Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-10-2019, 07:05 AM   #1231
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
One of the greatest and simplest pleasures in life for me is a perfectly toasted piece of bread with butter and Vegemite! Comfort food, good for the soul.

Last night my trusty Breville toaster decided it would no longer play it's part in this pleasure. Bugger! That didn't make me feel good.

Bought a new one today, and all is well with the world again. That made me feel good!

It's the simple things.............

Partial to a soft boiled egg and Marmite on buttered toast plus salt pepper, makes a easy lunch....
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2019, 08:14 AM   #1232
Lunch
Wait, what?

About a year ago I decided I was going to try to replace the lego I had as a kid but stupidly sold when I was about 20, not an easy prospect given the cost and rarity of vintage lego these days.
For the 3 days I spent working on the brother-in-law’s cinema room, he gave me some old lego that his boss had stored at their work and was about to be thrown out, which was a surprise because I didn’t know anything about it and wasn’t expecting anything for the work.

[IMG][/IMG]

With no instructions, I sorted through it looking for unique pieces I could use to reference and others to cross reference at bricklink.com ( all lego parts have a part number ) to match up with sets, then use the set numbers to complete the inventory lists, then to brickinstructions.com for the online instructions.

[IMG][/IMG]

I had to add about 15-20 pieces from my own stuff to finish off a few of the sets but all in all they were surprisingly complete considering some are 30+ years old, after finding all the sets I could, this is all that’s left

[IMG][/IMG]

Im pretty happy that I was able to get that many together considering my initial opinion was that it was just a few tubs of random stuff.
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2019, 09:42 AM   #1233
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Was supposed to build this when not sleeping lol maybe next swing ?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-10-2019, 06:17 PM   #1234
.:4:.
Kicking back

Now kfc is not something i get often at all. My apprentice has never heard me say i want dirty bird for lunch. But i had a hankering for greasy bird today so i threw that out there. My apprentice is a kiwi. So after he made sure i was serious he let out a chur. Between us we bought seemingly half the store. It was a heavy greasy lunch, but i dont do that very often and it was good. Also the apprentices storys of the new 'toy' he bought last night werent bad. Summery of that is its got a mod plate as its been engine swapped, its got a supercharger, its manual, and my thoughts are mad car, but its a magnet for power poles. And he reset the economy on the dash and it currently reads 29L per hundred for not fanging it yet. So no wonder his project car is up for sale, his words were, im never going to be able to afford to finish it.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2019, 10:50 AM   #1235
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Breakfast beers and a 7 day break
Old 03-10-2019, 05:06 PM   #1236
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

All comers now repelled, finally can take an hour off to nap.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2019, 08:09 PM   #1237
Kicking back

My current apprentice is a real car nut. Well, he actually modifies stuff. Anyrate he has never driven a diesel, my ranger work car is by no means fast, but he noticed how in traffic i get off the clutch to crawl as quickly as you do in a petrol car exept i dont touch the accelerator. Ill often shift into second when traffic is accelerating at a snails pace. So after i explained the hill holder, i threw down that i can hill start clutch only. So chosen hill was in the city where margaret st comes up to clarence st. So after the no way from a 2.2 from the apprentice, sure enough, it did it easy. So then before we parked i threw the keys at him and said park it, shift into 2nd or 3rd, no accelerator. So he did that, and the whole time was saying its so weird. Granted my ute is slow, his toy is an engine swapped supercharged ute making bonkers power, both manuals. He was surprised i wasnt lying when i say the ranger is slow but stupid easy to drive. He better hold up his end of the bargin and let me take his ute for a rip.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:36 AM   #1238
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Friday.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wLGciG2a1I8
Old 04-10-2019, 04:00 PM   #1239
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Looking for NEW property in a part of Qld i never considered before .
Old 04-10-2019, 04:57 PM   #1240
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Knocking off @ 3:00pm
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2019, 04:59 PM   #1241
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Knocking off @ 3:00pm
I got out at 1. The downside was the 5am start. However, it is lovely weather to be chilling on my deck with some cold beers.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:45 PM   #1242
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i dont have to work, retirement is good
Old 04-10-2019, 08:52 PM   #1243
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Dinner :p
Old 06-10-2019, 02:04 PM   #1244
Kicking back

Well over the past couple of days i broke the golden rule. I did electrical work on my own house. So as an electrician i am a bit ashamed of myself. Anyrate, the work i did yesterday i tested, but due to the weather, testing ran into today, but i hit the nail on the head with the settings.
So the issue i was butting heads with with the bloke who rents my granny flat was the light in my laundry. The door to my laundry is external on my house so we share my laundry. The globe went out years ago. I do my washing during the day so not an issue to me. He does his at night. I didnt like the fitting as it fills up with dead bugs. Hence me never changing the globe. Added to that, the light gets left on. On friday i rejiggled the wiring and put in an LED downlight. Bug problem solved. But, that doesnt solve the leaving the light on issue thats a pet hate of mine. So yesterday i installed a motion sensor and set the daylight settings to only sense in low light. Not complete darkness. I left the switch as an over ride off. Well, as per bcs's you cannot have an over ride on switch anymore. So after it last sences motion it stays on for only 30 seconds. I set it like that. During the day if you turn the switch off and back on again, it will sence untill 30 seconds after last motion detected then remain off until it gets dark enough. So im happy with the results. My pet hate is now gone and no more insects dying trying to have sex with a light globe. And 2 years of complaining at me got sorted with a combined 30 minutes of my time and $0 in materials.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #1245
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

No override on permitted? What’s their reasoning?

