Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 07-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
Warrenk

Default Supercharger Height

Compared to the standard XR8 plenum height what difference is the height(if any) of the Kenne Bell superchager air intake.

Thanks

Warren

Warrenk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

Default Re: Supercharger Height

I am guessing you are asking due to the car in your sig..
The best way would be dropping past and having a look for yourself as you know the clearance's you need.

The KB clears the bonnet no probs but when you add new location of T/B and the pulley at the front, These things are in different areas to STD setup so it might hit but i dont think it will as its still a compact install.
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
Warrenk

You are right the car in the avatar is the the one.(DRB 540). I don't think the position of the throttle body is a problem, but the overall height will be. I know of a car the same as mine that just had a Harrop supercharger fitted and everthing clears the bonnet. On this car there was a bit of work modifying braces to relocate the altenator. Unfortunatly for me to do the same for mine it requires relocation of air con drier and pipework which the other car did not have. With no relocating of the altenator would suit me.
How does the overall height of the Kenne Bell and throttle body setup compare to Harrop setup? From the pictures of both setups the Kenne Bell appears to be higher, but that could be an optical illussion due to the shape of the Kenne Bell.

Warren
Old 22-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT

I will go measure for you mate.
I'm working on some setups today.

Regards
AGRO.
-------------------------------------------
Hp & Money...It's Never Enough.
AGRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #5
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT

From the Intake of the cyclinder heads (the machined surface), the supercharger sits 195mm. The supercharger pulley is 110mm from the top of the thermostat x-over pipe, right above the alternator pulley.

AGRO.
-------------------------------------------
Hp & Money...It's Never Enough.
AGRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #6
Warrenk

Thanks Agro,

From those measurements you gave me there appears to be no clearence issues from the supercharger and pulley. The only area that might have a clearence issue is the air intake bolted to the supercharger. In the photos on your web site the air intake appears to be higher than supercharger. If it is higher what height above the top of the supercharger body is it?

I have a windscreen wiper panel above the rear of the intake plenum. The distance from the cylinder heads (the machined surface)to this panel is 210mm.

Thanks
Warren