Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > V8 Race

V8 Race Website Link

Old 10-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 
Default WINNERS of V8 Race Experience!

BATHURST EXPERIENCE (By just attending the 2012 AFF Salvo's Christmas Toy Run):

Winner is: TB Confirmed - draw has been made but we need to confirm that the winner is eligible and can attend on that day.

VIC Competition Winner: Matwilliams91

ACT/NSW Comp Winner: killerjoolz

SA Comp Winner: mattkay

WA Comp Winner: XWdarcy

We would like to congratulate the winners and also thank V8 Race for generously donating such fabulous prizes. They do a terrific job of giving people an opportunity to drive an exciting V8 and if you are struggling to find a Christmas Present for a loved one, seriously consider this as an option. I got one myself last year and it was the best thing I have done for some time. Still smiling from the experience.

Thanks again to all that participated in the Christmas Toy Run (for the Bathurst Experience) and the State Competitions.

Check out V8 RACE EXPERIENCE opportunities on their Website and the link (above left).

If you live in usa check this website: Weekly Circulars. Or Check: Supercheap Auto Catalogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.

Last edited by GT; 10-12-2012 at 12:10 PM.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
Matwilliams91

Default Re: WINNERS of V8 Race Experience!

Thanks so much to V8 race for providing this opportunity for these people to drive their cars!
Although my name is on the winners list, I have entered my father into the competition, and he won!
He has suffered sickness for years now, but throughout his sickness has kept pushing on, working hard both at work and at home to provide for his wife, and 3 lucky kids.

We attend V8 supercar events around Australia each year, and he has always said "I'd love to drive one", well thanks to V8 race he finally can. I know this will bring a well deserved smile to his face, and my families as well.

I will definitely be recommending V8 race to my colleagues, friends and family for providing such an amazing gift.

Thank you once again, I will be sure to post how the day goes!
Mathew Williams (Matwilliams91)
Matwilliams91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matwilliams91 View Post
Thanks so much to V8 race for providing this opportunity for these people to drive their cars!
Although my name is on the winners list, I have entered my father into the competition, and he won!
He has suffered sickness for years now, but throughout his sickness has kept pushing on, working hard both at work and at home to provide for his wife, and 3 lucky kids.

We attend V8 supercar events around Australia each year, and he has always said "I'd love to drive one", well thanks to V8 race he finally can. I know this will bring a well deserved smile to his face, and my families as well.

I will definitely be recommending V8 race to my colleagues, friends and family for providing such an amazing gift.

Thank you once again, I will be sure to post how the day goes!
Mathew Williams (Matwilliams91)
I love it when prizes go to such worthy winners. Very pleased for your Dad Mat.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
killerjoolz
KillerXR8

WOW..what can I say,for once in my life I am at a loss for words lol....I'm stoked I was chosen as the NSW winner,thank you so much to V8 Race Experience for this awesome prize,I am 45 and a nanna to soon to be 4 grandkids,my eldest grandson Ryder who is 6 will absolutely go ballistic when he finds out that I won and he can come and watch Nan drive the V8 supercar,he is a car nut from birth just like me.I can't thank u guys enough for this amazing opportunity and experience,that i'm sure my grandson as well as myself will remember for many years to come...again I thank you so very much for this amazing prize...you guys rock....Cheers Joolz

2009 TWEEKD FG XR8 IN SILHOUETTE
all mods done by Walter Markham from Oztek Performance
killerjoolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #5
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

Congrats to all the winners. This will be something you wont forget. Be sure to report back on the experience and some photos
redxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Just had another phone us excited and thrilled to have won. Great to hear such happy folks!

Quote:

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #7
mattkay

Smile Re: WINNERS of V8 Race Experience!

WOW, to see that I had won A prize was something in its own right, But to be part of a national competition and be selected for SA, even bigger WOW.
Biggest WoW ever is that it involves a V8 motor car, on a race track.

Thanks so much Ford Forums for this opportunity from SA, I feel very privileged. I have heard of the experience and will add to the good word of mouth as of tomorrow at work, after all my family and friends hear 1st. Thankyou V8 Race experience!

I have always loved my FORDS, always, never backing down when the going gets tough,
I appreciate so much the support that has come from Pedders suspension, (Marion SA) Daniel you are a legend. IMPCO cos I love my gas, Ian D you are well versed in your technical knowledge and a credit to careful consideration.
The LPG forum, LTD 351 thanks for paving the way. Cleveland forum, thanks for your encouragement, as I could have given up.
My XE Fairmont just keeps getting better slowly and surely.

V8 Race experience will only inspire me further,
Looking forward to learning more about our hobby that keeps it real!
Kindest Regards
Matt

Historic 74 XB Coupe GT Tribute 4 speed 9inch 351ci 4v LPG
mattkay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #8
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Can now Officially announce the Winner of the Bathurst V8 Experience with V8 Race is STAGG from Victoria.
He was the 3rd in the draw as the first 2 drawn were ineligible as they did not participate in the Toy Cruise - (SA member had been drawn 1st and NSW Member 2nd).

Congratulations and hope you enjoy your day. We will perhaps see you there at the 12 hour Race at Bathurst which this coincides with.

Thank you to all the Members and their Families and Friends who participated in this Annual Charity Cruise and for donating so generously at a time when things are a little tough in Australia. Shows true Aussie Spirit!

Gaela

Quote:

Old 11-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
Stagg
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

SO Happy that I won this prize!

I am absolutely ecstatic that my first proper racing experience will be on the mountain! Already looking at accommodation and asking around to bring some mates to get some photos. Will definitely give it my all on the mountain

Also, thank you so much to AFF for coaxing me out of my garage to the Christmas Charity Cruise, to head down to Geelong and make plenty of new friends.

Looking forward to February next year! Bring it on!!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8
Donating Member3

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagg View Post
SO Happy that I won this prize!

Looking forward to February next year! Bring it on!!
Congrats what an awesome prize a motoring experience memory that will last a life time.
Thanks to V8Race for there support and GT for organising the prize.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #11
XWdarcy
XW Fairmont

Just want to thank AFF and V8 Race for selecting me as the WA winner. Very generous prize for very little outlay (none!) Can't wait to give a V8 with a bit more punch and poise than my old girl a fang around a race circuit. Best early Christmas present ever!!
XWdarcy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #12
Matwilliams91

Hi, Victorian winner here, just wondering when we were getting the call to arrange a day for te drive?
Thanks!
Matwilliams91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #13
V8Race
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone!
Thanks to everyone who entered the competition and congratulations to the winners.
All vouchers have been express posted today so you will have them shortly.
If anyone is still looking for Christmas ideas please visit http://www.v8race.com/ and check out our specials for each track.
Thanks again for entering and all of us at V8Race hope everyone has a fantastic and safe Christmas and New Years.
Hope to see you at the track soon!
V8Race is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: