Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 17-03-2021, 12:17 AM   #1
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Exclamation Stalled MB TDCi this time it looks like I've got it

So it stalled again this time it could only limp to a servo that was nearby. I'm not sure how long this one has been but in any case serious enough to get on and pick up the missus and get her to work, which worked out in the end, I came prepared this time with laptop and bt adaptor. Oh and another complaint is the a.c. wasnt working, which I'll test as a separate issue.

Three error codes were found one being the crank position sensor (ckps), the other an abs issue and the last one a transmission issue. I'll get the actual list later when I pull out the laptop.

Armed with that I decide to get the car home and get a lift to get the second vehicle. I feel like I could disregard two of the errors abs and trans simply because of the link to the ckps, at least I'll do one issue at a time for now whilst monitoring how everything goes from here.

Off to Ford I go, I ask for the price and availability of said sensor, to my surprise it was $43 and a week wait for road, or air freight for an extra $12.70 and roughly 3 days wait. This is a Thurs mind you, so air freight it is. It arrived the following Mon. So quick change over and test and what do I hear, a bloody boost leak, the intake clean I did earlier must have introduced a leak after settling down. Good knows how long this has been going on for.

Turns out it was the short rubber hose from the turbo to the charge pipe, that plastic one that crosses under the sump, the clamps had settled into their new spot but weren't clamping as much as I did them up. I clean it for good measure, inspect it and it's good so I do up the clamps freaking tight this time and test it out. All fixed but any kind of input on the accelerator sees soot out the rear end (no doubt from low boost and more input saw more soot production) so off for a drive I go and wow did I blow the cob webs out. So I keep it in 4th @100kph for about 70mins and then kinda abuse the ole girl mashing the go pedal working on load and gear changers and after all is said and done no more soot is seen. Nothing in the city either yay.

That was a quick cheap turn around. Missus is happy. Except the ac isn't working and after getting underneath the engine bay I see a.c. ester oil over the compressor so it's a new one or recycled one coming soon. Hoses are clean and dry so i think it's coming from the relief valve on the side of the compressor painted in pink by the looks of it.

Anyway a pic as we all love a pic or two, new one is on the left

Finally after 5-6 odd years a code is left and i can get on with fixing it for good.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2021, 06:58 AM   #2
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: Stalled MB TDCi this time it looks like I've got it

Logged codes:

===TCM DTC P0744:68-27===
Code: P0744 - Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit Intermittent

Additional Fault Symptom:
- Event Information

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Transmission Control Module

Diagnostic Trouble Code details

This DTC is set when the following condition occurs.

The ISS is the same as the engine input speed while the torque converter
clutch control solenoid draws no current, resulting in engine stall.

Possible causes are:

Torque Converter Clutch Control solenoid

===END TCM DTC P0744:68-27===

===PCM DTC P0335:38-28===
Code: P0335 - CKP Sensor A Circuit

- Signal Frequency Incorrect

- Previously Set DTC - Not Present at Time of Request

Module: Powertrain Control Module

===END PCM DTC P0335:38-28===

===OBDII DTC None===
Successful DTC reading, no error codes found

Module: On Board Diagnostic II

===END OBDII DTC None===

===SASM DTC None===

Module: Steering Angle Sensor Module

===END SASM DTC None===

===ABS DTC U3001:00-08===
Code: U3001 - Control Module Improper Shutdown Performance

Module: Antilock braking system

===END ABS DTC U3001:00-08===

===ABS DTC U0401:68-48===
Code: U0401 - Invalid Data Received from ECM/PCM A

- Event Information

- Test not complete

Module: Antilock braking system

===END ABS DTC U0401:68-48===

===BCMii DTC None===

Module: Body Control Module

===END BCMii DTC None===
Old 19-03-2021, 08:46 PM   #3
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting looking at the fault codes. Have I read it right that there might be a problem with the torque converter clutch solenoid, or was that message caused by the sensor you replaced?

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
Old 19-03-2021, 10:00 PM   #4
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6 View Post
Interesting looking at the fault codes. Have I read it right that there might be a problem with the torque converter clutch solenoid, or was that message caused by the sensor you replaced?

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

I think (yet to verify) that the engine stall and what ever the missus did to get it started (be it in neutral still rolling in traffic and turn of the key) has tripped the error and the ABS error in one foul swoop. We've not had any trans problems and I've religiously kept up on replacing the trans fluid every 2nd service, only dropping the plug and refilling to the level plug. Have been doing this since my first trans service (3 flushes) back when I made that thread about it here in the forum. I've also seen that ABS error on previous stalling events (which haven't ever shown up outside of stalling) which is why I'm not concerned as much.

She's had the car since Monday and it's back to it's lovely self so she says. Save of the AC not working which I got a quote from Ford for the compressor so I'm getting on it.

In any case it's a matter of bum in seat time and wait and see what faults. Which is the nicer side to be on when it comes to an ongoing problematic issue.

Last edited by cobrin; 19-03-2021 at 10:05 PM.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post