Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:05 PM   #31
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomXR8
Hello,
Went to WSID today for the Ford v Holden meeting, I blew out my nominated time but hey, it was a 13.293. I know someone else is claiming to have the quickest unopened BA XR8, could mine be the quickest now? Certainly the fastest, at 108.11mph, please show me the slip to put me right. My slip is attached, thanks Simon from XtremeFordtuning for supplying the tune. I'm a novice to drag racing, there's more in her!

Congrats on the time :

l think you should come down to heathcote next weekend as Mark suggested
would be good to see that beast of yours run a number.

Also well done to simon on the great tune... :
Old 03-04-2005, 02:16 PM   #32
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Hello,
Went to WSID today for the Ford v Holden meeting, I blew out my nominated time but hey, it was a 13.293. I know someone else is claiming to have the quickest unopened BA XR8, could mine be the quickest now? Certainly the fastest, at 108.11mph, please show me the slip to put me right. My slip is attached, thanks Simon from XtremeFordtuning for supplying the tune. I'm a novice to drag racing, there's more in her!
Well done looks like Simon has done it again! :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 02:26 PM   #33
xr8ute
Back on the road

Phantom, thats a great time. That MPH is awesome, lol. Would have been good to see it live at the track...

And well done to Simon too. Yet another awesome time from a car running one of your tunes.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 02:44 PM   #34
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks guys, isnt this just the bomb! Seeing the BA in full glory Showing everyone what it can really do!

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 02:47 PM   #35
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up Drags

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
Phantom, thats a great time. That MPH is awesome, lol. Would have been good to see it live at the track...

And well done to Simon too. Yet another awesome time from a car running one of your tunes.

I'm thinking Simon would be proud of his stable of thoroughbreds. Without stating the obvious, he alone has come up with tunes for a number of Boss sedans. A few of those sedans happen to be the quickest and fastest unopened N/A Boss powered Falcon sedans in the country over the 1/4, they're manuals as well. Credit has to be given where it's due. :eclipsee_

Last edited by PhantomXR8; 03-04-2005 at 03:35 PM.
PhantomXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 03:36 PM   #36
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Mark,
I have to thank you of course for the 3.46s, the Toyo RA1's though are from my wallet. The great tune from Simon was also from my wallet, but it's definately the right stuff, good work by him. I'm also blown away by the mph, even the Holden guys were impressed. Like I said, there's plenty left in her. If the Rods, Simon or Mark hopped in it I'm sure it would have cracked a 13.0 or 13.1. Kev's time is listed as a 13.2, I'm interested to see that the figure after the 2.
Congrats mate those were some awsome runs you had out there. You got off the line very well, you seemed to just glide off the line with no wheel spin at all a chirp here and there but thats it.

Top day although i was a little dissapointed there were only a few ba's out, same goes with the red army only a handfull.

Did you happen to see Paul's (Crossroads motorsports) torana run, popped a 5 foot wheel stand and still ran a low 8. That thing is scary to say the least.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 04:00 PM   #37
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Thats absolutely awesome mate, i cant wait to take mine down to the plex to see what it can do,
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 05:16 PM   #38
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
Thats absolutely awesome mate, i cant wait to take mine down to the plex to see what it can do,
Yep, it's certainly your turn Fordy. Go easy though... :Up_to_som
Old 03-04-2005, 05:19 PM   #39
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Congrats mate those were some awsome runs you had out there. You got off the line very well, you seemed to just glide off the line with no wheel spin at all a chirp here and there but thats it.

Top day although i was a little dissapointed there were only a few ba's out, same goes with the red army only a handfull.

Did you happen to see Paul's (Crossroads motorsports) torana run, popped a 5 foot wheel stand and still ran a low 8. That thing is scary to say the least.
I thinks it's your turn buddy. I certainly put a strain on my rear end, she held up to it though. I think I'm blessed with a strong drive line. When I had the blower on it there was no hint of clutch slippage or failing hardware, the tyres always gave way first!
Old 03-04-2005, 05:28 PM   #40
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute

Yeh, the boss(Simon) would be a little miffed that a baby XR8 is a little faster(mph) over the 1/4 than those GT's of his, he he.... :
Old 03-04-2005, 05:47 PM   #41
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Big well done Craig....for only a few attempts a 13.29@108 is a great time and mph in a 1800kg+ car

As others have said bring the 60' down even more and so will the ET...where the mph is good for a 12

I'll be out playing at heathcote next week...wont run a PB imo though I need a better clutch and street tyres that arent bald to get off the line quicker!
Hi Rod,
It's you blokes that have inspired me, you know that! Good to see that you'll be out there next weekend, it would be great to see you guys in action.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:12 PM   #42
Chris
AFF.com.au

looks like the Forums day will be a BANGER!!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 06:12 PM   #43
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Yep, it's certainly your turn Fordy. Go easy though... :Up_to_som
Mate i think your safe my ute was a bitch to get off the line before, i think it will be even harder now that its lower too.
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 06:16 PM   #44
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Yeh, the boss(Simon) would be a little miffed that a baby XR8 is a little faster(mph) over the 1/4 than those GT's of his, he he.... :
Let him run the car out the back door first - simon's car isn't far from a 112, let alone a 109 or better!!!

I'll be happy if my street tyred, stock exhausted, no cai or helixed, edited auto ute runs a 13, and i'll be even more happy if an unopened XR8 runs a 13.1, no matter who does it, :
Old 03-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #45
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
I thinks it's your turn buddy. I certainly put a strain on my rear end, she held up to it though. I think I'm blessed with a strong drive line. When I had the blower on it there was no hint of clutch slippage or failing hardware, the tyres always gave way first!
As soon as they fix mine properly i'll be heading out for a few runs to see what it can do stock. It's got a nasty shudder atm after they fixed it.

Then it's time to have some fun.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #46
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Let him run the car out the back door first - simon's car isn't far from a 112, let alone a 109 or better!!!

I'll be happy if my street tyred, stock exhausted, no cai or helixed, edited auto ute runs a 13, and i'll be even more happy if an unopened XR8 runs a 13.1, no matter who does it, :
Hi Chris, you hurling your ute down the stirp with just an edit are you.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:27 PM   #47
Chris
AFF.com.au

G'day leigh,

I had to put my car back to standard because of a warranty issue, and I haven't had the chance to put it all back together. For the moment, I have put the underdrives, a BMC filter and the edit back on it, would love a 13 in this trim. There will be a manual XR8 sedan at the meeting that will closely hold my interest.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:31 PM   #48
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

hahah, :P thats the spirit, (CHEEKY!) im sure mine would have been a few higher then it was if i didnt have to lift off the throttle , as for GTP 738, he has been doing these times with stock headers and cats ect so i think his is where it should be

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 06:41 PM   #49
Chris
AFF.com.au

Next time simon, stop changing cd's halfway down the track. That funny surging feeling is the rpm limiter, when you hit that, you need to change gear....................then your times will improve lol
Old 03-04-2005, 06:41 PM   #50
Chris
AFF.com.au

u coming craig or what??
Old 03-04-2005, 06:45 PM   #51
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
G'day leigh,

I had to put my car back to standard because of a warranty issue, and I haven't had the chance to put it all back together. For the moment, I have put the underdrives, a BMC filter and the edit back on it, would love a 13 in this trim. There will be a manual XR8 sedan at the meeting that will closely hold my interest.
Sounds like it's going to be a cracker of a day down there. Any more info on this xr8 mate, not one of yours is it.

Did that Gt get the ported heads yet, will that be runnning.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:48 PM   #52
Chris
AFF.com.au

"I could tell you but id have to kill you" lol

u coming down leigh?
Old 03-04-2005, 06:50 PM   #53
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
hahah, :P thats the spirit, (CHEEKY!) im sure mine would have been a few higher then it was if i didnt have to lift off the throttle , as for GTP 738, he has been doing these times with stock headers and cats ect so i think his is where it should be
Yep, I know all of this, had to have a last minute dig though.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:53 PM   #54
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Quote:
u coming craig or what??

I need to arrange alternatives on a few front to make it there, will have a go though. If I can sort those dramas I could leave very early Saturday morning, what time does it all start?
Old 03-04-2005, 07:24 PM   #55
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
"I could tell you but id have to kill you" lol

u coming down leigh?
Hahaha you could always keep me locked up in your work shop, im sure i wouldn't get bored stuffing around in there. As much as i would like to i dont think i can make it.

Last edited by XRQTOR; 03-04-2005 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:21 PM   #56
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Well done on that time Craig, bloody fantastic effort.

Pitty you can't come to Heathcote...should be a great weekend and I would like to see a grudge match between you and Kev.

Don't think it will be long before one of the Boss 260's is into the 12's.

Cheers

Brad

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 08:56 PM   #57
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8888
Well done on that time Craig, bloody fantastic effort.

Pitty you can't come to Heathcote...should be a great weekend and I would like to see a grudge match between you and Kev.

Don't think it will be long before one of the Boss 260's is into the 12's.

Cheers

Brad
Yeh, that'd be great but a lot has to happen before I can get down there.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:48 PM   #58
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&D PERFORMANCE

Exciting times ahead for the Boss.

Cheers Glenn
Hi Glenn, Hamo says forget about the Boss its the AU he wants going..lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
I think your selling yourself short mate, You keep at it, youlle have that beast running what you want it to in no time. Im sure it can and will do it.
He is selling himself short, Craig it takes time and its not as easy as some think.... keep at it....it will come...
Quote:
This is an amazing thread. Not the subject matter, but the attitudes towards all when it could have descended into you know what.

I feel like we are all standing in a bar together after mark has bought a couple of jugs of frothy stuff and its happy hour :

This is the way it should be.
Chris, this is how it should always be.. no BA wars...OFR declares War on the Holdens.. out:
Dont worry about the Jugs... next Saturday night Hamo and myself are into the wild turkey, we are having a party in someone’s Bendigo motel room...lol. : .
Safeway this week 2 bottles $60 cheap special guys..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
hi Johnny, When are you going for your next run, have you had a run since the Edit being done?

Quote:
G'day leigh,

Chris, is this the one that’s getting an exchange?
Quote:
I need to arrange alternatives on a few front to make it there, will have a go though. If I can sort those dramas I could leave very early Saturday morning, what time does it all start?
It Starts at 4.00 pm Heathcote is around 90 mins before you get into Melbourne..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guy’s don’t forget to Sign up for OFR its worth 2/10’s ..lol..
Join Here: http://206.225.84.45/showthread.php?t=4303
There is an OFR encouragement award voted by the judges, at this meeting.
G&D Performance & OFR have put up a prize.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 09:57 PM   #59
rodderz

Quote:
This is an amazing thread. Not the subject matter, but the attitudes towards all when it could have descended into you know what.

It is a pleasure to see proven tuners with different products in different bodied cars all having a giggle together with no shit stirring. Simon's tunes seem to be always on the money, and G and D's work on the ute paid dividends very quickly.

The consistant theme here is Ford enthusiasts enjoying their amazing results provided by quality tradespeople. I feel like we are all standing in a bar together after mark has bought a couple of jugs of frothy stuff and its happy hour :

This is the way it should be.

Rodderz - I have some rims and tyres i will be bringing up for the meet, along with the rest of my gear, feel free to use them.
Good words Chris. For myself the achievement as motor enthusiasts is what it's about...watching fast cars. Faster they go the better to watch!

About those tyres....'knoath i'll have a crack with them, but got a good clutch to go with it? lol
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 10:07 PM   #60
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Good words Chris. For myself the achievement as motor enthusiasts is what it's about...watching fast cars. Faster they go the better to watch!

About those tyres....'knoath i'll have a crack with them, but got a good clutch to go with it? lol
Rodderz.....I'll be bringing the Nittos plus a new clutch :

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post