Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-09-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
FORDavid

Default Any pics/instructions on taking a door apart?

Does anyone have an pics and/or instructions on taking a door apart.

I want to attempt to replace my rear door actuator but i need to get the actuator out of the door.

Ideas anyone?

Cheers
FORDavid

FORDavid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDavid
Does anyone have an pics and/or instructions on taking a door apart.

I want to attempt to replace my rear door actuator but i need to get the actuator out of the door.

Ideas anyone?

Cheers
FORDavid
Hi FORDavid,

1. Pull out a plastic cap on the door trim somewhere above between the arm rest and the mirror. Undo the bolt underneath it.
2. Unscrew the screws around the edges of the trim where it connects to the door.
3. Remove the power window unit (or plastic insert if that's what's there in place of power window) and undo the bolt connecting the arm-rest bit onto the door frame.
4. Pull out the plastic door handle surround trim (edit: there may be a bolt underneath it).
5. Carefully pull the door trim off, keeping in mind that any courtesy light will be attached by a wire and you'll need to remove the bulb to take it fully off the door.

These steps are going on memory and how it's done in a Ghia, hope they help.

Andrew.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

/\ /\ /\
What he said
TE 50 #72 Blueprint & TS 50 #105 Blueprint
:
FTE72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2019, 12:00 AM   #4
asimplelife
mechanical novice hopeful
Donating Member2

Default Re: and what not to do :)

Just thought I'd add a few notes for any novices like me who can make even the simplest of jobs...difficult

1 - You don’t need to remove the door trim if you just want to get at the window switches - and when removing that switch panel I found it easier to lever it up from the back

2 - Don’t break the mirror adjustment switch when removing - and lots of little bits will fall out when you do so - when I levered mine out before I removed the door trim I only got the plastic top bit - the rest stayed under the trim - maybe I was just unlucky and it was already almost broken - well it's totally !@#$%^ now - and I was working on gravel - in future I would not try to lever this switch out until after I removed the door trim - so I could see both sides while working on it - oh...and I'd do it over concrete - fortunately for me I have a spare...had a spare

3 - Don’t break off the speaker cover - it seems like it wants to come off - but there is no need to remove it - there is one screw from the back that has to be undone first - again fortunately I've got a spare

If you avoid those things...and follow the advice above...remove the door lock button...remove the 3 small screws at the bottom and side...and the 2 x 10mm bolts that are revealed from behind plastic bits (one of these you can't get a 1/2" drive socket on...so I used a 3/8" drive set) the rest just unclips fairly easily.

Last edited by asimplelife; 26-02-2019 at 12:08 AM.
asimplelife is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2019, 11:01 AM   #5
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 
Default Re: Any pics/instructions on taking a door apart?

Look in the Tech Resources area (link on the title bar)

AFF Technical Resources > Content > Technical Documents - General > AU Falcon

HOW TO: AU Door Actuator replacement (supplied by Grandpa_Spec_AU)

You're welcome.

Old 26-02-2019, 09:00 PM   #6
asimplelife
mechanical novice hopeful
Donating Member2

Default Re: Any pics/instructions on taking a door apart?

Sorry. My search didn't pick that up. I will try to always check there first before posting something else.
asimplelife is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post