of their purchase, happy to have got a brand-new car for the price of a used one. "Look how noiwse it is, it's got everything en stuff an dat".

Then the crappy quality control rears its head and suddenly they turn into bunch entitled moaners, wondering why their cut-price Chinese made pile of junk is broken.
Mustang GT

5 users like this post:
Old 19-03-2023, 10:44 PM   #298
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Let me guess, that group is made up of a bunch of Karen's. In the beginning, they are boisterously proud of their purchase, happy to have got a brand-new car for the price of a used one. "Look how noiwse it is, it's got everything en stuff an dat".

Then the crappy quality control rears its head and suddenly they turn into bunch entitled moaners, wondering why their cut-price Chinese made pile of junk is broken.
Young lady in our townhouse complex has a recent Haval H6gt.

Recently she had all the exterior Haval badges removed.
I asked her dad why.

She reckons it looks more like a Porcshe.

Dads wife has just purchased a Mg HS.

The oldest (Chinese)Mg in our townhouse complex which a guy used for Uber has been replaced with a Tucson diesel ,,,,,

Several new MG s in our complex ,,, be interesting to see how they go.
Old 19-03-2023, 11:09 PM   #299
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I'd consider an MG3 if they had a half decent engine - Chinese manufacturers insist on making underpowered junk.

It should be turbo 2L with manual option, 175KW/350NM or an 8sp torque converter auto.

They could offer more than just being cheap junk.

They could be cheap quick junk
Old 20-03-2023, 12:33 AM   #300
Late braker

You get what you pay for
Late braker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: