Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 20-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Default Rally of Canberra 2006.

Myself, Zetec and FOCUSonTHIS (t.b.c.) are attending the Rally of Canberra to be held at various locals around the Nation's Capital on the 11th and 12th of March.

It'll be the second (but first) Rally for the LS Focus. As we know the car was at Rally of Bathurst last year but didn't compete. FlaminFiesta, SimonR, Zetec and I enjoyed the event, despite the wet weather.

EUROFORDCLUB members are welcome to come on down. I'm staying there overnight. You can get all the info on roc.com.au

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 09:42 PM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Alright club, here we go!!

First ever inter-state club event!! We want to see more NSW. ACT and Victoria members there!!! This will probably be fairly informal, but will be awesome to hang out together

Despite a very poor website, I have managed to grab most of the vital details!!

Prices as follows (http://www.roc.com.au/images/2006%20...ale%202006.pdf)

Season pass (two days)
Adult - $35.00
Pensioner and student - $28.00
One-day pass
Adult - $20.00
Pensioner and student - $16.00
Children under 12 years admitted free if accompanied by an adult.

Full Rally of Canberra Flyer (a good read) http://www.roc.com.au/images/Spectat...202006_web.pdf

ROC promises brilliant spectator viewing including massive jumps, water splashes and awesome sideways action! I for one can't wait, but it is exceptional value for a weekend away!

So call up that rellie in Canberra and crash in their spare room! If you are keen, let us know here, please feel free to PM Eddie or myself for details.
Old 27-02-2006, 09:53 PM   #3
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You know I'm in Matt, just need accomdation
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 10:17 PM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Awesome.
Old 27-02-2006, 11:32 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

will do my best to get there, might go for one day though, probably the saturday.
Old 28-02-2006, 07:09 AM   #6
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you guys get bored and decide to leave early on the Sunday, on the lawns of old Parliment house is Shannons Wheels expo. Cars of all makes and from all era's. There is no entry fee to come for a look
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #7
XRWidow
Real Women Drive Utes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
If you guys get bored and decide to leave early on the Sunday, on the lawns of old Parliment house is Shannons Wheels expo. Cars of all makes and from all era's. There is no entry fee to come for a look
: May see if the old fella would be interested in this :

: Ambition is a Dream with a V8 Engine:
XRWidow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 03:07 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Hmm, i might go to that then head out to the rally then, im only going to go over for one day. Anybody keen on that idea?
Old 13-03-2006, 10:53 AM   #9
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rally of Canberra was great fun....thanks to Eddie for the accomodation for the night, also to Matt for driving me up there (well drove myself a bit too). It was great fun to see all the cars doing it for real and not on TV. Just a shame that the Focus didn't make it the whole way through due to mechanical faults (2 broken diff mounts). We got some good photos and videos too. I will post them up sometime soon. Hopefully next year we will have some more Eurofordclub.com members there.

Till next time,

Adam
Old 13-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #10
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

[img]http://3fb.kicks-***.net/forums/images/smilies/ttiwwop.gif[/img]
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2006, 04:28 PM   #11
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Be Patient.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 13-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #12
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

As FOCUSonTHIS says it was a great weekend except that the Focus had some teething problems. Still, good to see it in the new colours.

This was my first real experience of rallying and I've got to say that it exceeded my expectations. I'm putting my photo's on a c.d. and you'll see them in the Gallery a.s.a.p.

I've only just arrived home so A HUGE thank you to ZETEC and FOCUSonTHIS for helping me during the weekend. Seriously couldn't have done half of what I saw and did without you guys!

ZETEC's rally-driving out to Kowen stages had to be seen to be believed!!!

BTW the Queen has given the "Royal Seal of Approval" to the EUROFORDCLUB, Ha!

Old 13-03-2006, 04:48 PM   #13
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Here's a teaser, will do the rest tonight....

Old 13-03-2006, 04:52 PM   #14
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Eddie you'rea deadset legend!!!!!!! We want the photo evidence of her seal of approval too!!!

Old 14-03-2006, 11:07 AM   #15
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

Since some people aren't too happy and say the thread is worthless without pics : I have got some to show you. Followed by some videos too. The video's are about 4mb each so be ready to wait a little while if not on cable

Old 14-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #16
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd2/4412/DSCN1916.MOV

http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd2/4412/DSCN1912.MOV

There are the videos. Enjoy

Adam

Last edited by FOCUSonTHIS; 14-03-2006 at 11:37 AM.