Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 08-01-2005, 12:48 AM   #1
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default TSB forum

Hi Guys,
Just wandered across and registered.

I was thinking it would be real handy if there was a list (forum) maintained for all know TSB ford aus. It would be handy for me to know this information when I wander into the service department to discuss problems with my car.
cs123 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2005, 12:49 AM   #2
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

That is a good idea, i wonder who has regular access to them all

Maybe a forum which is locked so it cant get cluttered up with pointless stuff ?

Chris
Old 08-01-2005, 11:08 AM   #3
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I remember correctly Ford of Aus get rather shirty about releasing TSBs .. unlike Ford in the US which releases them publically.
We are working on a content management system at the moment .. but slowly so the integration doesn't screw up the main forums.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2005, 11:39 AM   #4
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
If I remember correctly Ford of Aus get rather shirty about releasing TSBs
Well maybe not the actual Ford TSB, but knowing there is a TSB out there for a particular problem would be handy.

Also be nice to have a list of common faults/fixes for different models. The CMS you are putting together would probably address this though.
cs123 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2005, 11:55 AM   #5
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
Well maybe not the actual Ford TSB, but knowing there is a TSB out there for a particular problem would be handy.

Also be nice to have a list of common faults/fixes for different models. The CMS you are putting together would probably address this though.
that's the plan :
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2005, 11:57 AM   #6
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

We have asked FoA in the past for access to TSB's (officially as opposed to unofficially) but got a very firm response in the negative. When you read ours against the US based ones it's not too difficult to see why as ours have a lot more of the "don't do anything unless the customer complains" stuff in them than FoA might like to publicly release.

Having said that, where there is a will, there is always a way and I suspect that something might appear in the DM Forums when we get that up and running if my crystal ball is working ok.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 11:20 PM   #7
EA_Bender
Hmmm Gold!!!

ok, im going to be a complete newbie, whats TSB???? :
1990 EA Series 2 Fairmont, Low Springs and shocks, 17 x 7 Advanti Flash Mags running on Falken rubber :, EL XR8 Sway Bars, NGK Iridium Plugs, New Trip Comp, Pacemaker 4480, 2.5 system 4L ED engine with surecam

Now Sporting - OED666's 202+ RWHP engine!! :dj: fully
EA_Bender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 11:37 PM   #8
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_Bender
ok, im going to be a complete newbie, whats TSB???? :
Technical Service Bulletin.

A technical service bulletin is an advisory issued by a manufacturer for use by dealership service departments. TSBs frequently (but not always) address a recurring problem and include illustrated instructions for repair, a list of the parts needed, the warranty status and the labor charge.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 11:45 PM   #9
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Having said that, where there is a will, there is always a way and I suspect that something might appear in the DM Forums when we get that up and running if my crystal ball is working ok.

Cheers
Russ
Sounds good Russ. Could you have another look into the crystal ball and tell which models might be covered in the DM forums?

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #10
Bam
XB,XF,ZL,EA,EL,BA,SY,SZII

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent write up on Air bag installation. 
Default Technical Service Bulletins

Nothing more after 5 years? Having searched the forums, I suspect that the answer is 'no', but I'll ask anyway.

Has there been any movement on this, i.e. on linking or at least listing the Ford Technical Service Bulletins on this site? Alternatively, are they available anywhere else?
Bam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2010, 10:57 PM   #11
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The answer is still the same as it always was - FoA will not release them publicly.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post