Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-11-2006, 10:38 PM   #1
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 
Default Subtle Bling (if thats possible)

Thought I would post a couple pics of my latest mod done yesterday.

Was a little bit of work, but I'm happy with the results :1syellow1

Cost $121.00 from Ford Spare Parts (oh yeah, its the LS Ghia Boot Garnish)...

Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 11:40 PM   #2
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my brother is gonna see at work if the sedan handle is the same as the hatch, if so.... well... you know the rest of the story

lookin good russ
Old 22-11-2006, 01:04 AM   #3
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Cheers. Not a huge change, but enough to make it unique
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles

Old 22-11-2006, 10:02 AM   #4
Conquest_Tsi

If/When you do the handles will match it all up quite nicely

Nice!
Conquest_Tsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #5
BlackLS

Was your rear bumper strip colour coded with the bodykit?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 03:15 PM   #6
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Was your rear bumper strip colour coded with the bodykit?
Are you referring to the bottom plastic part? If so, no, it wasn't colour colour coded. Have been thinking of a good colour to paint it....ideas??

Last edited by #Russ#Es#; 22-11-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old 22-11-2006, 03:38 PM   #7
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

BTW, if anyone wants to buy a brand new 'ZETEC' badge (never been used), please PM me. I will have one for sale shortly.

Old 22-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #8
FESTEC

Was it very hard to fit and what was involved to do it mate??????
Looks real nice by the way much better than the painted one....
FESTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 04:08 PM   #9
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
Are you referring to the bottom plastic part? If so, no, it wasn't colour colour coded. Have been thinking of a good colour to paint it....ideas??
No, the thing that you lean against to get something out the boot.
Old 22-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #10
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
No, the thing that you lean against to get something out the boot.
Oh...yes, that was colour coded, as it should be with the LX.

Further to my sale of the ZETEC badge, I also have used FOCUS and LX badges if anyone wants them too...and no, I wasn't planning on putting the ZETEC badge on my car, it came with another badge that will be added to the rear very shortly...

Old 22-11-2006, 07:42 PM   #11
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks like the chrome handle is the same for teh hatch and sedan... i'll double check at my local ford dealer
Old 22-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #12
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FESTEC
Was it very hard to fit and what was involved to do it mate??????
Looks real nice by the way much better than the painted one....
It was a little painful to remove, thanks partly due to the number plate cover on my Focus...was a little annoying to remove!

You have to be very careful pulling the old one off. It has 4 bolts holding it on (easy), but it also has one lug on either end of the garnish that takes some persuading to remove. Just have to take your time.

The number plate lights just have screws to hold them in so they're easy. The boot button grommet also just pushes straight through.

The thing that will take the longest is removing all those annoying plastic screws from the boot lining.

Old 22-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #13
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec20
looks like the chrome handle is the same for teh hatch and sedan... i'll double check at my local ford dealer
Good to hear. Keep us posted

Old 23-11-2006, 12:01 PM   #14
BlackLS

Quote:
Oh...yes, that was colour coded, as it should be with the LX.

Further to my sale of the ZETEC badge, I also have used FOCUS and LX badges if anyone wants them too...and no, I wasn't planning on putting the ZETEC badge on my car, it came with another badge that will be added to the rear very shortly...
Mine wasn't, only the side strips were.

Just having a look on the Ford website, it looks like the sedan is colour coded, the hatch isn't :(
Old 23-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #15
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Mine wasn't, only the side strips were.

Just having a look on the Ford website, it looks like the sedan is colour coded, the hatch isn't :(
Well maybe you should have bought a sedan :hihi:

Old 23-11-2006, 04:43 PM   #16
kenny21
This is really me :)

that body kit looks pretty damn good havnt seen one on a sedan before. Im gettin a sedan focus soon and i wanna put a kit wheels lower it and then do some stuff to give it some more balls, even though standard they go pretty hard but some more never hurts. Yours would look awsome with that kit lowered and some wheels.
kenny21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 05:14 PM   #17
Conquest_Tsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny21
that body kit looks pretty damn good havnt seen one on a sedan before. Im gettin a sedan focus soon and i wanna put a kit wheels lower it and then do some stuff to give it some more balls, even though standard they go pretty hard but some more never hurts. Yours would look awsome with that kit lowered and some wheels.
FYI its factory bought/fitted kit. Russ' car has been lowered below stock ride height also.
Conquest_Tsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 09:31 PM   #18
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny21
Yes, as mentioned this is the factory kit.

Mine is a fair bit lower than standard, which can be fun at times with the bodykit...but worth it!!

You can never have enough power!! Looking at the John Bowe Performance system atm...

Bigger wheels are on the list.

Old 24-11-2006, 12:19 AM   #19
BlackLS

Quote:
Well maybe you should have bought a sedan :hihi:
I know don't rub it in :'(
Old 24-11-2006, 12:43 AM   #20
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
I know don't rub it in :'(
*In the voice of 'Fat Bast*rd'

"Mmmmmm, look at my sexxxxy body. You knows you want it" :

Old 24-11-2006, 01:07 AM   #21
BlackLS

Unfortunately, my neck does look like a v****a
Old 24-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #22
BlackLS

Issac, how'd it fit ;)
Old 24-11-2006, 03:40 PM   #23
BlackLS