I bought last year and fitted a three way Clipsal toggle that goes in a standard gang plate, it’s inscribed ON-OFF-SENSOR and installed per the HPM three wire sensor’s instructions.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:20 PM   #1246
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
No override on permitted? What’s their reasoning?

I bought last year and fitted a three way Clipsal toggle that goes in a standard gang plate, it’s inscribed ON-OFF-SENSOR and installed per the HPM three wire sensor’s instructions.
On off auto switches are ok for some reason. Over ride on isnt. Im guessing its to do with people being eco terrorists and leaving lights on. And just because tue building codes say no, that doesnt make it not possible to still manufacture and buy parts like say fuse wire and porcelin fuse holders. I dont give a crap about bringing my house up to code. Everything works. My hot water unit is set hotter then 60 degrees for example. My light switches arent at between 900mm to 1100mm to accomodate for disabled persons with limited movement. Theyre at 1300mm which is normal person height. But either way, the over ride off still addresses my pet hate of leaving the laundry light on. So bca's aside, im happy with the solution.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:57 PM   #1247
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Public holiday last weekend when I was in Victoria and now another one today while in NSW.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2019, 02:15 PM   #1248
Kicking back

Being the random who does the random act of kindness. I heard a metalic bang. Did nothing. Not my car hold. After some time heard some doings transpiring and whilst i only speak english, it was clear enough that wife was yelling at husband. So i yelled over the fence and offered up my chainsaw. The answer was a yeah but nah. The nah was because the lady didnt trust her husband with my chain dog. Now the tree that dropped a limb on their shed also also extends over my house. So i did the social justace of cutting up the limb, and did the favour of knocking out a few of their dead stumps and stuff. Didnt accept any payment. It was to my benifit anyways. The neighbors did say they have made multiple complaints about the derelict house with the jungle of a backyard yet nothing has been done. And they said once the council made them clean up. That was my 1 time complaint. So fact, at the time im my child was young. Speculation just to make things happen, snakes. It worked good.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #1249
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Being the random who does the random act of kindness. I heard a metalic bang. Did nothing. Not my car hold. After some time heard some doings transpiring and whilst i only speak english, it was clear enough that wife was yelling at husband. So i yelled over the fence and offered up my chainsaw. The answer was a yeah but nah. The nah was because the lady didnt trust her husband with my chain dog. Now the tree that dropped a limb on their shed also also extends over my house. So i did the social justace of cutting up the limb, and did the favour of knocking out a few of their dead stumps and stuff. Didnt accept any payment. It was to my benifit anyways. The neighbors did say they have made multiple complaints about the derelict house with the jungle of a backyard yet nothing has been done. And they said once the council made them clean up. That was my 1 time complaint. So fact, at the time im my child was young. Speculation just to make things happen, snakes. It worked good.
I got a nice job lined up for you to trim a huge river red overhanging my front boundary. I've asked council several times to no avail.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:38 PM   #1250
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I got a nice job lined up for you to trim a huge river red overhanging my front boundary. I've asked council several times to no avail.
Claim the tree is full of venomous snakes and you have young children. Council has to do something. My cheapest possible bunnings chainsaw wasnt happy going 2 tanks straight flat stick so it crapped out. Its payed for itself multiple times over. It may live again once cooled down, but either way, its made me happy and also people around me for getting **** done with it. So happy days
Old 07-10-2019, 04:11 PM   #1251
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

The four days of the 45th CST finished yesterday. What an awesome event.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2019, 10:08 PM   #1252
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Not a patch on Lunch’s marked-down Caramilk but at $1.14, ohh yesss.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:11 PM   #1253
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Living life...
5 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2019, 08:07 AM   #1254
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Love the Charger. Nice.

Old 08-10-2019, 10:48 PM   #1255
Kicking back

Just had a beer with my mate who rents off me. I had previously asked for opinions on the colour of the lught fitting i had installed in the laundry and also the settings of the sensor. So daylight settings and timer. So he, well, we did argue, knew why i just change tha damn globe in the old light due to insects and also the light being left on needlessly. But as satisfied with my work and settings, the new LED downlights are (well what i installed anyhow) selectable colour temperature and output a lot of light for low power consumption. I was told i didnt fix the problem, i created a solution. My colour choice was 4000k. 6500k to me is a bit much. Inside my house is 3000k, but thats not a utility area. I wouldnt have been offended if i had to tweak sensor setting or the colour of the fitting, but the solution to the problem, well my issue of leaving the damn light on, and the added convenience of being ably to walk in with your arms full was both well recieved, and appreciated. It to me was common sence, but its my feild of expertice. Nothings ever bulletproof, but getting some appreciation for what is a much more practical and better solution for what was really not a whole heap of work. Yeah, i dig that.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:58 PM   #1256
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Today my eldest Son came out of the dark and saw the light purchasing his first Ford, an FG XR6 5A in Sensation with 160k's.

As he's currently in the process of having his first house built he wasn't in a position to finance a later model example so he had to use some of his savings. He went back a few years from his VE2 but the FG is a much better car than the VE ever was.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2019, 10:46 PM   #1257
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’ve got an octogenarian spinster neighbour who’s a real gem. It’s unfortunate that many of her family still lean on her to babysit, gopher, and generally host or attend all manner of occasions.

Today I managed to snap a great informal picture of her chatting with a friend, and sent it to her favourite niece, who’s lived for years in central Australia and doesn’t get over so much as she’d like. The reaction to seeing her aunt just being relaxed and happy was one of genuine pleasure.
7 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2019, 06:00 PM   #1258
Kicking back

Fixed my chainsaw.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:49 PM   #1259
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

DJR Penske
Old 13-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #1260
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
DJR Penske
Ditto
4 users like this post: