Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-06-2006, 01:32 AM   #61
Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
Thanks I'm happy with the look. Ground clearance is still pretty good.

Rear didn't drop as far as it should have. Looked fairly nose heavy before it was changed.
i guess what i was getting at is what had to be changed? was the kit faulty/the springs the wrong size? what was involve in rectifying the problem?

sorry for all the questions, im just really curious. i'm very nervous about changing the factory set up for fear of ing up the wonderful composure of the basic suspension

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 02:07 PM   #62
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Rear didn't drop as far as it should have. Looked fairly nose heavy before it was changed.
What was done to the rear springs?? Did they get compressed or hacked with a grinder??

Looks very very nice. I recon the Zetec 17s would finish it off very nice :hihi:
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #63
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uni
i guess what i was getting at is what had to be changed? was the kit faulty/the springs the wrong size? what was involve in rectifying the problem?

sorry for all the questions, im just really curious. i'm very nervous about changing the factory set up for fear of ing up the wonderful composure of the basic suspension

Uni/.
Will probably never know if rear springs were fraulty or not. The rears were replaced with Lovells. (After some investigation, Lovells actually have some good stuff...despite what I initially thought). From memory they were $75 each (you can buy individually, something Eibach doesn't do).

No worries with the questions...thats what this place is for ;)

The basic Focus suspension setup is pretty good, but the components are still built to a budget. Springs/shocks/bushes/etc are made for cost effiency rather than outright performance so you can always improve things.

...next is the stereo + speakers
#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 12:08 AM   #64
Uni

hmm.. interesting

i'm leaning towards the idea of keeping the car for a few years, using it for a daily hack, and in a couple of years (~2 probably) going nuts on a full shake down, something for the track. i can't justify spending the $$ at the moment, particularly if i plan on upping the ante later on

first i need to start saving! :

thanks for your help

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 05:53 PM   #65
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uni
hmm.. interesting

i'm leaning towards the idea of keeping the car for a few years, using it for a daily hack, and in a couple of years (~2 probably) going nuts on a full shake down, something for the track. i can't justify spending the $$ at the moment, particularly if i plan on upping the ante later on

first i need to start saving! :

thanks for your help

Uni/.
I suppose they say different strokes for different strokes!!

I'm not going to go too far with things...as I mentioned above, I would just upgrade the shocks (and maybe some good polyurethane bushes) and that will do for susp.

Just planning on replacing stock components with good quality replacements (ie Eibach springs/Focal speakers/yoko tyres[?]/imported stainless exhaust/etc).

This will be my daily driver for a few years, so I don't want to push things too far! It still has to be comfortable/fun/economical/doesn't attract unwanted attention.

Yeah, saving is the fun bit! :
Old 20-06-2006, 12:21 PM   #66
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I suppose they say different strokes for different strokes!!

I'm not going to go too far with things...as I mentioned above, I would just upgrade the shocks (and maybe some good polyurethane bushes) and that will do for susp.

Just planning on replacing stock components with good quality replacements (ie Eibach springs/Focal speakers/yoko tyres[?]/imported stainless exhaust/etc).

This will be my daily driver for a few years, so I don't want to push things too far! It still has to be comfortable/fun/economical/doesn't attract unwanted attention.

Yeah, saving is the fun bit! :
20's.... you know u want to.....
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 11:22 PM   #67
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec20
20's.... you know u want to.....
If I wasn't paying for them (and tyres!!!) maybe, but no - 17's for me

You'll be surprised how much some aftermarket 17's will make a difference (compared to the factory 17's). Not that there's anything wrong with the factory 17's (I actually REALLY like them), but they are too chunky (making them look smaller than they are) and too common...I want something a little different.
Old 22-06-2006, 03:31 AM   #68
yum
Starter Motor

if u decide to sell them. how much would u want for them?
yum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 02:30 PM   #69
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yum
I haven't actually thought that far yet! But if you are interested, I'll keep you in mind when I do. I want to get some wear out of the tyres first before changing over...and I have to find some replacement wheels I like as well
Old 22-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #70
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

17's.... get 19's...... do it....
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #71
theBlake

Quote:
Originally Posted by yum
I am probably going to sell my 16"s just like his. maybe in a week or so.
theBlake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post