Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 29-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #91
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
Is this just happening when you use Firefox? Does IE work OK?

You could take a look at this and see if it's a problem with the Flash plugin http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...e+Flash+plugin
for me it was working fine after the site was restored, up until i updated to Firefox's latest "brilliant" revision. Since it's working fine in Opera and IE, i would expect it is Firefox's problem
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #92
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
Is this just happening when you use Firefox? Does IE work OK?

You could take a look at this and see if it's a problem with the Flash plugin http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...e+Flash+plugin
Works in IE and not FF for me. I'll have a look at that link tomorrow to see if it fixes it.
Old 30-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #93
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Just a quick note to say that the little glitch 5 minutes ago was just me running a report that might have to wait until the small hours of the morning given that it slowed the server down to almost a stop!

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #94
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

No more playing! Told you not to push that button .............

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 10:57 PM   #95
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Just a quick note to say that the little glitch 5 minutes ago was just me running a report that might have to wait until the small hours of the morning given that it slowed the server down to almost a stop!

Cheers
Russ
You go boy , and not too much coffee tonight !!
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 04:56 AM   #96
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

flash banner has just started working in firefox again
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #97
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Very Impressed with How Fast AFF is now

Very worthwhile upgrade

Thanks for the time and effort taken to improve the ever expanding forum

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #98
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I have been very impressed with how the site has been performing as well since the GFC (Great Forum Crash). I have not had one issue since then. It has been great. Top work guys on getting the site back and running well after the few issues.

Will the 100 posts per page option be brought back?
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #99
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
Will the 100 posts per page option be brought back?
No - not at this stage. Will be available again once the AFF is on the new server.

GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #100
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

No worries.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #101
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this is an error or the likes i have been getting over the last 24 odd hours

Quote:
Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Unknown modifier '%' in /includes/functions_warning.php on line 707

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Unknown modifier '#' in /includes/functions_warning.php on line 707

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 16 in /includes/functions_warning.php on line 707

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 16 in /includes/functions_warning.php on line 707

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 17 in /includes/functions_warning.php on line 707

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Unknown modifier 'c' in /includes/functions_warning.php on line 707

Other than getting that every now and then the reliability of the site has been great

well done guys

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 12:13 AM   #102
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

We are trying to resolve an issue with the warning system that is causing the errors above as well as stopping the registration system from working - I have turned the latter function off until we resolve the issue.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post