Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-04-2021, 05:37 PM   #31
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Vfacts March

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
No diesel Escape and hybrid is coming. Spec levels are well in favour of escape at each price point.
If you check, Ford PR didn’t actually say no to the Hybrid Escape,
my guess is that Europe has so turned against diesels that Ford
is now scrambling to deliver all sorts of hybrids there and as a
consequence, they have nothing spare to give us, not now anyway..
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2021, 05:38 PM   #32
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Yep, I should have bought the 2020.75MY Vignale the dealer had back in Dec, wife wanted red and this was metallic grey so placed an order ...and that one would have still had paddle shifters, heated steering wheel and heated rear seats and even had 20" wheels...
The dealer I bought mine off has a demo red vignale. Not sure on kms. Not sure about the heated wheel and seats but still had paddle shifters.

Shame you aren't in SA.
Old 09-04-2021, 05:40 PM   #33
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
If you check, Ford PR didn’t actually say no to the Hybrid Escape,
my guess is that Europe has so turned against diesels that Ford
is now scrambling to deliver all sorts of hybrids there and as a
consequence, they have nothing spare to give us, not now anyway..
Reality is, we are an insignificant little island.
Old 09-04-2021, 07:39 PM   #34
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Reality is, we are an insignificant little island.
Down the pecking order yes, but once there’s a RHD hybrid Kuta/Escape,
I’m pretty sure that Ford will have orders in, RAV4 hybrid shows the way
and makes the business case for Escape hybrid to compete.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:12 AM   #35
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The dealer I bought mine off has a demo red vignale. Not sure on kms. Not sure about the heated wheel and seats but still had paddle shifters.

Shame you aren't in SA.
I can be in a few hours.....did it have 20"s
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2021, 10:32 PM   #36
Vekgib

2244 Land Cruisers sold for the month. Just astonishing to see at work that we're delivering at least 3 or 4 every week. We actually delivered 3 yesterday alone. And the overwhelming majority of our deliveries are Saharas, so there's plenty of money being thrown around.

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2021, 11:15 PM   #37
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekgib View Post
2244 Land Cruisers sold for the month. Just astonishing to see at work that we're delivering at least 3 or 4 every week. We actually delivered 3 yesterday alone. And the overwhelming majority of our deliveries are Saharas, so there's plenty of money being thrown around.
That’s massive!
Are those still the V8 diesel run out model?
Old 11-04-2021, 07:38 AM   #38
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
That’s massive!
I could confidently say yes, as far as i know the 200 Series in Australia hasn't had the V8 Petrol option available for a while now, the current line-up is all V8 diesel-powered.

Interesting article.....

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...ntinue-129359/

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe

Last edited by DJR-351; 11-04-2021 at 08:04 AM.
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2021, 08:57 AM   #39
Vekgib

Quote:
That’s massive!
Yes. Still running the 4.5l V8

Old 11-04-2021, 09:00 AM   #40
Vekgib

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
I could confidently say yes, as far as i know the 200 Series in Australia hasn't had the V8 Petrol option available for a while now, the current line-up is all V8 diesel-powered.

Interesting article.....

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...ntinue-129359/
Yes. On Carsales, there's a dealer selling a 2021 Sahara for $190k.
Looks like that dealership will have a wild Christmas party.

This user likes this post:
Old 11-04-2021, 10:12 AM   #41
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There is money out there. Seen how many Ram"s are being sold!!
Warlock a second run in production!!!
Old 11-04-2021, 10:25 AM   #42
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes. On Carsales, there's a dealer selling a 2021 Sahara for $190k.
Looks like that dealership will have a wild Christmas party.
LOL, some things with Toyota never change. Back in the early 1990's (remember this is pre-internet), there were wild rumours floating around that the (the new) Land Cruiser 80 series would be a step backwards over the existing Land Cruiser 60 series. There was specific concerns/rumours about the new-fangled-dangle full-time 4WD. My boss wandered into a Toyota dealership originally after a 60 series and found the asking price way too high. But, he was able to negotiate, sight unseen, a steep discount off a new 80 series with delivery in 8 months. After initial reviews of the 80 series came out, prices of the 60 series plummeted and 80 series rose, and the Dealer wanted to renege on the delivery.

Knowing Toyota, the new 300 series will be better than the existing 200 series. Incremental, yes, but better.
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2021, 10:30 AM   #43
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Correct me if I’m wrong but there’s no V8 diesel in the new 300 series
and that’s why the big push on sales as many buy their last V8 Landcruiser.

Logically, this looks like a huge pull forward of sales and once the V8s are gone,
those sales numbers will probably collapse until folks relent and buy a turbo six.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:49 AM   #44
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
LOL. Money being thrown around. Or ‘money’ put against the house or owing to the finance company....
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2021, 11:51 AM   #45
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Correct me if I’m wrong but there’s no V8 diesel in the new 300 series
and that’s why the big push on sales as many buy their last V8 Landcruiser.

Logically, this looks like a huge pull forward of sales and once the V8s are gone,
those sales numbers will probably collapse until folks relent and buy a turbo six.
I find it interesting as a LandCruiser with a 1HDFTE commands a pretty hefty premium on the second hand market, that's a 6 cylinder diesel engine.

I'm interested to see what the new diesel 6 engine is, wouldn't be hard to be better than the 1VDFTE, that thing is a boat anchor in stock form.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2021, 12:57 PM   #46
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I find it interesting as a LandCruiser with a 1HDFTE commands a pretty hefty premium on the second hand market, that's a 6 cylinder diesel engine.

I'm interested to see what the new diesel 6 engine is, wouldn't be hard to be better than the 1VDFTE, that thing is a boat anchor in stock form.
For sure but clearly, it’s a boat anchor V8 that buyers want in droves. It’s human nature
to act that way when you tell buyers that they can’t something after a certain time.
The mentality driving this is a perceived emotional connection that Toyota is exploiting.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:35 PM   #47
383hq
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot View Post
LOL, some things with Toyota never change. Back in the early 1990's (remember this is pre-internet), there were wild rumours floating around that the (the new) Land Cruiser 80 series would be a step backwards over the existing Land Cruiser 60 series. There was specific concerns/rumours about the new-fangled-dangle full-time 4WD. My boss wandered into a Toyota dealership originally after a 60 series and found the asking price way too high. But, he was able to negotiate, sight unseen, a steep discount off a new 80 series with delivery in 8 months. After initial reviews of the 80 series came out, prices of the 60 series plummeted and 80 series rose, and the Dealer wanted to renege on the delivery.

Knowing Toyota, the new 300 series will be better than the existing 200 series. Incremental, yes, but better.
the next step, is for those that have bought the 200 series at higher prices to claim the new one is not better, won't be as reliable and is a liability with service tasks going backwards

(Perhaps all to justify the higher prices they have paid) i.e. Alternator location.

A few years down the track, it will be considered as reliable and the improvements will be acknowledged, usually before the mid-life facelift...

I'm thinking high pressures in fuel delivery/boost (for the diesel) may be the claim, but we'll see. (main way to get more torque will be more fuel/boost)
383hq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2021, 02:58 PM   #48
martyk54

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
LOL. Money being thrown around. Or ‘money’ put against the house or owing to the finance company....
I believe 20% of new car sales are through car loans. It's hard to get stats on cash V cars purchased using home loans, I don't think it's recorded. You'd think that this may be the most popular way to finance a car now, not sure. Lots are purchased by tradies through businesses too.

This is the situation with property going through the roof. People call the bank, have the house revalued, then proceed to borrow a heap more money off of it for luxury items such as new cars.

Landcruisers are the latest 'must have' for the self entitled soccer mum, careful lads.
martyk54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2021, 03:44 PM   #49
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383hq View Post
the next step, is for those that have bought the 200 series at higher prices to claim the new one is not better, won't be as reliable and is a liability with service tasks going backwards

(Perhaps all to justify the higher prices they have paid) i.e. Alternator location.

A few years down the track, it will be considered as reliable and the improvements will be acknowledged, usually before the mid-life facelift...

I'm thinking high pressures in fuel delivery/boost (for the diesel) may be the claim, but we'll see. (main way to get more torque will be more fuel/boost)
Absolutely correct.
Knowing Toyota, the new 3.3 turbo diesel will probably outperform the outgoing
4.5 V8 in power, torque and fuel economy - you can take that to the bank.

All this rush on the last of the 200 series is about is Toyota working both sides of the street,
feeding a want for the last V8 cruisers and charging heaps for it in front of transforming the
Landcruiser 300 with a new turbo six that’s better in every way, maybe a hybrid diesel too.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2021, 10:48 PM   #50
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

A friend of mine has a daughter who just turned 18. He purchased for her birthday present a brand new MG.................

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2021, 02:29 PM   #51
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Absolutely correct.
Knowing Toyota, the new 3.3 turbo diesel will probably outperform the outgoing
4.5 V8 in power, torque and fuel economy - you can take that to the bank.

All this rush on the last of the 200 series is about is Toyota working both sides of the street,
feeding a want for the last V8 cruisers and charging heaps for it in front of transforming the
Landcruiser 300 with a new turbo six that’s better in every way, maybe a hybrid diesel too.
Rumours however your prediction would be a safe bet:
https://www.caradvice.com.au/942320/...leaked-report/
Old 12-04-2021, 03:39 PM   #52
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Thanks to the assistance of one of our members, we have the VFACTS data again so the graphical stats for March have been uploaded now.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2021, 06:40 PM   #53
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Thanks Russ, total market has a typo error though as Ford is in 5th with 5977, not 6th with 5799 units.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2021, 08:27 AM   #54
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Thanks Russ, total market has a typo error though as Ford is in 5th with 5977, not 6th with 5799 units.
It isn't a typo. That total is for passenger / LC vehicles only and thus excludes Transit Heavy and Transit Bus. Likewise, the Toyota numbers exclude the Coaster. It's close enough in the totals that it was enough to drop Ford to 6th.

It doesn't matter with some manufacturers (like Mercedes) as they separate out cars, vans and truck into different VFACTs groups although, in fairness, I really should add the M-B light commercials back into their total even if they do remain in 12th.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2021, 03:33 PM   #55
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

The Quarter 1 Segment Analysis is now uploaded to the Tech portal.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 13-04-2021, 05:08 PM   #56
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Rumours however your prediction would be a safe bet:
https://www.caradvice.com.au/942320/...leaked-report/
Thanks for the link confirming the strength of the new turbo six.
Another reason people are buying up now is an expected price increase,
Japan has already seen a 43% hike in popular models that will likely flow
to models sold here......yikes.
Old 13-04-2021, 08:39 PM   #57
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks for the link confirming the strength of the new turbo six.
Another reason people are buying up now is an expected price increase,
Japan has already seen a 43% hike in popular models that will likely flow
to models sold here......yikes.
No Probs....Toyota just released it's pricing on the new Kluger and they are up from just under $3K for the base which is now $47,650 for the Kluger GX 2WD petrol and tops out at $75,400 for Kluger Grande AWD hybrid – ..so maybe scaling that up for the higher price of Landcruiser and it will be a big jump I predict.

What do you think a 3L V6 Ecoboost hybrid Territory would sell for if allowed to continue today?
Old 13-04-2021, 09:45 PM   #58
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No Probs....Toyota just released it's pricing on the new Kluger and they are up from just under $3K for the base which is now $47,650 for the Kluger GX 2WD petrol and tops out at $75,400 for Kluger Grande AWD hybrid – ..so maybe scaling that up for the higher price of Landcruiser and it will be a big jump I predict.

What do you think a 3L V6 Ecoboost hybrid Territory would sell for if allowed to continue today?
I see what you did there and it tracks back into the earlier discussion about
manufacturers increasing prices, people critical of Ford doing it but also
comfortable when every other manufacturer joins in.

Ranger Raptor’s $75k price doesn’t seem so high these days with a top of
the line Kluger for similar money
Old 13-04-2021, 09:53 PM   #59
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:

More like 84 now
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2021, 09:33 AM   #60
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:

I dont think anyones 'comfortable' paying more and more for any car but if the brand has earnt a reputation for reliability and customer satisfaction and the product provides good resale, which any Toyota product does, its easier to swollow.
This price gouging was always coming with our manufacturing ceasing, Covid has also created a supply/demand inbalance too.
Dont think for a minute the Raptor wont go up, there are examples online of used for new or over asking price.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post