Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Closed Thread

Old 13-02-2006, 02:38 PM   #31
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABOSS
Being a numbers man I'm going to keep this one to my self ( high 200's ) as I belive it had more to do with the driver rather then the power :dr_Evil: ... Now anyone that asks me that questions always gets the same answer " ENOUGH IS NEVER ENOUGH " out:

Un-touchable with street tires. :sm_headba :evilking:
Untouchable you say, would you be willing to lay some money on that next weekend.
Old 13-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #32
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
Yes and well done Chris, almost forgot the man behind the man, does that sound gay to anyone else : , no in all seriousness though well done on another milestone. Considering it was ran with street tyres, perhaps the next time you might convince Robbie to go a set of either semi or even full slicks, but at the very least sonething a lot stickier than what was run, and then diff gears and a stall might see a 290 in the 11's before long, only a matter of time.

Once again well done to everyone involved, I'm just sorry I couldn't be their to see it happen, unreal how tired work makes you, people warned me of this phenomenon, might have to retire again :
As for tyres I'm quite happy with current setup of the car as it stands, Wasn't taking off to hard off the line for it to spin that hard just little bit of spin.
Old 13-02-2006, 02:48 PM   #33
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Untouchable you say, would you be willing to lay some money on that next weekend.
If I was a betting man I would, I've achivied what I set out for, And I feel at this stage I dont need to prove myself or the car to anyone else but myself.

As for your car it's a great car with great setup just learning how to drive your car first then I consider a race. :evilsasmo
Old 13-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #34
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Go get em Leigh ready to take em all on.... :

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 13-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #35
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
If I was a betting man I would, I've achivied what I set out for, And I feel at this stage I dont need to prove myself or the car to anyone else but myself.

As for your car it's a great car with great setup just learning how to drive your car first then I consider a race. :evilsasmo
I was just ИИИИ stirring mate but no need to worry about my driving mate i'll handle it.
Old 13-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #36
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
I was just ИИИИ stirring mate but no need to worry about my driving mate i'll handle it.
You got me all wrong buddy, I'm not worried about your driving what I should say and mean is that you may need to get your head around driving your car now with all that grunt. Thats all.

I'll not looking for a race mate I've had my fun for now let me tell you. I think I've drive my GT harder then anyone else that I know, The reason I say that is because I dont see anyone else with a GT sedan racing down the 1/4.
Old 13-02-2006, 05:20 PM   #37
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Being a numbers man I'm going to keep this one to my self ( high 200's ) as I belive it had more to do with the driver rather then the power :dr_Evil: ... Now anyone that asks me that questions always gets the same answer " ENOUGH IS NEVER ENOUGH " out:

Un-touchable with street tires. :sm_headba :evilking:
Sorry to say Rob but it had alot to do with the power mate, have a look at your 60' (2.037) mate I have to drive the *** off my car (1.799) to get a 12.90.
Your right though enough is never enough.

Oh by the way you still havnt beaten me so your not the king yet. : (just stiring mate, luv your work!)
Old 13-02-2006, 06:10 PM   #38
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Go get em Leigh ready to take em all on.... :
All in the name of fun mate, the more the merrier.
Old 13-02-2006, 07:18 PM   #39
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Excellent results :

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 13-02-2006, 07:30 PM   #40
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
You got me all wrong buddy, I'm not worried about your driving what I should say and mean is that you may need to get your head around driving your car now with all that grunt. Thats all.

I'll not looking for a race mate I've had my fun for now let me tell you. I think I've drive my GT harder then anyone else that I know, The reason I say that is because I dont see anyone else with a GT sedan racing down the 1/4.
A few of us were racing our BOSS 290's 3 years ago. :thebirds: I reckon i drive my GT harder out of my drive way than you drive yours at the track. :
PS Change your sig too,you may have the quickest but certainly not the FASTEST. :ymca:
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 13-02-2006, 07:31 PM   #41
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Awesome Stuff

Great to see another one out on the track going full hog and racking up the numbers
Old 13-02-2006, 08:14 PM   #42
BLOHSV

Taken The Beast To The Track
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Well done DABOSS
Old 13-02-2006, 08:29 PM   #43
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
A few of us were racing our BOSS 290's 3 years ago. :thebirds: I reckon i drive my GT harder out of my drive way than you drive yours at the track. :
PS Change your sig too,you may have the quickest but certainly not the FASTEST. :ymca:
I sometimes think you forget who I am... Maybe you should bring your car to the track and we can see/ :thebirds: quickest and fastest in any mans meaning of the two words are the same buddy facts before fiction. :

Well in the case of " we were racing ours 3 years ago " You must still be the FASTEST. PLEASE
Old 13-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #44
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

quickest is the lowest et

Fastest is the highest mph

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 13-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #45
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
quickest is the lowest et

Fastest is the highest mph

Do not be taken the ИИИИ , Let me enjoy my ray sunshine
Old 13-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #46
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Come on alex we haven't seen your's out of the garage for 2 years LOL

gez no bodys cares who's car has the most mph it's the time that counts.

And as rob has said l can vouch that he does drive that car hard than most, thats because he is right beside me HAHAHA...
Old 13-02-2006, 09:06 PM   #47
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
Sorry to say Rob but it had alot to do with the power mate, have a look at your 60' (2.037) mate I have to drive the *** off my car (1.799) to get a 12.90.
Your right though enough is never enough.

Oh by the way you still havnt beaten me so your not the king yet. : (just stiring mate, luv your work!)

Come on wade power is not everything l have seen Robs dyno sheet.
If l can do a 1.9 60ft l must be up neer the 300rwkw
Old 13-02-2006, 09:07 PM   #48
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
Come on alex we haven't seen your out of the garage for 2 years LOL

And as rob has said l can vouch that he does drive that car hard than most, thats because he is right beside me HAHAHA...

FFFFFFFANKS BUDDY
Old 13-02-2006, 09:17 PM   #49
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
I sometimes think you forget who I am... Maybe you should bring your car to the track and we can see/ :thebirds: quickest and fastest in any mans meaning of the two words are the same buddy facts before fiction. :

Well in the case of " we were racing ours 3 years ago " You must still be the FASTEST. PLEASE
Fastest and quickests is 2 different things,sorry but it has to be said. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 13-02-2006, 09:18 PM   #50
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Come on alex we haven't seen your's out of the garage for 2 years LOL

I'll see u guys out in a couple of weeks. :hihi:
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 13-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #51
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
no worries we need to see more of these so called fast GT'S running the 1/4 mile us 260 boys need a rest
Old 13-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #52
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=ORSMXR]Come on wade power is not everything l have seen Robs dyno sheet.
Mate just going off what Rob said about having alot to do with the driver (and without taking anything away from his achievements great effort)

Also I didnt say power was everything did I.
Old 13-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #53
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

[QUOTE=Lowride260]
Quote:
Come on wade power is not everything l have seen Robs dyno sheet.
Mate just going off what Rob said about having alot to do with the driver (and without taking anything away from his achievements great effort)

Also I didnt say power was everything did I.

ИИИИ you wade HAHAHAHAHAHHA
Old 13-02-2006, 09:32 PM   #54
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If l can do a 1.9 60ft l must be up neer the 300rwkw
Old 13-02-2006, 09:33 PM   #55
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
???? you wade HAHAHAHAHAHHA
Luv you to buddy! :
Old 13-02-2006, 09:37 PM   #56
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
Luv you to buddy! :
Is there enough cuddles and kissess in there for me too.How do i sign up. Jsmilie:
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 13-02-2006, 09:38 PM   #57
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
It's been 3 years , so whats another couple of weeks. :
Old 13-02-2006, 09:38 PM   #58
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

You blokes are wierd...... :
Old 13-02-2006, 09:39 PM   #59
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Look Alex I've change my signature just for you So you can sleep better at night. :
Old 13-02-2006, 09:40 PM   #60
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Is there enough cuddles and kissess in there for me too.How do i sign up. Jsmilie:

Im in the mood,. count me in! :ymca:
Closed Thread