Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-10-2020, 05:38 PM   #1
XC50077
Drive'n Cruise'n Live'n

Default AU2 front suspension arms

AU2 SR Superpro vs Rubber.
My AU I6 time for front end rebuild 212k, Ball joints gone top and bottom, bushes not bad but probably need to replace anyhow. Can get exchange arms with Superpro bushes or Rubber and new ball joints fitted already in arms. Most driving is 50/50 urban and country roads. Like the comfort of existing rubber items and I am over 70. Any advice , recommendations welcome.
Cheers
XC50077 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2020, 05:51 PM   #2
deeppocket

Default Re: AU2 front suspension arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC50077 View Post
AU2 SR Superpro vs Rubber.

My AU I6 time for front end rebuild 212k, Ball joints gone top and bottom, bushes not bad but probably need to replace anyhow. Can get exchange arms with Superpro bushes or Rubber and new ball joints fitted already in arms. Most driving is 50/50 urban and country roads. Like the comfort of existing rubber items and I am over 70. Any advice , recommendations welcome.

Cheers
Did mine 2 years ago & put the replacement arms with rubber, as my advice from suspension expert was keep away from silicone, ride too hard.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
deeppocket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2020, 08:36 PM   #3
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Default Re: AU2 front suspension arms

i did plastic bushes in my xr6 ba, that was a big mistake, its not a race car.
after it was done, it jarred up my back bad.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: