Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 
Default Focus Paint + Wheel care

I thought it might be helpful to have a central place to post any tips, advise or products on anything Focus detailing. Although everyone doesn't have the time/money to keep their Focus in showroom condition, learning the right way to wash and detail the car can save a lot of money in the long run and save yourself some work.

I found a heap of really handy tips here:http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...ed-thread.html
Plenty in there are common sense, but I guess we get in a habit of washing/detailing a car in a certain way and don't think about what we're doing at times.

Wash tip: Many people know already, but using the two bucket method is a must. A cheap way to minimise swirl marks. More about the two bucket method here: http://www.articlealley.com/article_1582275_31.html

Wash tip: clean the wheels first - you want water to be sitting on the paint for as little time as possible to reduce the risk of water marks. I also find washing the remainder of the car a lot less of a drag when you get the most fiddly cleaning done first. Just remember to rinse your buckets out well before moving onto the paint.

Wash tip: the thing to remember when washing and drying your car is the less you actually touch the car, the better. There are plenty of detergent foamers on the market, many are expensive. I bought a garden sprayer from Big W and put my car wash in that (and use it only for washing the car), as well as use two buckets. I use it to get behind the spokes of my wheels, as well as in the guards (which isn't easy on a lowered car!). After the wheels are clean, I wet the roof and soak that with soap. I clean with a lambs wool mitt, rinse off, then do the windows only. Wipe, rinse, then wash above and below the door mould in the same way. Wash the dirtiest part of the car last, but don't use the same mitt/chamois/etc to clean the paint as the wheels.

Detailing tip: Although I haven't used every product out there and don't mean to make this sound like I work for them, but I can definitely vouch for Aerospace 303 Protectant for the rubber and plastic trim around the doors. The rubber especially fades a little with sun and washing - I've used this protectant once, over 2 months ago, and the rubber still looks great. My car stays under cover a lot though, so the more its in the weather, the more you use.

Please add your own tips or advise. If there are any particular products that you find work well with your Focus, please post it here. If mods want to sticky, please feel free.

Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Good tips - Im going to steal your idea about the sprayer, sounds good.
In terms of products, my 2 fav products to use are McGuiars wet look wax, especially if you have a day to use their paint cleaner and polish prior, the finish it gives it BRILLIANT.

My other must have product is So Easy for the tyres. at about $11 a can it lasts for ages, but most important, the tyres stay shiny for longer than any other product that I have used.
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Worth a bump to bring this to the top of the threads. I must admit I have trouble keeping the wheels dry if I do them first...

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2010, 12:57 AM   #4
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of my favorite products is the Megiures Clay Bay, I didnt belive what they claimed about this product but my car lives outside & the weather gives it a hiding, my paint had a textured finish & felt like sandpaper. It also was covered all over on tar spots from roadwork.

So washed I the car, cleaned the tar off with turps & the followed up with the Clay bar & Meguires "colourX" polish.

The paint is now so smooth & shiny it got its first trophy for runner up at the Small Ford Car Club Concorse Day In the "Best Modern Category" up against some stiff competition.

If you havent tried a clay bar yet, they are as good as they say they are, its not a gymmic.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
Conquest_Tsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale
One of my favorite products is the Megiures Clay Bay, I didnt belive what they claimed about this product but my car lives outside & the weather gives it a hiding, my paint had a textured finish & felt like sandpaper. It also was covered all over on tar spots from roadwork.

So washed I the car, cleaned the tar off with turps & the followed up with the Clay bar & Meguires "colourX" polish.

The paint is now so smooth & shiny it got its first trophy for runner up at the Small Ford Car Club Concorse Day In the "Best Modern Category" up against some stiff competition.

If you havent tried a clay bar yet, they are as good as they say they are, its not a gymmic.
Clay bars are great, i worked as a car detailer (albeilt for one day!) and the clay bars are always used to remove any crap off the paint.
Conquest_Tsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #6
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
Worth a bump to bring this to the top of the threads. I must admit I have trouble keeping the wheels dry if I do them first...
Thanks for the bump.

I wash the wheels, then the paint, then dress the tyres/plastic/rubber after the car has been chamoised. Just means you're not washing away some of the protectant you've just applied.

Quote:

I've done a little research on clays bars and agree they do live up to their claims. Plenty of really good videos on youtube about claying too if you're unsure on how they work. Look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9kcqo5kYpY

Do you have any close up shots of before and after with the clay bar Neale? Please feel free to post if you do.

I'm planning on grabbing a whole heap of car care stuff from a site sponsor in the coming months so would love to see the results other people are getting.
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles

Old 08-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #7
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

With the unpredictible weather in Mebourne and no car shows for me until Feb, I haven't put too much effort into washing my car. It is in serious need of a clean and detail.

Here is what I do when I'm washing and detailing my car for a local show. I usally give myself 2 days to do all this.

Exterior

1. Wet the car - Give the car a good soaking of water before doing anything else to give the dirt some time to soak up the water and make removing it a little easier.

2. Cleaning the Wheels - I've used both armourall and autoglym wheels cleaners and althrough both make it a little easier to scrub off the dirt. The end result is no different to just washing with a cloth and a little Jiff with water. I use a brush to get around the inner edges of the wheels but make sure the brustles are not too hard or wire as you don't want to scratch. (I usally have to roll the car back to gert around the calipers, but better to take the wheels off entirely).

3. Under the bonnet - I usally give the engine bay a light rinse and use an old tooth brush to get into the nooks and crannys.

4. Wash the body - Since we have only been able to start washing our cars at home recently, I have mostly been using the soap at the local car wash. However I've started using some Armourall stuff and it seems to work OK.

5. Chamois the car - Remove as much of the water off the car as quickly as you can. Don't forget to open the doors and boot to get into those hard to reach areas where water will build up. I use some cheap thing I bought from Safeway, I highly recommend finding a better product!

6. Clay bar - This time I'm using Meguires detailer and clay bar. Give the car a real good soaking with the detailer and go over the body work with the clay bar, applying very little pressure. Remember to break the bar up into small blocks so that you don't waste it all at once. Wipe the remaining detailer off with a micro-fiber cloth.

7. Polish - I'm currently using Autoglym's Ultra Deep shine which I think works a treat. I apply the polish in small amounts to a Meguires foam pad and then wipe off with another micro-fiber cloth (I have these cloths labelled so that I don't mix then up). My car is in need of a buff through which I've need tried.

8. Wax - Again I used to use the stuff at the car wash which i just sprayed on but I havn't tried anythign at home yet. Been looking at the Armourall Butter Wax as advertised on TV.

9. Wheel Protectant - Use alot of Armourall wheel protectant reduces the brake dust buildup however it can make the wheels look worse if you don't apply a couple of layers. I havn't tried any other products for this.

10. Tire shine - I've used Armourall, 5 star and Autoglym for tyre shine, however I've found the Autoglym stuff to be the best. But don't use tyre shine if you have white paint on the wheels (either sidewalls or lettering) as the tyre shine turns it a dirty yellow very quickly.

11. Exhaust polish - Sorry I can't name the brand of the top of my head but it comes in a large yellow tin. Basiclly you tear a small part of teh poish filled cloth-like material form the tin and wipe over the exhaust tips and or and other chome-metals you might have. Then wipe off with a microfiber cloth.

12. Windows - I've tried both Armourall and Autoglym for this on a microfiber cloth however I've foudn that the Armourall leaves alot less of a swirl than the other.

13. Silicon everything - Usually once I'm at the show I will go over all the black window surrounds, bumper grill windscreen washers & engine plastics with a bit of silicon. Agian I use the Autoglym Tyre Shine.

Interior

1. Vacume - Take out all the carpet mats and vacume as much of the interior as you can. Try to advoid the plastics as the vacume cleaner tip will scratch. Then vacume the carpet mats.

2. Clean - I use kitten carpet cleaner for the floor mats and if needed on the floors them sleves. Just spray it on. leave it for a few moments to soak up the dirt and wipe off with a cloth.

3. Plastics - I've been very careful when dealing with plastics as I know of some products which actually harden the plastic to give it a shine but in doing so the plastic will crack in time. Currently I mostly just wipe with a damp cloth however where needed I have a small pink bottle (Whose name I've forgotten) to spray onto a cloth and wipe.

OK. Now I think I've got everything covered???
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #8
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor82
With the unpredictible weather in Mebourne and no car shows for me until Feb, I haven't put too much effort into washing my car. It is in serious need of a clean and detail.

Here is what I do when I'm washing and detailing my car for a local show. I usally give myself 2 days to do all this.

Exterior

1. Wet the car - Give the car a good soaking of water before doing anything else to give the dirt some time to soak up the water and make removing it a little easier.

2. Cleaning the Wheels - I've used both armourall and autoglym wheels cleaners and althrough both make it a little easier to scrub off the dirt. The end result is no different to just washing with a cloth and a little Jiff with water. I use a brush to get around the inner edges of the wheels but make sure the brustles are not too hard or wire as you don't want to scratch. (I usally have to roll the car back to gert around the calipers, but better to take the wheels off entirely).

3. Under the bonnet - I usally give the engine bay a light rinse and use an old tooth brush to get into the nooks and crannys.

4. Wash the body - Since we have only been able to start washing our cars at home recently, I have mostly been using the soap at the local car wash. However I've started using some Armourall stuff and it seems to work OK.

5. Chamois the car - Remove as much of the water off the car as quickly as you can. Don't forget to open the doors and boot to get into those hard to reach areas where water will build up. I use some cheap thing I bought from Safeway, I highly recommend finding a better product!

6. Clay bar - This time I'm using Meguires detailer and clay bar. Give the car a real good soaking with the detailer and go over the body work with the clay bar, applying very little pressure. Remember to break the bar up into small blocks so that you don't waste it all at once. Wipe the remaining detailer off with a micro-fiber cloth.

7. Polish - I'm currently using Autoglym's Ultra Deep shine which I think works a treat. I apply the polish in small amounts to a Meguires foam pad and then wipe off with another micro-fiber cloth (I have these cloths labelled so that I don't mix then up). My car is in need of a buff through which I've need tried.

8. Wax - Again I used to use the stuff at the car wash which i just sprayed on but I havn't tried anythign at home yet. Been looking at the Armourall Butter Wax as advertised on TV.

9. Wheel Protectant - Use alot of Armourall wheel protectant reduces the brake dust buildup however it can make the wheels look worse if you don't apply a couple of layers. I havn't tried any other products for this.

10. Tire shine - I've used Armourall, 5 star and Autoglym for tyre shine, however I've found the Autoglym stuff to be the best. But don't use tyre shine if you have white paint on the wheels (either sidewalls or lettering) as the tyre shine turns it a dirty yellow very quickly.

11. Exhaust polish - Sorry I can't name the brand of the top of my head but it comes in a large yellow tin. Basiclly you tear a small part of teh poish filled cloth-like material form the tin and wipe over the exhaust tips and or and other chome-metals you might have. Then wipe off with a microfiber cloth.

12. Windows - I've tried both Armourall and Autoglym for this on a microfiber cloth however I've foudn that the Armourall leaves alot less of a swirl than the other.

13. Silicon everything - Usually once I'm at the show I will go over all the black window surrounds, bumper grill windscreen washers & engine plastics with a bit of silicon. Agian I use the Autoglym Tyre Shine.

Interior

1. Vacume - Take out all the carpet mats and vacume as much of the interior as you can. Try to advoid the plastics as the vacume cleaner tip will scratch. Then vacume the carpet mats.

2. Clean - I use kitten carpet cleaner for the floor mats and if needed on the floors them sleves. Just spray it on. leave it for a few moments to soak up the dirt and wipe off with a cloth.

3. Plastics - I've been very careful when dealing with plastics as I know of some products which actually harden the plastic to give it a shine but in doing so the plastic will crack in time. Currently I mostly just wipe with a damp cloth however where needed I have a small pink bottle (Whose name I've forgotten) to spray onto a cloth and wipe.

OK. Now I think I've got everything covered???
Wow, a rather comprehensive overview! Thanks!

I've used Autoglym products a few times and do like how easy they are to use. Good results too! Obviously a good reason you've won plenty of awards with the care you've taken with detailing.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #9
casabonka
You can call me Chris

best chamois ever... big blue from supercheap. about 15 or 20 bux for the big one. I just replaced mine after 4 years and is great.

what about quick detailers? I use a turtle wax quick spray detailer which I love. have used one of mothers bit didn't leave as nice a finish.

I have to try the armorall wheel cleaner. my rims r horrible to clean/keep clean. the meguirars hot rims is about as useful as tits on a bull sadly...
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Tinted Windows
Old 09-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #10
ThatFocusGuy
Starter Motor

I'm always checking the detailing boards - one in particular is Detailing World, a UK site. Funnily enough, I've never become a member, but I enjoy the Showroom, Studio and How-To Guide sections. Plenty of useful info.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php?

Their guide are pretty in depth, with lots of photos, acronyms and techniques on offer. The dedicated "Guide" section of the forums can be found here.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...splay.php?f=17

And just for kicks, dug up a thread regarding a LS Zetec - http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ght=ford+focus
ThatFocusGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #11
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
Thanks for the bump.

I wash the wheels, then the paint, then dress the tyres/plastic/rubber after the car has been chamoised. Just means you're not washing away some of the protectant you've just applied.

I've done a little research on clays bars and agree they do live up to their claims. Plenty of really good videos on youtube about claying too if you're unsure on how they work. Look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9kcqo5kYpY

Do you have any close up shots of before and after with the clay bar Neale? Please feel free to post if you do.

I'm planning on grabbing a whole heap of car care stuff from a site sponsor in the coming months so would love to see the results other people are getting.
Sorry I didnt get any close ups I wasnt thinking of it at the time.

Also I did a test on my mates 2001 hilux today. It looks as though its never had a polish in its life, the paint was so rough that when you rubbed your hand along the clean paint you could hear & feel how rough it was.

So I told him about the clay bar & he didnt belive me & said a cleaner polish will do the same thing. So we did a comparison. So it was - Maguires Colour X polish V's Mothers Clay Bar.

The Polish brought the paint up shinier & a little smoother, but the Clay Bar removed more grit & dirt plus made the paint perfectly smooth like glass.

You cannot really see the results in a photo but it is very noticeable to the touch. Which would have to make the car shine more after a good polish aswell
Old 18-11-2010, 12:02 AM   #12
20focus05
I wanna XR5

My mate is a detailer and he showed me with the use of a buff, clay blocks and polish a standard new car orange peely look of a paint job can come up looking like a show car mirror finish.

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 02:02 AM   #13
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone found anything that does the business on the black plastic strips directly above and below the door windows? My LV is only a few months old and those strips look blotchy. I've tried Armourall, which didn't do much, and some Meguiars cream stuff, which was only marginally better (though worked great on every other bit of plastic as well as the interior trim).

Old 26-11-2010, 07:53 AM   #14
ah-see
Starter Motor

Quote:
Anyone found anything that does the business on the black plastic strips directly above and below the door windows? My LV is only a few months old and those strips look blotchy. I've tried Armourall, which didn't do much, and some Meguiars cream stuff, which was only marginally better (though worked great on every other bit of plastic as well as the interior trim).
I use meguiars ultimate protectant for the plastic/vinyl trim and it gives good results and is one of the longest lasting trim protectants on the market.

Use a foam applicator pad to apply a thin layer onto the trim. Wait a few minutes for it to dry and bond to the trim and wipe off the excess with a rag or terry towel or anything.

You can buy this from super cheap auto for $23.

p.s. armorall is garbage
ah-see is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #15
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Agree with Ah-see, Armourall is terrible. 303 Aerospace Protectant worked very well for me. You can find retailers here: http://www.wheretobuy303.com/results...INT&country=AU
Otherwise try ebay, I paid around $25. Strangely enough, I used small foam applicators used for art/craft to apply it, the ones I found were from the Reject Shop for $2.

Old 26-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #16
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the responses. It's the Ultimate Protectant I've last tried, but maybe I didn't leave it on long enough. I'll try your ideas re the length of time and foam applicators.

Old 26-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #17
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Back on the subject of clay bars, here are a couple at different prices:

Concourse Car Care Clay Kit - $25.95 + postage
Clay Magic Kit - $59.95 + postage

Also important in a quality detail is good quality microfibre cloths - these guys have a few: http://www.concoursecarcare.com.au/category6_1.htm

Glass - there are plenty of differing views on whether using Rain-X is a good idea, but I find it helps wipers last longer + eliminates squeaking. How effectively it works depends on how its applied. You really need to polish it in for it to work well.

Old 26-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #18
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Thanks for the responses. It's the Ultimate Protectant I've last tried, but maybe I didn't leave it on long enough. I'll try your ideas re the length of time and foam applicators.
Not a problem. I used something like this. The one I used was exactly the same size as the trim under the windows - just spray on whatever protectant you use and apply without touching the paint.

Old 26-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #19
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
I'm a BIG BIG fan of Autoglym Rubber and Vinyl Protectant. Gives a really black, even look without the fake shine you get from some of the others. Have used for a number of years now and never been disappointed. Use it on front grills, dashboard, rubber strips, even tyres.
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2010, 01:24 AM   #20
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got three of those foam applicators for $2 (different sizes). The finish is now slightly streaky rather than blotchy, but I think it's on the way to looking good. Perhaps another coat will finish the job.

Old 29-11-2010, 01:32 AM   #21
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Edit: Deleted double post.

Old 29-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #22
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Got three of those foam applicators for $2 (different sizes). The finish is now slightly streaky rather than blotchy, but I think it's on the way to looking good. Perhaps another coat will finish the job.
Another coat shouldn't hurt. As mentioned above, leave it on a few minutes. For the stuff I use, I buff it off before it drys - removes all of the faded finish on the rubber/plastic. Depends on the result you're looking for though, glossy or matte.

Old 26-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #23
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Sooo.. as soon as it stops raining, I can test out my new Mothers clay bay and canabeau (sp??) Wax - $45 all up thanks to 25% off at Supercheap today!
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Tinted Windows
Old 26-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #24
imaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont recomend this, but i use water and clothes detergen. A tiny scope in a warm bucket of water. This has kept my last car's metalic paint clean and looking new for approx 14 years. And the shine on it was immaculate, so I knew I was doing something rite. Unfortunately, the car died before the paint work gave up. I use the same method on my focus too.
I use a broom stick to do the wheels followed by a sponge to clean everything else.

Imaz

2009 FG Falcon XR6 Sedan, Octane.
2012 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Mineral Grey.
imaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2010, 11:19 PM   #25
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know some guys that use black boot polish for rubber & they recon it comes up a treat. they said they do not use armourall & simmilar products because they contain alcohol & dry plastics & rubbers out & leave them white & cracked after prolonged use where as boot polish doesnt.

Has anyone else herd of this???
Old 26-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #26
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
I know some guys that use black boot polish for rubber & they recon it comes up a treat. they said they do not use armourall & simmilar products because they contain alcohol & dry plastics & rubbers out & leave them white & cracked after prolonged use where as boot polish doesnt.

Has anyone else herd of this???
yeah I have heard Armourall can crack the plastics. However I've never heard of using boot polish. Not a bad idea...
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2010, 11:35 PM   #27
melbzetec

I certainly have with Amourall, but wouldn't necessarily lump all products together.

I've used Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care for years and find it fantastic.

http://www.autoglym.com/enGB/product...6VQ=HE&Range=1

Not sure about the boot polish approach!
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 27-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #28
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
I certainly have with Amourall, but wouldn't necessarily lump all products together.

I've used Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care for years and find it fantastic.

http://www.autoglym.com/enGB/product...6VQ=HE&Range=1

Not sure about the boot polish approach!
AMEN! The Vinyl and Rubber care is the bomb! I use it everywhere. Under the bonnet too. You could seriously eat off my engine bay

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #29
melbzetec

In fact, for a quick "bang for you buck" job, jet clean your engine at the local car wash (avoid alternator etc), then simply spray the Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care liberally all over the engine and drive away.

In a few hours open the bonnet and all the black bits will be all shiny and polished (perhaps with a quick clean up of excess with a cloth).

I kid you not!

Old 28-12-2010, 08:57 PM   #30
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not really paint or wheel care, but I just discovered a good way of cleaning carpets/seats etc. Use one of those sticky roll thingies that women use to clean fluff off clothes. Picks up whatever the vacuum doesn't, and doesn't try to pull your carpets off the floor or your covers off the seats (if you have them).