Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 16-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
Silver'
T-Series Club Member Vic

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent write ups on AU technical issues. 
Default AU2 IRS Territory retrofit - now too much rear bias!

Hi Matt,
I've fitted the RDA slotted rotors that you supplied me to the rear of my T2 TE50 and have fitted new Territory calipers with the QFM HPX pads. I'm running the Hawk PC that you recommended and I think are fantastic for what I want. Very refined pad and very low dust. I should have bought them off you as I sourced them from OS mega cheap and when they arrived I found out why - two pads were used!!! They still do the job though.

Now, the fronts are the standard 329mm series 2 AU setup. Tickford tweaked the Master Cylinder on these cars so that it has a larger bore (1") to give a nice high pedal and a higher crack point to give greater rear bias. that was fine until I upgraded the rear brakes and now the fronts are not getting as warm as the rears.

If Hawk made a territory rear pad I'd buy them and see how that goes but they don't so I'm after a low dust, pad to try and take some of the bite out of the rears.

I'd consider switching to a standard AU Master Cylinder but I don't want to lose that nice high pedal that the 1" bore gives me.

I know you're called 'race brakes' and I'm sort of heading the other way to most of your customers but can you suggest a pad to give a better balance than I have now? And preferably with low, low dust?

Cheers, Al.

TE2 #116
Build/Maintenance thread here.
www.fte.ford.com.au lives! 2001 2002
Add a T-series to the Registry HERE
Silver' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: AU2 IRS Territory retrofit - now too much rear bias!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverT2TE50 View Post
Hi Matt,
I've fitted the RDA slotted rotors that you supplied me to the rear of my T2 TE50 and have fitted new Territory calipers with the QFM HPX pads. I'm running the Hawk PC that you recommended and I think are fantastic for what I want. Very refined pad and very low dust. I should have bought them off you as I sourced them from OS mega cheap and when they arrived I found out why - two pads were used!!! They still do the job though.

Now, the fronts are the standard 329mm series 2 AU setup. Tickford tweaked the Master Cylinder on these cars so that it has a larger bore (1") to give a nice high pedal and a higher crack point to give greater rear bias. that was fine until I upgraded the rear brakes and now the fronts are not getting as warm as the rears.

If Hawk made a territory rear pad I'd buy them and see how that goes but they don't so I'm after a low dust, pad to try and take some of the bite out of the rears.

I'd consider switching to a standard AU Master Cylinder but I don't want to lose that nice high pedal that the 1" bore gives me.

I know you're called 'race brakes' and I'm sort of heading the other way to most of your customers but can you suggest a pad to give a better balance than I have now? And preferably with low, low dust?

Cheers, Al.

Two pads were used hey i haven't seen that trick before it is unfortunate they are so far away. The rear Terri calipers have a larger 45mm piston size than the AU 40mm ones and this would be why the rears are working better than before but if it isn't locking up or dangerous then you should be ok. Maybe try these Japanese pads i have for std use as i can't think of anything that is low friction.$75 delivered

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
Silver'
T-Series Club Member Vic

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent write ups on AU technical issues. 

Nah, no lock ups. I'm not sure how I'd feel about braking in the middle of a high speed sweeper in the wet though...

Jap pads sound interesting - I'll give you a call Monday.

Thanks
TE2 #116
This user likes this post:
Old 19-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
Silver'
T-Series Club Member Vic

Thanks for the chat Matt, it's so rare to get unbiased advice. I try to do the same in my business - hopefully we'll both STAY in business!

I'll try some Bendix GCT's, as they're pretty cheap and easy to get, and will see how that goes.

I'd like to stress that the QFM HPX pads are doing a great job and the only reason I'm taking them out is becuase I want to go the oppposite direction to most - I want to reduce the braking efficiency, not increase it.

Cheers, Al.
TE2 #116
This user likes this post: